The Hybrid

By sarahkayy09

I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking... More

1. Alone
2. Run
3. Alpha
4. Escape
5. Tyler
6. Breathe
7. Apple Pie
8. Gone
9. Rogue
10. Russell
11. Addison
12. Behave
13. Try me
14. Puddin cup
15. Red eyes
16. Hunters
17. Hunted
18. King of the Savages
Flashes
Curiosity
Drowning in my Sorrows
Frozen arguements
Sweet dreams
Other Motives
Party Crashers
Falling Kisses
Alive
Choking on Memories
Cold Weather and Warm Kisses
Return
Old Friend
Caged Memories
Memory
Sickness and Health
Mourn
Emotions
With me
Shatter
Challenged
Cheater Cheater
The pain that follows
The Only Way Out
Fall into the Darkness
City lights and starry nights
Trial and error
The Day I died
New Beginning
Gone With the Wind
A Place I call my Own
Epilogue

What if

4K 119 2
By sarahkayy09

Alex-

I reach the bottom floor of the building, pushing my way out the front door. I am met with a dark street and gape at the cars whipping by.

I have never been to a human city. They are huge.

"You can't just walk away from me." I hear Liam's velvety voice whisper behind me.

I wipe a few tears away and turn to face him, straightening myself.

"You told me you would show me what it was like, to be a- a vampire." I gesture my arms outward at the city. "So show me."

A smirk creeps onto his face as he grabs my hand, leading me down the road.

We walk for several minutes until we make our way over a hill and I stop. Below the hill is a massive glowing building. Lights of all colors spray out into the night sky.

"This is where the real fun begins." He yanks my arm, running us closer.

I feel faster now. I was quick before, but something else propels my legs towards the flashing lights. In an instant we are at the doors of the glowing building.

I see people entering in with smiling faces. They are all dressed properly, in short and glittering dresses that are illuminated by the building.

I stare down at my own over-sized t shirt and frown. The white shirt is covered in dirt and I must look like a homeless person.

"Don't worry, love" He says patting my hand and leading me to the entrance.

We enter the building and I realize it is a casino. My eyes widen at the tall ceiling covered in stained glass and precious decorations.

In the middle of the big room is a desk, I assume to check in. We approach the desk and the clerk gives me a strange look.

He looks bored. He wears a tuxedo and has a gold plated name tag that reads "Carl."

He looks me up and down as we approach.

"ID's please." He doesn't acknowledge me, looking directly at Liam.

Liam is actually presentable for a place like this, wearing his typical jeans and white t shirt covered by a black leather jacket. His hair is styled to perfection and he flashes a grin at the clerk.

"Sorry, mate, we don't seem to have any." He pretends to search his clothing for identification.

"Well then that means, no gaming for you." Carl gives fake sympathy then waves his hand to shoo us away.

Liam's smile falters and he locks eyes with Carl.

"We do not need identification."

Carl is locked in his gaze, emotionless for a moment. Then he nods and gives us a wide smile repeating.

"You two do not need identification. Enjoy." Then waves us through into the casino.

"Is that what I look like every time you compel me?" I giggle, mocking his stupid face.

Liam chuckles, his hand leading me by the small of my back. He surveys the room for a moment.

It is darker in here, glowing machines ding and I see tables with people surrounding them throwing dice. Others hang out by the bar, drinking their night away.

"it's your turn now." He turns to me, "see that woman over there in that lovely red dress."

I look over his shoulder and see a woman standing near the bar. She is alone though. She has red hair that falls from her head all the way down to her ass. She wears a tight red dress with an open back. She matches it with a pair of shiny stilettos.

"Lock eyes with her, and tell her to come with you." he isn't joking. "Then swap clothes and pop back in here."

He wants me to try a mind trick on her? How can I even do that?

"What if it doesn't work?" I stammer. What if she calls the human enforcement.

"Then just drain her of blood." He points out.

I can't tell if he was joking or not. He nudges me towards her.

I take small steps to meet up with her, my heart racing.

"Um-Hey" I blurt out. She turns towards me in a graceful manor.

"Yes? Hello." she smiles brightly. Her teeth are really white.

I take a deep breath.

I stare into her eyes.

"Come with me to the bathroom."

She simply nods, gracefully at that, then we waltz to the bathroom.

We reach the massive blue bathroom, it is surprisingly empty in here. I am shaking ferociously at this point.

"Um- swap clothes with me." I run a hand through my hair.

She furrows her amber eyebrows, tilting her head to the side.

"Why would I do that?"

I stare into her eyes again, this has to work.

"I said, swap clothes with me-uh please."

She giggles and then her face grows serious.

"If you're trying to rob me then you aren't doing such a good job, hun." She has a hint of a southern accent to her.

Shit. This isn't working. Did it even work the first time?

On impulse, I grab her pretty little head and shove it into the sink. With a crash, she falls to the floor. Blood seeps out of the spot where she hit.

I cringe. I'm sorry lady.

I use shaky hands and unzip her dress.

I take everything. Dress, heels, and a diamond bracelet she wears on her left wrist. Changing quickly, I shove her into the stall with me, dressing her in my old t-shirt.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper out.

Then my eyes see it again. The blood running a small line down her forehead into her eyebrow. I cock my head at it, it is like I am drawn to it.

I shake off my jitters and lock the stall door. She is propped up on the toilet, she will most likely wake up in an hour or so.

I slip under the stall and rush out of the bathroom, my heels clicking with each step I take.

I wobble out of the bathroom. Heels are not easy to walk in. I am immediately greeted by Liam, who rakes my body with his eyes.

"You look ravishing." He muses, eyes full of lust.

"So much for mind tricks." I scoff, looking past him at the other people in the room.

Everybody plays their games. So unaware of the creatures they live among.

He tilts his head, studying my eyes. "It didn't work?"

"Nope," I say popping the p, "but don't worry she isn't dead."

He gives me an amused look.

I feel stronger now. I am no longer the weak hybrid who cannot take a punch. I feel a new power within me.

"Just wait until you feed." he says as if he can read my thoughts.

"You mean drink blood."

"We can get to that later," he grabs my hand, "Now let us have a good night"

And we join the party. We play a few slot games, not winning anything. He tells me this place is rigged. Casinos make money from people wishing to win. They feel lucky when they win the machine games but in reality it is just a pattern.

The night is a blast. We hang out at the casino for hours, draining the night away. I throw back drinks like water, taking in the last freedom I have.

~~~~

We sit on the roof of the casino, surveying the town below. It is late at night, but the city is still glowing. The wind is chilly but not as cold as it once was.

"I can't run away with you." I finally choke out, breaking the silence.

"I can't be your trophy again, Liam." I drag my gaze from the city to meet his eyes. "I belong to nobody. And even though Tyler and I wont be together, I can't just live on the run."

His expression softens. He takes a moment of silence, contemplating if he should speak or not.

"You were never a trophy in my eyes. Maybe once, but you haven't been seen as an object to me in a long time. " he breathes out, gaze falling to the street hundreds of feet below us.

"You make me feel something I have never felt before. I wanted to protect you. But I also didn't want to ruing your life." He looks sad.

"Kai was searching for you before I knew of you. Your pack released the information about your parents infidelity. Once word reached to him and I, he sent his men to destroy your pack. I went to retrieve you for myself but then I finally met you and everything changed."

I furrow my brows for a moment. Did he actually care about me?

It dawns on me. He didn't kill my pack. Kai did. I am the reason they died, all because of my birthright.

"Oh." was the only words I could choke out. My head was swirling with this information. That and the mix of alcohol I had had. I could throw up right about now.

He put his hand over mine, drawing my eyes back to his.

"Alex I'm sorry for what happened to you. And I promise I will never stop trying to protect you."

I believed him. All of my walls finally fell. I saw the truth in his eyes.

"I care about you, Alexandra." My name rolls off his tongue.

My eyes flicker to his lips. Just as he leans in to kiss me I pull away.

"I have to go back."

His eyes darken, not in anger but in sadness. He nods his head.

"But first you must feed."

"I do not wish to kill again, Liam."

"Who said anything about death?" He said.

Then he jumped from the top of the building.

My jaw dropped.

He lands gracefully on the streets beneath me, waving his arms for me to follow.

I slowly curse under my breath.

Then I let go of the ledge and fall.

The way down is terribly long. I fall and fall until my feet impact the ground.

He grabs my arm, steadying me so I don't topple over.

"Follow my lead." He commands, grabbing the hand of another girl with his free hand. She swings around to meet his gaze.

"Hello there." he smiles at her, "Now be a good girl and follow us." he compels her.

We walk into an alley. I have a bad feeling deep in my stomach. Am I really about to do this?

"You will feel better after, trust me." He gives my hand a squeeze.

The girl wears a dress similar to mine, only hers is jeweled. She stands there, frozen as a board.

I take a deep breath, bringing her arm up to my mouth.

Closing my eyes I sink my fangs into her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

471K 23.9K 41
When Leah is gifted with an abusive mate, you'd think she would give up on werewolves altogether. But a new experience opens her mind and heart to pa...
1.4M 35.8K 37
*not edited* The prophecy says that every thousand years, Alpha twins would be born. They would share the same mate and share the Alpha power equall...
1.2M 42.9K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
105K 3.6K 27
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I questioned trying to get out of Tommy's grip as he pulled me down the stairs. "We're leaving." He respon...