Finding Her Truth

By Rei-naa

Aura Calem, a woman who has had it all, from the beautiful looks to the rich husband. Her world has been fill... More

Re-writing ✨
Cast
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER THREE

35.3K 892 65
By Rei-naa

Aura shot up, beads of sweat trailing down her forehead

She gasped for air, hitting her hand against her chest violently.

"Mama" her son, Vin mumbled, his voice full of worry.

She smiled at him before letting out a long scratchy cough.

"Mama is good" she waved "just a nightmare"

He nodded slowly and wrapped his small arms around her, making her gasp.

Her son was definitely not a hugger. Sure they hugged often because of their mother and son relationship but he was much like his father, spending most of his time alone, isolated from everyone else.

He never talked to anyone at kindergarten, though he was only three years old he was smart enough to be in kindergarten .

"I'm not tired anymore mama," Vin said as he hugged his blanket.

Aura let out a sigh. He was most definitely worried about her.

"Sure I suppose it's not too early" she huffed a breath, glancing at her clock which read 7:05 seeing as kindergarten started at 8:30.

He smiled and helped her off the bed, immediately tugging at the corner ends.

She taught her son never to leave his bed untidy.

After they tidied their bed she supervised him as he brushed his teeth and took a bath.

He had insisted and nagged that he was old enough to be left alone in the bathroom but she didn't want him slipping and getting hurt.

He was her baby. She had no idea why he was in such a hurry to grow up. It wasn't all it cracked up to be.

Adults made mistakes, had terrible pasts, cheated on their spouses-

Aura knew the sudden appearance of her ex- husband brought up the insecure thoughts. Why did he have to pop up out of nowhere like an annoying zit.

Her pregnancy wasn't easy, especially since she was poor.

Things were horrible when she almost lost Vin because she was malnourished as well as dehydrated. She began to hate herself for being such a gold digger but she was desperate but that wasn't an excuse, not even close.

"Mama" Vin shook her out of her thoughts "I'm done"

She let out a grin and grabbed him by his armpits.

She placed him on the bare sink making him wince and mumble 'my butt is cold'. She laughed at her cheeky son.

She grabbed his sea blue towel with a small boat designed on it and dried him.

She dressed him in a plain white shirt, a grey jacket and olive green jeans with black all stars sneakers, covering his blond hair with a matching grey beanie.

Aura had no idea why her son had blond hair when both she and his father had brown hair but she concluded that he probably got it from his father's mom who is a blonde or her father who is also a blond.

"Why don't you play with your puzzle while I take my bath huh baby boy" she cooed, pecking his now rosy cheeks.

He liked to be mentally challenged so for now he relied on puzzle's but he was looking up crossword puzzles, seeing as he read the dictionary as a source of entertainment often.He nodded and grabbed his Mickey Mouse puzzle.

A smile grazed Aura's lips. She knew he would pick that one as Mickey Mouse was hands down his favourite show.

Aura stripped from her pyjamas and let them pool at her feet, leaving her in her oversized undies and bra.She had gained a lot of baby fat she couldn't quite lose over the years.

She was still adjusting to her slightly chubby body and hated the disgusting sneers and remarks she would get over her body weight.

She let her fingers trail over the stretch marks and scar.

She could never forget the day she thought she lost her angel.

As said earlier her pregnancy wasn't an easy one and she certainly had quite an amount of near death experiences with her unborn bundle of joy.

She got into the bathtub after brushing her teeth.

She never really had the luxury of staying in there for ten minutes or more as she would go paranoid that her child needed her.

After drying herself she settled on a white spaghetti strap shirt with oversized blue jeans and a knitted grey sweater.

She rushed to her son's room, barefoot to check up on him.

"Hey mama" Vin smiled, waving.

She smiled and waved, knowing how much Vin hated being babied but she was scared and an overprotective mama bear.

She rushed to the kitchen, Vin hot on her heels, not forgetting to bring his puzzle as well.

She sat him on one of the stools and placed his puzzle on the island so he could still fix it.

She cooked scrambled egg, bacon, toast with butter spread evenly on it and orange juice.They ate in silence.

Aura loved her son but she wished he would socialize more, play more and worry about her less.

___

"Yes, I'm absolutely sure" Axl said bitterly, his anger bubbling "Aura has a child"

"How old do you think the child is?" Maximilian asked making him roll his eyes.

"I don't know" he shrugged "I didn't see the kid but I know that's her child"

"You think he could be yours?" Maximilian questioned.

"No" he shook his head "God knows how many men she has been with"

Maximilian didn't say anything as he pursed his lips.

They were back at the restaurant where they met her.

Sure she cheated on him and was with him for his money he loved her and sadly that couldn't just go away.

His eyes lit up as soon as he landed on her.

Her outfit cupped her beautiful body and he wanted nothing more than to shield her away from the prying eyes of men.

"Goddamn I'm not ready to be a step- father" he blurted out, his cheeks pink.

"I thought you hated her?" Maximilian raised an eyebrow.

"I can't fucking help myself" he moaned " she intrigues me- motherfucking gold digger"

He wanted to hate her.

He needed to hate her but he couldn't.

Why? Because he loved her like the pathetic lovesick puppy he was.

___

"Hey Mrs. Tartal" Aura greeted the old librarian who smiled and pointed to where Vin usually sat, drawing or reading.

But something was different today. He was with a girl.

She had brown smooth skin, pitch black magnifying hair and curious sapphire blue eyes.She was beautiful, very beautiful.

Aura watched as they exchanged papers, reading what they scribbled.

A small smile took over her lips.

Her son was socializing - kind of -

"Hey Vinny" she waved at Vin who stopped writing to hug her.

The little girl examined Aura, soaking in every feature.

"How are you sweetie?" She asked the little girl who just blushed.

"She can't hear well mama" he explained, making her nod.

Aura grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a hey.

The little girl read eagerly and scribbled back.

"Say bye to your friend Vinny" Aura ruffled his hair.

He glared at his mama who was embarrassing him unknowingly and waved back to Eloise who waved happily.

They walked to her matte white Mercedes-Benz and drove off. 

Soon they were in bed when the doorbell rang.

"Who could it be?" She asked herself as she wrapped her red robe around her body.

She opened the door and gasped.

There, soaked from head to toe blood was her ex husband.

"Aura I need your help" he said as she stared at him wide eyed.

She half hoped the blood wasn't his

---

Hey everyone. I hope you liked the chapter. 

This is Vin by the way

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 720 48
In the seductive realm of the mega-rich, desire knows no bounds, and for multi-billionaire Aaron Valeron, there was only one thing he craved above al...
2.5K 559 103
#1 in quickbooks out of 3.37k (25/06/21) #3 in Ceoromance(4/06/22) #4 in Unexplained out of 737 (18/07/21) After six years apart, successful billiona...
5.5K 269 44
Five years ago, Tristian's wife left him, leaving behind their barely three-month-old twins. Taking care of the children fell on his parents' hands...
51 21 21
She epitomizes strength and resilience, an indomitable force within the ranks of one of the largest crime syndicates. Yet, beneath her hardened exter...