Stonehearts 9: Sapphire

By bncmld

| Stonehearts #9 | People see her as a rock of solid power and strength. She isn't easily wavered and never g... More

Stonehearts: Sapphire
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen

Seven

3.5K 130 15
By bncmld

To what extent should a person crave something he or she never tasted?

Because I'm still damn well salivating from that almost kiss from three days ago. Jesus Christ, he's like a drug to me. Though, I haven't had a taste of him, the pulsating need I have for that man is coursing through my veins wild and hot.

Why I am this attracted to him, you ask? Well, I can dump a mountain of reasons why I find him tremendously irrisistable. He's a living, walking, breathing fantasy and I would gladly live the dream.

I scrubbed a palm on my face. I'm not liking the way I lose myself whenever he's around. I don't know how he does it, he bares me, disarms me of my very core. And I can't seem to take him on. Hell, I'm known for my scorching persistence and solid attitude. An innocent looking individual packed with a bombshell of a character that explodes into a multitude of colors. I'm that someone with the hunter instinct, once cinched at something, I don't yield until I'm able to stake a claim.

And I forsake my own goddamn self for that since my 'hunt, lock, & kill' disposition is set into us ending with sheer sweaty bodies. My abidance of veering from him is useless either, because rather than walking away and ignoring the magnetic pull, I all but submit to lust and ram myself hard on him.

God, I wished he would really physically ram himself to me.

I'm turning into a sex craze maniac. I dropped my head with a thud on my table. This is going nowhere. I should be thinking how I will effectively and ultimately pivot from the raw and carnal tension between us. Hindi 'yong pinagnanasaan ko pa siya. Hindi 'yong ini-imagine ko kung hanggang saan aabot ang halik na 'yon kung sakali mang natuloy.

I need to have a peptalk with my brain and my vagina for they ae clearly in a disagreement. Dapat ang inaatupag ko ay ang problema ko sa business, hindi ang problema ko sa tawag ng laman.

I shifted my sight to my computer. I've narrowed everything down and it looks like the most appealing and smart move would be talking to Reid about his offer.

The banks aren't that bad but if Mr. Poker Face will place a better solution on my table then I don't see any reason why I would still pursue with the banks. Kaso ang malaking question mark sa lahat ay gaano ako kalakas para layuan ang tukso at kung may balak bang lumayo sa'kin ang tukso. It will be weird mixing business with pleasure. My gut, though, tells me we're on the polar opposites of the situation. He's been very persistent and pushy with me meeting him, factor in the sizzling sexual pressure he surely and openly welcomes. If that don't clearly flash 'I want you', I don't know what will.

If this won't put my clinic in awkward position, or worse, in jeopardy, I won't even double-blink or have second thoughts. I'd charge right into this temptation with guns blazing. Kaso hindi pwede. Kaya nga hindi muna ako mag-jo-jowa para wala akong ibang iisipin. Nakakalungkot man dahil pinagkait sa'kin ng tadhana ang masarap na pangako, ito ang tamang desisyon.

Pero shit, hindi ko akalin na darating ang pagkakaton sa buhay ko na masasabi kong totoo nga ang kasabihang 'ginto na, naging bato pa'.

A phone call distracted me from my pondering. Exhausted to even look at the caller ID, I swiped away just so I can get it over with. I'm not really in the mood to talk.

"Fire, naistorbo ba kita?" The voice is denizen to my ears, but the chances of her calling me is little to none.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I whipped my phone to check the name to verify my assumptions. I was right but still it bugged me since my mind zapped into a lone reason why she's connected to me in the other line. I wish I wasn't right, though. It's enough that he's been consuming my mind lately.

"Arcie, hello. Hindi naman. Napatawag ka?"

"Yes." She sighed. "I don't want to do this, especially with Sage being this tenacious. Kasi isa lang ang ibig sabihin no'n, he's brewing something and I'm not going to like it. At ayaw ko sanang ma-involve sa mga kagaguhan."

"I'm sorry? I don't follow at all."

"He mentioned you haven't talk or discussed anything with Reid. He wanted to know why but he isn't sure if you'll tell him if he went directly to you, kaya ako ang kinausap niya. I don't want to pry on your business so I shrugged him off, stating that he should stop looming over his friend's affairs. But that's not him. Knowing Sage, hindi siya mapapakali kung wala siyang gagawin."

Resting my upper body, I swayed from left to right on my chair while I wait for her to get to her point. She's been blabbering about an acquaintance I haven't met before and it's extremely confusing me.

"Anyway, I formulated that he'd already spoken with Reid about it and I think he concluded that since you've been quite reserved about Reid's help, he thought it's best to stick with the original plan."

"So, he's again extending his help to me?" I finished, not even bothering masking my relief, but carefully tucking the hint of disappointment there.

"Yes. Hindi ko pa rin ma-gets kung bakit nagbago nanaman ang isip ng ungas but I have a theory that he's reeling off over the idea that he couldn't fix your problem and in turn, he had let me down. And he hates it, makes him crazy."

"Wait, ano mo nga siya ulit?" Because I'm sure he isn't her fiancé.

"A childhood friend and a forced big brother figure. With forced being the keyword since he had elected him the position himself." She gruffed, annoyance perfectly clear in her voice but I can tell she's also fond of him as well.

Laughing at her remarked, I switched our conversation back to the original path. "So, when will I meet him? Ako ba ang tatawag sa kanya o sekretarya niya ang hahagilap sa'kin. My guess is the latter for I don't posses his number, unless you give it to me?"

"Oh, no. It won't be necessary. He wants to meet you personally."

Taken aback, I stopped swinging on my seat and planted my feet on the floor. Why does this feel off?

"Okay. Kailan?" I asked, mentally reminding myself to check his office address via Google.

"Tonight. The other person in their group, Claus, is having a party and he wants to meet you there."

Okay, something is definitely off-grid. "He wants to discuss business? While in a party? Ewan ko, Arcie. Not to offend you or your friend, pero parang ginagago ata ako?"

Napabuntong-hininga siya, "None taken. I have the same thoughts. But fret not, Sage swore to me that he would never do you harm. His defense was that he's running on a tight schedule and this is his only opening."

"Kung busy siya, bakit naman niya kikitain ang isang tao sa oras lang ng pahinga para lang pag-usapan ay trabaho?"

"Dahil kaibigan daw kita, you're an exception."

She sounded so torn as we speak. It clearly says that she's not liking this as much as I do but she's compelled to pass this information to me.

"So, will you go, Fire?"

"Yes, I will. Text mo sa'kin address and I'll be there." Even though I have this hefty, gwaning feeling in my gut, telling me not to go.

"Don't worry. I'll be there, too. I'll keep an eye on you in case Sage tries something funny." Boy, she did try to sound tough but with her baby-cooing voice, it really isn't working.

"I can very well guard my own virtue, Arcie." I muttered with a soft laugh.

I hear her giving out a faint giggle, "Well, the offer stands. So, I'll see you tonight?"

"Yup, catch you there."

--

"Hey, glad you're here. Akala ko hindi ka na tutuloy." Arcie greeted, meeting me by the door. Peeking around, I saw no one from the background. She must've observed my daze. "Party's at the rooftop. Hindi naman ganoon karami ang tao, more or less, only thirty people were invited."

"Busy sa clinic kanina, hindi ako nakaalis agad." She gave me an understanding smile before she tipped her head, signalling to follow her lead.

"Kilala mo lahat ng bisita?" I asked as I trail behind her. We're slow in our steps since she's very much pregnant. I noticed how swollen her feet are but refused to comment.

She snorted. "Oh, no. Iniimbitahan lang ako ni Claus dahil sa tingin niya kailangan niya. They sort of absorbed me in their group. Feeling nila baby sister talaga nila ako, which is annoying."

"I think it's sweet." I contradicted.

"Not really, those guys are overbearing." She scoffed. "It got even worse when they learned I'm pregnant. Claus is the perfect example. He doesn't like staying here in Manila for too long, pero nang nabuntis ako, he decided to stick around until the baby is born."

"I guess, you'll have one spoiled baby." I said with a smile.

I'm inclined to comment about not seeing Reid as a kid-friendly person, but I bit my tongue. She doesn't know the two of us met and when she picks that one up and start asking questions, she may get suspicious as to why I haven't taken up Reid's offer.

She just nodded in agreement, seeing that she's catching her breath as we ascend the stairs. If I had known the exact location of the gathering, I would have insisted to just meet her there. Kaso ayaw niya at pinagpilitan niya talaga na sunduin ako sa main door dahil responsibilidad niya raw ako para sa gabing ito.

We turned left towards the veranda at the left side of the second floor. The walls are made of floor to ceiling glass to see through the numerous plants arranged there.

Arcie pushed the glass door and I'm hit with the smell of plants, soil, swirled with scattered murmurs and faint indie OPM music.

"This way." She said, cocking her head to a steel spiral staircase.

I winced at the idea of her taking another flight of these, but she's been such a trooper.

No one noticed our arrival when we reached the rooftop. Guests are littered everywhere, engrossed with their own businesses. Now that I think about it, there's a big chance that Reid's here. Anxiety and excitement swirled in my system.

I surveyed the place, trying to lock my sight to that long hair, gorgeous man I've been daydreaming about. Arcie bumped elbows with me, making me pause my hunting and look at her.

"Why don't you wait by the empty table there and I'll look for Sage? He's around here somewhere, probably flirting and seducing his next victim." She said with an eyeroll. I suppressed my chuckle since she's genuinely annoyed and I don't want to further piss a pregnant person.

Before she left, she served me a bottle of beer of my choice. It's so awkward sitting alone, while the world around me chattered away. I'm not an introvert. Gusto ko sanang tumayo at makipaghalubilo ngunit hindi naman 'yon ang pinunta ko rito.

Besides, I'll take this little time for a rest. I feel more exhausted compared to other days. Kuya said it's the stress building up, which I dismissed immediately.

Shrugging to myself, I took a draft of my beer. Then a man approached my table. He leisurely straddled one chair and faced me. There's amusement dancing in his eyes and I have an urge to slap a sassy remark at him.

It was hard though. Because he's exceptionally good looking. Sharp jaw. Pointed nose. Thin lips. His hair is buzzed-cut on the sides but long and slicked back on the top. Let's not forget those manly sideburns he has which trails to the stubble on his jaw. And of course, rippled and very toned arms.

"You must be Hiraya."

My discreet leering halted. Is he feeding me a line? "Excuse me?"

He cocked his head sideways, his grin widening. "His Hiraya Manawari."

Huh? "His? I think you mistook me for someone else. I don't belong to anybody. And my name is –"

"Hello, Doctor Fire." A charming and coy tone emerged from behind me, making me stop and look.

Another dashing male. Jesus Christ, did I just walk in some kind of male escort service?

When he came upclose and the light from the post illuminated his features, I realized I saw him from somewhere. Strong facial features but the laughlines he has balanced it out. It's no mistaking that this guy loves to laugh and have fun. Even his loose corkscrew, sable, jaw-length hair is working for me. It looks hotter since he tied it in a half bun.

Not really is the time to be ogling at handsome creatures. I cleared my throat, "You know me?"

His big ass toothy grin went wider. "Aw, you forgot me already? And I thought I made an impression. I was at your clinic once." His voice was marked by artful playfulness. He rounded the table and freely sat at one of the chairs situated in front of me.

I pinched my eyebrows together, rummaging my brain. Then it clicked. "Ikaw 'yong kasama ni Colette." I hushed out.

He rewarded me with his cute, heart-melting smile. This guy is way too charismatic. "I'm Claus by the way. I'm happy you made it."

I looked at the other guy and before I can even say my assumption of who he is, he offered it with a smile of his own, but in par with regards to charms. "Sage. Are you always late?" His tone was pure curiosity.

I wanted to give him a smart reply but refrained myself. I have to keep my bitchiness under wraps. I smiled impishly. "Yeah, it's a habit I can't break. I've tried but to no avail."

They both exchanged knowing glances before they chuckled. Now, what was that about?

"No wonder." Sage says before drinking from his glass of liquor.

"No wonder what?" I inquired.

Claus was the one to answer. "It's one of Reid's many pet peeves. He has a lot since he's a neat-freak and a control-crazed weirdo. But he doesn't normally bitch about it. Buuuuuuuut, he does complain about your tardiness."

Taken aback, a gasped echoed on my throat. Okay, hold up! He talks about me with his friends? Damn, if my heart didn't react to that. Good thing, I'm not much of a blusher. I averted their intent and amused stares by gazing down at the bottle trapped in between my palms.

Acting like I'm studying the labels written around my beer, I spoke in an even manner. "I'm not really here to talk about Reid. If it's alright, I'm gonna spin our conversation straight to business."

"You do know the saying, right?" Clause retorted making me meet his eyes, mischief swirling. "All work and no play, makes Doctor Fire –"

"A less problematic girl." I cut off.

The expression on his face tells me he approves of my sassy comebacks. And as much as I want to ride in with his jokes, I need to wrap this up and go home. I'm beginning to feel heavily uneasy and light-headed. My sweat is even trickling down my nape, which happens rarely.

"You should get Arcie. Baka hinahanap ka pa rin niya." I said, directing my attention to Sage.

"Nah, I saw her before I got here. She's with her fiancé." He shrugged.

Okay, no chance of getting Arcie here to ease some of this building tension. I cleared my throat. "So, about your offer?" I tried again.

He was about to open his mouth, but Claus decided to interrupt again. He briefly eyed someone or something behind me before he spoke.

"Hey, wanna play a game?" There's something about the way the words rolled off of his tongue that warns me of trouble.

Crinkling my foread, I studied him with skepticism. "Depends on what game."

"Oh, this is easy. It's called 'here comes the storm'."

I pulled my brows harder; I'm convinced the 'v' there would be permanent. Is he toying me? "What kind of game is that?"

Sage seemed to know what he had in mind because he's body language suddenly seeped alertness. "Claus, are you hoping for a death wish? Because that's how you get one." He cautioned.

But his friend answered it with a toothy and determined smile. "What? We got to know one way or another."

Confused and feeling left out. I sought clearance of their coded dialogues. "Get to know what?"

"Sit back and tag along, Hiraya. Watch what happens." Claus muttered, his eyes gleaming with rascality and trouble.

"Please, stop calling me –" I stopped when he suddenly leaned, closing the little space provided by the mini, circular table.

My first reaction was to pull back, but he already had his fingers on my chin, trapping me. The smile he had faded. He slanted his head sideways. My breath hitched when our faces are only hairline apart. Is he going to –

"Claus." My body stiffened to attention upon hearing the profound, gravelly rumble from behind me. It holds warning and a forbidding promise.

Soon, a hand appeared on the side of my face. The palm connected to Claus' face, shoving him back to his seat. I was too shock to speak.

Claus started chuckling while Sage was shaking his head. I'm frozen on my seat and I can't even get myself to turn and look at the guy who's burrowing his gaze at my back. I felt the air around us thicken, crackling with pure, sexual tension.

A fully tattooed one arm ingress from my side followed by an ink-free arm on the other, completely caging me between him and the table. I feel the burn of his body against my back even though we're not touching. I gulped.

I sensed movements and then his mouth is on my ear, his hot breaths enhancing the wildfire spreading on my body.

"Doc."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...