Reunited

由 haneenrizwan

[COMPLETED] Have you ever seen Disney's Tangled? If you have, do you know about how Repunzel isn't supposed... 更多

Reunited
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 (Part One)
Chapter 32 (Part Two)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilouge

Chapter 18

3K 99 21
由 haneenrizwan

Ellie's POV:

Brianna sat on her porch stairs, holding her face in her hands. I could tell she didn't know what to say.

After Brianna demanded that we tell her the situation right here right now, she took a seat on the porch of her house and listened to us without a single question.

When we were done explaining, she put her face in her hands and sighed.

"I can't believe this." She mumbled.

"Why not? You knew they were horrible people, you knew what they did to Ellie, why can't you believe that they would go this far? And especially when it comes to money?" Jake said.

I was sitting beside Brianna on the porch while I explained everything to her. Aidan, Jake and David were standing or leaning against the railing with their arms crossed.

Yes David is still with us.

He only spoke when it came to law or business. So when the case was brought up he was the one who explained it to her.

Brianna looked up at me with an apologetic expression. "I'm sorry Ellie. I was angry and upset. I didn't think of a rational thought about why you would want to do this to my mother."

Mrs. Lee was taken to the hospital before all this happened. Brianna didn't go with her because she wanted to know what happened.

I smiled at Brianna. "It's fine. I don't blame you."

Suddenly, David clapped his hands. "Well, Brianna now that you know everything, do you think you'll be able to testify in court?"

Brianna suddenly looked uncomfortable. "Um... I don't... I don't know." She looked towards me.

I know why.

Brianna is antisocial. She doesn't like to be in crowded placed for long. And she doesn't exactly enjoy the attention of so many people on her waiting for her to speak.

If she were to testify in court, she'd probably faint.

"I don't think so." I said. Everyone's eyes turned to look at me.

"Why?" Aidan asked.

"Bri is antisocial. She can't talk in front of a crowd people." I replied.

Aidan made an 'o' shape with his mouth. Then he sighed. "What are we going to do now? Mrs. Lee is not in the position to testify. Brianna can't do it. What do we do?"

"We get evidence of course." I said.

Aidan looked at me. "But how?"

In response I smiled at him. "By giving them what they want."

Aidan's POV:

"I don't condone this." I said.

"Why not? It's a great idea." Ellie said back shoving a shirt in her bag. She went to put another one when I snatched it from her.

"But you get hurt in the process. I don't approve of it."

She snatched her shirt back and shoved it in before I could stop her.

It was night time right now. Everyone in the house was sleeping.

Everyone except me and Ellie. She was packing her bag and I was trying to stop her from doing so.

Her plan was to go back. Gather evidence and leave the place again for good. She also told me about the possibility of not being able to escape as easily as last time.

They probably have done some renovations in the house so that she can't get out again.

"It happened before, Aidan. I'm used to it. Beside we don't have any other option than this one."

"And I'm not comfortable with you getting hurt. Besides what happens when you don't get out in time? What if you get caught?"

"Well, the first thing they'd probably do is make me accept Mr. Trevino as my fiance. No way I'm going to do that. That'll rile them up and I might get something out of them. Once I have everything I need, I leave. It's that simple. Besides I will only be gone for a couple hours."

She spoke so calmly that you might think she was talking about the weather. I was surprised by her behavior.

"A couple hours of pure torture. Think it like this, after you go back, they might try to inflict some sort of punishment on you for defying their rules. We have no idea what they have in store for you." I tried to argue.

Ellie paused from her work and looked up at the ceiling, like she was in thought. "Did I ever mentioned that me passing out from severe blood loss is the worst kind of punishment they could ever inflict upon me?"

I groaned. "Ellie! Why are you so calm about this?"

"Because as I said, I'm used to it. And they won't do anything of such. They would have to make sure that nothing happens to me before I meet Mr. Trevino again."

"Do you have any idea how crazy you sound right now?"

"You'd be the same if you were in my position." She said then sighed. "Look Aidan. I know you're worried about me but I have to do this. We have to prove them to be unfit and the only way to do that is to gather evidence. I'm going to get it."

"Isn't your sketchbook enough for that?"

"Who believes a sketch Aidan? I could be a ungrateful brat for all they know."

I reached in her drawer and pulled out the sketchbook. I flipped it open to the drawing of two people laughing like maniacs with knives in their hands.

"Is this what an ungrateful brat would draw?" Then I flipped it open to another drawing. "Or this?"

"Aidan stop it. It's not enough. We need real proof." She said putting emphasis on the words 'real proof'.

I sighed. I looked down at my hands for a minute then looked back at her saying, "You won't back out would you?"

"No. Not when I have a chance to get rid of them for good." She had determination written all over her face as she said that.

I was still reluctant when I agreed to her plan. She smiled. "Good. Now give me the camera and tell me how to use it."

I retrieved the camera that I had put on her bed. "Are you really sure about this?" I asked again hoping she'd change her mind.

But I forgot we're twins. Stubbornness runs in our blood.

At least that's what I heard from mom.

Next thing I know, she's walking out the front door quietly so as to not wake anyone up.

A car was standing in the driveway. The door of the car opened and stepped out Blake.

"Are you crazy? What has gotten into your head? Were you on drugs when you DMed me or is this actually serious?" He started to asked questions.

"Relax Blake. Just take me back to my old house and let me take it from there. But be alert. You might want to get me out of there sooner than expected." Ellie said calmly. A little too calmly.

She went over and sat I the passenger side of the car, throwing her bag in the back.

Blake turned to me. "How is she so calm about this? Forget that! How did you agree to it?"

"Do I look like I want to do this? I'd die before I let her back in that house. But she won't back out of her decision so I had to agree." I defended myself.

Blake sighed. "So this is it huh? She goes there, gets what she wants and comes back here?"

I nod. "Yeah. And you are her driver so drive safely." I pointed my finger in his chest.

"You got it." He said and walked back to his car.

I just hope everything goes fine.

I have never been this guilty for being wrong.

Third person's POV:

"What do you mean she just left?" The voice on the other side of the phone asked.

"I mean she left to collect evidence." Steve said.

He had seen and heard Aidan and Ellie's conversation about Ellie's plan.

Now, he has just finished explaining it to them.

It wasn't a wise choice to end it with, 'Ah. And now she just left'.

"But why? What happened to asking her tutor?" Another voice asked.

"The tutor was almost murdered today. Her daughter said it was John Henderson who was behind it."

"Then why not report him?"

"Because they don't have solid evidence."

On their other side of the line, the man leaned back in the couch and rubbed his forehead.

"Why did you let Ellie leave? Do you not know what can happen? After everything you've told us it's very likely that they have something in store for her." He said.

"It's worth the risk. I know I sound like a bad person but once Ellie gets the evidence, she's free forever." Steve said.

He looked at his wife, the expression on her face told him everything he wanted to know about what she was feeling.

"I don't know... Don't you have any better ideas?" He asked.

"Buddy, in case you have forgotten, Ellie is Aidan's sister. A twin at that." Steve countered.

"And that matters because?" The man's wife asked.

"You tell me. Did Andrew ever listen to his parents in his teenage years?" He asked back.

She thought about it. "No."

"Exactly. Aidan's never listened to me. Would Ellie do that?"

"She might. She's respectful towards elders." The man countered.

Steve laughed. "What makes you think that she hasn't changed? I've seen her. She's changing for good."

The man smiled a little. "That's something nice to hear in weeks." He said.

The sound of a door creaking open reached their ears. Both of them looked back to see Isabelle peaking her head out of the crack.

"I'm tired." She said.

"Alright. Steve we have to go but call us tomorrow alright?" The man asked.

"Sure thing, brother. You know I always do." Steve said and hung up.

The man and his wife looked towards their four year old. "Okay princess. Let's get you to bed." He said.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

139K 4.3K 37
Hello, this story is not good. It was written by a depressed young tween who didn't understand what an abusive relationship is. I'm only keeping it u...
1.5K 61 22
Ingrid has been the schools in-betweener, She is bad and good. Since she was born she lost her parents because her dad ran away and her mom gave Ingr...
293K 6.5K 27
COMPLETED 5.14.18 SEQUEL TO MY BROTHERS BEST FRIEND Book 2/4 of the Adam's series - "I promise, I will ask you soon enough." He kisses my lips gentl...
3.6M 127K 43
*WARNING: RATED MATURE DUE TO LANGUAGE/SEXUAL CONTENT. READERS MUST BE 17+* *CANNOT be read without reading prior novels in series* Asher Pryce hides...