Through Nation's Eyes (Under...

By Indiscrowshed

Veneziano goes into the library of the World Meeting building in Germany. He finds a mysterious book with eve... More

Prologue
A Jerk Bastard.
Forest
Babies, Lots and Lots of Babies
Why Are You Here?
Yáadilá
An Old Enemy, And Lost Famliy Pt.1
An Old Enemy, And Lost Family Pt.2
Melting Pots
A Germanic Mess
Dine and Discuss
Deep Ties Pt-1
Deep Ties Pt-2
Deep Ties Pt-3
Italia?
Deep Ties Pt-4
Intermission
Vertical European Trial
Celtic Trial
Diagonal European Trial
Mediterranean Trial
East Asian Trial
Native American Trial
North American Trial
Back to the Program
Old Nightmare
Last Hours
Epilouge
Author's Note

Pineapples

3.6K 81 57
By Indiscrowshed

"Ve~ Well... I found this journal in the first place, so I guess I'll start." Veneziano says.

Germany nods before pushing the book over to where Veneziano is sitting. The Italian picks up the book and looks at the first entry.

"Okay. This first one is... China's."

Dear Diary
I hope Young-Soo Gangnam Styles off a cliff.

All of the nations burst into laughter. Definitely not the first thing they were expecting to hear, but they weren't complaining.

"What? Why?" South Korea shouts.

"I wrote this around 2012 or early 2013." China explains. "You would do the dance of that damn song around my house, like, five times a day!"

"I do not!" South Korea shouts.

"Not anymore..." Macau specifies, awkwardly.

South Korea huffs. "Alright, fine. I do that about once every other year now just to mess with China. But that's better than what I did do!"

"Fair enough." China says.

North Korea snorts in amusement at her twin's antics.

The rest of the nations finally stop laughing as Veneziano looks at the next listed entry.

"Ve~ This is Japan's." Said nation flinches at hearing his name read off. He clearly was not fully prepared for something of his to be read off already.

Dear Diary
I'm not "kawaii", I'm manly as fuck!

The nations laugh again as Japan slumps down in his chair, face bright red in embarrassment.

"I never expected anyone to read these, so I didn't feel the need to filter myself." Japan mutters in an attempt to defend himself.

"Kiku, no one's judging you. It's fine." America smiles, rubbing his friend's back.

Despite that fact that he was clearly embarrassed, he still seemed quite relieved.

"I'm so glad it wasn't one of the darker entries I've written down. I knew I should've joined Kuro in burning these. I wouldn't be in the situation if I had." Japan curses.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Jōmon laughs softly at the entry and his son's reaction to it. He felt bad that his son was embarrassed, but he couldn't deny it was amusing.

"I won't deny him of that, but he's still adorable." Jōmon smiles. Several of the other Ancients chuckle in agreement.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Once the laughter filling the room had finally died down again, Veneziano looked at the next entry. He begins snickering as the other nations look at him like a bunch of confused puppies, much to his amusement.
"This belongs to America."

Dear Diary
My country got Hawai'i with the help of a fruit company. A. Fruit. Company. Dole helped my government to get Hawai'i, because, pineapples. I really need to go and rethink my life now. (And also make sure Kalani isn't personally pissed at me.)

"Your country got Hawai'i through a fruit company?" England questions.

"Dude, even I don't understand." America says.

"Also, why are you surprised? Your country got mine through the British East India Company." India says. England seems to remember that and shrugs.

"Also; I'd like to add the fact that, despite the stereotypes, pineapples aren't actually native to Hawai'i. Dole just wanted it because the climate was good for growing pineapples, not because they were from there." America explains.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

"Cuz, I still don't understand how your son's country got my daughter through a damned fruit company." Polynesia deadpans.

"Heirani, I don't understand it either." Native North America says, calmly, looking at her cousin with a blank expression.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

"Wait, I'm still confused." Veneziano says.

"Okay, so basically; my country wanted to colonize everything, since they'd already Manifest Destinyd the fuck out of the actual continent, and went for Hawai'i since they were  relatively close by. Dole wanted to grow pineapples and Hawai'I had the right climate for that, so they helped the government. They staged a coup on the monarchy and overthrew Lili'uokalani, that last monarch of Hawai'i. With that, Dole got to grow all the motherfucking pineapples they wanted, and the government got Hawai'i. They became an official state alongside Alaska in 1959." America explains.

"That's a lot of information to digest..." Romano mutters.

"Also, England. Why are you surprised? His country was your responsibility. Of course his government turned out like that. It was made up of people from your empire." India points out.

England hits his forehead with his palm. Of course, that was obvious.

"Aand~ Artie's getting roasted again..." Scotland mutters in amusement.

Veneziano looks down to the next entry listed. "This is Germany's."

Dear Diary
I got into quite a bit of trouble again today and Prussia came and helped me. I'm glad he helped me, I'm just confused on how he has bird powers of all things.

"Because it's awesome, Luddy!" Prussia proclaims. Germany just shakes his head, but is clearly amused by his brother's antics.

"You have bird powers?!" China shouts.

"Ja!" Prussia smiles proudly. Gilbird flies over and rests on his head.

"I remember seeing that one time. It wasn't bad, it was just kind of a weird thing to witness." Hungary says.

"He is the 'King of Birds!" South Korea smiles.

"Gilbert is the Bird General!" North Mexico adds.

"Caw caw, bitch!" Prussia shouts.

Many of the nations chuckle at the seen before continuing on with the entries.

"This belongs to Miss Hungary."

Dear diary
I really miss the time Italy and I used to spend together. He really is like a son (or daughter) to me... and I really miss playing with him.

"Aww, I miss living with you too, Hungary!" Veneziano says, running over to hug his former mother figure.

She happily hugs him back. Many of the nations coo at the cute scene playing out in front of them.

Veneziano breaks the hug after a moment and goes back to the book.
"This belongs to Romano. Or... is about him I mean."

"Shit." Romano mutters to himself.

Belgium was Romano's first crush, though Belgium always treated Romano like a cute little brother. They're still friends to this day.

Romano flushes a bright red and slumps down in his seat. Belgium only laughs at him softly.

"Aw, I still love you like a little brother, Romano. But you were still adorable!" She says, happily.

"Are you still personally close nowadays?" Slovakia asks.

"Yes, we've been friends for quite a while now. He comes over to my house a lot." Belgium smiles. "I usually end up stuffing him full of waffles." She admits, awkwardly.

"Aww." Czechia coos. The other nations either share her reaction or laugh at Belgium's honesty.

"Aw, I actually remember that time period really well. It was always so cute~." Spain says.

"Shut up, bastardo." Romano mutters under his breath. His siblings only laugh at him.

"Hey, Germany. How many more do you want to do?" Veneziano asks.

"Um... We'll do two more and then go for a fifteen minute break." Germany says, looking at his watch.

"Okay, this is China's."

Dear Diary
Sometimes, I wonder if I should have shared my invention of gunpowder with the world. I wonder how many people I am responsible for ending the lives of.

The room became tense as all of the nations looked around at each other. They'd all been witness to recent wars and active shootings. Gunpowder was invented in China's country, so of course he felt guilty of how it had been utilized.

"Tell me, Yao..." Mongolia begins, "Did you pull the trigger?"

"W-What?" China asks.

"Answer the question, Yao. Did you pull the trigger?"

"...No..."

"If you didn't pull the trigger, then you're not responsible for the lives lost. You used gunpowder for things like fireworks. It was for something beautiful. You're not at fault for many people using it to cause harm, especially to others." Mongolia states.

"He's right." America says. "Just because people used it for horrible things, that doesn't mean you're at fault for their actions. Surely you didn't predict all the things that happen now, right?"

"Of course not!" China exclaims.

"Then you can't blame yourself for that. It wasn't inherently bad, people only found bad ways to use it." Japan says.

"Like we said; it hurt people, but also brought a lot of joy!" South Korea smiles.

China blushes. He chuckles as he looks down before looking back up at the other nations.

"Thank you, everyone."

"We'll do one more, then we can head for a break." England says.

"Alright. This one belongs to Prussia."

Dear Diary
I will never tell him this, but sometimes I go to bother Austria just so I can listen to him play piano.

Prussia blushes slightly. The entry did say he would never tell Austria, and now it's been revealed for the world to know.

"Wait, you really come bother me just for that?" Austria asks.

"Yes." Prussia admits.

"You know you don't have to annoy me, right? You could just ask to come over and listen. As long as you aren't too annoying, I can deal with it." Austria says.

"Really?" Prussia asks.

"Yes." Austria says.

"Thanks, Austria!" Prussia smiles, hugging him.

"What did I just say?!" Austria shouts, attempting to push him off, halfheartedly.

"Hey, can't Prussia also play several instruments, including piano? Maybe you two could get together at some point after we're done here and play together!" Centro says.

"Hey, that's a really good idea!" Prussia says.

"True, he is a very good musician..." Austria adds, looking down in contemplation.

"Well, I guess that's settled. We can take a break now. We'll meet back in this room in fifteen minutes!" Germany says.

The nations nod and quickly trickle out of the room to take a better look at the layout of the house.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Well, that's the end of the first chapter. I hope you liked it. If you have anything that you think would make this better, please tell me!

Also, Prussia's bird power thing isn't made up, it's kinda canon! Look-

Anyways, have a good day, I'll get another chapter out as soon as I can!

Translations:
Ja-German- Yes
Bastardo- Italian- Bastard

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 6.2K 37
It was a normal nation meeting. They held one annually at least 3 times a year. However, this meeting ended up turning the world on their heads. Thei...
6.4K 166 14
[OLD. NEW VERSION UNDER WAY.] One day, Alfred had mistakenly left his journal in the meeting room. He had left his stuff behind due to an emergency b...
50.8K 1.7K 65
You're one of Cadenzas guards, until some toe eyed cabbages show up claiming to be her friends. . "Laurance?!" I screamed, "What. The. Hell. What'...
81.7K 2.5K 44
WATTYS 2019 COMPLETED BOOK 1 *Tries to think cool quote from the book* 》"Yeah it really is beautiful" He said. "And now you are supposed to say some...