Bon AppΓ©tit!

Von JaXender

[GxG] Avery Carlisle is a spoiled rich college girl. She always gets what she wants and desires in her life... Mehr

Chapter (1): Avery Carlisle
Chapter (2) I Want My Car
Chapter (3): Danni Scott
Chapter (4): Oh My Cook!
Chapter (5): Sexy As Hell
Chapter (6): The Shrew
Chapter (7): Uncle Josh
Chapter (8): Old Friends
Chapter (9): A Mouse In The House
Chapter (10): Hanging Out
Chapter (11): Flooding Danni
Chapter (12): Chloe Mitchell
Chapter (13): House Party
Chapter (14): Cleaning Up
Chapter (15): Danni & Chloe
Chapter (16): Videogames
Chapter (17): Benjamin Scott
Chapter (18): A Thanks
Chapter (19): Change Of Heart
Chapter (20): It's Going To Be Okay
Chapter (22): Kiss Me
Chapter (23): In Her Sickness
Chapter (24): La Divorce
Chapter (25): Welcome Home Ben
Chapter (26): What Do You Think Robert?
Chapter (27): The Babysitting
Chapter (28): Teach Me
Chapter (29): Meeting The Friends
Chapter (30): Thunder & Lightning
Chapter (31): Double Jealousy
Chapter (32): The Spark
Chapter (33): The Rape Of The Amaryllis
Chapter (34): Outburst
Chapter (35): Healed Bruises
Chapter (36): The Hacker & The Stealthy
Chapter (37): Framing The Gray
Chapter (38): The 80,000$
Chapter (39): Carter Reed
Chapter (40): Hearing Loud & Clear
Chapter (41): Taming The Shrew
Chapter (42): Fervor Night
Chapter (43): The B-Word
Chapter (44): Sway With Me
Chapter (45): Ride To The Sunset
Chapter (46): Voltaic Emotions
Chapter (47): Hidden Eyes
Chapter (48): Secrets Disclosed
Chapter (49): Sweet As Sugar
Chapter (50): The Yellow Card
Chapter (51): Fresh Tears
Chapter (52): Breaking The Promise
Chapter (53): A Slap To Snap
Chapter (54): Till The Last Breath
Chapter (55): With A Ring I Vow To You

Chapter (21): Friends

2.9K 140 3
Von JaXender

Danni was at the garage, having her break, sipping her freshly cold water and she was thinking about Avery, her mind still hadn't processed that fact that her brother survived because of her, she owes her not only money but her life.

"Hey, what's on your mind?" asked Josh as he sat beside her.

"Ben"

"Ah, I see, I see" He studied her expression. "Is that all?" He smirked.

"Yeah, I'm grateful that everything is fine now and I hope it will continue to be like that"

He nodded. "Is Avery the girl who was giving you hard time at your job?"

She scoffed. "She was but I guess not anymore" She shrugged.

"She is beautiful though"

"Mm-hmm" She took another sip.

"I think Ben has a crush on her" he said and she laughed.

"I don't see why not" She chuckled.

"So you like her?" He smirked and arched an eyebrow and she stopped laughing and cleared her throat.

"I like her but not in the way that you think. We can say I owe her a big time because of her huge favor"

"You are right. You are in a hard position though"

She looked at him with her brows knitted. "And why is that?"

"You have two beautiful ladies and it's hard to choose between them. The brunette or the red head?"

"I'm not choosing anyone" She stated.

"Oh really?" He chuckled.

"Yeah"

"Alright then" He stood up and turned to her. "I'm gonna go now" He smirked at her. "But remember my words... the brunette or the red head?"

"Jesus, uncle Josh" she said to herself, shaking her head.

*****************************

Avery was in class, paying attention to Professor Gray... surprisingly, she decided to study more for herself as her grades were already dropping and in a steady decline. Professor Gray was pleased with her progress as she asked questions in the lecture which showed her interest in the subject and she did her last assignment. At the end of the lecture, the class was leaving and taking their last assignment from him, when it was Avery's turn he smiled at her.

"Avery, I have to say I'm impressed with your essay, it's quite... interesting and informative" He smiled at her.

"Thank you"

"Since you are a great writer... I was wondering if you would like to help me with something later... It's about students' projects and I need a hand and true opinion. It's gonna be a good chance for you to prove yourself"

"That's great, when can I start?" She grinned.

He chuckled softly. "I like your enthusiasm. Tomorrow right after college, I'll be here"

"Okay, good. See you later then"

She went to the parking lot, feeling proud and satisfied with herself. She got into the car and drove off to her home thinking about the great opportunity that will open her road to a bright future and she also thought about Danni and Ben on her way home, she remembered Danni kissing her cheek last night and the smile that never left her face after hearing the good news.

Avery arrived home and went upstairs and started doing her assignments before she could get lazy. Her tummy growled indicating the hungriness. She went downstairs and saw Danni coming through the door and she smiled at seeing her.

"Hey" said Avery as she walked down the stairs quickly with excitement.

"Hey" She smiled back.

"Is there any news about Ben?"

"Yeah, he woke up today and he was a little bit tired but happy and he said that he still loves me" She chuckled.

"Aw! That's cute"

"He asked about you by the way"

"He did?"

"Yeah, I think my little brother is having a crush on you"

"Oh! I'm flattered. Your brother is quite handsome" She batted her eyelashes and Danni laughed. "I'm hungry" She pouted and rubbed her tummy.

"What do you wanna eat?"

"I could eat a bear if I have to"

"Okay... I'll go make you something" She glanced at her before leaving and heading to the kitchen.

******************************

Avery sat in the dining room, waiting for her plate and since Robert hasn't arrived yet, Danni came out of the kitchen serving her a plate of chicken with harissa and tomatoes.

"Dinner is served" said Danni jokingly.

"Wow! That's art"

"Thank you. Bon Appetit"

As she was about to leave, Danni felt a gentle grip on her wrist, she turned around at Avery who was looking at her smiling and Danni frowned.

"Could you please join me?" she asked.

"Uh...Umm. I don't think it's a good idea. I work for you"

"Says who? You are my friend"

Danni's lips drew a smile. "Friend? As in F-R-I-E-N-D?"

"Yes silly!" She looked at the hesitation look on her face so she stood up, keeping the eye contact. "Let's make this official" She cleared her throat. "Danni Scott would you like to be my friend? Don't worry I'm not playing you, I'm being the real me"

Danni smiled at her then said. "That would be an honor"

"Yay!" She clapped her hands and grinned. "Come on have dinner with me? Otherwise I'll get bored"

"I will sit with you but I won't eat, I'm not hungry"

"Come on! You have to eat your own masterpiece"

"No, you enjoy it" She chuckled at her and Avery took the first bite closing her eyes, savoring the taste and a hum escaped her lips in satisfaction.

"Open your mouth"

"No"

"Open it or I'll make you"

She chuckled. "No"

"Please, Danni you owe me" She begged her and Danni gave up.

"Okay, okay, but just one bite"

"Mm-hmm" She nodded as she grabbed the spoon and filled it with food and fed her.

"Damn this actually good!" said Danni as she was chewing.

"Are you telling me that you never tasted your own food?"

"No I do eat my food but it's been a long time since I made a plate like this one for myself"

"What stopped you?"

"Well, life did... My mom died in a car accident three years ago and Ben became tired so I didn't cook the food with love for myself. I only cook it for others... like you and wherever I work"

"Now that Ben is okay, you should treat yourself with your own food and... I'm sorry about your mother"

"It's okay" she said sadly and Avery reached for her hand giving it a squeeze. "Ben and uncle Josh are my only family now"

"Speaking of your uncle, I really like him, he is nice and cool. He is also good looking for someone at his age"

"Are you crushing on him or something?" She teased, smirking.

"No! I'm just saying that he is too cool to be an uncle. I always pictured them to be old and grumpy"

She laughed. "Good point"

"One more bite" She ordered.

"Oh, no I think I've had enough" She patted her tummy.

"Come on! For Ben"

Danni smirked. "You are taking advantage of me, Avery"

Avery blushed a little while grinning at her. "Maybe. Now open widely"

"Sure, ginger"

"Don't call me that!" She groaned looking away and Danni laughed at her.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

223K 9.6K 22
Avery Jennings and Ryan Shaw are both leaving New York on Christmas morning to fly home to Seattle. By chance, they are seated in the same row and st...
63.9K 3.8K 66
[GxG] "I found the assistant." she said with her eyes fixed on the CV. "That's great! You finally found the perfect one for the job!" Wren pressed he...
114K 5.1K 24
Harper Jace wants to leave NYC to find a fresh start for herself. Away from her best friend, everything that she knows, but most importantly, away fr...
2.8M 71.5K 76
Avery is back in her hometown, after she moved away to LA with her mom. After her parents divorced her mom thought it would the best if they get away...