Shot Through The Heart (Sho...

נכתב על ידי isabellaburhart

"Even if the stars burn out and our world is falling around us, this is me promising I'll never leave you. (Y... עוד

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 55

1.6K 62 40
נכתב על ידי isabellaburhart

"This is the story of becoming a hero the hard way." -Unknown

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Viva La Vida by Coldplay (this cover though)

----------

The next afternoon, the agency. Kaito's POV

     Nachika opened the door and I suddenly stood up. Did she have news from (Y/N)? Was she okay? Was she even alive? I hadn't slept at all last night. The agency had shut down our cell signal for a time because of the security breech, in other words, because of (Y/N)'s escape. There was no way to contact her, so Nachika and I had spent all night worrying.

     "She's safe." 

     That was all I needed to hear. I felt like I was able to breathe again, like I'd been holding my breath the entire time. "She's free then . . ."

     Nachika's eyes became misty. "For now. I feel like it won't be long until they find out where she is."

     "She's with Shoto?" I assumed.

     "Yes, she's at the school with him."

     It's fine, she's safe, I told myself.  They've got quirks over there that no one has seen before. She can be protected.  Yet I still felt a pain in my chest, a greater ache like I'd been experiencing a lot lately.

     My mind began to drift.

----------

*flashback to ten years ago*

     The foster care home I lived at was alive at this time of night.  It was just after dinner and kids were running around, mostly the younger ones trying to escape being bullied by the older ones. I was five, quiet, and did my best to stay out of it all. Occasionally, I would get beaten up by the teenagers for not sharing my food or doing other things, but at this point I was over it. I was young, but all I wanted was to leave this place, or even die. 

     I sat there at the corner of the steps, partly in the shadows while hugging myself  tightly. I watched as all the other kids ran around screaming and crying.  Eventually I started sobbing, a normal occurrence, the tears leaving my large, sad eyes in streams.

     I was so caught up with myself that I didn't realize a little girl crouched in the corner of the living room, also crying.  I had never seen her before, and she looked about my age. She was tiny, with long, silky (H/C) hair and she was wearing a white dress.

     My small self crept down the stairs and walked to her.  

    "Hey," I said.

     The little girl looked up. She had enormous (E/C) eyes, and one of them was surrounded by a dark bruise. She must have been hit by one of the older boys. "Hi," she peeped.

     I sat beside her. "What happened to your eye?" 

     She sniffled and wiped her tears away. "One of the big boys punched me because I wouldn't take off my clothes. He pushed me down the stairs afterwards." She revealed to me the additional bruises on her arms and legs.

    "You should tell on him," I suggested, knowing that even if she did, it wouldn't make a difference. The adults here couldn't care less about what went on in this place.

     The girl shook her head. "No. I would get in trouble."

     "How?"

      "Because then he would tell on me. I bit his ear off."

      My eyes went big. It was then that I noticed there really was blood dripping from her mouth. How in the world did she manage that? I was now a little scared, but I stayed next to her.

     She started crying again. "I'm a bad girl," she sobbed.

     "No, you're not! You stood up for yourself. You're really tough." 

      "I am?" She looked at me up and down. She studied my face, probably realizing I had been crying too.

       Suddenly she crawled to me and hugged me, tight. She caught me off guard.

      Not knowing what to do, I hugged her back. It felt good. I had never been embraced before, and my small self didn't want to let go.

      "Please don't be sad," she said.

       When she said that, it was hard for me to not cry all over again. I hated this place, and I had finally found someone that hated it just as much as me.

     "What's your name?" I asked, still holding on.

     "(Y/N)."  

     "I'm Kaito."

*end of flashback*

----------

     I lay in bed that night, thinking about the days when we were young. We had been friends for so long, I knew that we would never become more.  I knew I had become the brother she looked up to, the one she sought protection from. I was her best friend.

     But for me? I fell in love with (Y/N) shortly after we were brought to the agency. She inspired me, she was determined and independent, clever and caring, and the most stunning girl I'd ever known.  I loved her, but I kept it a secret because I knew she would never feel the same.

     It was easier at the time, since no one else had her.  I could live with not having her if no one else did, but that was before Shoto.  I couldn't let her know that I wasn't fond of him, especially because I had no reason to not be. He was everything she needed, and he could give her more than I ever could.  Nevertheless, I was jealous to the point that my own heart was breaking, silently.

     I was pulled from my thoughts by the sound of Nachika's voice. 

      "Kaito? You're still awake?" 

       "Yes. But so are you."

        "I was going to sneak into Riku's room. But I want to make sure you're okay."

        "Oh, I'm okay," I lied, sitting up. "I just miss (Y/N). Not that I'm unhappy she found freedom, but . . . you know."

     "I don't believe you."  Nachika sat down at the end of my bed.  "What's the matter?"

      I shrugged. I didn't want to tell her the truth.  Something in me found it embarrassing, and also not worth it.  What good would it do if I told Nachika? It wouldn't change anything.

       "Don't worry about me."

       Nachika accepted that answer. She said nothing, but got up and left. 

     I lay back down, wondering. What was it about me that made (Y/N) never want me? Should I have told her how I felt? As I thought about it, I couldn't remember a time that I felt I had the opportunity. Perhaps it was never meant to be.

     I tried to sleep, but failed. I kept thinking about how she was probably in Shoto's arms right now, and how jealous I was of him. I allowed myself to feel sad for a bit, since accepting it was better than denying it.

     ----------

*flashback to ten years ago*

       (Y/N) squeezed my hand tightly as we sat together in the back of the van. The two of us had just been selected from the foster care home to be assassins at the agency. We were on our way there for the first time.

     "What's going to happen to us?" (Y/N) asked.

     "We're gonna learn to fight. They called us the strongest and smartest kids from the home." I tried to comfort her, but I had no idea what was happening either. All I knew is that if I showed courage, she would be less afraid too.

     "I'm scared," she admitted. "I feel like I'll hate it. I feel like I'll want to die."

     I wrapped my arms around her. "I'm going to protect you. I'll keep you safe."

     She looked up at me with her large, sad eyes. "And I'll keep you strong."

     It was another half hour before we arrived. But presently, the car stopped and we were ordered to unload.

     In the midst of all the suitcases being brought and all the adults giving orders, (Y/N) and I stuck together. We were inseparable ever since we met at the home, but now even more so. All we had in this big, terrifying world was each other.

     "Kaito?"

     "Yeah?"

     "You're my very best friend. Don't ever leave me."

     "I won't!"

     (Y/N) was shaking with fear as we approached to great menacing doors of the agency, our new home. "Do you promise?"

     "I promise."

*end of flashback*

----------

     My phone buzzed, jerking me from my thoughts.  It was (Y/N).

     Hey, sorry if you're asleep. Just wanted to let you know that I'm safe :)

     I responded back, saying that I was awake and that I was glad she was okay. She replied:

     I don't know when, but I'm coming back for you and Nachika and Riku. I'm gonna save you.

     I was unsure what to say. I didn't respond.

     She double texted a minute later:

     Are you still there?

     Are you okay?

     I felt miserable but I wasn't going to let her know that. There was only one question I wanted to ask.

     Are you happy?

     She must have been confused, because it took a while for her to respond. 

     Yes and I feel free.  Shoto's my hero and I feel safe with him.

     I felt a tear break loose from my eye. I felt selfish feeling sorry for myself, when I should be happy that my best friend had finally found love and escaped the agency. Instead here I was, wallowing in self pity and wishing that I was in Shoto's place.  However, I was never going to tell her.

     I'm so happy for you :)

  ----------

Hey guys! Sorry for the sudden hiatus. I started college which has kept me busy and also I've been dealing with unmotivation, even to do things that I like :(  Hope you all are well and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I will be posting more content shortly <3

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

216 5 30
[Read Hide First] [Second book x Second Anime Season] ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ ✅english isn't my first language, so I invite you to correct me if you notice mist...
1.1M 29.9K 19
(Y/n) has the same quirk as Todoroki's right side. She works at the hospital as a part-time job and meets Todoroki Rei, his mom. How will Todoroki re...
11.7K 286 28
"Somehow I can trust him..." "My heart began to beat fastly, but at the same time it ached pretty bad." "I did it so I could protect them!" "I will...
157K 3.5K 60
Y/N L/N has a pretty powerful quirk and a dream to become a hero just like her older brother. She enters U.A ready to face anything but can she face...