Oh, Ophelia | Tom Riddle

By Maebelletree

Honey, I love you That's all she wrote Oh, Ophelia You've been on my mind, girl, like a drug Oh, Ophelia Hea... More

Heaven Help a Fool Who Falls in Love
Act One - Characters
Anyone can change, I promise
Rounds
Potions
Slug Club
Wandless magic? Huh? No.
Crushes
Nott Blocked
Courage.
Honey, honey
Hamlet
Don't feckin' joke
Inquisitive
Ingredients
Because she forgot her ribbon
Because she needed him
She cried.
Herself again
Because she made him laugh
Cramps
Put me down!
He remembered everything
You're meant to check out the books not the boys
She didn't show up
Blood traitor
Whoever did this was going to pay
Marigold
Go to hogsmeade with me
Because she was happy to meet him
She drove him crazy
Getting pretty
Honesty felt...good?
Clamour for his praise
EXPECTO PATRONUM
Ophelia Marigold and Tom Riddle - Casting Call
Happy for the first time
Fuck you, Dumbledore
I (make) love
Huh? Wha?
Summer
Summer part II
Back to Hogwarts
Act two - Character list
The Knights Of Walpurgis
What?
Hogwarts 1922
Tom's Diary
Grandma Marigold
Pre - Christmas
Help
Lolita
Meet Lolita
Hogwarts
Driving him Crazy
Drought
Mi Amore
In Which Tom Manipulates
Mine again.
Oop, my heart went oop
Jealousy
Happy Birthday, Baby!!!!
Grindelwald
Act 3
The City Of Angels
Call me Ophelia
Marry Me?
Fiance
I just want to feel something
Rehearsal dinner
Wedding day
Month of happiness | Carl
Aftermath
Act 4
Casino
Fuck Off
Piano Man
A blur
Perspectives
Broken
Misery
Dreams
Count Down To I Do
Blood
The Red Devil
Loose Ends
Firsts
Confrontation
This. This is a 'dangerous criminal'?
Nothing Really Matters
โœจself destructive tendenciesโœจ
Act 4 Scene 7
Anyone Can Change, I Promise

Nevermind, it's stupid

17.3K 633 256
By Maebelletree

"Patronuses." Said professor Merrythought, happily, as a little silvery Irish Bloodhound ran around the room. The professor waved her wand and the Patronus disappeared. "Very difficult to conjure." She said to the class.

Ophelia was on the edge of her seat completely enthralled with the concept of happiness saving your soul.

"Many of the most powerful wizards can only manage a few wisps of silvery magic." Said Merrythought. "To conjure a patronus you need a happy memory, a powerful memory. It can't be something like the first time you rode a broom, or when your favourite song came on the radio. It has to be the kind of memory that warms you from your head to your toes, consuming you. Then you say," the professor raised her wand, "expecto patronum."

The dog was back and Ophelia watched with eager golden eyes as the dog made its way to her and even knocked over some of her papers. She laughed and watched as it returned to Merrythought before disappearing.

"This spell is so simple yet so complex." Said Merrythought, "Which is why I am giving you until next class to think of a memory. Then we will see what you can do. Until then I expect seven inches on dementors and what they do to your soul. Any questions?"

Ophelia raised her hand, and the teacher nodded at her, "Can you give us an example of a memory, professor?"

"Excellent question, Miss Marigold, I think of my husband on our wedding day." Said Merrythought, "but when I was learning about them at your age I thought of a day at the beach with my family. Or lunches spent laughing with my friends. This is also why Patronuses can get stronger as you make stronger memories as you age." The professor turned her attention to someone else, and Ophelia felt the immediate relief at no longer being on the professor's radar.

"I think she means her wedding night." Whispered Primrose from beside her and she snickered. "Ten sickles says yours is going to be a badger."

"Nah, I think it's going to be something completely unpredictable. And yet makes total sense." Muttered Ophelia and she shook Primrose's hand sealing the bet. "Yours is going to be a bird, I can feel it."

"What memory do you think you'll use?" Asked Primrose.

"Well the one I would've used I can't anymore, so I haven't the slightest clue." She said, and Primrose sighed quietly.

"I think I'll either think of slumber parties in the dorm or slumber parties with Alastor." She said, happily.

"Rosie, you've been holding out on me." She said, the bell rang and they began to gather their things. "Tell me everything."

"Well it was no boat, but you never told me the prefects bathroom was so nice." Said Primrose and Ophelia's jaw dropped.

"Did you use..." asked Ophelia as they left the classroom, and Primrose rolled her eyes.

"Please, my mother put me on the potion as soon as I turned fourteen." Said Primrose as they walked out of the castle and to the big tree that stood beside the lake. "It's quite regular for pure blood heiresses, no one wants a forced marriage, well that kind of forced marriage."

"I see." Said Ophelia, pausing suddenly, "is Alastor there, will I have to endure an entire lunch of you two fawning over whose prettier?"

"Well, he is there but, I swear that will only go on for twenty minutes tops." She said, and Ophelia turned away, blowing her a kiss.

"Farewell, my friend, I would rather dine with the lions than with thee and thy boe." Said Ophelia over her shoulder.

"Have fun with your brother!" Said Primrose, watching her skip away.

Ophelia walked back into the school and set off in a hunt for her brother, knowing he never ate in the Great hall.

She rounded a corner and almost jumped half a foot when Tom tapped her on the shoulder. "Son of a fuck bitch. Fuck, Riddle, I jump scare easily."

"That's fairly obvious, its no wonder you're not a Gryffindor." He said, as she turned to face him. "Who are you looking for?"

"My Brother, I refuse to sit through an entire hour of Alastor and Primrose talking about how pretty the other is." Said Ophelia. "Well for a third time."

"Seriously?"

"You'd be surprised at how many synonyms there are for beautiful." She sighed, "But they are happy."

"Have you eaten, Marigold?" He asked and she shook her head.

"No." She replied looking at him quizzically, as though to say, Why do you care?

"The kitchens then?" He questioned, and she nodded.

"Lead the way." She replied, even though she fell into step beside him. "What do you think your patronus will be?"

He shrugged impassively. "I don't know."

"One of the most common Patronuses for Slytherin is a fox, or a snake." She supplied. "I bet you'll have a king cobra or something."

"Maybe." He said shortly, not thinking he would even manage a silvery strand of magic, and face utter humiliation.

"What if it's a basilisk?" She said, "I could totally see that." Ophelia was in a good mood, the sun shone through each window. She loved days like this, where you can feel the shift in the season.

"That was Slytherin's patronus." He commented, and she nodded. "I would be honoured."

They approached the kitchen and she tickled the pear. They walked in and thanked the house elves repeatedly as they were offered dish after dish. She finally took a sandwich and he did the same.

They left the kitchens and Ophelia led them to a window seat.

She leant against the wall, facing him crossed legged, he was only slightly turned to face her, as he bit into his sandwich.

"What are you going to use for your happiest memory?" Asked Ophelia, wondering whether this was the moment it turned out he actually had loads of fun with his friends.

"I don't think I have one strong enough." He said quietly, his expression completely blank and she frowned.

"What about from when you were a kid?" Asked Ophelia, leaning towards him, resting her chin in her hands and her elbows on her knees.

"None." He said, and her Honey eyes were suddenly wide and perceptive. He felt like she was peeling back his layers one by one until she found one she was satisfied with.

"Did you have a happy childhood, Riddle?" She asked scotching to be closer to him.

"Not particularly." He said, his composure shifting for a moment. Damn it she was a good friend, she could probably collect half the schools secrets and no one would ever know.

"What's the closest thing you have got to a happy memory, Riddle?" She asked. "And don't give me some bullshit answer like getting your Hogwarts letter."

"I wasn't going to, Marigold, do you really think so little of me?" He asked, and she rolled her eyes at him. He was currently surrounded by the smell of Honey.

"Don't be a shithead, riddle, I'm trying to help you." She said, "now give me a happy memory."

"I don't know, Marigold, I suppose yours will be with the family friend?" He said coldly. He felt regret nipping at the back of his skull when she looked down and out the window.

She shook her head before standing up, "Never mind, it's stupid." She said, before collecting her bag. And walking away.

Ophelia walked quickly until she was out of his eyeline and she sped walked to the nearest bathroom. She shut the door, her breathing hitching as tears escaped her.

She couldn't use any of the memories she had of him anymore, the memory of seeing his name in the death announcements would always over shadow them all. How she had fallen way faster than him. She was sixteen and he was about to turn eighteen. She thought he was perfect.

I mean he had a fucking boat. He had a brain. She shook her head. Ophelia would have to banish him from her thoughts. Easier said than done. Sometimes teenagers fall head over heels for someone they spend little time with, so everyone around them thinks it means nothing. When in fact to the teenager it is everything. Or at least most stuff.

Ophelia took a deep breath and left the stall, washing her face and drying it before leaving the bathroom.

She adjusted her book bag on her shoulder and walked into the library, looking for Sandra. She wasn't there.

Ophelia went into the fiction section nonetheless, picked up a book and began reading it, sitting down and leaning against the book shelf, cross legged.

When the bell rang she rushed to charms class to see Sandra sitting there, saving her seat, she smiled at the sight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 5.4K 14
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ แด›สœแด‡ แดษชsแด›ส€แด‡ss แดา“ แด…แด‡แด€แด›สœ แด›ส€แด€แด แด‡สŸs ส™แด€แด„แด‹ ษชษด แด›ษชแดแด‡ ๐๐Ž๐‹๐˜ ; แด„ส€แดssแดแด แด‡ส€ copyright | @๐š๐ฏ๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข
364 5 35
"You love me?" "Of course I do idiot." A Harry Potter x Female OC I don't own Harry Potter or the music used on...
40.8K 718 69
my love, original version โฆ— goblet of fire โ‡พ deathly hallows draco malfoy x female! oc cover by ME! โฆ˜
40.9K 171 149
Matteo Riddle story Instagram story Matteo Riddle X OC