When A Fan met Her star [ Edi...

By nila_c423

Jai Prakash Raj is a dashing superstar. heartthrob of many girls. Darling of the industry and the Greek God f... More

Prologue
Chapter 01 : Meet Fan and Her Family
Chapter 02 : Meet Star and His Family
Chapter 03 : Movie Release
Chapter 04 : Surprise!
Chapter 05 : Fan Meets Her Star
Chapter 06 : A Day to Remember
Chapter 07 : Accident
Chapter 08 : Saving Him
Chapter 09 : Get Well Soon
Chapter 10 : Who is She?
Chapter 11 : Srishti
Chapter 12 : Star Meets His Fan
Chapter 13 : A Visit To His House
Chapter 14 : She Is Different
Chapter 15 : Will We Meet Again?
Chapter 16 : Jai's Restlessness
Chapter 17 : Love?
Chapter 18 : The Pooja
Chapter 19 : She Left
Chapter 20 : His and Her Dilemma
Chapter 21 : Mind v/s Heart
Chapter 22 : His Thoughts
Chapter 23 : Arjun
Chapter 24 : The Phone Call
Chapter 25 : Dream Project
Chapter 26 : Rumours
Chapter 27 : Just Friends
Chapter 28 : Proposal
Chapter 29 : Birthday Wish
Chapter 30 : Celebration
Chapter 31 : Midnight Drive
Chapter 32 : Hard Times
Chapter 33 : Acceptance
Chapter 34 : Legally Married
Chapter 35 : The Truth
Chapter 37 : Stubborn Decisions
Chapter 38 : Changed Life?
Chapter 39 : Revelations
Chapter 40 : Sanjay?
Chapter 41 : Sir v/s Madam
Chapter 42 : Check-mate
Chapter 43 : Biggest Fan
Chapter 44 : The Accidental Kiss
Chapter 45 : I'll Miss You

Chapter 36 : Big Day

1.1K 100 34
By nila_c423

Days were quick to pass. Srishti and jai knew that their life is not same as before.

Srishti felt terrified and trapped. She couldn't believe everything that happened in a matter of few days. She didn't knew whom to trust. Kumari and shruthi. Tried hard to let her know the truth. But she wasn't prepared enough to deal with any of it. So she chose to stay away from everyone. She was inside one room. And didn't come outside even for once. Confining herself felt better than facing the harsh reality that. She's not gonna get her normal life back now. She hated everything that happened. The first thing that roamed around her head was Arjun. She knew she owed him. An apology and explanation. But she didn't knew whom to share her feelings to. She tried texting him one or two times. But the fear of seeing him in pain. Didn't made her do so.

Jai on the other side kept running away from reality. He kept himself so busy with shoots and scripts. So that he could barely get time to think about srishti. He worked day and night. Without resting himself. A huge part of him was guilty that he dragged an innocent girl into his messy life. He wanted to confront her. Make her feel better. Promise her that he's never gonna let her down and he's doing it just for the good. But he didn't knew how to face her.

After their legal marriage registration. Kumari felt it was necessary to conduct an informal wedding function for them. Jai initially disagreed with the idea. This marriage didn't feel real at all. But kumari wasn't the one to give up. She talked to srishtis parents who agreed. And they started with the wedding preparations.

Shruthi has been taking care of everything. Since kumari had left her in charge. She was happy that her brother got someone whom he deserved. But she just wished this to happen in the right way.

"Maa"shruthi stormed inside Kumaris room. While she was going through some designs for the decorations.

"Yes shruthi?"

"I've given up. I can't convince srishti. She's saying that she's not coming to the haldi ceremony at all"shruthi said. Kumari sighed.

"I told you shruthi. There was no need for all these"kumari said.

"Come on ma. Annaya is getting married. It is a big deal to me as his sister. I've invited everyone for today's evening. What I'm I gonna say if srishti doesn't come? And don't even get started on annaya. I had to literally beg him to cancel his evening shoot"shruthi said.

"Srishti is just heartbroken shruthi. Give her some time. I will talk to her"kumari said.

"You better"

Srishti was sitting in the bed. Hugging her knees to her chest. Leaning backwards. Her eyes closed. She was lost in her thoughts. And got startled as someone knocked on the door.

"Srishti. It's me. Can I come in?"kumari asked.

Srishti got up from the bed. As the door opened and Kumari walked in. Carrying a shopping bag with her.

"Did I disturb you?"kumari asked. Srishti shaked her head.

"Good. I know shruthi had already eaten your ears. But I'm not here to force you srishti. I just wish that you hear me out for sometime. I want to tell you everything. And I know that you are not prepared for that. But please don't do this to yourself. I promised your parents that you'll be fine here. But you are skipping your meals. You're barely talking to anyone here. And you're not even coming outside this room. This is not a prison sristi. This is your home now. You belong here"kumari said.

"No. I don't"srishti said. As a drop of tear rolled down her right eye. Kumari sighed and stepped forward. Touching her shoulders.

"I know what you're going through. You don't understand how important this marriage is for me and my family. The same goes for your parents. You and jai. Had to go through a lot. But if you don't try to give this all one chance. We all are gonna end up in hurt. I hope you understand"Kumari said. Srishti remained mum. Taking it all inside.

"I'm leaving this dress and jewelleries here. Please do come downstairs for the haldi ceremony. Your parents are gonna be there. All of my relatives are gonna be there. I'm not asking you to do this. I'm just requesting you. As jais mother. Please Srishti"

Sristi felt bad. She knew she was hurting them. She didn't mean to do it. But she just wished someone to understand all the pain she had inside.

Seeing her quiet again. Kumari left the room. She had no hope that srishti would come down. But sadly she didn't had any option either.

It was evening and the whole mansion was lighted up. The living room was filled with guests. Kumari handled all the guests. Jais family welcomed everyone inside. The kids ran around. Playing their own games. The maids served drinks and sweets to everyone who had come.

"Shruthi...it's almost time. Where's jai and Sristi?"Shalini questioned. Making shruthi twist her lips.

"I'll go check peddamma. Dont worry"shruthi said and dashed upstairs.

She walked inside. Jais room. To find him busy doing something in his MacBook. He was dressed in his casuals.

"Are you kidding me?Annaya. Everyone is waiting for you downstairs. What the hell are you doing here? And you're not dressed yet?"shruthi glared at him. Keeping her hands on hip.

He looked up at her and sighed. Closing his MacBook.

"Shruthi I'm just...I donno"

"You can't do this. This is an important function. Everyone is waiting for you downstairs. Get ready please"she grabbed his hands.

"It doesn't make any sense shru. This marriage isn't real. If we both were happy. Doing it. It might have been an important function. But now....i don't know"he trailed off. She sighed and sat next to him.

"Annaya. You did this for a reason. And why are you not considering this as a real marriage. Once srishti gets to know the truth. She will understand everything. Then you both can decide. If you have to work on this marriage or not. Already she's your wife annaya. She's your legal wife. It's not gonna change. But if you keep running away from each other. This is never gonna end up for good"shruthi said. Holding his hand.

He nodded. Hoping that someday he could actually make it happen.

"Is Srishti there?"he asked and she shook her head. Leaving him disappointed.

"Amma had talked to her. I hope she'll come. But we can't force her right? Atleast you have to be there now. I'll check on sristi after sometime"she said. He nodded.

"Good. Now go. Get dressed"she said. Pushing him inside the dressing room.

After some time. Jai came downstairs along with shruthi. His relatives huddled around him. Congratulating him. He tried his best to put up a smile on his face. He very well knew how to cover up his emotions. His eyes desparately searching for Srishti. But knowing that she wasn't there. Made him feel heavy.

Kumari walked to him and held his hand. He smiled and nodded.

"Come. It's almost time"she said.

"Ma....but what about srishti?"he asked.

"She....."

Jai looked around. As everyone looked upto the stairs and gasped. The guests broke into 'awes'. The sound of her anklet. Reaching his ears. A fresh wave of air hit his face. His lips curved into a smile. Realising that she finally decided to come in front of him.

Gulping down from his throat. His heart ached to look at her. But there was something which pulled him back.

"Look at her jai. She's so beautiful"kumari whispered. He took a deep breath. And turned back. His eyes catching her standing figure. His lips flexed into a wide smile. As he saw her

He was seeing her after so many days. As she never comes out of the room. One or two times. He had tried talking to her as well. But she kept pushing him away. But seeing her now. Left him relieved and happy.

She looked breathtaking. Simple. Yet elegant. But he saw her trying hard to put on a smile. Which wasn't real. He diverted his eyes away from her. Shruthi walked towards srishti. And brought her down. The kids rushed towards srishti. Making her smile.

Jai and srishti were taken to the stage. Put up in a corner. Kumari made them sit together. Both of them. Didn't spare each other a glance. They looked everywhere. But not each other.

A small pooja was did. Before the function began. Both of them joined their palms and prayed. With kumkumam touched to their foreheads.

A little later. Srishti saw her parents walking inside the room. Her eyes shined seeing them after so many days. But she also reminded herself. That they left her here. Without giving her any explanation. She was deeply hurt.

Bhoomi ran to her sister and hugged her tightly. As soon as she saw her. Sristi hugged her back tightly. With tears brimming in her eyes.

"I missed you so much akka"

"I missed you more. Little devil"srishti smiled. Breaking the hug. Making bhoomi pout.

"I have a surprise for you"bhoomi said. Making srishti squint her eyes.

Bhoomi looked back. Srishti followed her eyes. At the person standing in front of her. Her eyes widened in surprise. Her brother. Vishwank

"Anna?"she exclaimed in happiness. After a long time. She smiled of happiness.

"Hey"Vishwank smiled at her. Srishti got up and ran into his arms. He hugged her back. Caressing her hairs.

"When...did..you come?"she asked. Her voice shivered. In happiness.

"Why?You didn't expect me here?"he asked and she slapped his shoulders. He chuckled.

"I wouldn't miss my little sisters wedding. To anything in this world. So I took a quick flight and came back yesterday"he said. Making her sigh

"Anna...I..."her throat tightened to speak. There was a lot to tell him. He sensed her uneasiness and held her hand.

"It's okay srishti. Bhoomi told me everything"he said. Srishti looked up at him. With tearful eyes.

"It's all for your good. I hope you understand that.  And you are getting married to a person. Whom you always admired. Your superstar"he said.

"He's not the same to me anymore"she whispered painfully.

Before he could say anything. Bhoomi dragged. Jai towards them. Vishwank and Sristi looked at him.

"Hi sir. I'm srishtis elder brother"viswank proceeded for a handshake. Jai smiled and shook hands with him.

"Hello. Nice to meet you viswank"jai said. He looked at srishti. Who was not meeting upto his eyes. Vishwank and jai got involved in a conversation.

Srishtis parents were heartbroken. She was not even looking at them for once. Radhika tried to talk to her. But srishti kept slipping away. Sensing that she still needs time. They didn't bother her anymore.

The ceremony began soon. Jai and srishti was dragged back to the stage again. Kumari stepped forward and slowly applied the turmeric paste over. Srishtis cheeks. She gave her a faint smile. Radhika stepped ahead and did the same. On jai. He politely smiled back to her. One by one. Everyone stepped forward to apply the paste over the bride and groom to be.

Jai smiled as his grandmother. Blessed both of them. Shruthi emptied one whole bowl of turmeric paste on jais face. Making everyone laugh. He glared at her and dragged her towards him. Smearing half of it on her face. Srishti smiled slowly. Seeing them.

Preyansh and Radhika smeared the paste over srishti. With tearful eyes. Srishti tried hard. Not to break in front of them. Viswank applied the paste on her feets and cheeks. Making her smile. And bhoomi applied a whole lot of them in her nose. Jai smiled seeing srishti. As she pouted at bhoomi.

Shruthi and bhoomi took over the dance stage. Everyone eyed them with smiles. As they danced their hearts out. The kids joined them too. With their uncoordinated dance. Everyone laughed at the two little ones.

As the function ended. The bride and groom was asked to take a mangalasnanam.

Srishti bid bye to bhoomi and viswank. Before she left. She looked at her parents. Who were waiting for her goodbye.

"Take care of them bhoomi"she said. Bhoomi sighed and nodded at her.

Srishti quietly walked away. Leaving them in tears.

"Don't worry ma. Give her some time. It's gonna be fine"viswank consoled. His parents. They bid bye to jais family. And exited the venue.

After her auspicious bath. Kumari sent srishti back to her room to take rest. Knowing that she needed rest. As she neared the room. Jai walked in between. Startling her.

"Hi...I'm sorry I scared you"he said.

She lowered her head and looked at the ground.

"How are you doing srishti? I didn't get one proper chance to talk to you. You know. After everything. But I just....."

"I have to take rest"she said. Interrupting him.

"Oh sure. I just wanted to talk to you about..."

"Please leave me alone"she said. And quietly walked inside the room. Locking it behind. Tears rolled down her eyes. As she leaned back to the door and sat on the floor. Hugging her knees.

Jai kept standing on the other side. Sighing. He touched the door with his palm. And walked away from there with a heavy heart.
.
.
Finally it was their wedding day. Their big day. Kumari, Krishna and shruthi was very much in charge. Harsh, jais cousin. Along with his wife Priya. Flew down from abroad to attend the marriage. The kids couldn't handle their excitement of their favorite uncle getting married. And also to have their parents back. Ganesh was handling. Jais projects and shoots which was pushed back due to his wedding. The whole family was happy and excited. Except jai and srishti themselves.

Biggest designers. And make up artists were assigned for srishti. Bhoomi came early in the morning. To help srishti. Her presence had made srishti. Feel lighter. She was already suffocated with people around her all the time. Treating her like a princess.

Srishti still couldn't believe that it was happening. She was getting married to her superstar. She sat in front of the mirror. Staring at her pale reflection. She only had one question in her mind.

Why?

Clad in a red ethnic saree with minimal jewels. And accessories. She was looking elegant. That no one could take eyes off from her.

Jai on the other side. Felt his head burning. He was on huge guilt. He felt like running away from everything. But he couldn't. His face was blank. His heart was thumping badly. But seeing the smile on his mother's face. Made him forget everything 

"Raju?"kumari walked inside the dressing room. Jai looked at her. She walked upto him and held his shoulder. He sighed seeing her tears.

"Maa...you're seriously crying?"he asked.

"It's just...tears of happiness. I only had dreams about this day. Finally it's coming true. My Raju is getting married"she said. He smiled. And held her hand.

"How is srishti doing ma?"he asked.

"Jai....you need to relax. You've promised her that you'll let her know everything after marriage. She's gonna understand. Once you talk to her. So please relax. And try to be happy. And trust me when I say this. You are never ever gonna regret this decision in your life. Srishti is the one for you"she said.

He sighed. Knowing that his mother was only talking of emotion. But he just wished to end this. As quickly as possible. So that he could talk to her. And clear all the misunderstandings.

Once his mother walked out. He looked at himself in the mirror.

"Come on jai. You are an actor. You can deal with this. You'll talk to srishti soon and everything will be right again. You got this"he said to himself. And ran his fingers through his hairs.

No press or media was allowed inside the wedding venue. As it was only a simple wedding with only few people. Close relatives. And some friends. The media and channels were huddling outside the premises.

Jai walked outside. Towards the mandapam. Harsh, his cousin walked besides him. He saw everyone looking up at him. With wide smiles. He smiled back and joined his palms. Welcoming the guests. And got seated. Performing the starting ritual.

A little later. He heard everyone whispering. It was the brides entry. His heart started pounding. He was not supposed to look at her. As per the traditions. A curtain opposed him to get a view of her. To prevent bride and groom from looking at each other.

Shruthi, bhoomi, Priya and some of jais relatives. Accompanied srishti to the mandapam. Jai tapped his fingers nervously. Never ever he thought that. He will end up getting married like this. In a way he never imagined.

Srishti joined her palms. Welcoming the guests. And sat opposite to him. She couldn't see him. And she just wished not to see him again. And everything will end like a nightmare. But it was happening for real.

Preyansh stepped forward. For kanyadanam. To giveway his daughter. As he kept Srishtis palm. Above jais. He clasped her cold palm. Promising to himself that he will never hurt her. Srishtis eyes filled with tears. Watching her father. She knew deep inside he wasn't happy. That he was forcing his daughter to do something she didn't wanted. But there was nothing else left for him to do.

The priest recited the chantings. Asking the couple to place a paste made from cumin seeds and jaggery on each other’s head. As they did. The veil between them is removed.

As her fragrance hit him. He looked up and their eyes met. Both of them froze. Looking at each other. She looked heavenly. He just couldn't pull his eyes away from her. He always knew. That she was beautiful. But today she is different. She is the most beautiful woman in this world. She is his bride.

Sristi blinked hard. Looking at him. He never looked this handsome to her. He was in front of her. As her groom. The smile he was wearing. Was worth everything for. Srishti recalled the days. Where she used to see him in big screen. As her superstar. Her eyes filled with tears. His smile faded. As soon as he saw her tears.

Both came back to sense. As Jai was asked to change into a dhoti. Before the actual wedding rituals began. He walked back to the room and sighed holding the table. For support.

"What I'm I doing? I can't do this to srishti. She will hate me for this forever. I'm I seriously marrying a girl against her will? A girl who barely knows me?"he closed his eyes shut.

"But what if.....you are capable of loving her someday? What if she forgives you someday? What if you give her everything...that she will not regret marrying you?"he asked himself. He felt like a big conflict. Going on between his mind and heart.

After changing. He returned to the mandapam. And sat besides srishti. She had a straight face. There was no happiness inside her. But only blankness. They joined their palms. Looking at the sacred fire in front of them.

Preyansh stepped forward. Handing over the wedding chain to jai. He looked at it for few seconds. Then he got up. And tied the wedding chain around srishtis neck. Everyone showered them with flowers. With tears in their eyes. Jai tied two knots. He drew a breath. Finally tying the last knot. Which now marked her. As his wife.

He filled her hairline with vermilion. Sristi closed her eyes. Letting her tears run down.

As the couple was handed over with the rice mixture. To pour into each others head like a shower. Jais cousins, shruthi and bhoomi cheered for them. They completed the ritual. Exchanging garlands. Srishti paused for few seconds. Before putting the garland. Around his neck. Jai sighed. Knowing how she felt. So he avoided her gaze. As much as possible.

Shruthi stepped forward. Tying the end of srishtis saree with jais scarf end. Jai crossed his little finger with hers and took seven rounds. Around the sacred fire. They both were asked to take vows. He vowed not to make her go through any misery. And to be with her whenever she needs him. As her friend. While she vowed that she can never fall in love with him. Until she finds herself in a position to do so. Srishti still believed that she was nothing but. A mere middle class girl. Who got trapped up. In a superstars house. And her life is being sacrificed. Without any explanations.

And the end of the ritual. Jai kneeled down. Taking her feet into his palm gently. As he slided over the toe ring. Into her finger.

He looked up. Meeting her eyes again. As she looked at him blankly.

"I'm sorry"his mind said.

"I will never forgive you for this"her mind said.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Precap : Jai attempts to talk to srishti, sristis deniel

Had to literally dig up the whole Wikipedia for the marriage rituals. Hope it was worth it :)

♡ Nila ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647K 33.8K 105
Highest Rank: #25 in Fanfiction #31 in Romance WHEN MR.RUDE MEETS MS.LOVE He doesn't believe in Love and Marriage. He...
27.6K 1.3K 13
Please Read to know..
55.4K 2.3K 26
You love someone and that person loves you too but both are unaware of each other's feelings. Same is in the case of Prabhas and Anushka in this Fanf...
214K 10.1K 56
A simple love story of two childhood frnds, they depart from each other, and finally when they meet again... did they have their old feelings now...