The Nameless Avenger (MCU oc...

By Iamjusthere2vibe

Rose Knox, a seemingly emotionless girl who many kept their distance from. Her presence alone was enough to p... More

Chapter 1- Rose Knox
Chapter 2- S.H.I.E.L.D
Chapter 3- Who Are You
Chapter 4- Answers
Chapter 5- Escape
Chapter 6- Return
Chapter 7- Leaving
Chapter 8- Training Camp
Chapter 9- New School
Chapter 10- A "Normal" Life
Chapter 11- A New Plan
Chapter 13- A Break
Chapter 14- New Allies
Chapter 15- Vision
Chapter 16- Ultron [Part 1]
Chapter 17- Ultron [Part 2]
Chapter 18- Aftermath
Chapter 19- The Nameless Avenger
Chapter 20- Keep Me Hidden
Chapter 21- The Sokovia Accords
Chapter 22- The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 23- Division
Chapter 24- The Team Grows
Chapter 25- Civil War
Chapter 26- Welcome "Home"
Chapter 27- Promise Me You'll Escape
Chapter 28- Same Power, New Skill
Chapter 29- Recovering Takes Too Long
Chapter 30- Dead and Alive
Chapter 31- See You Around
Chapter 32- Wakanda
Chapter 33- New Name; New Life
Chapter 34- Rosetta Coleman
Chapter 35- Shadow and Spider-Man
Chapter 36- I Knew It, You're Spiderman
Chapter 37- First Party Ever, and I Hate It
Chapter 38- Join the Club, It'll Be Fun
Chapter 39- Dead? Not Yet
Chapter 40- Washington DC
Chapter 41- Glowing Feet
Chapter 42- The Dance
Chapter 43- A Walk At Night
Chapter 44- An Interesting Dream
Chapter 45- Masks Off
Chapter 46- Taken From the Blue Planet
Chapter 47- It's A Small Universe After All
Chapter 48- Oh Great, Another Threat to the Universe
Chapter 49- And Unto Dust Shalt Thou Return
Chapter 50- A Story in Video Form
Chapter 51- Back From the Dead
Chapter 52- Moving On
Chapter 53- Back Home
Chapter 54- Breakdown
Chapter 55- Come Back Stronger
Chapter 56-Returning to Work
Chapter 57- Time To Make A Name For Yourself
Chapter 58- Getting Ready For A Trip
Chapter 59- A New Threat
Chapter 60- Liar
DISCONTINUING

Chapter 12- Putting My Senses To Good Use

19.1K 571 169
By Iamjusthere2vibe

"Why did I do that?! What came over me?! Why was I concerned for people's safety?!" Rose asked herself in a panic as she tried to calm down.
Rose's body acted before she could think. She saw danger, and ran to it. Not only that, but now there was a new threat to the planet? Rose was lost in her thoughts, when something snapped her out of it.

Energy.

Rose could feel some sort of energy in the Earth. She kneeled down, placing her hand on the ground. The energy was similar to hers, but not the exact same. It was moving, and fast.
"It isn't close to me, I can tell it's over the Atlantic ocean. It has to be powerful for me to be able to sense it," Rose muttered.
Rose could feel the energy getting weaker and weaker, indicating it was getting farther from her.
"What could give off this much energy... that damn staff!" Rose realized standing up.
Rose knew it was the same energy from before. Tony Stark had used certain measures to keep the energy contained, so Rose couldn't detect it before. Rose debated going back to the Avengers, but it wasn't accurate enough to help. It was just "Crossing the Atlantic Ocean" and nothing more. Rose decided to ignore it, and go get some sleep. She found a place to sleep, pulled a blanket from her bag, and went to sleep.

———————————

"0625 what are you doing?! How did you escape your cell?! I command you to stand down! Stand down! Take one step closer and I will hurt you!"
"What could you do?"
"Hey! HEY! PUT THAT DOWN YOU HEAR ME!"
"Are you going to shoot me? Go ahead."
"What the hell?! The bullet didn't even slow you down! What kind of freak are you?!"
"I don't know, you made me."
"STAY BACK, THAT'S AN ORDER! ARE YOU DISOBEYING ME?! YOU WILL PAY FOR THA-."
"I'll what? Oh that's right, dead people can't talk."

Rose's eyes shot open. She sat up, and noticed her adrenaline was pumping. Rose took a few deep breaths, calming her body.
"It was just a nightmare," Rose mumbled.
Rose couldn't fall back asleep after that. She looked at her watch, it was 6am. Rose shoved the blanket into her backpack, and stood up. She stretched, trying to forget the "nightmare", denying that it was a real memory. Trying to convince herself it never happened, but she knew that nightmare was real. Rose shoved the memory deeper into her mind, and instead focused on this Ultron character. She felt the ground once more. The energy was faint, she wouldn't have noticed it if she was looking for it. Now there were 3 targets? One possessing much more power than the other two. The other two were moving much faster than the more powerful source. It felt like the speed of someone running.
"What the hell? The weaker energy signals are moving like people? Could people have been fused with the energy from the staff? Like me with the Tesseract?" Rose asked herself, mumbling.
Rose began to use all her knowledge to pinpoint the exact location of the energy, knowing she could help.

Rose sat trying to decide her next move. She stood up, and began to walk back to the Avengers Tower. She peaked in to see Tony and Bruce working in the lab, trying to track Ultron.
"Tony there is no way of knowing where he went."
"Jarvis run the scan again."
"I can help," Rose said stepping into the room.
They both turned to see Rose standing in their lab.
"How the hell did you get in here?" Tony asked.
"I've picked your locks before," Rose reminded him.
"Look we are working on tracking down an A.I that wants to destroy the Earth, how can you help?" Tony asked her croaking his arms.
"They're in Southern Africa," Rose said.
"How do you know that?" Bruce asked.
"And what do you mean they?" Tony asked.
"I can feel the energy from the staff. It has a similar energy to mine, so I can detect it. Based on how strong it is, I found they had to be in Southern Africa. I don't know where exactly, but it's better than nothing. The they comes from the fact that there are also 2 people who are carrying the same energy. Most likely experiments like me," Rose explained to them.
"Not bad kid, but we don't know anything about another 2 people," Tony told her.
"Tony, what about when we attacked that Hydra base? Those 2 people working with Hydra, the ones with the powers," Bruce said.
"If they were made with the scepter, it would make sense as to why they were right next to it," Tony mumbled to himself.
"You said Ultron needed a body right? Africa is home to many minerals and metals. It's also a good place to hide out," Rose added.
"Jarvis, run scans on Southern Africa. Search for any suspicious behavior centered around strong metals," Tony instructed.
"Yes sir, beginning the scan now," Jarvis said.

Within minutes they had something pop up. Rumors of someone selling Vibranium, and someone interested in buying all of it.
"That's what were looking for. The sightings, everything lines up. Tell the Avengers to suit up," Tony said walking out of the room.
Rose stood there, slightly swaying with her hands in her pockets.
"Well kid, what are you waiting for?!" Tony called.
"Hm?" Rose responded.
"You can track the scepter on the go. Suit up," Tony commanded.
Bruce looked like he was going to argue, but Tony left the room before he could do anything. Bruce left the lab, leaving Rose standing there.
"Guess I'm going," Rose told herself stepping into a closet.

Rose emerged from the closet in the Shield Uniform she ripped the logo off. She had a a belt around her waste that held bandages, her hair was up in a ponytail, a black mask on her face, and of course she had her sheath. She walked out to see everyone getting into a Quinjet, except this one was clearly meant for the Avengers. Apparently Shield had nearly crashed, and rumors had that it wasn't even alive anymore. Rose walked into the jet to see the rest of the Avengers around a table with a massive screen. Once Rose was in, the hatch closed. Tony was explaining what they knew. Rose stood in the corner listening, when Captain America noticed her.
"Tony why is she here?" He asked.
"She can track the scepter and those two people that attacked us at the Hydra base. You can track them, right?" Tony asked Rose.
"I need to make physical contact with the ground first," Rose said.
"Good enough," Tony added.
"Tony you never tell us anything. You don't tell us about Ultron, you studying the scepter, and now you drag a teenager into this?" Cap asked like he was talking to a small child.
"I don't want to bring her into the fight, I just want her to let us know when we are close," Tony said.
"And what will happen then?" Cap asked.
"She'll stay in here as we fight," Tony explained.
Rose watched as they bickered back and forth.
"Look I won't die, now you guys keep working on your plan," Rose interrupted with.
They both settled down, and agreed to keep working on the plan. Rose listened closely, even though she was supposed to stay in the plane. After they all agreed on this plan, they all began to prepare.
"Hey I'm sorry about Tony, he doesn't always think things through," Cap told Rose.
"It's not like I was doing anything anyways. I'm fine putting my senses to good use," Rose replied.
"I honestly don't like a kid being dragged into this," Cap admitted to Rose.
"What was all that about a Hydra base?" Rose asked changing the subject.
"I'm afraid I cannot tell you," Cap said.
"Can you at least tell me the country?" Rose asked.
"Sokovia," Cap told her.
"Sokovia Sokovia Sokovia..." Rose muttered.
After some silence, Rose looked back at Cap.
"A Hydra base in Sokovia? That's also where you got the Scepter. My guess is Baron Wolfgang von Strucker," Rose told him.
"How did you know that?" Cap asked.
"I've been through Sokovia before. Strucker is practically a legend there," Rose explained.
"Why were you in Sokovia?" Cap asked.
"Just passing through," Rose explained.
"You are hiding a lot from us huh?" Cap asked.
"A lot is an understatement," Rose said with a shrug.
"Alright, well where in the world did you get a Shield uniform. Well, the patch is gone..." Cap said.
"I've been busy," Rose said.

After that they landed on the ground. The plane's hatch opened up, and Rose was the first one out. She got down on one knee, and put her hand onto the grass. She closed her eyes, feeling the energy. It was much stronger, they were close.
"350 yards South. That's where the strongest energy source is, A.K.A the scepter. 360 yards Southeast I can feel two weaker energy signals. The two people are here," Rose told them opening her eyes.
Tony threw her an earpiece.
"Keep us updated on their positions, just press the button on the side and talk into it," Tony instructed.
"Are you sure we can leave you?" Cap asked.
"If something goes wrong, I'll tell you," Rose promised.

Everyone nodded, and headed in the directions Rose gave them. Rose found that the Avengers all had tracking devices on them. She could see their current positions on one of the screens in the Quinjet. She kept on the screen, while feeling the energy. This way she could tell how close the Avengers were.
"The scepter is on the move, 120 yards south of Stark," Rose said into her earpiece.
"Got it." A voice on the other side said.
Rose kept total concentration. Suddenly she felt one of the energy sources get much closer to her. Rose stood up and prepared for a fight. She touched her earpiece.
"One of them is close to me. Do not turn around to come back for me, I will alert you all if I need any help. In the mean time the other two energy sources have stopped moving," Rose said.
"If you need assistance, let us know immediately," Captain America's voice said.

Rose pulled out her knife, and took a defensive position. When the person tried to attack her from behind, Rose predicted it and dodged. She saw a woman with reddish hair and a red jacket.
"So you're the experiment?" Rose asked jumping into a nearby tree.
"Why are you helping Stark?" The woman asked.
"I'm bored," Rose replied hopping down.
Rose kept a good distance from the woman.
"That's all you live by? Whatever you want without thinking about the bigger picture?" The woman asked Rose.
"The bigger picture is I am slowly being turned into an Avenger," Rose stated.
"Is that what you want?" The woman asked.
"I don't know, but right now I want your corpse underneath my foot," Rose said gripping her knife tighter.
"You were like us weren't you? An experiment so someone could have more power?" The woman asked.
"So what if I'm I science experiment? My grandfather was, and he is a hero. I guess you could say it runs in the family," Rose said with a shrug.
"Is that all you want to be?" The woman asked.
"No," Rose replied.
"Then join us, we want a better world for innocent people like us," the woman said.
"First, what's your name?" Rose asked.
"Wanda," she replied.
Rose seemed to seriously question this offer. She knew it was wrong, but at the same time the Avengers were using her power just like those who created her did.
"Can you tell now? They aren't any better than us," Wanda said.
"Maybe not, but they sure as hell are trying," Rose sad.

Rose and Wanda began fighting. Wanda's hands had some red light coming from them. She held it over Rose's head, and Rose began to hallucinate. She looked around where she was. Rose was in her old testing room, strapped to a table. She couldn't move as the walls closed in on her. Rose was panicking, when she snapped out of it.
"This isn't real" Rose thought.
Rose snapped out of the hallucination, and attacked Wanda. Rose stabbed her in the arm with her knife, but Wanda still got away. Rose brought her hand to her earpiece once more.
"Watch it, the woman can make you hallucinate," Rose said wiping off her knife.
"We are in a bit of a pinch right now! Keep us updated on their positions!" Someone said.
Rose sat back in her usual spot, and got back to work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 6.6K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
139K 3.9K 25
(Avengers fan fiction) Life on the streets was always hard for Echo but adding superheros, spy's, gangs and stones from outer space really put the ch...
2.1K 69 20
(Y/N) King is a new student at Midtown High. She, like every teenager, has secrets. Except... most teenagers don't have secrets as deadly as hers. ...
73.7K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...