BTS' New Manager

By PurpleQueenie

(Y/N) had always been interested in travelling the world and now is BTS' only female manager. She has to give... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 21

8.6K 349 83
By PurpleQueenie

(Y/N) POV:
Outfit:

I grabbed a jacket as I left my room, dressed to head to the climbing centre with the boys. Trace, Vick and Will were already casually dressed but I knew from experience they always travelled with some workout clothes at hand, Vick less than the other two but still he decided to tag along. Yoongi oppa and Jiminie had already said that they weren't going to participate on the extreme trails, but I saw the competitive light enter Kookie as his eyes shone with the challenge.

Jin oppa drove us to the climbing centre at the heart of Seoul, it had a high fee, but it catered to celebrities or high-status figures and because of that could guarantee the security and privacy required by their clientele. I had scoped it out once when I was driving by but hadn't anyone to go with so didn't make use of my membership pass which allowed entrance to such facilities; they were all under one large managing company- that's why.

The boys were already waiting for us, dressed in shorts and t-shirts which did none but emphasise their muscular builds and tall statures. They really did make me feel tiny, but they claimed because their mum was tiny too, it just made me cuddlable- whatever that meant.

We quickly entered, I rushed forward to secure a private session for all of us and we were guided into a large indoor space where two young trainers stepped up to fit us into our harnesses and safety helmets. It was a third figure who stepped up to fit me into my harness, tightening it and making sure it was secure on my hips and between my legs as they tugged it experimentally. One tug had me nearly stumbling into the man, but I managed to regain my balance. They quickly slid their hands behind me as they double checked and secured the fastenings before stepping back and leaving the room. How odd...he wasn't one of the trainers I'd seen enter the room with us, huh must be extra help.

The trails were outlined in colours according to difficulty level, BTS stepped up to do a quick warm up and run through because they hadn't done it on a high level before, but the other boys and I stood on the side watching.

I hadn't realised I had been carefully watching the boys until I was nudged in my side.

"You've not lost the training and sharp instincts we honed." Vick said approvingly. He'd taken note of how her eyes were constantly scanning the environment and her body was tightly poised in a fight or flight stance. But the way her eyes slid across the room could easily be mistaken as mere curiosity, but he saw the gleam in her eyes and the way they narrowed when one of the members went out of sight as they climbed, or a foot slipped. She had been trained well indeed, he thought proudly looking down at her.

The loud appearance of the boys roused Vick from his train of thought, and he saw a small tilt of (Y/N)'s lips as they curved upwards; she'd picked up on his brief absentmindedness.

"Guys you were amazing!" I cheered as they came, noticing Hobi's face was slightly shocked and Tae's a bit pale because of the height from which they had had to jump after climbing. Kookie's eyes were gleaming with the rush of adrenaline he was experiencing and the high that came from a competitive sport. Yoongi oppa looked like he was half awake, but I could tell from the slightly wider than normal cat-stare he was displaying that he had enjoyed it. Namjoon oppa and Jinnie oppa were teasing and laughing whilst making supporting encouragements about each member. Jiminie looked like he'd enjoyed it too, his record was only mere seconds apart from Kookie's.

I slowly unzipped my jacket and dropped it to the side, I was wearing a white tight vest top underneath and form-fitted leggings. I knew from experience that wearing fitted clothing whilst doing sports helped prevent anything from being caught- especially when climbing. I pulled my hair up into a tight ponytail not wanting any loose strands when I was competing. This. Was. War.

Trace and Will stepped up, each bearing cocky smirks, but Vick also came forward and clapped his hands on my bared shoulders.

"Go get 'em tiger!" he cheered as he smugly grinned at his brothers, pure confidence dripping from his voice.

Kookie also stepped up, the daring maknae ready to take on the extreme course despite not being trained for it. Jin oppa looked like he wanted to drag Kookie away after he saw the outdoor course we stepped out for, and me with it but his mouth was clapped shut by a large hand. Namjoon oppa.

I closed my eyes, focusing on my breathing as I took in all the background noises. Part of climbing was being hypersensitive of your environment, aware of anything that could hinder your climb.

I shook my hands slightly as I opened my eyes narrowing my focus to envision the path I was going to take.

The trainer yelled out 'go' and off we went. I started taking the path I'd chosen, swinging my leg upward as I pulled myself up a few meters. I tightened my hands on the red-coloured grip, reaching out my other to pull myself slightly into Will's path. I zigzagged upwards cutting across Will's path who was forced to stop, with loud protests, as I cut across diagonally twisting my right leg up 100 degrees. I could feel the small beads of sweat at my forehead and on the back of my neck.

Another red-grip, I was slowly gaining momentum and I saw Trace heave his body up another few meters. He had strength and stamina on his hand, I had agility. He grew up spending time in the outdoors, I was trained. I examined his moves and saw he was playing it rather safe, only choosing to go within his set course largely. A grin stretched across my face; he wasn't going to win. Not today.

I silently changed my direction climbing towards Trace and just as he was about to reach out to put a hand on a grip, my foot landed firmly on it causing him to recoil and swear. He was forced to stop because there wasn't an alternative grip, he could use without having to go slightly down course before heading up again. His eyes and lips were set in a grim glare as I leisurely taunted him before speeding up the last few meters of the course.

Yes! I punched the air victoriously smiling down at his figure and Kookie's as I saw the members and Vick cheer loudly. Will had given up and swung himself downwards, shaking his head ruefully to himself. Kookie had done surprisingly really well because he wasn't too far behind Trace.

I sat on the top of the climbing mount stopping to take my breath before swinging downwards throwing Trace a triumphant smirk as I passed him, he huffed but grinned at me.

----

Unbeknown to the triumphant figure of (Y/N) who slowly lowered herself down was at that very moment the harness clipped through her legs and winded at the base of her back was slipping open. It had been purposely left so, the metal clip slightly damaged and open, not fully secure on the ropes holding her together and upright in the air. Whilst climbing there wasn't much pressure exerted on it but as she drifted down, her whole weight was being supported by the harness and because of that, the broken hook was slowly rubbing away at the rope, wearing it down to frays.

----

I was halfway down, having waved at Kookie as I descended, when suddenly one of the straps gave way jolting my body and causing me to dangle with two straps supporting her. I clenched myself, trying to focus on keeping herself steady, relying on the training I'd been through. I breathed lightly; I was hyperconscious that any sudden movements might send me tumbling down below.

The remainder of the harness was pulling at my body, digging into my hips as my body teetered. I prayed that it would, and I could get to the ground safely. I had no idea why it would suddenly fray, this centre was reputed for its high-quality experience, so why?

I breathed in sharply and a yell tore out of me as the second strap suddenly loosened, putting all my body's weight onto the one strap encircling my left leg. I grabbed onto the rope attached to it, desperately trying to maintain a balance. My left leg was tight, and I could feel my muscles straining. My shout had drawn the attention of the boys who now shouted as they looked to see me dangling. Will was nearest to me and I saw his eyes go into scanning mode as he assessed the situation. He climbed upwards until he was just slightly away from me, he didn't move to grab me because we both knew that any extra force exerted could send me hurtling towards the ground.

"Vick, Trace. Get some sort of cushioning material, it's not going to hold out much longer. Hurry." His voice was loud and firm as he yelled out orders to his two brothers, they were already rushing off to find some sort of mat to cushion me. (A/N: You know the ones they use in trampolining- the cushiony ones?? Those.) The rest of the group were standing there, eyes wide as they tried to think of something. I saw Jin oppa rush off to help and Yoongi oppa swore. Loud and filthy. It brought a trembling smile to my face which vanished as I felt myself sway. My arms were burning from holding on, screaming at me for relief and the pain in my leg grew.

"Come on, focus (Y/N) ...just a little while longer." Will spoke up, but I could see in his eyes he was worried and even more tense than he was letting on. The boys came rushing back bearing a large cushioning mat between them, as they placed it down the rest of the group surrounded it.

It was only a matter of minutes now until I fell but at least I knew there was something to stop me from getting hurt.

SNAP!

I closed my eyes as my body was suddenly free-falling, no harness suspending me or slowing me down as I plummeted towards the ground with incredible speed. I heard a piercing cry tear through the air, and I distantly realised it might be me making the sound. I heard Will curse, but I didn't dare open my eyes. My body felt weightless as I fell, my arms and leg no longer being pulled at. The air rushed at my face as I hurtled down, a thump.

And then nothing.

----

JIN POV:

I watched with my heart in my mouth as we all gathered around the mat, prepared to catch her should she not fall onto the mat. Her body was suspended by one strap and I could see her arms trembling from the effort of trying to keep herself from falling. The strap was pulling at her left leg, and my heart ached at the pain she must be in.

Seconds later, the harness snapped, and she let go of the rope and it was like everything stopped.

Everyone froze as her body hurtled downwards, the speed of her fall causing the air to rush at her face. It was like seeing it all in slow-motion. Her mouth opened as a cry tore through her throat, her hair billowing around her. Then, it seemed like time sped up. Her body was freefalling, and she neared the ground with an alarming pace and I felt my eyes widen and my heart leap into my throat. I heard Will curse from above. Kookie frozen in shock as he looked down at the scene.

Then a thump.

Her body sunk into the mat, cushioning her fall and all of a sudden, the spell snapped. Everyone let out gasps of breaths, bodies slumping over in relief, but I needed to make sure she was fine. That she was okay. Everyone rushed forward to (Y/N) but I felt my heart stop at the sight.

She lay there dwarfed by the size of the mat and the towering bodies around her. She was pale and lying there motionless. Her breathing was so shallow and strained, her hands an angry red from holding on, slight abrasions on her palms. I rushed to sweep some hair off her face, eyes tearing at the sight of the closed eyes and clammy pallor.

Trace and Vick rushed forward, hands immediately going to her pulse point on her wrist and checking her heartbeat. Vick carefully lifted one of her eyelids and we could see her soft (E/C) iris moving at a quick pace, left to right.

"She's unconscious. It was too much of a shock on her body." He said, words clipped.

I saw the tendons in his arm stick out, his body was too tightly coiled up in anger. He thumped the cushion with a clenched fist.

"This shouldn't have happened. Why did it? Who wired her up?" he spat out, eyes now dark and crackling with rage.

"Trace, CCTV. Will, check over for injuries and get the onsite medic. Boys, I suggest you call one of your managers." His orders were brief but full of authority.

Namjoon's trembling hands got out his phone and he called Seijin hyung, voice cracking as he asked him to come over, before he seemingly lost all strength and his arm limply swayed by his side, phone dangling loosely in his hold.

Hoseok stepped up to put a reassuring arm around Tae and Jimin, their faces were pale, and their lips tightly pressed together. Hoseok himself had tears in his eyes and his hands were shaking as he soothed the boys.

Yoongi...Yoongi was silent. His face seemed even paler and his eyes were narrowed into slits, he stuffed his trembling hands into his pockets and looked away, throat bobbing.

Kookie reached the ground and made his way over, sinking into my side and I lifted an arm to wrap around him. I couldn't bear to part from (Y/N), waiting for Will to hurry back with the medic.

Then everything was moving, the centre a sudden hive of activity.

Will arrived with the medic, sinking down onto the mat as the medic carefully checked her pulse and eyes. Will carefully monitored it all, not allowing his eyes to move away from the examination even for a second. The medic carefully massaged (Y/N)'s right leg and then moved onto the left. (Y/N)'s body suddenly jerked as the medic massaged, her body unconsciously responding to the pain she was feeling. I heard Kookie whimper slightly and I tightened my hold around him.

"I'm going to have to call an ambulance." The medic spoke up, Will's eyes widening.

"What? Why?" he questioned.

"Her muscles are extremely tight and cramping. I also think she may have sustained some sort of hip injury. She needs medical attention and something to numb the pain." Before he put in the call for an ambulance.

Trace rushed back; a USB clutched tightly in his grip. Vick came back, eyes dark and unforgiving as he looked at (Y/N)'s motionless figure.

Seijin hyung rushed in, panic on his features as he hastened to the scene. He quickly scanned the scene, taking in (Y/N)'s state, the boys all in distress. He started gently shepherding us all out, muttering something to the boys.

"Let's get back quick. (Y/N) needs medical attention. Yoongi will go with her, Jin you need to be with the boys. They need you at the moment." His words were gentle but brook no argument.

The last thing I saw before leaving was (Y/N)'s body being transferred to a stretcher and Yoongi who followed them out, the other boys rushing off to the hospital in their own car.

She was going to be fine. She had to be fine. But someone was going to pay. And there was no room for mercy anymore.

(AND THAT'S IT! DUM DUM DUMMMM! THOUGHTS? I APPRECIATE EVERY COMMENT AND VOTE- IT MEANS MY WORK IS BEING READ AND LIKED, SO THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR DOING THAT, I APPRECIATE YOU ALL AND EVERY READER! 15K READS.... YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING, WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?? ANYWAYS...PLOT HAS TO MOVE ON SO THERE HAD TO BE SOME ACTION AND SOME HURT, THE EVIL GUY IS NOT GONNA REST ANYMORE- HE'S OUT, AND HE'S COMING, HE CAN'T WAIT TO ACT OUT ALL HIS EVIL DESIRES AND PLANS! I'M HATING ON HIM SO HARD RIGHT NOW, THAT I WANT TO REACH THROUGH THE SCREEN AND STRANGLE HIM. AGAIN, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK...IS IT BEING WRITTEN HORRIBLY, TOO QUICK PACED, TOO ODD, PLOT JUST NOT WORKING?? ANYWAYS...I DON'T THINK I'LL MAKE THE INJURY TOO BAD, OR WILL I? IS THERE GONNA BE MORE EVIL MAN FEATURING- WHO KNOWS?? THEY NEED TO CLICK AS TO WHY SHE WAS INJURED BUT FEAR NOT! THE PLOT IS GOING TO START PROGRESSING NOW, SO THANK YOU FOR BEARING WITH ME WHILST IT WAS SLOW. THANK YOU ALL, LOVE YOU LOTS FOR CLICKING ONTO THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE! I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HEALTHY, HAPPY AND LIVING LIFE TO ITS FULLEST- AS MUCH AS YOU CAN DURING THIS PANDEMIC! I'M HERE FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS ME, OR EVEN IF YOU JUST WANNA CHAT OR FANGIRL! KEEP SMILING!)

BTW- DID YOU GUYS SEE RUN BTS?!! BTS AS FLORISTS IS SOMETHING I NEED- I'D DEFFO HAVE THEM MAKE MY GRADUATION BOUQUET, WEDDING ONE AND THEN I'D ADD ONE FOR MY FUNERAL, BECAUSE IT'D KILL ME!! ANY DRAMA, WEBTOONS OR FILM RECCOMENDATIONS?

BORAHAE ARMY/READERS! 💜💜💜FIGHTING!

PurpleQueenie <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 7.9K 31
Taehyung got a new job, he works as an assistant for a new popular Kpop boy group called BTS. The manager thought it would be best if Taehyung lived...
39.8K 1.5K 15
[Completed] Summary: In which Y/N somehow possesses an ability which sends her back in time moments before a life-threatening incident,allowing her...
83 12 13
Suk Jaehwa is in love. Well, not exactly. She's trying to get over him. It's been a long time since they were together. He doesn't admit he remembers...
40K 1.2K 6
BTS's manager leaves for a few months for a business trip. A new manager takes his place and starts abusing Taehyung behind closed doors.