✪ Boundaries || HanaNene ✪

By lobelia_moirae

Yugi Amane was only in sixth grade when he unexpectedly died along with his father and his brother. Yashiro N... More

A U T H O R ' S N O T E
P R O L O G U E
C H A P T E R O N E
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R T H R E E
C H A P T E R F O U R
C H A P T E R F I V E
C H A P T E R S I X
C H A P T E R S E V E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T
C H A P T E R N I N E
C H A P T E R T E N
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E L V E
C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R 15 . 5
!!!
C H A P T E R S I X T E E N (1/2)
C H A P T E R S I X T E E N (2/2)
B I R T H D A Y S P E C I A L
C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N
C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N
Hiatus

C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

763 31 62
By lobelia_moirae

Chapter 13: Anything for You

Yashiro really wasn't feeling all that well at all.

She had a pounding headache, a dry throat, an aching body, and a high fever. She had the flu, even if she was literally the healthiest person everyone knew. Yashiro didn't know where she got her flu from. It wasn't like she was running in rain, and none of her friends were sick.

Though it didn't exactly matter how she caught the flu, how was she going to attend school?

She had to attend today. They were going to have a very important quiz and a few performances, and she dreaded going to the faculty room and presenting there. As much as she wanted to bail, she'd rather do her performances and quizzes in the same room as her classmates at the same time.

So, she went despite being sick.

"N-Nene-chan! Are you okay? You don't look so well."

Aoi watched with concern as Nene dragged her heavy body inside the classroom. She wore a blue, surgical mask and a rose pink knitted scarf on her neck. Her hair was disheveled, her skin pale as white, her eyes and nose were rose pink, and her eyes droopy and tired.

She wasn't going to lie, Yashiro looked like a walking zombie school girl entering their classroom.

Yashiro sent a small, yet tired smile to the bluenette, "I'll be fine. I have the flu, but I can't miss any of the classes today."

"But you won't be able to focus, and not to mention you might infect people," Aoi told her, her brows furrowed, "You should go to the nurse's office, Nene-chan."

"But—"

"No buts! Come on, let's go." 

Grabbing Nene's hand, Aoi pulled her best friend to the infirmary room. Yashiro tried to protest and drag her best friend back to the classroom, but Aoi stood firm. She tried to whine, but Aoi shot a glare that made Yashiro shut up almost immediately.

Sliding the door to the infirmary open, Aoi dragged Yashiro inside with her. Surprisingly, the teacher in charge of the infirmary at that time was Tsuchigomori.

"Tsuchigomori-sensei!" Aoi exclaimed before pointing at Yashiro, "Nene-chan came to school with a bad flu. She isn't feeling well, so could she possibly stay here for the whole school day?"

Tsuchigomori raised his brows at the sick girl. She looked devastatingly ill, and it definitely wasn't normal. It was as though most of her life energy for that day had been sucked away, leaving her soul vulnerable to evil spirits.

'Looks like the curse already struck,' The thought ran through Tsuchigomori's mind.

Sighing, he directed Yashiro onto a bed. He found it foolish how she even came to school despite looking and feeling so ill. She wouldn't even be able to concentrate on her studies, and she'd be infecting other students. Then again, it was probably better for her to come to school than to stay at home and be left unguarded from all the evil spirits that would be attracted to her.

"Ne, Tsuchigomori-sensei," Aoi turned to the teacher, who was getting Yashiro's temperature and placing a cooling patch on her forehead, "Where's Number Seventh? Shouldn't he be aware that his assistant here is sick?"

'Oh, that's right,' Tsuchigomori remembered that the bluenette finally knew about supernaturals. 

After what happened with Shinigami and how he took Aoi to his boundary, Aoi was brought awareness to the fact that the supernaturals and the rumors were real. She was now regularly able to see them with the mark that Shinigami left on her soul which enhanced her psychic abilities. Of course, she was a bit overwhelmed and skeptical about everything, and it took time to get her used to knowing everything. But after a period of time, she got used to it.

"Lord Seventh's attending to something right now, so he wouldn't be here until probably later on," After checking on everything, Tsuchigomori sat down at the chair next to Yashiro and Aoi. Yashiro had immediately fallen asleep as soon as Tsuchigomori finished checking everything, so it was all silent for a few moments.

"Tsuchigomori-sensei, there's something I've been meaning to ask," Aoi's head hang low and she started to rub her thumb. 

"What is it?"

"Akane-kun accidentally blurted something he wasn't supposed to tell me the other day, but he refused to tell me the full details," The bluenette finally raised her head to the teacher, tears forming at the brim of her eyes. Tsuchigomori was a bit surprised to see the girl crying, but he knew exactly what she was going to ask him.

"Is Nene-chan really going to die?"

Tsuchigomori sighed, looking away from the girl for a moment. He crossed his arms and laid back on the backrest of the seat, before finally replying, "Yes."

Aoi began sobbing, and Tsuchigomori let her. Obviously, it would be hard for a normal human being to take in this information, especially when the person dying would be someone they loved. Tsuchigomori was used to seeing death, though. It had happened often too many times.

"W-Why? W-Why does it have to be Nene-chan? She didn't do anything wrong, right?" Aoi choked out, a few more tears began escaping her eyes. She brought out her handkerchief and gently dabbed it on her cheekbones.

"They say that life isn't fair, and it's exactly the same thing with death," Tsuchigomori said before the bell began to ring, signaling that Aoi and Tsuchigomori needed to go to class.

"T-The bell... I need to go," Aoi stood and was about to say goodbye to Tsuchigomori until she was interrupted.

"I'll give you a nurse's office pass so you can enter the classroom late, you obviously can't go to class looking like that," Tsuchigomori sent a small, yet sad smile, "I know it's hard for you to take in, but the kid would most probably want you not to worry about it."

Aoi couldn't help but smile at the sensei, who stood and quickly wrote on the pink admission slip before handing it to her. Aoi bowed to Tsuchigomori, bidding her goodbye and walking away to the bathroom. Soon after, Tsuchigomori began to make his way to his class, passing by Yako to inform her of Yashiro's presence in the infirmary.

•  •  •

Hanako was furious when he heard about Yashiro's condition from Tsuchigomori.

It seemed that what Hanako had anticipated all this time had now begun to strike. He knew this would become a major problem if it carried on. If he didn't do anything right now, then Yashiro would gradually get weaker and face more pain than ever. That would end with her—

"Dammit, Amane!" Hanako screamed, stabbing the knife hard onto the wooden frame of the window inside his boundary.

Why couldn't you do a single thing right? Because of you, the only person who ever really cared about you will die. If only you didn't make that deal if you were only strong enough to face your father. If only you were worthy enough for your mother to be proud and stay.

Hanako let out a sigh.

'I need to chill out, I can't face Yashiro like this.'

"You really are pathetic, you idiot Crazy Knife."

Hanako turned his head towards the mirror, where a familiar, sassy, and beautiful pink-haired boy stuck out. Mitsuba frowned, his brows furrowed and his eyes positioned to look at the Seventh Wonder. Hanako narrowed his eyes at the third wonder, tension building up the whole room.

It was obvious that the two didn't get along well.

"You... Don't you think I don't know that?"

Mitsuba sighed, turning his head away from Hanako to stare at the window which gave him a clear view of the campus grounds. There were classes that were in the track field, while some were in the classrooms. A lot of supernaturals lingered in the area, and it was definitely not normal.

"The number of low-level evil spirits doubled recently because of the curse everyone keeps talking about,"  Mitsuba said, "Aren't you going to do something about it?"

Hanako remained silent. For a moment, Mitsuba looked at the apparition who had been clenching his jaw and fists.

"After all, they might start feeding on Radish-senpai's life energy."

"How much information did Tsukasa tell you?" Hanako glared at the pink-haired wonder, who didn't seem to be fazed by the apparition whatsoever.

"He didn't tell me much," Mitsuba muttered, "Just the general details of your unfortunate curse."

Hanako scoffed, before taking his knife out from the window frame, leaving a deep hole carved onto the wood.  Stomping on every step, Hanako began to make his way to the door. Going through the door, he made his way over to the courtyard, where a crowd of evil spirits looked inside the infirmary window.

He could kill a spirit or two as he pleases, maybe until his head cools.

"Hakoujodai," The two spirits came to their master, and Hanako now wore his long cape. Holding his knife at his outstretched right hand, he slowly walked over to the crowd of spirits that gathered in front of the infirmary.

"That girl's life energy looks tasty," A shadow spirit told the glob next to him, "Maybe if we all team up, we can break the barrier that the scrawny, exorcist brat put up."

Not on Hanako's watch.

Ichi... Ni... San...

Hanako was now just a few meters away from the large crowd. The knife in his hands glimmered brightly at the shine of the sun's rays. His eyes were fixed on all the spirits that lingered in front of the barrier that Kou had created.

"That's a great idea. Man, I can only imagine how good her energy would taste."

Yonn... Go... Roku...

Hanako tightened his grip on his weapon. The Seventh Wonder was only giving them ten seconds to leave on their own will. Any more seconds and he'd lose his mind.

Nana... Hachi... Kyū...

"She'll probably taste sweet. After all, she looks cute as hell."

"I wonder what she'd look like if she even saw us." The spirit laughed, "That terrified face would most definitely look cute."

Jyū.

At lightning speed, Hanako began to slash through the crowd of spirits. He let out every single feeling of anger he had bottled up in those ten seconds. The weakest ones were killed in an instant, but those who were a bit more powerful were only given an immense amount of injuries. With no expression on his face, Hanako slowly raised his knife to the level of his face, before mercilessly ripping apart the spirit with quick slashes in every part of their bodies.

This was his true nature, wasn't it? That's because he was a murderer, right?

Dismembering another spirit, Hanako stared at the bloody mess he made. The windows and walls were covered with splotches of spirit blood, the grass was soaked with blood, and a bunch of dismembered body parts laid on the ground. Hanako's uniform was completely soaked with blood, and his knife was stained with black.

In his state at that moment, Hanako knew that Kou and Yashiro would fear him and probably never talk to him again.

From a distance, Kou, Tsuchigomori, and Teru saw everything. Tsuchigomori was used to the Seventh's rampages and thought nothing much of it, but Teru continued to observe the apparition's behavior. Kou was speechless as he watched from the Science Laboratory on the first floor.

'He'll stir up problems in the near future,'  The thought crossed Teru's mind before he looked back to pay attention to the lesson, 'What is Kou planning to do with him?'

Hanako was calm now, and it was just about time for him to see Yashiro.

Not even bothering to change his clothes, he went through the barrier Kou had created and touched his feet onto the floor. Slowly, he walked over to Yashiro, who was still sleeping soundly. A smile formed on his lips once he saw how peaceful she looked. It was how he wanted her to look like all her life: carefree, happy, and at peace.

It didn't matter if he was in her life or not, he just wanted her to be happy.

Hanako truly couldn't restrain himself anymore. Lowering his head to her face, he planted a soft kiss on her forehead. After this, he uttered a small promise to her.

"Sleep peacefully, Nene. I'll make sure you live a long life."

So um.

I've become a maniac with all the Haikyuu that I've been surrounding myself with. 

I honestly don't know what turned me into a simping mess after just a WEEK of watching.

So yes, I live and breathe for Nishinoya Yuu.

That's the A/N.

Thank you.

Moirae x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 4.9K 27
What should I do? Everything Yashiro ever wanted was romance. But love is not as colorful as she thinks. Sometimes it can be deadly dangerous. Esp...
639K 27.4K 91
――幽霊 | 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 [PLEASE READ THE REWRITTEN VER WHICH IS GHOSTING INSTEAD THE WRITING HERE IS CRINGE TT] (Ghosted Series #1) .⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆"𝘼𝙧...
2.5K 118 15
Hanahaki, a rare disease that Yugi Amane unfortunately has for his classmate, Yashiro Nene. Yashiro Nene, the princess of Kamome Gakuen. Will she not...
60.4K 1.5K 25
𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗶𝗻 𝗧𝗕𝗛𝗞/JSHK| ℂ𝕙𝕠𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕒𝕕𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖 ~Finished~ Chapters are kinda short, a few paragraphs in one chapter! ...