One Night In No Man's Land

By kiara_vr

One night. One night alone in the place better known as No Man's Land. The place beyond the walls where dange... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV

X

16.4K 542 40
By kiara_vr

Revion sat at the head of the table during the meeting with the council. He had missed them dearly and was glad they had returned so soon.

At the same time he felt his mind wandering off to his mate. The disappointment and hurt she showed when he declined staying with her. It hurt him to see her looking so sad but he had duties. She had to understand that.

He was not a normal common wolf or even a normal Alpha. He was a King. He had a kingdom to run. She may have been his Queen but she would have to understand that. He needed to secure his territory especially if he wanted to keep her safe. He had to be powerful to protect her to the best of his ability. He was descended from a line of powerful kings. He would attract attention from the power hungry who would first target his mate.

She was what they called an Omega. She could not shift and she would be unable to defend herself. The world he lived in was dangerous and he wanted to make it as safe as possible for her.

He knew she was strong, the amount of injuries she had when they first met was a clear indication of that. A wolf with a stronger bloodline might not have been able to survive with those injuries and yet she still carried on. She was definitely strong despite how fragile she looked. However he was not going to let her get hurt again.

He wanted to protect her and give her the best life possible. He knew she did not come from the best life. She was young when her parents disappeared and could not even remember how they looked. She grew up in an orphanage. She was an outcast in the pack and was sometimes hurt by those around her, usually emotionally or in some other way. Whenever she told him about those things in her past he always felt upset. He wanted to give her the world and give her a new life with him.

"Revion?"

He lifted his head to see Henry from his council looking at him expectantly.

Revion sighed, "Please repeat that."

"I think our King is smitten with his mate," Chandler smirked.

Revion glared.

"Don't go off topic."

"You're just imagining her aren't you," Chandler continued to playfully tease and taunt.

"Shut up you dolt," Justin groaned hitting Chandler on the head.

Revion watched as the two fought.

Chandler was like a yapping puppy and Justin always would give him a hit or a slap to try and make him silent. The two had barely separated during the time the King had been asleep. They were like brothers, always fighting and arguing but still always sticking together.

"Don't hit me!"

"You deserved it," Justin muttered leaning back in his seat.

Revion wondered how the two had not killed each other during the period of about five hundred years.

"So the West Wind pack I believe may be a threat because they have had time to prepare. Sources say they are an incredibly strong warrior pack and will not be likely to flee or surrender," Justin said resuming the meeting.

"We do have much stronger and larger forces though. The Nightcry pack was also supposed to be strong," Revion reminded him.

"We are talking about a pack that for training exercises attacks other packs," Lauren reminded the council.

"Lady Lauren I am sure that such a violent pack would have few allies," Chandler said.

"Well if they have few allies then tell me why have they not been defeated. Packs would want to defend themselves against such a terrible nuisance however the West Wind pack is still thriving. They either have allies with a similar lack of moral values or they are strong enough on their own to counter any counter attacks," Lauren said narrowing her eyes at Chandler.

The meeting continued after that with the familiar arguing between the three who had the strangest relationship ever. Everyone else watched their childlike bickering in amusement whilst Revion just rubbed his head knowing the meeting would never end.

"Dismissed," Revion said when he could handle no more.

He left his mate to sit through the bickering of councilmen, bickering which ended with no logical conclusion.

He walked back to the room and was hit by the strong pungent odor of blood.

He tried to open the door but it was locked from the inside.

"Elise? Elise open up. Elise?"

His words echoed into the room and worry flooded him.

He pounded on the door until it came down, smashed and broken into pieces.

He saw a cloaked figure fleeing and as much as he wanted to pursue it he could not.

His eyes and concern was fixed on the girl lying on the ground. Her wrists and ankles were bound and her eyes were covered. There was material between her lips, gagging her and her nightdress was covered in splatters of blood.

He fell to his knees beside her and quickly ripped off the blindfold and took out the gag before gently untying her ropes.

"R-Revion."

His heart shook at the weak voice of his mate.

Her weak figure sat up and threw itself against him. Her small hands grabbed his shirt holding herself up against him whilst her head buried itself in it and her eyes watered.

"I'm sorry Regina," he whispered gently stroking her head.

He felt so weak and powerless as he watched her sob. He could have saved her if he had just not gone to that pointless meeting.

He got her a new dress from the closet and picked her up and carried her into the bathroom. He sat her on the counter and washed off her blood and removed her dress before bandaging her few wounds and putting the clean dress on her.

Her sobs did not stop and he picked her up again and carried her out of the room.

He could feel her form shaking against him and it was hurting him to see her so vulnerable.

He entered his room which was even bigger than hers.

He took her to the sofa and laid her on the couch before starting a fire in the fireplace.

He pulled a blanket over her and took out a packet of marshmallows and some sticks.

"I heard that you can roast these in the fire and they taste good," he said.

He watched as a small weak smile found it's way onto her lips as she saw the puffy pink and white marshmallows.

She nodded shyly.

"Want me to roast some for you?"

She nodded again.

"Y‐you don't have to though—"

"You seem to like them and I only want you to be happy my Queen."

She blushed before her face grew sad.

"Don't call me that I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't be your mate," she suddenly burst out sobbing.

"Elise what's wrong?"

"A-a queen should be strong but I'm not strong. I'm a weak Omega Revion. I can't defend myself. I nearly got kidnapped today. You deserve better," she sobbed.

"Don't say such things my little Regina. You're all I want. You're strong in your own right, despite how weak you seem you are resilient and able to survive it all. If anything you deserve better than me," he said kissing her forehead.

"Better than you? No one could be better than you. You saved my life multiple times. You always are so kind and caring. Is this because I nearly got kidnapped? It was my fault for being so weak and for opening the balcony doors for some fresh air," she said.

"Elise I am not the kind of man you think I am. Before I met you I was cruel and heartless, even at the beginning of our relationship at one point I kissed you just to drain your energy for power for myself. I conquer packs. I am a feared King—"

"But you love me. You treat me better than anyone has before. You're better than any other mate. I told you when I was a child how I was bullied but I didn't tell you everything they said. I grew up at the orphanage but I can't remember anything about my parents. My memory from before I was three is blurred I have never known what happened to my parents. I don't know if they abandoned me or died. I was just found on the border one day wandering aimlessly. At school when I was growing up they would tell me my parents didn't love me that they abandoned me. They told me no one would love me not even my mate. He would abandon me as well—"

"Elise I would never abandon you, I love you more than life itself," he said.

"I know. That's why I am so grateful for you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. You give me love, something I thought I would never have. You care for me. I am so weak and helpless and yet you always care for me," she said tears swelling in her eyes.

"What were we even talking about Elise?" He asked.

"I-I don't remember," she said softly with a small giggle.

"You're so cute and adorable. I love you so much," he sighed kissing her lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 52.5K 32
Book 3 of The Alpha Series! Cannot be read as a standalone book! Ayla Romanov is a hybrid just like her father. Struggling to control the beasts tha...
548K 15.5K 37
"What do you want now?" she said gritting her teeth as he got closer and closer by every second. "I want nothing else but you Angel..."he whispered...
275K 5.1K 51
Original and un-edited version of my first book "The Kings Luna" In all it's grammar errors and cheesy snd boring storyline . !!Disclaimer!! This bo...
3.7M 153K 56
Book 2 of The Alpha Series - Sequel to my first book, The Hybrid. Kaden's Luna cannot be read as a stand alone book! Kaden Reid is known as a rogue w...