Finding You

By ayjiwoon

After waking up from 5 years of being in coma, Lalisa Manoban decides to take a break from the city and go ba... More

00
02
03
04
05
06
07

01

3.5K 148 18
By ayjiwoon

Lisa

I told mom I will be spending a month back in the province. She seems reluctant at first but I told her I will be fine. She even wants to come with me. I find it funny yet warm in the feeling as she is very worried about me. I know why she is like that.

I had a major car accident five years ago that almost took my life. It wasn't even my fault okay! Okay.. actually maybe half of it was my fault too. I was out with friends, drunk as fuck and then it was raining. On my way home, I crashed into a truck and boom, I woke up and then suddenly five years have passed.

I know right! Mind blowing. It's even more mind blowing that while in coma, I was dreaming about something weird. Like I am living as Lisa but very differently. In my dream, there's Jisoo, Roseanne, Jennie, and Seulgi. There is another girl that I do not know about. What's funny is that the girl who I do not know is my girlfriend and my dumbass bestfriend is her affair. It's all really weird. It feels like it's true but I have never met that girl nor ever seen her anywhere. I am so confused why she appeared in my dream like that and played a special role in my life.

Honestly, I have the urge to find her but it's hard since I cannot remember her name anymore. Shit right. I can remember her face clearly though and one thing I can say. She is so damn beautiful.

I really wanna meet her but it seems impossible.

Anyway, I am going back to the province where I spent my childhood because I wanna be away from stress for awhile. Work is stressing me out most specially since the girl I am in love with, a model, is already in a fucking relationship with another model. I was courting her before you know. But then I got into an accident and then suddenly they are together. You see, I am a photographer for their modelling company.

I am very salty about it. I dropped everything for her because I really like her and then suddenly she is with that man?

Oh and did I also mention that the man is one of my friends? Meaning he is a witness about how much I like his girlfriend. Tch.

I turned the radio on and simply listened to music in order to ease myself. I still feel incredibly upset about the fact that Jennie is already with someone else.. Aish. I need to stop thinking about her.

I hope the Jennie in my dream and the Jennie I love are just the same Jennie. So that she loves me too.

Dammit, Lisa! I said stop thinking about her. I furrowed my eyebrows and simply continued on driving. Soon enough, I am finally entering the province. I felt excited as I reminisce my moments here before. I met Jennie, Jisoo and Seulgi here. We were friends along with another girl named Joohyun. We couldn't stay here though since our life was in the city so Joohyun is left here all alone.

I can't remember much about how she looks before. My memory is very unclear. I don't know if this is because of the accident or because I am getting old already.

I pulled the car up and got off with a wide grin. I leaned my arm on my car as I examine the house I previously lived on back when I was young. Nothing has changed. It is still the same as before– okay maybe not. It actually looks older now. Probably because it has been years already since the last time I visited here.. maybe 15 years? Actually 15 years plus 5 more years since I was in coma for five years so technically it's been 20 years.

I took a picture of the house as well as the road we used to play at. Ah.. I remember a scene here. Jennie asked me to teach her how to ride a bicycle. So I did and when she almost fell, I caught her in my arms. That was when I knew I love Jennie. Yup. I was still young but already in love with her.

I entered the house and dropped my bags. Shit. There's a lot to clean here. Can I even clean all of these? Aigoo. I went down the basement to retrieve the mop and sweep, I tried to clean all of it but it's taking me a long time.

I decided to take a break so now I am outside the house. I sat down the grass and lit my cigarette, smoking freely while staring at the stars.

My phone lit up and it's a message from Roseanne, my very bestfriend. She is asking me if I have arrived and I just realized then that I forgot to inform her I did earlier. I began to compose a reply for Roseanne when suddenly, a woman entered the gateway and crossed her arms, looking at me in a way that I know is her way to intimidate me.

I am not though. She looks more attractive than intimidating to be honest. I took my stick and smiled at the woman. "Hey there"

"What are you doing here in my house?" My brow raised at her words. Her house? But this is our house!

I studied her face more before I realized what was happening. She thought I am an intruder and is trying to scare me by saying this is her house. The thought made me laugh out loud. She tilted her head confusedly making me laugh even more.

"Wait.. this is your house?"

"Y-yes" Liar. I chuckled and stood up slowly, throwing my cigarette on the ground and stepping on it. I faced her with a wide smile.

"Alright.. well, my name is Lisa. Lisa Manoban. You know, the daughter of the owners of this house. I am guessing you are a Manoban too then? Since the signage there clearly states Manoban. Ma-no-ban" She gasped and I smirked smugly. She attempted to leave but I caught her right on time, preventing her completely. I looked at her with my eyes squinted. Her hair is long and her legs are too. She is tall although I am taller than her by a few centimeters.

"Uh-uh, not so fast, Miss" She stopped on her tracks and sighed, looking at me in embarrassment. I am now staring at her as if demanding for an explanation. "Not gonna speak? Cat got you tongue?"

"Aish.. I just thought you were a thief or something like that. It's been awhile since anyone stepped on this house. So as a good neighbor, I of course wanna protect this house. Mrs. Manoban is a good friend of our family after all." I chuckled at her reason but found it convincing anyway. "I live right there, in case you don't believe me" She pointed at the house just next to ours before I nodded.

"Hmm.. I see. Well, no wonder though, it's been awhile since I visited here, I was still 6 that time so.. yeah. It's only my Mom who comes here, sometimes Dad too. I didn't wanna tag along since city life is busy" She nodded her head and clasped her hands behind her.

"So you are from the city? No wonder your car is like that.." I smiled at her comment and looked over to my baby. It's the latest model of an auto. "I am Krystal by the way. Krystal Bae"

Bae? My eyebrows furrowed as it seems familiar to me but I didn't think much of it.

"Looks like you got a lot to clean up there, want me to help?"

"I'd normally refuse but that actually is a great idea. Tomorrow is a good time though since it's night time already." I replied, slipping my hands inside my pocket. Krystal bit her lip as if hesitating before she poked my arm and then signalled to her house.

"Wanna come eat dinner then? Mom is a great cook and you must be tired.. actually, you look tired so I know you are really tired" I chuckled and agreed with her. Dinner with the neighbor on the first day doesn't sound so bad anyway.

Krystal led me to their house. I stepped inside and bowed at the woman who is probably around 40s already. This is probably her mom, she is very pretty.

"I am Lisa. I live in the house next door." She smiled widely and gave me a hug which I then returned with a shy grin. Oh god.. Mom must be really close to them. I guess she is her friend here.

"Krystal, go call your big sister and tell her we have a visitor. I'll go prepare the table, we are about to eat." Mrs. Bae told me to sit down the couch for now while we wait. I took my phone out to cure my boredom and simply texted my friends.

The Gang

Lisa: Okay guess what.
Jisoo: What?
Seulgi: aye man! did you arrive already?
Jisoo: what do we have to guess ugli.
Lisa: you guys would wish you are in my position. c;
Lisa: there is a chic next door and she is really pretty. definitely your type, seul.
Seulgi: yah, don't tempt me.
Seulgi: I already have my eyes on someone..
Seulgi: but yeah, what's her name anyway– just for research purposes.

"Idiot." I whispered to myself as I continue to text my friends, biting down my lip.

Jisoo: lisaaaa tell us her name. and maybe a picture too.
Lisa: so thirsty for some chic. woah.
Lisa: her name is krystal. and damn man, she is really pretty.
Jisoo: kinda wanna ditch work and come there too. should've tagged alog damn
Seulgi: same, chu. huhuhuhu
Jennie: what is happening here?
Jennie: lili, you arrived already?
Lisa: yeah.

My mood dropped as Jennie chatted too. I sighed as I feel the ache once again. Shit, I really wanna get over her quick. I hate this feeling. Jealousy, Envy..

"Hey, Lisa." I hid my phone as I heard Krystal's voice, followed by footsteps as she descends from the stairs. "This is my sister, Irene"

As I turned and face them, my eyes widened. Holy shit..

She is the girl from my dream!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.2K 3K 14
Jisoo is dealing with her breakup from Jennie, drowning her sorrows at the bar, when she stumbles upon a Book Exchange, choosing a book and getting e...
60K 4K 64
What happens when two souls who plan to kill themselves meet each other on the very night they are expected to lose their lives? Will they change one...
13.1K 460 15
When two exes who don't ever have a closure meet again after few years, a chaos was sure to start but is it really gonna be chaotic or something will...
224K 9.4K 107
A short story where Lisa, who lives in Thailand fangirls over Irene. Lisa gets a chance to see Irene sing live and is even more blown away than she e...