Orphan of the Ocean

By QuetzalQueen

Sylvia, a young bottlenose dolphin, is forced to flee from Peru after a traumatic event, and embarks on a jou... More

Prologue: Why are Humans so Mean?!
The Dream of a New Home
Not-so-kind Dolphins
Sylvia meets Aquarius
Maybe not all Humans are bad...
Epilogue: 3 Years On

Sylvia's Journey Concludes

15 2 0
By QuetzalQueen

Several days later, we arrived at my true home. “Welcome to the Catlins,  your home, Sylvia” a male Hector’s Dolphin said. I knew exactly what he meant. I heard someone say, “Join our pod! We love to get new friends.” I swam up to the small Bottlenose Dolphin pod, and they were so happy to see me. They were eager to hear my story.  The pod also loved Aquarius. “Can you stay here, please?” a little female dolphin begged. “Unfortunately, I can’t. I’ve got friends back in the Gold Coast, and I must return to them.  I’ll try to see you guys again someday.” I could tell he didn’t want to go back home. “Despite your dislike of humans, you’re a much better friend than my mother.  I hope you continue to enjoy your life here. Goodbye, Sylvia!” he said as he left for Australia. He was like a little brother. I’ll miss him. “Don’t be sad!” said Moana. “I’m staying here, so I’ll be your new best friend. You’ve got a wonderful life ahead of you.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 762 22
Trains had always made you sick but here you are now. On one, in a sky full of stars that travels to different galaxies. How did you end up here? You...
15.8K 339 21
Idk first story so please be nice
15.3K 321 23
Long ago, when the pyramids were still young, the Egyptian Kings played a game of great and terrible power. But these Shadow Games erupted into a war...
539K 15.8K 39
MALE WEDNESDAY X READER "I love you...Wednesday Addams" The girl cried while hugging him as tight as she could. "I love you too....Amore mio. Please...