SALEM แตˆ แตแตƒหกแถ แต’สธ

By cherrymalfoys

โ you're like a mystery just waiting to be solved. โž in which ๐ฆ๐š๐ซ๐ ๐จ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž... More

๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฏ๐–†๐–Ž๐–‘๐–ž ๐•ป๐–—๐–”๐–•๐–๐–Š๐–™
- o. ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ, ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ?
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ. nineteen ninety-five
i. Operation: Rescue Harry 101
ii. Screaming Contest
iii. The Art of Eavesdropping
iv. September First
v. The Woman in Pink
vi. Accidents Happen
vii. The Dreaded Defense Lesson
viii. The Meeting in Hog's Head
ix. Unexpected Company
x. Mythbusters
xi. Dumbledore's Army
xii. A Fight, a Book, and a Dream
xiii. Unnatural Phenomena
xiv. Flowers and Pendants
xv. News Bearer
xvi. Caught
xvii. Detention
xix. Fred and George Weasley
xx. What the F*ck
xxi. When Plans Go Wrong
xxii. The Department of Mysteries
xxiii. Propchecies and Death Eaters
xxiv. The Brightest of Stars
xxv. The End is Just Beginning
๐„๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ.
๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฏ๐–†๐–Ž๐–‘๐–ž ๐•ป๐–—๐–”๐–•๐–๐–Š๐–™
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ. nineteen ninety-six
i. Sweet Sixteen
ii. Veela Alert
iii. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
iv. The Slug Club
v. Liquid Luck
vi. Worst Hogsmeade Trip Ever
vii. Therapy Sessions
viii. Quidditch Victories and Romantic Let-Downs
ix. A Helping Hand
x. Slughorn's Party
xi. A Christmas Surprise
xii. A Change of Heart
xiii. The Three D's
xiv. Sweet Night
xv. Under the Stars
xvi. The Fox and Girl Talks
xvii. The Love Aroma
xviii. Unfortunate Birthdays
xix. Confrontations
xx. Sectumsempra
xxi. First and Last Time
xxii. Unfair
๐„๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ.
๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฏ๐–†๐–Ž๐–‘๐–ž ๐•ป๐–—๐–”๐–•๐–๐–Š๐–™
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ. nineteen ninety-seven
i. Operation: Rescue Harry 101, The Sequel
ii. Party Crasher
iii. Dumbledore's Will
iv. Wedding Crashers
v. Ministry Infiltrations
vi. Failures
vii. The Splitting of Ways
viii. The Christmas Miracle
ix. The Sword in The Lake
x. Not-So-Great Reunion
xi. The Hallows
xii. The Snatchers and the Snatched
xiii. Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
xiv. Shell Cottage (Again)
xv. We Plan a Heist
xvi. Dragon
xvii. Welcome Home
xviii. The Reunion I've Been Waiting For
xix. Shit Goes Down
xx. The Room of Hidden Things
xxi. Inferno
xxii. An Uphill Battle
xxiii. Sacrifice
xxiv. Revolution
xxv. Peace
xxvi. An Ending Well Deserved
๐€๐ ๐„๐๐ˆ๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„. two-thousand and seventeen
๐„๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ.
๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด,
๐„๐—๐“๐‘๐€๐’.
( ๐ข )
( ๐ข๐ข )
( ๐ข๐ข๐ข )

xviii. Stinging Confusion

6.9K 265 109
By cherrymalfoys

.

ONCE the adrenaline wears off, everything starts to hurt.

I found myself arriving at the Astronomy Tower, my chest felt like it was burning up inside and my legs were stretched and pulled in all the wrong places. I didn't want to go back to the Common Room yet, not when Ernie and Ruby were probably waiting to find out where I had gone to.

I just needed some time alone for myself. Funny how that's all I've been needing nowadays.

The tower looked different in the afternoon. Even without the stars, the setting sun and the glittering lake was already a view.

I collapsed near the terrace and tried to regain my breath, swallowing whatever saliva I could produce to lubricate my dried-up throat.

Without the distraction of my heartbeat, the stinging on my hand was intensified now. It balanced between a scale of bearable pain all the way to what feels like rubbing alcohol in an open wound.

The whole time I'd been cradling my scarred hand to my chest, not once daring to look at it. This was the only time I had to assess it properly.

Gingerly, I placed my left hand on my lap, swallowing back a sob when I saw its state. The writing was still bright red, running diagonally from my wrist all the way to my knuckles. Small beads of blood dotted around the open skin, some even streaking down. The entire area was so red and pink it was hard to remember what my actual skin color looked like.

I couldn't even find any surface on my left hand that wasn't as pure as before. The healing scars from the knife cut I got was still there.

I bit my lip to prevent myself from crying out loud, only letting a few tears slip down as I stared at it again.

I must not provoke others.

That's definitely going to leave a mark; a constant reminder of Umbridge's teachings and cruel punishments.

A shuffle of footsteps and a call of my name drew my attention from my hand to the landing of the stairs.

"Lovett?"

Draco stood there, watching me with knitted eyebrows and purses lips. His hands were tucked into his pockets.

I inhaled sharply, my stomach dropping heights when I realized it was him. I furiously wiped my face with my uninjured hand, stood up and turned my back to him.

"What do you want?" I tried to say, wincing when my voice cracked towards the end.

The sound of footsteps came closer and I had to refrain myself from rolling my eyes.

Once he was five feet away from me, he scoffed. "Obviously to hang around here, Lovett. I need some time alone, so if you could just leave—"

I gave a cry of anguish. I know, dramatic, but I figured it was the best way to express how I truly felt at the moment.

"UGH! For once in your life can't you just leave me alone!" I screamed at him, gesturing towards the staircase wildly, not realizing what an impact it would do.

I felt the same familiar tugging sensation from that night in Grimmauld Place.

As soon as I pointed to the stairs, one of the telescopes that were in the far corners of the room flew towards the railing and crashed against, the broken remains now lying on the ground. I yelped and immediately retracted my hand back, staring horrified at what just happened.

"Bloody hell!" Draco yelped in surprise.

I stared frozen at the spot, my fingertips, my spine, my everything suddenly growing cold. Flashes of the vase and that night infected my mind again like a plague. I roughly shook my head to get rid of it.

"I—I have to go," I said stammered and hurriedly walked away from him.

Panic was starting to seep into my bones. There was just no way that would've been me, it was not possible, even if a part of me felt so strongly that it was.

"Wait!"

Before I could even take more than three steps, he grabbed at my left hand and I yelped in pain.

I whipped back to see Draco staring at me in confusion. I tried to yank it away from him but his grip only got tighter, making me whimper as I felt him pressing on the scar.

"Let go," I said, gritting my teeth.

He didn't listen. Slowly, he turned my hand and faced my palm down, the view of what Umbridge did displayed to him as clear as day.

Draco's eyes widened in surprise, which then turned to horror. He shot me a fleeting look before looking down at my hand again.

"W—what happened to you?"

I huffed and tried to tug my hand away again. "Let go of my hand, Draco."

"What happened?" He repeated again, this time looking firmly into my eyes.

I yelled in frustration and shot him a murderous glare.

"Why are you even asking me that?" I asked impatiently, shooting a cautious look at the fallen telescope. If I don't leave this place as quick as possible, I might just go insane with anxiousness.

"Where did you get this, Lovett?" He asked firmly.

I looked at him pleadingly. "I don't have time for this."

"Why can't you just tell me—"

"Because it was Umbridge, alright!" I yelled angrily, yanking my hand away when he was distracted. "I had detention with Umbridge, remember?"

Draco paled. He looked at my hand then back up to my face, opening his mouth repeatedly as if to look for the right words. "You mean. . .she. . .?"

I swallowed thickly and shielded my face away from his gaze, glaring down at the broken telescope.

"Lovett. . .I didn't know. . ."

"Well, it's too late now isn't it?" I laughed humorously and fixated my glare on him. "Why do you even care, huh? You're the one who sent me there, right—part of the Inquisitorial Squad and all."

He clenched his jaw and looked away.

I scoffed and shook my head slightly. "I know an apology is overdue," I spoke, my voice cracking, "but I'm sorry. What I said earlier after Potions, I didn't mean it."

When he didn't say anything, I took that as my cue to leave.

"I have to go," I said lowly, turning my back to him once again as I hurried down the stairs and finally ran away from the Astronomy Tower.

THE view from the Black Lake looked even more beautiful than up at the Astronomy Tower.

I didn't go to the Common Room yet after I ditched the tower, instead I spent the rest of the day here, sitting under the shade of a big willow tree and watched as the sky turn blue.

I didn't know why I didn't think of coming to this spot before, seeing as the Astronomy Tower always seemed to be occupied by Draco.

I sighed, tugging on the tufts of grass as I thought about what just happened a few hours ago.

It happened again and this time I knew that it was me for sure. It was just that feeling where you know. The familiarity of it all was uncanny, like how you know where all the utensils are placed in your house or the back of your hand.

Last time, it was only my parents and I who witnessed it. But Draco. . .

I knew for a fact that if he didn't see my injured hand he would've asked me about what happened. I thought about what would happen if that were the case. I'd probably tell him that it was something absurd and maybe he'll believe it (or not), we are wizards, after all.

I groaned freely and put my head in my hands. The pressure of hiding this was starting to get to me, it didn't help that my parents had promised me I wouldn't tell anyone.

My head shot up. Of course, I could tell my parents! Then I hesitated, what would they say? Mum was going to be especially worried, more so than usual. Even my dad, who usually lets me handle my problems myself, was bound to freak out too.

Worrying them was the last thing I wanted to do, they have enough problems on their hands already. But then again I knew I didn't have much of a choice, I have to tell them before things get worse.

I couldn't help but think about Genevieve. So many people after her because of her powers when she escaped her trial, I wondered how she managed to survive as a witch during her era.

Suddenly, two hands covered my eyes. I yelped but instantly relaxed when I inhaled the familiar scent of gunpowder and Dungbombs.

I sighed. "Who did you two prank this time?"

They removed their hands from my eyes, my vision clearing to see Fred and George leaning against the tree trunk on either of my side.

George grinned mischievously, then looked down at his wristwatch. "That's something you're going to find out in. . .three. . .two. . .one."

Like clockwork, a loud bang erupted at the nearest entrance of the school, followed by a bunch of screaming students who looked like they were being followed by some dark brown smoke.

Fred laughed and high-fived his twin.

I giggled as I watched them, a smile immediately growing on my lips.

"Dungbomb fireworks?" I asked. "That's probably the best thing I've ever seen."

"I'm glad you think so, little Margo," Fred said and ruffled my hair.

I smiled at the two of them before looking away to watch the wind make ripples across the Black Lake.

"What's wrong, Mar?" George said softly. "Lee told us that he bumped into you earlier, said that you were running out of Umbridge's office."

I swallowed down the growing lump in my throat, absentmindedly hiding my left hand in the folds of my robes.

"I just had detention with Umbridge, that's all," I said quietly.

"We know what she does, Mar," says Fred knowingly. "Particularly nasty work, those Blood Quills of hers. They should be banned."

I let out sound that was a mix of a sob and a laugh, holding my hand out for them to see. I refused to look at them in the face, knowing that if I see how much concern they showed would only make me cry again.

George gently clasped his hand to mine, careful to avoid the scar. Fred allowed me to lean my head on his shoulder and wrapped his arm around mine.

I was thankful that they didn't ask me what the writing meant or why I had to do detention with Umbridge in the first place.

The three of us just sitting here and enjoying each other's presence without having to talk made me feel so much better than before.

"I don't know how you two can make me so annoyed one minute, then calm the next," I said.

"It's our special talent, you see," Fred said cheekily.

"Yeah, pranks aren't the only thing we're good at," said George.

I smiled widely and engulfed them in a group hug.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"You never thank family, little Margo," Fred said and stood up, offering his hand to me. "Come on, don't want to miss dinner now."

I took his hand and stood up, brushing away the grass from my robes, I glanced at the Black Lake one last time before I walked in between the two of them.

I didn't realize how much time passed by already. When we arrived at entrance of the Great Hall. Inside, the tables were already filled with food and students.

From the corner of my eye, I spotted Draco walking down the staircase. I looked away before we could make eye contact.

"Margo!"

I turned at the call of my voice and saw Ron, Harry, and Hermione jog towards my way.

I turned back to face Fred and George. "I'll be okay. I'll see you two later." They both smiled at me and took that as their cue to leave, then I turned to the other Gryffindors.

"Hey, you called?" I asked them.

"What happened?" Ron said immediately. "Lee told us that he saw you crying and running away from Umbridge's office."

I blinked. "Merlin," I said, "how many people did Lee tell?"

"Nevermind that," Harry said, gingerly taking my uninjured hand and leading me away from the entrance and towards an empty corridor. Ron and Hermione followed in suit.

"What happened, Margo?" Hermione pressed in concern. "Is it the same as Harry's?"

Sighing, I held out my hand again for them to read and see. Hermione gasped.

"'I must not provoke others'?" She questioned. "What happened?"

"I'd rather not talk about it," I said timidly.

"Margo. . ."

"Please, Hermione," I pleaded then looked at each of them. "I really don't want to talk about it."

Sighing, I sat down on the nearest ledge overlooking the courtyard. The three of them didn't hesitate to join me.

"Are you okay, Mar?" Ron asked, crouching in front of me, trying to search my face for answers.

"Just stings a bit," I said. "But it's nothing I can't handle."

"Are you sure?" Hermione fussed, her brown eyes filled with concern.

I smiled weakly. "I'm sure."

"You can still go to Madame Pomfrey—"

"No, no, I have a potion for this, it's okay," I said quickly. "Really, Hermione, I'm okay."

"You should tell your parents," said Ron, placing a comforting hand on my knee. "They have to know about this."

I contemplated on the thought. Even if I tell my parents what can they do? They can't even report to the Ministry because Umbridge is the Ministry, unless Fudge didn't know about her torturous methods at all. Either way, who would Fudge listen to anyways? It's always going to be Umbridge. The thought made me clench my jaw.

Besides, telling my parents about this would only add another weight on their backs; another burden to carry. They already have enough on their backs with my curse, plus if I added what happened earlier today they were bound to reach their tipping point.

"Margo?" said Harry. 

I was snapped out of my reverie. I wasn't even aware that I was staring blankly at the wall but I did remember something crucial.

"There's something I need to tell you guys," I said seriously.

Instantly, the three of them straightened, looking at me with more concern and curiosity.

"What is it?" said Hermione.

I took a deep breath and told them. I started from the very beginning, the first time I heard my parents talk about it. I told them how I asked my parents and what they told me, the dreams I've been having and Genevieve's story, even if I felt it wasn't necessary.

The only thing I left out was that uncanny incident.

When I finished, Hermione had her hand on her mouth, Harry's jaw was on the floor and Ron looked more concern than he'd ever been.

"Margo, are—are you sure?" Hermione stuttered, hand still on her mouth in shock.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"What are you gonna do?" Ron asked after a solid minute of silence.

I shrugged. "Right now I can't do anything until my parents tell me, I guess."

"Are you still having those dreams?" Harry asked.

I shook my head. "I haven't had once since the night we found out about Mr. Weasley."

"Do you think it's like Harry's?" Hermione piped up, the gears in her brain already coming up with theories and possibilities.

"Like visions?" Ron quirked an eyebrow.

"I don't think so." I frowned. "Why would I be having visions about someone I don't know?"

We sat in silence once more, watching the way the moon cast silvery lights on the corridor floor, colliding with the warm orange glow of the torches.

"We should head back," Hermione announced. "Don't want to miss dinner."

From the way my stomach was aching hungrily I didn't protest. I stood and walked back to the Great Hall, letting the sleeved of my robes cover my left hand.

After bidding the Gryffindors a farewell, I made my way to the Hufflepuff table. In our usual seats, I spotted Ernie and Ruby scanning the room, no doubt looking for me.

When Ernie's eyes landed my way, he nudged Ruby and quickly beckoned me over.

From the looks on their faces I could tell that they didn't know I had been in detention but were still worried about where I've been the rest of the afternoon.

I inhaled shakily and approached them, careful not to let my face betray my real emotions.

"Hey," I greeted as I sat down, immediately taking a helping of beef stew and rice.

"Where have you been?" Ruby asked sharply. "We were waiting in the Common Room but you didn't show up."

"I'm sorry," I sighed, "I kind of got in the middle of something."

I tried not to meet their eyes, knowing that if I did I would probably tear up. In doing so, I was just blindly moving my hands around. I hadn't realized the sleeve of my robes displayed my scar-covered hand to them.

Ernie inhaled sharply. "Margo, what happened!" he hissed.

I stopped eating, slowly meeting their concerned and horrified eyes. When I saw Ruby's eyes flicker towards my hand, my heart sank down to my stomach.

"I'll tell you guys later," I mumbled, pulling my sleeve down.

"Margo—"

"Later, please," I whispered, a desperate tone taking a hold of my voice.

Thankfully they didn't ask me anymore questions, but I knew as soon as we arrived at the Common Room they would start firing.

I softly sighed in relief and went back to eating my food.

.

[P.S]
i'm back!!! writing the whole scene with the twins was so much fun i love them sm <333
— author

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 6.6K 67
Anna Potter is starting her fifth year alongside her brother after an eventful fourth year. She goes to the astronomy tower once more. Only this tim...
83K 4.2K 36
they say home is where the heart is, but god, I love the english. [ harry potter x original character ] [ book one in the american glory faded before...
2.5M 78.9K 187
In which the marauders generation watch Athena Potters life and see the dangers of which awaits them. Where friends becomes enemies and enemies becom...
248K 9.5K 74
"There's nothing to risk." "To ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ is to ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ด." Draco Malfoy x Reader FanFiction (6 + 7 year, Lightening Era) All characters belong to: J.K...