Why are you here?

By shadow-queen-the-cat

Takes place after the events of Papa Louie Three. Radlynn stays behind in MunchMore after Radley is defeated... More

Go Away
You're Still Here?
A Tad Disappointing
Please Just Leave Me Alone
Just Shut Up
Its No Problem
Just Ignore It
You Can't Cook?
Why Did You Do It?
Where Is She?
It's Been Years
Eight Days
Homesick
Eyedroppers
Look After Him - Part 1
Look After Him - Part 2
Look After Him - Part 3
Goodnight
Picnic - Part One
Picnic - Part Two
Luau Says Hi
Test #1
This Is Childish
Reasons To Live
Home Safe
One Last Time

Goodbye

119 4 4
By shadow-queen-the-cat

AN: So this is it, the final chapter. This story was started in August, and I'm writing this in April. It's...odd that something that started as an idea I came up with while getting takeout one night became my most popular story ever, but I'm not complaining. It's not my best work, no, but I'm happy with this story. And I want to thank everyone who supported me, voted on this story and left comments. I also want to thank MorganCooper5 for being nothing but supportive during this, and for letting me use her Radlynn pastgens and Radley headcanons. I love you, Meg, and this story was mostly written for and because of you. Anyway, sorry for the long AN, enjoy the chapter everybody.

×××××××××××

"...are you ready?"

Radlynn's hands curled into fists. She pursed her lips and stared at the empty space in front of her. She was shaking. She wore the outfit she'd come here in, freshly washed and ironed. They felt comfortable and familiar, though they now smelled of the cheap detergent Radley used.

She nodded slowly. "Yeah." She ran her tongue along her dry lips. "I'm ready."

Radley nodded next to her and tossed the warp coin to the ground. It flickered to life and cast a yellow glow over the room. Radlynn stared at the portal. A brick alleyway. It was funny to her how surreal it felt to see something so simple.

She stepped towards the portal and slowly poked her finger through the portal. She pulled her hand back and looked over at Radley. He stood still, fiddling with his hands, watching her.

"...Radlynn, I-"

"Do you wanna walk me home?" She cut in.

"Wa-" Radley looked taken aback. "C-Can I?" He asked, the excitement in his voice subdued but still obvious. Radlynn nodded. Radley grinned despite himself. "Yeah! Yes I will um- give me a moment-" Radlynn watched him hurriedly leave the room. He came back wearing the white trenchcoat he'd used for his disguise before and holding his oversized brown hat. Radlynn smiled at the familiar outfit.

"Ready?" She asked. Radley put his hat on and tugged up the collar of his trenchcoat, hiding his face.

"Yes, I'm ready." He walked over to her. Radlynn took his hand in hers and tugged him gently, smiling up at him. Radley grinned under his coat.

They stepped through the portal into the alleyway. The warp coin shrunk again back to just- well- a coin. Radley picked it up and put it in his pocket. He glanced around nervously. "Maybe this is a bad idea-" he murmured. Radlynn squeezed his hand.

"It'll be okay," she said softly. "I'll keep you safe." Radley smiled at her from under his coat and nodded.

They stepped out of the alleyway into the afternoon sunlight. Radlynn tugged him along, looking around nervously. Thankfully the streets weren't too busy, and they stuck to the backstreets when possible. Everyone knew what Radley looked like, and him being seven feet tall probably didn't help.

"Feels like I'm on the run or something." Radlynn murmured. Radley laughed behind her.

"Wouldn't be my first time." He replied. Radlynn looked back at him, brow arched.

"You're only telling me about your criminal history now?" She asked, smirking. Radley scratched at the back of his head.

"You're right, bad time." He said, avoiding the topic. Radlynn chuckled.

"I keep forgetting you're a villain," she murmured. "You're too nice."

"I am not nice." Radley retorted.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah! I- uh- when I'm mad at someone I cook food for them but burn it slightly so it tastes bad!"

They were silent for a moment before Radlynn suddenly cracked up laughing. She stopped walking just so she could calm down. Radley grinned under the coat. Radlynn grabbed his hand.

"God you're an idiot." She murmured as they began walking again.

They stopped outside a small two storey attached house. Radlynn stared up at the door. "...is this the place?" Radley asked. She nodded. She looked at him.

"Wait here." She said. Radley stared at her in surprised confusion. She walked up the steps and knocked on the door. She knocked on the door.

There was shuffling noises from inside and hurried footsteps. Radlynn could feel her stomach doing flips, her breath becoming shaky with nerves. She curled her hands into fists.

The door swung open, revealing a somewhat disheveled looking man. He wore a stained, wrinkled black t-shirt and ripped black jeans. His greasy, messy hair hung over one of his eyes and half of it was dyed blue. "R-" the first syllable barely managed to pass his lips. He almost fell into Radlynn, hugging her closely against him.

"Urk-!" His hug was almost strong enough to choke the breath out of her. Radlynn grinned.

"Radlynn..." Rainer murmured, his voice trembling. "Radlynn I-I-" she could tell he was tearing up by his voice. "I thought I'd- thought I'd lost you!"

"I  know I know-"

Her father pulled away, looking both frantic and scared but also as happy as the day she'd been born. He wiped at his eyes before asking "What happened?! Everyone else got home after the incident on the boat but they couldn't find you a-and-" He stared at her, mouth agape. "Where did you go...?" He asked, his voice barely a whisper. He sounded so scared and sad- Radlynn felt the guilt hit her all at once.

"It's- it's a long story..." She looked aside. "But I'm oka-"

"Radlynn?"

The second, feminine voice made Radlynn look up. Rainer looked over his shoulder behind him. The voice's owner was a blonde woman with red streaks in her hair. Unlike her father, her mother had put on makeup this morning. She and Radlynn stared at each other for a few moments. Dahlia stepped forward.

"We were so worried I-I-" she began.

"I know." Radlynn replied softly. "But I'm okay, honestly." She smiled a bit.

"A-Are you sure-" Rainer asked. He looked at her worriedly. "We don't know where you've been, what if you're sick o-or-"

"Oh! Oh right-" Radlynn turned around and beckoned for Radley to come up the steps towards her. "Radley! Come say hi!"

Radley stared at Radlynn. Radlynn's parents stared at Radley. His outfit and height already gave away very well who he was but the name was just the confirmation her parents needed.

"Ra-Radlynn is- is that-" Rainer began.

"Are you okay?! What's he doing here...?" Dahlia asked in disbelief. Radlynn looked back at her parents.

"He's harmless, I promise," she looked at Radley, frozen at the bottom of the steps. She walked down them and grabbed Radley's hand. Their fingers linked and she tugged him. "C'mon, they're nice people I promise."

Radley gulped and slowly followed Radlynn up the steps. He stopped, staring at Radlynn's mother and father in terror. Dahlia moved back away from him. It was odd, someone of his size and height being scared of two skinny humans. They stared at each other for a few moments before Dahlia broke the silence.

"You sly, no-good son of a BITCH!" She suddenly lunged herself at Radley. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY DAUGHTER?!" Radley stumbled back, mostly from surprise. He leaned against the brick wall dividing the house's steps from the neighboring one.

"Mom!" Radlynn wrapped her arms around her mother, restraining her.

"I-I didn't do anything I swear, Mrs Red!" Radley finally found his voice. He held his hands up, like he was surrendering.

"Radlynn what-" Rainer seemed to forget about his ex-wife's actions immediately. He looked from Radley to his daughter. "What did you do?" He asked.

She let go of Dahlia and scratched the back of her neck anxiously. "I...may have stayed behind in MunchMore so I could befriend Radley Madish." She said. Rainer stared at her and then sighed.

"...and you brought him home." He murmured. He looked over at Radley. "Radlynn I know I've let a lot of things slide but-" he looked from Radlynn to Radley, who shifted on his feet anxiously.

"I'm sorry." Radlynn murmured. "But he's harmless, I promise, Radley is a nice person, he's just...misguided."

Rainer looked at Radley for a moment before stepping towards him. He held out a hand. Radley stared at it like Rainer's hand was covered in spikes, then slowly held out his hand and shook it.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr Madish. Thank you for...returning, my daughter." He said softly.

"I-" Radley lowered his hand sheepishly. "It's nothing- it'd be cruel to not return her to her family-" he murmured, rubbing at his arm as he spoke.

"But you're the one who kidnapped her." Dahlia said, voice full of spite. "You're the one who took my daughter-"

"Dahlia," Rainer cut in, looking at his ex-wife. "I know you're angry, but...let him explain." He looked over at Radley. "If Radlynn trusts you..."

"I- the plan was never to...keep her," Radley spoke slowly. "I was going to let everyone free when I...y'know-  took over- but Radlynn just..." He looked at her. "Well she showed up at my front door and I couldn't exactly leave her I mean- I live in a cave for god's sakes- and it's pretty far from the nearest town, I didn't really have a choice in the matter."

"He looked after me." Radlynn cut in. "Gave me clothes, food, a bed-" She smiled a bit. "He taught me to cook."

"You can cook-?" Rainer frowned. He looked at Radley, who nodded and smiled a bit.

"She's not bad at it. She made some of the nicest sandwiches I've ever had." He said. Rainer looked surprised. He relaxed a bit, fiddling with his hands.

"Oh- I see." He looked at Radlynn. "So you're not...hurt?" He asked. She shook her head.

"Perfectly fine."

"Oh." Rainer dropped his hands and looked at Radley. He tilted his head at him. "Um- would you like to come in? I have coffee."

"He's a tea person." Radlynn objected. She glanced from her shocked looking mother to Radley. Though she couldn't see his face, she could tell he was surprised at the offer, but probably smiling.

"I have that too." Rainer said with a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 715 33
(BOOK 3) Laura and Taylor had broken up and it's hell on earth for both the parties. As Laura walked out of Taylor's life, Taylor is struggling to ad...
268K 16.1K 165
chance connection part two - you definitely need to read that first because i simply ran out of chapters there... (➑️ my profile) zain accidentally...
913 47 3
𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‚π‹πŽπ‚πŠ ─────── 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘨𝘰 𝘣𝘒𝘀𝘬 𝘡𝘰 𝘒 𝘰𝘭π˜₯ 𝘧𝘒𝘀𝘡𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘱𝘒𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘡𝘴 𝘢𝘴𝘦π˜₯ 𝘡𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬, 𝘒𝘭𝘰𝘯...
53.6K 2.7K 44
On his first day of college, Type meets his old childhood friend, Tharn, both deciding to rekindle their old friendship. The rebuilding of their frie...