Rabbit Princess [Gaara] [1]

Af SlytherinScum

Throughout her short life, Otsutsuki Tsukiko had been mostly kept away from others, or others had mostly kept... Mere

☾ 1: Prologue ☽
☾ Information ☽
☾ 2 ☽
☾ 3 ☽
☾ 4 ☽
☾ 5 ☽
☾ 6 ☽
☾ 7 ☽
☾ 8 ☽
☾ 9 ☽
☾ 10 ☽
☾ 11 ☽
☾ 12 ☽
☾ 13 ☽
☾ 14 ☽
☾ 15 ☽
☾ 16 ☽
☾ 17 ☽
☾ 18 ☽
☾ 19 ☽
☾ 20 ☽
☾ 21 ☽
☾ 22 ☽
☾ 23 ☽
☾ 24 ☽
☾ 25 ☽
☾ 26 ☽
☾ 27 ☽
☾ 28 ☽
☾ 29 ☽
☾ 30 ☽
☾ 31 ☽
☾ 32 ☽
☾ 33 ☽
☾ 34 ☽
☾ 35 ☽
☾ 36 ☽
☾ 37 ☽
☾ 38 ☽
☾ 39 ☽
☾ 40 ☽
☾ 41 ☽
☾ 42 ☽
☾ 43 ☽
☾ 44 ☽
☾ 45 ☽
☾ 46 ☽
☾ 47 ☽
☾ 48 ☽
☾ 49 ☽
☾ 50 ☽
☾ 51 ☽
☾ Land of Snow - 1 ☽
☾ Land of Snow - 2 ☽
☾ Land of Snow - 3 ☽
☾ 53 ☽
☾ 54 ☽
☾ 55 ☽
☾ 56 ☽
☾ 57 ☽
☾ 58 ☽
☾ 59 ☽
☾ 60 ☽
☾ 61 ☽
☾ Stone of Gelel - 1 ☽
☾ Stone of Gelel - 2 ☽
☾ Stone of Gelel - 3 ☽
☾ Stone of Gelel - 4 ☽
☾ Stone of Gelel - 5 ☽
☾ 62 ☽
☾ 63 ☽
☾ NOTE ☽

☾ 52 ☽

3.9K 190 76
Af SlytherinScum

Tsukiko looked through the things that Tsunade had sent to her apartment early in the morning. Most of the things belonged to Tsukiko's mother, Tsukimi, and Tsukiko's grandparents. Tsunade had wanted to talk to Tsukiko and the younger had allowed Tsunade to say what she wanted but Tsukiko had nothing to say.

Tsunade had been open about Tsukimi and told Tsukiko everything she knew of her mother. Tsukiko had quietly listened to everything, trying not to cry. It felt strange for her to be talking to a woman who was fifty years old and her cousin. Once Tsunade had left did Tsukiko get out of her bed and head out.

The whole village was busy putting itself back together and Tsukiko gladly helped out anyone that required it. She wasn't shy of using her Wood Style either – she could care less. Before long, everyone's going to know about her relation to the Hokages of Konohagakure as well. Her name must've been added into the book already.

Tsukiko looked up at the Hokage Monument in the distance – she was somehow related to every single one of the four, and soon five. Senju Hashirama was her granduncle, Senju Tobirama was her grandfather, Sarutobi Hiruzen had acted in as her foster father, and Namikaze Minato... He was related to her father, wasn't he? And Tsunade was her cousin.

"Tsukiko-Chan!" Naruto shouted. Tsukiko turned around and saw Naruto rushing down the street at her as she finished helping a woman get buckets of water into her house. Her eyes fell on the necklace on Naruto's chest.

Tsunade had passed her a necklace of similar make that Tobirama originally owned, which he gave to Suzuran, who passed it to their daughter Tsukimi. The necklace was in her pouch but Tsukiko was not sure she would ever be happy to wear it like Naruto. He had no relation to the necklace but that it was the First Hokage's.

"I was going out to help out around the village, too!" Naruto said. "Come on, we can go together. I wonder if Sakura-Chan would like to come along," Tsukiko smiled and nodded at him as the two of them set off down the street to see what they could do. "I'm going to do my best today!"

Tsukiko and Naruto turned around the corner, and came to an abrupt stop when they almost ran into someone. And that someone happened to Rock Lee, who was still walking around with his crutches. Tsukiko wondered if he still wasn't feeling well.

"Oh, it's Bushy Brow!" Naruto acknowledged. Lee looked rather surprised to see the two of them there and wasn't smiling like usual.

"Oh... Good morning, Naruto-Kun and Tenshi-Chan," Lee greeted. Tsukiko smiled and greeted him back, "Good morning, Lee,"

"Hey, hey, did you already get checked out by Granny Tsunade?" Naruto questioned excitedly. Lee looked rather taken aback. "How was it, how was it? Konoha is in great trouble right now, so we must do our best!"

"You're right," Lee replied quietly and Tsukiko noticed now just how downcast his eyes really looked. It didn't seem like he slept last night either.

"Bushy Brow, you should get better as soon as possible and succeed in your missions!" Naruto continued. Tsukiko was about to question Lee about his help when –

"Naruto Nii-Chan! Tsukiko Nee-Chan!" Moegi and Udon shouted as they came rushing down the street toward the two Jinchuriki.

"Moegi-Chan, Udon-Kun," Tsukiko said as the two children came to a heaving stop. "What's the matter? Is everything all right?"

"It's Konohamaru-Chan!" Moegi said. Tsukiko, Naruto and Lee all shared a curious look before turning to look back at the kids.

"Usa?" Tsukiko asked. "What's wrong with Konohamaru-Kun?"

"He's in trouble," Udon answered.

"In trouble?!" Naruto and Tsukiko asked before the latter continued, "Tell us everything, and take us to Konoahamaru-Kun,"

"Wait!" Naruto shouted as he, Tsukiko, Moegi and Udon raced down the hallway to the where Tsunade, Shizune, Kotetsu and Izumo were gathered. Moegi and Udon had told them everything about what Konohamaru was doing.

"Naruto-Kun? Tsukiko-Chan?" Shizune asked. Tsukiko looked toward the office doors that were shut and she knew that Konohamaru was still inside. There was also a strong scent of Pepper Smoke Bombs around here.

"Hey, hold on there," Naruto said, breathing heavily. "I don't really know what's going on, but don't be so rough with Konohamaru, Granny Tsunade,"

"He's an acquaintance of you two?" Tsunade asked. Both Tsukiko and Naruto shared a look and nodded immediately.

"Yes, he is," Tsukiko answered. "We'll convince him out of here, please leave it to us. He's just a little hurt these days..." Tsunade pursed her lips, thinking.

"Well, then do something by the end of the day," Tsunade said to the two. She walked off and Shizune hurriedly followed after her. Kotetsu and Izumo also left the four kids on their own to deal with the fifth one.

"Hey, Konohamaru!" Naruto shouted as he knocked on the door. "What are you doing in there, dattebayo?!" Tsukiko sighed. "Hurry up and come out! Then let's go eat some Ramen, even your 'first love' is here, Tsukiko-Chan! Don't worry, it's on me! You can have lots of BBQ pork, too! All right, you can have eggs, too! How about that!"

"I don't think he needs food, Naruto..." Tsukiko muttered as she crossed her arms, sending a weary look at the locked Hokage office. Konohamaru had not answered them even for once, all they knew, he could be asleep.

"At least answer me, dattebayo!" Naruto shouted at the door. Tsukiko gave him an exasperated look but then they heard Konohamaru.

"Shut up, you fool!" Konohamaru shouted from inside the office. Tsukiko was relieved that he was still inside and hadn't hurt himself somehow. But Naruto was not happy with this interaction.

"You called me a fool!" Naruto shouted back. "Open up already! Or I'll break in! Hurry up!" Tsukiko rubbed her forehead.

"Try it if you can!" Konohamaru challenged. Tsukiko, who had seen all the traps set by Konohamaru through her Byakugan, tried to stop Naruto but the blond slammed himself against the door.

The latch above the door fell open and Tsukiko watched as huge dishpans rolled out and onto Naruto, who screamed out in pain. Tsukiko sighed heavily and shook her head at Naruto, pulling him out from beneath the barrage.

"You really are a fool, Naruto," Tsukiko muttered. "Rather than just using fists, we need to think with our heads, if you can handle that much, of course," But Naruto seemed too pumped up to really care.

"Hey! Konohamaru, come out already!" Naruto shouted. "At least tell me why you're doing this! Everybody came here because they're worried about you! If you don't come out, I'm going to drag you out of there!"

"Naruto, don't you dare use that..." Tsukiko trailed off as Naruto used his Sexy Jutsu to turn into that abomination and try seducing Konohamaru out, who made no reaction to his words. Tsukiko grimaced at Udon and Moegi's expressions.

"Hey!" Naruto shouted in his feminine form. "Say something at least, dattebayo! This is so embarrassing!" He turned back to himself. "Don't fool around with me! Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Several Naruto appeared. "Stop it already, Konohamaru!"

"Idiots!" Tsukiko said as Naruto and his clones rushed at the office door and the latch above them opened once more and showered down the Pepper Smoke Bomb. Tsukiko placed her hand over her nose to avoid inhaling it.

Tsukiko dragged the real Naruto away from the door while his clones disappeared and she dispelled the smoke issuing around them. Sighing, Tsukiko knocked on the door and used her Byakugan to look at Konoahamaru inside. He was sitting in the corner, his knees up to his chest.

"Konohamaru-Kun," Tsukiko said gently. "It's all right if you want to stay in there but at least tell us what is going on so we can be more understanding, you know, Usa? Otherwise, we can't see why this room is locked away,"

Konoahamaru was silent for a few moments and Tsukiko could see him wavering, "This is Old Man's room! I won't let anybody use this room besides him! That's why, as his grandson, I'm going to protect it!"

"We understand that," Tsukiko replied kindly. "But you have to also understand that the village is currently in a lot of trouble and danger. If you don't allow the new people to use this room, then the village your grandfather worked so hard for would be in even more trouble,"

"It doesn't matter to me!" Konohamaru shouted. Tsukiko let out a breath and shook her head, trying to think of another way to approach this matter. Before she could open her mouth, however, Naruto pushed forward.

"Are you seriously saying that?!" Naruto shouted but Konohamaru didn't answer. "Now I'm pissed! I'll tell you this now; I can take down a door or two easily with my new move," Naruto got ready to use his newly learned Rasengan.

"Naruto Nii-Chan!" Moegi and Udon shouted but before he could react, Tsunade passed by, making him fall over. Tsukiko moved back to see what Tsunade was doing here. She seemed almost in a trance.

"Granny Tsunade?" Naruto asked. But Tsunade made no indication to their presence as she stepped to the doors. "Watch out!" Tsukiko knew Tsunade knew how to handle this.

Tsunade quickly countered all the tricks and traps set on the door and opened the door, quickly defusing all the seals and took off the strings. Everything attached to the strings fell and Tsunade punched them away.

"W-Wow..." Naruto said. Tsunade stepped up and defused another seal by her feet by concentrating the Chakra. A Kunai flew by Tsunade, who didn't even flinch. A rock swung towards Tsunade but she broke it apart by a nonchalant punch.

"She's something, isn't she?" Tsukiko muttered as she caught the Kunai that had flown by Tsunade. The white-haired girl stared at her much, much older cousin.

Konohamaru cowered slightly as Tsunade walked up to the bookshelf by him. She reached out for a book while Konohamaru held his arms in front of him, mistaking that she was going to grab him. Tsunade picked out a book.

"Listen, Konohamaru," Naruto said once he, Tsukiko and Konohamaru finished praying at the Memorial Stone in the training grounds. "Konoha is in great trouble right now, our forces have dropped to almost half, and we have to finish our missions!"

"That's why I taught you!" Konohamaru said, looking away. Tsukiko chuckled slightly as Naruto realised Konohamaru had said that to him.

"Yeah... Um... Well..." Naruto stammered. "But if we don't accomplish our missions, that's letting other countries know that the village has been weakened!"

"That's what Tsukiko-Chan taught you!" Konohamaru said dismissively. Tsukiko smiled at Konohamaru and he blushed slightly in response.

"Do you not like Granny Tsunade?" Naruto asked Konohamaru, standing up to his feet. Konohamaru shook his head no.

"It's not that!" Konohamaru answered. "It's not that at all!" Tsukiko and Naruto looked at him questioning. "Soon, nobody will call me honourable grandson. Then, I'll just become plain old Konohamaru,"

"That's strange," Tsukiko said. "What's wrong with plain old Konohamaru-Kun? You're still going to be an honourable Shinobi who is part of the Sarutobi Clan, you know. And didn't you dislike being called honourable grandson?"

"Everybody's going to forget about the Old Man," Konohamaru said quietly. Tsukiko and Naruto shared a look. "The Old Man... They're going to forget what a great Ninja he was, they're just going to put him away like an old ashtray. The new Hokage will make all kinds of changes in Konoha,"

"That's not true!" Naruto said. "Konoha is Konoha, and besides, nobody will forget about the Old Man! No, they will definitely not forget Old Man!"

"They will forget, I guarantee it," Konohamaru replied miserably.

"They won't forget!" Naruto said.

"That's a lie!" Konohamaru shouted.

"It's not a lie!" Naruto replied. "You can't believe what I'm saying?!" Konohamaru looked away, causing Naruto to become even more frustrated. "Come with me, Konohamaru! We just have to get Granny Tsunade to promise that she won't change Konoha, and we can get everybody to promise us that they won't forget about the Old Man!"

The three of them set off to seek Tsunade. The sun was beginning to set off in the village and most of the people were now resting after a long day of hard work. Tsukiko looked around for any sign of Tsunade anywhere.

"This is the first time outside of your gambling that I have heard you say that!" Shizune's voice shouted. Tsukiko, Naruto and Konohamaru came to a stop outside the restaurant.

"That's Shizune Nee-Chan's voice," Tsukiko said. "She must be here with Granny Tsunade, then," She looked at Konohamaru, who seemed a bit hesitant.

"Shizune..." Tsunade's voice said. "Do you remember that medical ninja Kabuto?" Tsukiko looked up in surprise. What were they talking about?

"What about him?" Shizune's voice asked.

"His method to make new cells..." Tsunade's voice said. "I was searching for a way to use that on my patients,"

"Is that for Lee-Kun?" Shizune's voice asked.

"If the 50% success rate goes up to 51% then I think it's worth a try, right?" Tsunade said. Tsukiko furrowed her eyebrows. Lee had that low of a success rate right now?

"That ability depends greatly on one's natural talents," Shizune's voice said. "I'm not sure if even you, Tsunade-Sama, can learn it..."

"I'll have to," Tsunade's voice said. "Since I'm the Fifth Hokage," Tsukiko and Naruto shared a look as they looked down at Konohamaru, who started to walk away from there. They followed him.

"What's the matter, Konohamaru?" Naruto asked. "Don't you want to see Granny Tsunade?" Konohamaru shook his head no.

"No, it can't be helped," Konohamaru said. "I am the honourable grandson, after all. I am Konohamaru of the Konoha Village!" He rushed off.

"Huh? What's up with him?" Naruto muttered. Tsukiko shrugged and the two of them raced after the boy. "Hey, Konohamaru! What's up with you?!"

"Konohamaru-Kun," Tsukiko said as she joined the boy in front of the Hokage Monument where the boy was looking more proudly at his grandfather. She glanced at the Second Hokage and wondered if she should be looking at him with the same expression.

"Tsukiko-Chan," Konohamaru said as he turned to look at the older female. "You are proud of Old Man, too, aren't you?" Tsukiko smiled and nodded immediately as she looked over at Hiruzen's face on the mountain.

"Of course," Tsukiko replied. "I'm very proud of him. He fought so hard against the village's enemies. I saw one of them when Naruto and I went out of the village, and he was in a horribly desperate condition. He wanted to attack Konoha again but the Third had ruined his chances of ever doing that," Konohamaru nodded slowly.

"Was it stupid of me to think that Old Man would always be around?" Konohamaru muttered. Tsukiko glanced down at him thoughtfully. She had thought the same and asked the same from Usajii. "I thought everything would move in the same way,"

"The thing is... Konohamaru-Kun, the world is strange, and it will continue to spin," Tsukiko said carefully. "Even when someone's death is really difficult to deal with, the world strangely continues on. The sun will set and rise, it will shine and the cloud will continue to travel and rain. Regardless of how difficult a death is, it all will pass.

"I don't like the sound of such a day, either," Tsukiko admitted. "But I have realised that it really is the truth. The thing is... The Third Hokage loved the village and the people with all of his heart. He had a family in all of us. And he was willing to go as far as he could to protect his family. I couldn't understand it, but I do now. And you will, one day, as well.

"I know you're worried about people of this village forgetting Old Man but as the Hokage, he gave himself piece by piece to everyone – and those memories will be the ones that will keep his legacy going throughout generations to come. It is okay to be sad, but we must also be proud of his sacrifice, for he realised how nice it is to have loved ones to die for,"

Konohamaru was silent as he stared at Tsukiko but then he acknowledged something that Tsukiko didn't expect him to, "You're the granddaughter of the Second Hokage, aren't you?" Tsukiko stared at him before nodding. "He gave his life in my grandfather's place, didn't he?" Tsukiko nodded again.

"Your grandfather was the student of my grandfather," Tsukiko said, nodding as she looked at the Second and Third Hokages. "And my mother was the student of your grandfather. All three of them sacrificed themselves for the sake of this village. And we must protect this village, no matter what.

"Someone told me that we only get this one life. And there's no need for us to choose an impossible path. It's fine to live as you like and die as you like. However, protecting a precious person...? You must never forget it no matter what path you chose.

"To all three of them, the people of this village were the most cherished. And thus, they gave their lives for them, for their dreams and aspirations. They had the Will of Fire within them, do you know about it?" Konohamaru stared at her. Tsukiko smiled at him. "It is a very curious thing, and it exists within every single Shinobi of Konohagakure, it is the Will of Fire that gives every single of us the strength to defend our village.

"It's the unbreakable bond that ties every single of us together, regardless of blood and heritage. It's what makes us all a family. And I wonder, do you have it, as young as you are, the Will of Fire?" She poked his forehead. Konohamaru stared silently. "You know who said that?" Konohamaru shook his head no. "The Third Hokage,"

"Old Man told you that?" Konohamaru asked, surprised. Tsukiko nodded and the boy stared at the ground. "Then, I will have to find my own Will of Fire, wouldn't I?" Tsukiko smiled and nodded at him once more.

"You will find it in due time," Tsukiko replied. "We all will..." She turned to look at the Hokage Monument. "You, and I, and everyone else... Our village is in danger, and we have to work hard to return it back to its full glory,"

"I can't believe I wasted my whole day," Konohamaru said, grabbing his head. Tsukiko chuckled and he peeked at her. "Tsukiko-Chan! Would you like to go have Daifuku with me?" Hearts sprouted out of his eyes. "My first love!"

"Uh..." Tsukiko said as she grimaced slightly, all feeling leaving her body. "You know, we've got a lot of work to do, Konohamaru-Kun! I've got to go and see what's going on, Usa! See you later!" Tsukiko rushed away from there.

"When I find my Will of Fire and become the Hokage, you will marry me, right, Tsukiko-Chan?!" Konohamaru shouted after her but the white-haired girl had promptly left the scene, trying to contain herself, and also not laugh.

"That boy isn't going to leave you, Usahime," Usajii commented as Tsukiko rushed down the streets. "Konohamaru, right? The child who craved your name with his on that tree in the Training Grounds?" Tsukiko groaned.

"Yes, Usajii," Tsukiko muttered as she slowed her pace, walking down the street toward the Daifuku store before she went back to her apartment. She bought a few Daifuku before heading onwards. "Is that Lee?"

Rock Lee was walking down the street, looking rather dejected, and Tsukiko remembered what she had heard Tsunade say to Shizune in that restaurant. She quickened her pace so she could reach over to him but he didn't seem to notice her until she held out a Daifuku to him.

"Tenshi-Chan," Lee said quietly. Tsukiko smiled at him and held the Daifuku higher so he could take it from her. Lee took it hesitantly and Tsukiko's smile widened.

"Let's sit down, hmm?" Tsukiko said as she motioned to the nearest bench. Lee nodded slowly and the two of them headed over to it. Lee sat down heavily and stared at the Daifuku. "I know you said you wanted to have Daifuku with me. Even if it was just something to make Sakura jealous, I would still like to,"

"Oh, thank you..." Lee said as he took a bite of the Daifuku. Tsukiko nodded as she looked down at her own Daifuku and took a bite of it. Lee glanced at Tsukiko. "Did you have something you wanted to talk about?"

"Not really," Tsukiko replied, shrugging. "I was by myself, and you were by yourself. So, I decided we both could do with something sweet," She studied him. "I don't say this out of pity, but with genuine appreciation; you're very brave,"

"You're the one who bought the peonies," Lee acknowledged. Tsukiko nodded. "Sakura-San told me about them... Thank you," Tsukiko smiled and patted his shoulder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: There will be extra updates for this story on Sunday and Tuesday - those two chapters will be based on the Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow. Thank you!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

84.1K 1.9K 30
Tsukiko had had it rough. Living with her slightly psychotic mother was hell for her and she had scars to prove it. She knew who her father was and w...
353K 13.2K 32
(FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEAM EIGHT UNLEASHED) The Shinobi world is a harsh, unforgiving place. Akari Kita knows this. And yet, it's been her dream to beco...
415K 14.4K 30
Forsake- to quit or leave entirely: Forsaken- abandoned or deserted. Naruto Namikaze, Sasuke Uchiha, and Sakura Haruno. Three members of team seven...
72.1K 1.6K 36
Liliana Hatake: A girl whose mother was murdered by her older cousin. She was left with only her father, her two cousins, and her best friend Naruto...