Desolate [SIRIUS BLACK]

Oleh sinfuldarling

❝ the heart can get really cold if all you've known is winter ❞ [harry potter - marauder era] Lebih Banyak

PREVIEW
EPIGRAPH
CAST
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

2.1K 60 18
Oleh sinfuldarling

( word count: 3,026  )

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

SECRETS IN THE DARK

"THE ROOM OF W-WHAT?" SEREN ASKED SIRIUS. The young girl's voice wasn't angry anymore, more confused. She also was very awkward as she was pressed up against Sirius. Seren was cognizant of how Sirius' left arm was against the closet wall and the other was skimming her wrist– as if testing her pulse. She pulled her arm away from his heated form and found it pressing against the closet wall.

"The Room of Requirement," Sirius said smoothly against her ear before pulling away slightly to look down at her shadowed frame. Neither could see each other completely besides their outlines and eyes.

"Why are we in here? In a closet?" Seren asked, her brows furrowed. She was content on leaving Sirius alone with Marlene, why did he have to follow her? 

"Because you keep avoiding me!" Sirius said in a cool tone, he had lost his animosity towards Seren the moment he held her hand and pulled her into the Room of Requirement. Sirius lost his train of thought on what he was about to say... Being so close to Seren made his head go dizzy. He couldn't think– he just knew that Seren was centimeters away from him. "I don't like watching you walk away from me." 

"I didn't want to interrupt your 'moment' with Marlene, Sirius." Seren sighed, looking down. "Marlene has hated me for so long and I don't want her to murder me for talking to you."

"That's ridiculous," Sirius rolled his eyes but realised that Seren couldn't see him. "I can talk to you whenever I want. Also, I won't let her kill you."

Seren chuckled under her breath, "Sirius, even though this is an enlightening conversation... we're still in a closet." 

"Exactly," Sirius smirked. "You can't run away if we're here."

It was getting harder to breath for Seren. She felt intoxicated from butter beer but she wasn't– it was just being close to Sirius made her flustered. "Sirius? Can you just get this done with?" 

"Seren, break up with Lucius." 

"I knew that was coming," Seren breathed out. The Gryfindor and Slytherin rivalry was real. For some reason the two of them had a magnetic attraction to one another and neither of them could avoid it. "Why should I?"

"Because Malfoy isn't good for you," Sirius said. Seren jumped as she felt his hand trace her exposed skin. "He's a Slytherin... He hates me..."

Seren thought Sirius was doing that to distract her but in reality, he was just so enthralled being so close to her. It was new territory for them both and each knew this was strange.   

"I can't break up with him because of that, those aren't real reasons. And that's your bias." Seren tried to argue but her voice faded. 

Seren stared up at Sirius with the little vision she had, noticing how his lips were parted slightly and his brows scrunched in concentration. She wanted to kiss him. Should she?

"Sirius?" 

"Yes, Seren?" 

Seren cursed Merlin as she got on her tippy toes and kissed Sirius, her lips meeting the corner of his lips. She pulled away from her own sudden kiss, realising that it was a mistake. It's not like he would kiss her back.

"I'm so sorr–" Seren was cut off with a kiss from Sirius that was full of urgency. The young girl's eyes closed in bliss as she let Sirius Black kiss her. Their kiss was full of passion and Seren felt as if her stomach was full of warm butterbeer and butterflies. She didn't feel that with Lucius. 

Wait, Lucius!

Seren pulled out of the kiss with a pant, regret written on her face. "I am so sorry Sirius."

"Don't be," Sirius pulled away from her, clearing his throat awkwardly. "Malfoy?" Seren nodded her head, too embarrassed to speak. "It's okay Seren," Sirius' voice was a bit ruff and he ran a hand through his hair. 

"I'm such a bad person," Seren moaned. "Why do you do this to me Sirius?!"

"Do what to you?" Sirius was definitely intrigued in the question she posed to him. 

"Make me feel things that I shouldn't!" Seren was extremely frustrated.

Sirius sighed, "let's change venues." He knew that he should take her out of closet so they could have a real conversation where they can communicate effectively rather than stay in the dark.  

"How?! You were the one who chose this weird closet!"

Sirius smirked, "it's not just a closet." Within five seconds the dark room around her transformed into a library that was dimly lit.

Seren's green eyes lit up just like the room as she witnessed its transformation. "How did you find this place?!"

"It's a secret," Sirius said with a smirk, knowing that one day he would tell her. "Is this better than a closet?"

"Yes, much better," Seren breathed out. "It's a library... and storage?" She noted how there were odds and ends scattered around the large room. 

"It's where people dump things they want hidden. This is pretty much a secret so don't tell anyone this place exists." 

"I won't... can I use this place?" 

"Sometimes you can! If someone else is already using it you can't really enter. Unless you know who is inside and what they're in." 

"Who knows?"

"You," Sirius told her simply. "I haven't even told the lads."

"You haven't?"

"Not yet, sometimes... sometimes I need space from James, ya know?" Sirius scratched his head, embarrassed to admit it aloud. Sirius? Needing space from James? It was unheard of. 

"If I promise to keep this a secret... can you do the same?"

"Seren, what is it?" Sirius was cautious. 

"Help me become an animagus." Seren stated proudly. "I will do it with you or without you." 

"This again?" Sirius groaned, burying his hands in his long dark hair. She knew he would be reluctant to help her. He had avoided this topic at all costs ever since she brought it up. 

"Yes again!" Seren exclaimed, "if you want your secret kept, help me." Seren knew that the leverage of this room might be the perfect advantage. If he hadn't told James about this room, he was really striving to keep the Room of Requirement a secret.

"I think I'm going to regret this..." Sirius sighed, pulling out a chair nearby. 

º   º   º

IT WAS THE NIGHT OF THE HALLOWE'EN FEAST and Sirius was unenthusiastic about meeting Marlene downstairs. The Feast itself was amazing, but afterwards it was tradition for the Houses to have their own "after party" in Hogsmeade. It was always Fifth Years and up who would attend. The Marauders were planning on going to stir some trouble up but somehow, James and Sirius had dates! The sensible Remus had decided no prank would be made while the two boys were on dates... that wouldn't be practical.

James was buzzing from excitement– somehow, Potter had managed to get a yes from Lily. He was over the moon to be taking the girl of his dreams to the Feast. 

The redheaded Gryffindor only said yes if he promised no pranks for the next two weeks. Seren told Lily that James would have given up pranks for a month if it meant he got to go on a date with her. 

"You ready, mate?" Remus asked Sirius as he sat against his window, staring out at the light rain. It was cold outside but not too cold for winter weather to arrive. 

Sirius wasn't ready but he followed his friends downstairs. He didn't want to be with Marlene... he wanted to see Seren.

º    º    º

SEREN HUMMED TO HERSELF AS SHE DESCENDED THE staircase. Lily was frantically getting ready for her date with James. Seren did not want to be nearby because Lily was too flustered to be around. Seren was reading a book but decided it was time for her to go down to the feast and meet Lucius. 

"Seren!" 

The dark haired Gryffindor turned around, her dress spinning with her. Her face lit up at the sight of Lucius Malfoy walking towards her with a bright smile on his face. She was pleased to see Lucius but not happy to see his croonies behind him: Anton Dolohov and Mulciber.

"Guess what!" Lucius grinned as he kissed Seren's cheek in greeting. "I've been announced as a Prefect!"

"Congratulations Lucius," Seren smiled at her partner, happy to see him smiling with joy for once. Normally his smile was laced with distain for another. 

"Shall we?" Lucius motioned towards the front doors that would lead them to Hogsmeade. Seren didn't see the dark glint to his eyes as his gaze trailed up and down her body. 

"Don't you want to go to the Feast?" 

"I'm not that hungry.. I would rather have some alone time with you in Hogsmeade." 

"Are they coming too?" Seren asked wearily as she noticed Anton and Mulciber following behind them a few kilometers away. They had passed the gates to Hogwarts and nearby some trees. It was oddly quiet and Seren was nervous. They were between Hogwarts and Hogsmeade and neither were close enough for bystanders. Seren did not enjoy being alone suddenly. The energy surrounding the Slytherins were different than before. 

"Yeah, they don't care about the Feast so they're coming too." Lucius told her, pulling Seren close to him. "I'm a Prefect now, Seren, I can do whatever I want!" 

"Oh," Seren frowned, not liking being surrounded by the Slytherins. "Do they have come with us though?" 

"What? Do you not like the company?" 

Suddenly, Seren did not want to be with Lucius. She paused in her tracks as the two followers appeared next to Seren, her senses failing her. How did she not hear them approach her?

"Yeah, Seren, what's the matter, love?" Anton crooned at her, a finger trailing up her arm. "Flipendo!"

Seren yelped as she was shoved down to the moist ground by a hex. She was nervously looking around to find a way to escape. The young girl looked up at the three Slytherins

"Alarte ascendare," Seren yelled bravely as she pointed her wand at the three wizards surrounding her. Each of the boys yelped in surprise as their bodies flew into the air and hovered for a moment. 

Seren knew she only had thirty seconds to bolt and she didn't even wait to see their bodies slam down into the ground. She was sprinting towards Hogsmeade at full speed. The bright witch closed the door to the Three Broomsticks behind her and walked up to the barkeep, Madam Rosmerta.

"I would like to purchase a room for the night," Seren said calmly. 

Madam Rosmerta raised an eyebrow in suspicion, knowing full well that Seren Lupin was a student. Nonetheless, the older woman noticed the panicked look on the younger woman's face and motioned to her upstairs. "Room three will be yours, darling. You can pay me tomorrow when you check out." 

Seren nodded and ran up the stairs and slammed the door shut behind her. Did she dare stay the night? Should she return to the castle? She had no idea what to do. 

º   º   º

THREE HOURS HAD PASSED AND SEREN WAS ANXIOUS. She could hear the clamour of students downstairs and knew that leaving with fellow Gryffindors would be the best solution. She didn't want to get in trouble for staying in Hogsmeade without permission. 

Seren noticed Xenophilius Lovegood, a Ravenclaw amongst the students downstairs and felt comfortable approaching him. 

"Hi Xeno," Seren awkwardly butted into his conversation. The blond Ravenclaw smiled warmly at the Gryffindor. "Have you seen any Gryffindors recently?"

"Yeah, they all left five minutes ago... if you leave now you can catch up to them!" 

"Thank you, Xeno!" Seren bolted to the doorway and opened it, running into the streets. She couldn't wait to find her friends–––

A shriek ripped from her throat as she was yanked from the brightly lit street into a dark alleyway. Her heart sank as she knew who it was– Lucius. She could tell just by the aura surrounding her. 

"L—Let go of me, Lucius," Seren whispered underneath him. She was completely defenseless as his body pinned her to the wall. She couldn't see anything in the dark but could tell it was just him and her– neither Anton or Mulciber was with him. "Whatever you're doing please stop!" 

"No," Lucius groaned as he inhaled her scent, dropping his head to rest in the crevice of her shoulder and neck. Seren stiffened as his breath hit her neck and she prayed to Merlin to help her. "You are the perfect toy for me... I'm not done with you..."

"Please stop," Seren attempted to push him away but knew it wouldn't help. The alleyway they were in was at the edge of town– barely out of reach from the wandering students at the Three Broomsticks. She was in deep shit. "This isn't like you!"

"Not like me? Darling, you barely even know me." Lucius' wand was suddenly at her neck. "No bitch is going to embarrass me in front of my friends either."

At the end of the alleyway, in the light of a lantern was an angel– Lily Evans came to rescue her friend. It's not like Lily knew what was going on but her best friend had been missing all day and if Lucius was involved, she knew it wouldn't be good. 

"Get off of her!" Lily was standing at the end of the alley, her wand pointed at Lucius. The brave Gryffindor's face was flushed red as she prepared herself mentally against Lucius Malfoy. As students it was rare to duel besides in class sessions. Although she was an A student, she had never been in a real life duel. 

"Stupid Mudblood," Lucius hissed out as Seren dashed away from the wall with the red headed girl getting tugged with her. Although Lily had come to save her, Seren pushed her friend behind her. Lucius hated Lily and Seren wasn't going to let him touch Lily. She had never heard him use that derogatory word before and it pained her to see this different side of Lucius. How was she so gullible? 

A scream ripped from Seren's throat as Lily watched in horror as Lucius repinned Seren to the wall, his wand pulled out and against Seren's throat. Seren was in shock from the change in the Slytherin– she hadn't seen him like this before.

"You stupid bitch," Lucius seethed. "You're mine– sit still like a good little girl and you won't get hurt–"

Seren spat on Lucius. Literally spat on him, straight in the face, stunning the blond Slytherin. "You are going to regret that–" 

"Will I?" Seren seethed in anger as his hold tightened on her. His want was still in one hand but the other was twisting her arm behind her back. 

"Petrificus Totalus!" Lucius cast a spell, his wand pointing at Lily. Seren struggled against him, upset her friend had been immobilised. Definitely not good. 

"I hate you," Seren cursed Merlin for making her naive against Lucius' charm. 

"You won't for long," Lucius smirked, "I have a plan for you– don't you worry. I'm just going to play with you first."

Seren stared in horror as the tip of Lucius' wand turned yellow, "Silencio."  

Any attempts to escape were limited as her screams for help were silenced as his wand began to glow red. 

"Crucio!" 

Searing pain shook Seren to the bone. It felt as if her skin was burning, peeling off, and as if her bones were being shattered. 

"Listen to me," it was hard to though. Seren's body was drenched in sweat. She barely even noticed that she was collapsed on the ground at Lucius' feet. Lucius smirked, he liked her at his feet, it was the right of the woman to be at the man's disposal. "LISTEN TO ME!"

Seren whimpered, tears falling freely. She didn't know what to do, she was helpless. Seren nodded, ready for whatever was to happen.

"You, my dear, are mine. Got it?" Lucius dropped down to Seren's eye level. A single finger stroked the side of her face. "Whatever happens next will be because you're mine, okay?"  

"Let her go!"

A blast from a wand pushed Lucius off of Seren and Seren couldn't be more happy. She choked on her own breath, her tears stopping for a split second.

Standing in the entrance to the alleyway was Sirius Black and James Potter. Both of their faces full of fury.  

"Confundus," Lucius muttered, pointing his wand at the four Gryffindors scattered around the alley. Each of them, to some degree, were forgetting what was happening. 

A sob ripped from Seren's throat as the figure walked away, leaving the Gryffindors alone. Movement began again as each Gryffindor remembered where they were... just not sure what had just happened. 

A sigh was heard from above her and Seren flinched as something touched her. She peeked through her tears to see Sirius had draped his outer robe over her, crouching beside her. His dark shaggy hair was pushed back to show his concerned face. 

Sirius' eyes stared at her, waiting for her to stand up, Seren shook her head. She couldn't stand, not yet anyways. 

"H–He's a m–monster," Seren hiccuped. Everything was foggy around her as the memory of pain pulsated still.

James was muttering under his breath as he helped Lily up from her frozen position. She had tears in her eyes as well but was trying to be brave for Seren. 

"Let's not go that way..." James stated, watching the figure of Malfoy disappear in the direction of the castle. "Let's wait awhile before we go back." Sirius sighed in agreement, pulling Seren up with him. He held her close to his chest, carrying her. Seren Lupin was surprised at the chivalry Sirius was showing but did not comment. 

As they walked back to the Three Broomsticks, Seren was glad that Sirius had her in his arms.

º   º   º

don't give me shit for the after party okay? i wanted something a bit unique than other stories...

if you couldn't tell i recasted lucius!

this chapter was super long so please comment ! 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

356K 10.9K 70
𝘈𝘥𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴... 𝘪𝘧 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥...
762K 21.2K 51
"𝘪 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘫𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘩...
6.5K 191 14
"𝙈𝙔 𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂, 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗘 𝗨𝗡𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗬 𝗠𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗟 𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗡 𝗠𝗬 𝗦𝗢𝗨𝗟." mara...
85.5K 3.5K 51
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .* Where it began, I can't begin to knowing But then I know it's growing strong Was in the spring And spring became the summ...