How to Write About College

By lyssagibson

We all do it. We want to write about something that we haven't experienced and sometimes we get the experienc... More

Hello!
How Classes Go
Frat Parties
Greek Life
Dorms
Classes Pt. 2
Zoom University

Campus Life

12 0 0
By lyssagibson

There is a dining hall and an on campus convenience store. The store is very expensive. A lunchable is like $4 where at walmart they are $1. You have a meal plan, which gives you "dining dollars" and "swipes". Think of "dining dollars" as monopoly money, it is put on your student ID card and you can purchase things at the store with them. "Swipes" are what you use at the dining hall, you choose a meal plan that has a certain amount of swipes and it comes with a set amount of dining dollars. If you are not a student with a meal plan, it usually costs around $10 to eat in the dining hall. The dining hall is also buffet style, but the food is very very very gross. I got food poisoning three times my freshman year. The store and dining hall are very close to the dorms, no more than a couple minute walk.

There is also a campus customer service desk, open 24 hours where you go if you get locked out of your dorm, lose your campus ID card, have mail, need condoms, or have any questions.

Campuses have many many buildings for classes. Classes and events are held in these building and they are sometimes not very close to each other, about a 10-15 minute walk. It is very unlikely that 2 classes will occur in the same building right after each other.

There are thousands of students. Thousands of other minds and lives going on and sometimes you'll see someone in a bath robe on a scooter going to class and you'll think "I wish that was me". The chances of you being weird are next to nothing. No matter what, someone is always going to be weirder and it is very exciting and cool to experience.

Nobody really about being your friend, but you will make many many friends. The person that you sit next to in your lecture for 50 minutes 2-3 times a week probably isn't going to become your best friend. Most friends will be made at parties, in your dorm, or at really random times. This isn't scary once you realize that college is hectic and everyone is spending thousands of dollars to be there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
74.4K 2.3K 28
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...