Love never dies - Klaus Micha...

By 1mixedlady20

I could hear her heart race and her breath get heavy. When she looked up at me, I saw tears run down her red... More

Prologue: The year 1491
Chapter 1 Pilot
Chapter 2 The night of the Comet
Chapter 3 Late Night Bites
Chapter 4 Family Ties
Chapter 5 You're undead to me
Chapter 6 The Haunted
Chapter 7: 162 Candles
Chapter 8 History Repeating
Chapter 10 Unpleasentville
Chapter 11 Fool me once
Chapter 12 Miss Mystic Falls
Chapter 13 Isobel
Chapter 14 Founder's Day
Chapter 15 The return
Chapter 16 Masquerade
Chapter 17 Rose
Chapter 18 The Sacrifice
Chapter 19 By the light of the full moon.
Chapter 20 Daddy Issues
Chapter 21 Know thy Enemy
Chapter 22 The Last Dance
Chapter 23 Klaus
Chapter 24 The last day
Chapter 25 The sun also rises
Chapter 26: As I lay dying
Chapter 27: The birthday
Chapter 28 The hybrid
Chapter 29 The end of the affair
Chapter 30 Disturbing Behavior
Chapter 31 The reckoning
Chapter 32 Smells like Teen Spirit
Chapter 33 Original People
Chapter 34 Homecoming
Chapter 35 The new deal
Chapter 36 Our Town
Chapter 37 Bringing out the Dead
Chapter 38 Dangerous Liaisons
Chapter 39 All my children
Chapter 40 Break on through
Chapter 41 Heart of darkness
Chapter 42 Do not go gentle
Chapter 43 Before sunset
Chapter 44 The departed.
Chapter 45 Growing Pains
Chapter 46 Memorial
Chapter 47 The Rager
Chapter 48 The Five
Chapter 49 The Killer
Chapter 50: We all go a little mad sometimes
Chapter 51: My brother's keeper
Chapter 52 We'll always have Bourbon Street
Chapter 53 O Come, All Ye Faithful
Chapter 54 After School Special
Chapter 55 Catch me if you can
Chapter 56 A view to kill.
Chapter 57 Into the wild
Chapter 58 Down the rabbit hole
Chapter 59 Stand by me
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 60 Bring it on
Chapter 61 American Gothic
Chapter 62 Pictures of you
Book 2

Chapter 9 The Turning Point

3.2K 99 0
By 1mixedlady20

" Hey, D." I looked over to my door to find Jeremy.

I smiled at him as I pulled out my outfit for the day. "Hey what?"

"Do you have any chalk I could borrow?"

"Yea, sure." I went over to my art supplies and got out a box of old black chalk. "Here, you can keep it." I handed it to him.

"Thanks." He took it and left the room. I was happy he was drawing again. I put on my outfit for the day and made my way downstairs with Elena behind me. She talked to Jenna for a bit but I ignore her. I don't want to talk to her. I checked my phone as they walked out of the house. I heard a car horn go off and I went outside and saw Bonnie waiting for me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag and went out. I got in the car and she drove off. When the car stopped at school, I got out and walked in the building.

"Is something up with Dawn? She barly said two words in the car." I heard Bonnie ask Elena.

"I may have yelled at her the other day."

"What? Why did you do that?"

"She kept trying to show me her drawings and it was just after that whole Emily thing at the house. So I snapped."

"Well, maybe she really wanted to show us something." Bonnie tried to reason. I didn't really hear the rest because I saw Tyler.

"Hey." I said to him.

"Hey." He was looking over at Caroline and Matt. "Did you know that was a thing?" He pointed at them.

"No, I didn't. It must be new." I turned to him. "But I heard from a little birdy that something of yours is going to be in the career fair tonight."

"How did you know?" He wrapped an arm around me.

"I asked." We walked off to our class. "I can't wait to see it. I bet its good."

"Really? Well I bet it will be bad." He said with a smile. I laughed and took a seat next to him as class was about to start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 My phone kept ringing as the school ended. I finally picked it up. "What do you want, Damon?"

"I need a favor." He said through the phone. "I need help tracking a vampire. You can go with Caroline."

"Damon, again, stay away from Caroline." I rolled my eyes.

"She found him. I will let her go in and meet him."

I sighed. "Fine, come pick me up."

"Already there." I turned and saw he was behind me. "Let's go." We walked off-campus. The next thing I knew we were at this factory outside of town. He said a few things to Caroline before she smiled at him and left.

"You seriously need to leave her alone," I said as I walked up the steps.

"Yeah, tell me something I don't know." He said as he opened the door. "Stay behind me." I nodded and we walked in the building. He made sure that I was behind him the whole time. He turned right and started to explore. Then I heard gunshots and I yelled out. I saw Damon fall to the ground. I crouched down next to him. Logan came out of the shadows and stalked towards us.

"I have tons of these wooden bullets so nothing funky." He said as I started to help Damon with the bullets. Logan's head tilted to the side as he saw me. "What are you doing here, Miss Gilbert?" I tried to get up but Damon wrapped his arm around me to keep me from running away.

"You don't want to do this." I heard another gunshot and another bullet went into Damon's arm. He groaned out.

"That is what you get." Logan taunted.

"For what?" I started to help Damon pull out the bullets.

"You did this to me."

"No, I didn't. I killed you. I didn't turn you." Damon pulled out the bullets that were in his legs.

"I know what you and your brother are. I have been watching you. I knew you would come here, and I am glad you did because I have questions." Logan then looked at me. "But at the time I didn't know you would bring her. So I guess more fun for me." I inhaled deeply and threw the bullets in my hands on the ground.

"Who turned you?" Damon asked. His breathing getting heavy.

"I don't know. The last thing I remember is I am about to stake your brother. Then you grab me. The next thing I know I wake up in a hole on highway 9." Logan explains as he circles around us.

Damon is still pulling out bullets from his legs because I hear him say ow every few minutes. "Yeah, that will happen."

"You bit me. It must have been you." Logan leans down next to me.

"You have to have vampire blood in your system when you die. Someone must have given it to you." Damon leaned towards Logan and he backs away from me.

"Who?"

"That is what I want to know." Damon leaned over on me and I kept him up a bit.

"It's not like I rented the handbook about this. It has been a learn as you go process. You know one minute, I am a small town newsman, and the next, I can't get into my house because my foot won't go through the door."

"You have to be invited in," I said.

"I know. I live alone. I was going to ask Jenna to move in with me, but now I can't." He explained as he waved the gun around.  "All I have been thinking about is blood and killing. I can't stop killing. And I like it. I'm conflicted." 

"Welcome to the club." Then he thought of something. "Wait, cops only found one body."

"I was tired. But I have been hiding the rest. They are just back there." He pointed and we looked to see a pile of about 10 bodies in the back. Oh, my god. I placed my hand on Damon's shoulder and rubbed it.

 "How are you doing?" Damon asked me after a bit.

I sighed, "I will be better when we get out of here." I leaned my head on his right shoulder.

"Why am I so emotional?" Logan asked from where he was sitting next to the cage of bodies. "All I am thinking about is Jenna. I want to be with her and bite her and stuff." I tensed up as he mentioned Jenna. 

"You might love her," Damon answered.

"What about walking in the sun? I am a morning person." Logan said as he looked at Damon. I glanced down at Damon's ring. "It's not in the journals."

"Journals?" I asked as I lifted my head.

"The journals that have been passed down through the founding families." He brushed that off. "Come on, tell me. How do you walk in the sun?"

"Who turned you?"

"How do you walk in the sun?"

"Who turned you?"

I saw Logan getting upset. "I have been really nice up until now. Now tell me how do you walk in the sun." He got up off the ground pointing the gun and Damon.

"You will never know if you kill me." Damon stood up off the ground. "You're not answering my question."

"You first." They sound like little children who want the same toy. "I have things to do, people to kill. But it seems I am going to need a head start." Logan then shot Damon again. Damon fell to the floor next to me moaning in pain. I sat next to him trying to help him with the bullets. After we got the bullets out, Damon took me to his house and up to his room so he could change his shirt. My flannel top had blood all over it so I just took it off. He was on the phone with Stefan for a moment.

"Well, I will be right there." I got up to follow him but then he turned around and stopped me. "No, you are not coming with."

"I think it is a little late for that. I was there when you were shot." I said and I pointed to his chest.

"Yes, I know that was a dumb move but are not going with me."

"Fine then I will walk myself. But I am going, Damon." I stepped around him.

"No, please Dawn. Just go home and I will call you and let you know what happens."

"Damon. This is not up for debate." I grabbed my bag and left the room.

"Actually, it is." Then all I see is black.

I woke up in my bed with Jenna knocking on my door. I got up and went to open it. I was rubbing my head as I looked at her. "Hey, I didn't see you at the career thing. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just have a headache," I said to her as I leaned on the door frame.

"Well, Tyler was looking for you all night. You might want to call him."

"Okay, thanks, Jenna." I closed my door and looked around my room. Damon Salvatore, you ass. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 354 33
Second Instalment of The Queen Series. Sequel to WARRIOR QUEEN. At last, Machae found her long-lost partner in crime, Kol Mikaelson, ended her decade...
20.7K 549 20
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Caroline grew up with the Mikaelsons, when they were human. Caroline and Rebekah a...
224K 6K 43
-CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING!- Renesmee had a twin that everyone loved. but she was more human and they had to give her up. Renesmee loved her sister- in...
51K 1.6K 12
*Soulmate AU* "I know this isn't the most ideal situation and that none of you expected to have to share me..." Taylor starts hesitantly. "...and I k...