ADORE YOU

Par _awizardsway_

She was like art, exquisite & fascinating. Admired by many, yet he was the one who truly had the privilege to... Plus

COPYRIGHT
AESTHETIC
1•Introduction•
2•First Meet•
3•Thoughts•
4•Plotting•
6 •Payback's a Bitch•
7 •Surprises•
8 •The Announcement•
9 •The Invitation•
10 •The Gala•
11• Conciliation•
12 •Periculum•
13 • Amicis •
14 • Principium •
15 • Dolor •
16 • The Proposal •
17 • High •
18 • Dangerous •
19 • Realisation •
20 • Is it a date? •
21 • Terror •
22 • Confessions •
23 • Afraid •
24 • Halycon •
25 • Falling •
27 • Calor •
28 • Hush hush •
29 • Home •
30 • Inked •
31 • Initiis Novis •

5 •Confident•

225 39 42
Par _awizardsway_

5

Confident

Demi Lovato-Confident(edit)

a|n:Contains Mature Language

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mia's P.O.V.:-

I stand before my bathroom mirror in my work clothes giving myself a pep talk,"He is an ass. Nothing can stop you, be confident. Let's do this." I walk out of my bedroom and towards the kitchen after taking my stuff.

"Good morning guys" I see Em and Hannah having breakfast in the kitchen.

"Good morning Mia" they murmur sleepily.

Taking coffee and my breakfast I sit down at the table,"Guys wish me luck for today and hope that I don't kill anyone " I say to them.

"Good luck" Hannah wishes me.

"You'll do good Mia, show him your bitchy side he'll already be in another city." Em suggests me to use my bitchy side which is isn't that bad idea but I am sure that won't scare him that much but sure as hell embarrasse me and that is something.

"No, I think I'll do better without it anyways I'll get going as much as I would love to piss him of by being late I don't want to handle him hulk out on me. Good day byee" I bid them goodbye while taking my car keys it is 8' o clock now and I have to reach bye 9 its just 45 mins drive, okay then I'll reach a bit early.

After a 45 mins drive filled with traffic and me blasting music and occasionally cursing people I finally reached the office and though I have been here the building never ceases to amaze me.

I mean I shouldn't accept nothing less from me but still it was almost a 45 floor building with an amazing entrance with the letters King's Inc. embled proudly on it.

I reach the receptionist and ask her about which floor exactly are we going to work. Once she answers I take the elevator and reach the desk and ask her about the floor from were we are supposed to work once she answers I take the elevator and reached the destined floor as I had reached early no one else was there yet I took my time to admire the area there 10 desks and chairs lined up in a bunch of 5 against each other both on the opposite side of each other while at the end was a cabin which I guessed was mine. 

I reached the cabin it was pretty nice it also had a desk and chair just it was big than the outside once it also had two chairs for visitors and a couch rested on other side of the cabin.

Once I finished admiring it I started to work, my tea had suggested more ideas which were cost effective so now I needed to study them and also take the opinion of the King's employee I also needed to discuss with Aiden the term goals which I was dreading as the work had stared on the site our company had already set the long term ones the short term ones were remaining which I needed to discuss with him.

Thinking of talking to him already wants to make me barf. One by one people started to fill in, Once everybody had settled I gave them their assigned work I took the required files I reached the floor were I assumed the CEO had his office. Wow the personal assistant also had his cabin I sometimes really forget how loaded the guy was which is crazy.

I knocked on his door and entered once he answered which was pretty weird for me, the guy was cute he had blond hair and green eyes and an angular jaw and was dressed in a grey suit.

"Hello I am Mia Warren I am the head of the oriental hotel project I had to discuss something with Mr.King is he available if he not I can come other time its fine" I introduce myself to him while still finding reasons to run in the other direction.

"Hello I am Chris wood, and no Mr. King is available infact he is been expecting you can go inside" Chris says while I think about how much of an ass Aiden is.

Expecting me my ass more like waiting to grill me alive.

"Okay I'll go thankyou nice to meet you" I thank him. "Nice to meet you too" he says while I exit his cabin while reaching the douche's office.

Okay here goes nothing.

I knock on his door and wait for him to reply once I hear it I enter.

"Good Morning Mr.King"  okay I am trying to act as much as professionally I could with him.

"Oh Good morning Miss Warren I was expecting you tell me how can I help you." he says well that is good we both are still alive great start.

"I am just here to discuss the short term goals with you I have lined them down and the long term ones have already been put up and seen by you I just bought them with me if you want to study them so if you have time we can start now" I am quite proud of how I spoke totally sticking to the subject nothing unprofessional.

"I was thinking Miss Warren if you could elaborate them as you need to relate them with the short term ones  and also you can explain your ideas with it then we can decide to scratch it or keep it." Just when I thought were going well he had to ruin it I had just bloody explained them yesterday twice and then too 

Fucking asshole.

"Okay Mr. King as you wish " I started to explain them while linking my ideas to it so that I don't have to explain them again, I did quite well and the look on his face just showed that I know the ideas were also quite good so he could not reject it, ya take that bitch.

"Well I am impressed miss Warren they are quite good" he suprisingly complements me, I silently say a thankyou.

"I know you must be thinking why did I offered you this position while you seriously lacked the required experience" he insulted me in his fancy british voice .

"Yes the thought crossed my mind but then I came to the conclusion it might be one of your jerkish ways to get back at me am I right or right?" I retort if he thought I was going to tremble in front of him, well think again.

Just as I expected he was angry he had clenched his jaw so much tightly I was afraid it was going to break he tried to compose himself.

"You have quite the way of words Miss Warren I am afraid it might get you in trouble" he gives his opinion on my way of sass. 

"So I am told but as far as I am concerned about getting in trouble I am sure it is worth after all truth is bitter"  well if you can't handle my words then your fault.

He leaves his side of desk and over to my side simultaneously I stand so that he doesn't tower over me, well it can be less while standing.

"I gave you this position but remember that you will leave it on your own." he says with a glint in his eyes.

"Now why in the world would I do that " I ask thoroughly confused.

"Well let me break it to you, it is going to difficult for you to work I'll make sure of it as I said and by the end of the month you'll give up on your own because if I remove you it won't be that bad sure it will do harm as quitting the project with Kings no doubt will tarnish your reputation in the corporate world but what is fun in that? What I really want is that you leave on your own cause that way not only you'll  loose but also Mr.Lee will loose in his strong opinion about your capabilities and I figured that'll hurt you more." he finishes explaining his wicked plan to get revenge at me looks like the tables are turned now I am feeling like an erupting volcano.

"Lets see who wins I am sure by the end of month you'll be the one to regret because in your grand plan of revenge you forget one tiny loophole" I say trying to rein in my anger.

"I can assure you Miss Warren you will be the one to cry at the end of the month and there is absolutely nothing wrong in my plan because when a King plans the other one is doomed to fall" he says cockily.

"I can tell you what is wrong, you want me to quit on my own it is really nice one but here is loop hole. You can complain about anything I do wrong but not remove me so that leaves me with the bonus of getting back at you I will do my work quite perfectly even which you will give to make it hard but I can only tell you to watch your back because I will get back at you as you'll not know which way is the hit. You are right when the King plans the other person falls, but after some time he gets too confident thinking no one can over throw him well that second his downfall starts" I elaborate with a smirk the only thing that can be used against him and that is going to hit hard well because I am not one to accept defeat easily.

When he realises his mistake he comes close to me, " Well that also means you also can't complain about how much ever work I give you anytime. You know what I am capable of, the whole world knows. You are the going down by the end of this month." he says confidently believing that I'll give up.

"Yes it is true I won't say anything I'll do till no matter what day it is or what time. And yes I know what you are capable but here is the real deal you don't know what I am capable of and before this you might have never lost but this time King, you will loose." I say with equal confidence no matter if he keeps me till 10 or calls on sunday for work I'll do it.

We stare down at each other and I am not the one who is going to look away first I was the one to stare at my crush in his eyes for 30 seconds for a dare well we all know that is not at all easy. Just as I thought the door was opened abruptly and he broke the eye contact I had a small victory dance in my head.

"Whoa who are you trying to kill ?" an unfamiliar voice says I turn around to see a guy in a grey suit who had dusty complexion with brown hair which were kind of messy.

A bit of crooked nose as if he was hurt by something or someone with blue eyes which were a bit lighter than Aiden's and a jaw which had a bit of beard he wasn't buff but was fairly built he was probably 5'8 inches  what was this were the hell where this people all my life.

"You okay Aiden if you have murdered anyone we have the best lawyer with us and I always wanted to bury a body" again the same person speaks while a broad smile on his face like his dream just got accomplished, well people have weird dreams.

"Shut up Caelum though you are right, Aiden you seriously didn't kill anyone did you?" Another person enters and questions now that I looked at him it was Augustine, Hannah's boyfriend.

Augustine had a sandy complexion with grey eyes and black hair, unlike both of them Augustine had no beard which highlighted his sharp jawline he was fairly 5'7 or 5'8 inches dressed in a black suit he looked quite dashing.

"Augustine?" I voice and now all the eyes are directed me, whelp too much attention.

"Hello there I didn't see you there beautiful, I am Caelum Rivera you might have heard about me" the other person who introduces himself quite cockily.

"Mia, what are you doing here?" Augustine questions.

"Wait you both know each other?" Aiden and Caelum ask, too many questions people.

"Yes She is Hannah's best friend I have met her" luckily Augustine answers the question.

"I am working on a project with the Kings Inc. that is why I am here." I explain him.

"Oh okay that explains it"Augustine says with a nod.

"Wait you are Hannah's friend that is unbelievable." Aiden voices I mean what can be so hard to understand in that.

"And why is that?" I question him.

"I have met Hannah and she is more mature in handling situations but you on the other hand. Well you don't exactly strike as a mature type you should learn from your friend more." he says while insulting me in front of his friends which his totally unprofessional, well I also can act like that.

"You can't exactly accept me to bow down to you while you insult me and believe me hannah will be worse in this situation. I won't follow you around like a dog unlike the others who do."I say while glaring at him hoping he would burn due to that.

"Burn. Aiden you just got roasted, mia that was awesome." Caelum says while Augustine tries to hide his smile.

"Thanks Caelum I try,well I'll leave you guys now." I say walking towards the door.

"Wait Miss Warren will you get me the reports of your company regarding this project I am sure Mr.Lee might have informed you." Aiden requests or more like demands.

"But that is supposed to be given at end of this week Mr.lee had informed me." he had told me to submit the reports by the the end of this week though I already had started it but if he wanted today I have to sit by the end of the day.

I watch as both Augustine and Caelum look at him like he had lost it I mean they also might know that is impossible to complete in one day.

"Are you doubting me Miss Warren and if you can't do it you can leave it is fine." He says as if accepting me to leave on the first day.

"No I can do it you'll have it on your table by the end of the day. Will that be all Mr. King?" I look in his eyes trying to say that you can try harder that but I am not going to loose.

"Yes that will be all Miss Warren you may leave "with that I nod at augustine and Caelum I walk out without sparing any other glance at the douche. 

Once I reach my office I tell my assistant to get all the files on the oriental project. With that I start my work I skip my lunch because then I won't be able to complete the reports today while cursing that idiot.

I mean okay I might have gone too far with the insults but he also had thrown his enough share of insults at me doesn't that makes us equal but no' I am King and I can do anything' of his attitude had to make an appearance.

At some point of time I had started to drift I looked at the clock and see that is already 8 my team had already left there was no way I am going to keep them here with the extra work just because  I am working.t I make a coffee for myself and start the bloody work again. By 10 I released a breath of relief I had finally had finished it.

 Collecting the reports I walk towards his office, as no one else except the guards were present the silence was disturbing and I was bloody scared out of my mind, its just I kind of get freaked out to walk long corridors alone I finally reach his office. He most probably works everyday till 11 only I mean just because you don't have  life outside work doesn't mean the others also don't have. 

I knock on his door and when he answers I enter, " Mr. King the reports you requested I have completed " I keep the completed file on his desk while he takes it examines whether I had really done it or not.

"Good I see you have really completed it, well you can't exactly blame me for having doubts" still insulting me huh what more I could I accept.

"Well I have often known to prove people wrong regarding my capabilities" I could have said something insulting but honestly I just wanted to go home and eat something I was starving like crazy and was hardly functioning on coffee.

"Okay you may leave Miss Warren you have your own car right?" he asks suddenly.

"Yes I have" I answer thinking why he was suddenly asking that.

" Its late that is why was asking I didn't wanted you to travel in a cab alone well than drive safe, Night" okay he is not that bad I think with a smile on my face.

"Good Night Mr.King " he nods without looking up.

"Don't be late tomorrow Miss Warren it might not do good for you" You what scratch that he is an asshole.

"yes Mr.king"

I walk out while thinking about a payback he had played now the turn was mine, you better watch your back Mr.King.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that was a lot of stare down

Who do you think is going to win ?

Are you team Mia or team Aiden?

Make sure to comment and vote.

Happy reading.

Thank you so much for the 130 reads guys.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

9.6M 458K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
431K 15.1K 50
All rights reserved. ~ ~DUAL POV~ ~ Azalea and Aiden have never gotten along. Despite the absurdity of it, they have been rivals since birth. But...
223K 12.5K 42
~The story revolves around a tale as old as time. The beauty and the beast, pain and passion~ ~Raizel Deluca~ ~Coral Thompson~ Two very different an...
25K 685 55
MATURE LANGUAGES/SWEARS AND CURSES #*@#.💋 MATURE CONTENTS 😈😈😈😈😈😈 A twisted story filled with drama, comedy, terror, sex, love, hate and power...