Keep Going

By ananonymouswriter19

"Keep going; make an effort to live normally despite difficulty" The greatest player the USWNT has ever seen... More

Prologue
A wake up call
Faces I cannot remember
A visit from Carlos
A legacy to hold
A visit from old faces
"Aloha means family. And family means no one gets left behind."
What actually happened?
Going back to normal
Getting back onto the pitch
Max Montgomery's Murder
Why did I file for divorce?
Taking care
Decisions
Daniella's Discussion
Let go of what you love
A deadbeat dad and a miracle
Epilogue

Background

2.6K 56 4
By ananonymouswriter19

Quite a lot comes up. An overview.

There's pictures, first one showing me in some sport jacket. There's a badge which had the letters USWNT on it. I see stars as well. Counting, there's...four of them?

There's others, most of them showing me in kit.
Soccer kit? There's one of me kissing an award or something.

Scrolling down to the profile I find.

Elanor "Ellie" Nicole Hunter is an American professional footballer who plays as a midfielder and captains both Spanish Club FC Barcelona Femení and the United States women's national soccer team.
Wikipedia
Still in shock, I continue to scroll down my profile.

Born: 12 August 1989 (30 years) Staten Island, New York, United States

Height: 1.67 m
Salary: 500,000 USD (2014)
Spouse: Devon Millard (m.2012)
Current teams: FC Barcelona Femení (#8/midfielder) , United States women's national soccer team (#8, midfielder)
Children: Daniella Adrianna Millard , Matteo Marcel Millard

There was a People also search for down below.
It showed the likes of Megan Rapinoe, Carli Lloyd, Tobin Heath (is that who Devon was talking about?) and Alex Morgan- wait.
She looks exactly like the person who came to see me. Dr. Gedler also addressed her as "Mrs. Morgan". Could it really be her?

Still intrigued, I hit onto the Wikipedia link that takes me to an article about myself...

Elanor "Ellie" Nicole Hunter (born 12th August 1989) is an American professional footballer who plays as a midfielder and captains both Spanish Club FC Barcelona Femení and the United States women's national soccer team. Often considered the best player in the world and by many to be the greatest player of all time, Hunter has won two Ballon D'or Féminins and three FIFA Women's World Cup Golden Ball.
Having been at six different clubs, Hunter has won 30 trophies in her club career, including four UEFA Women's Champions League titles, ten league titles and two Woman's FA Cup titles.
Known for prolific goal making and scoring, Hunter holds the record for most goals in a season (48), most assists in a season (60), most hat tricks in the UEFA Women's Champions League (10), most assists in the UEFA Women's Champions League (100) and the most goals (8) and assists (14)in a single FIFA Women's World Cup tournament.
Hunter has also registered over a hundred goals and assists for the United States Women's National Soccer Team.

It then cut to a photo of me also in a jacket that had USWNT on it. However there were only three stars above the badge.
The caption read
Hunter with United States at the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup

That explains why I look so serious.

It then showed my profile which even though I knew my personal information, I still read.
There was now club information though, which was new:
Senior Career*
Years                Team                      Apps (Gls)
2006-2008 Arsenal W.F.C 66 (36)
2008-2011  1.FFC Frankfurt  107 (75)
2011-2014   Tyresö FF 92 (70)
2014-2018  Olympique Lyonnais 110 (100)
2018-        FC Barcelona Femení 78 (84)

Now I looked towards the National Team.

National team≠
2004-2006 United States U18 10 (10)
2006- United States 288 (124)

Then it was onto the international honours I guess.

Honours
Olympic Games
🥇 2008 Team
Beijing

🥇 2012 Team
London
🥇 2020 Team
Tokyo

FIFA Women's World Cup
🥉 2007 Team
China

🥈 2011 Team
Germany

🥇 2015 Team
Canada
🥇 2019 Team
France

Born to United States Hero Sabrina Hernandez
and record Olympic Medallist Marco Hunter , Hunter lived with her parents until their tragic suicide pact when she was eight.
Relocating to Los Angeles to live with her grandparents, Hunter was encouraged to play soccer and caught attention from scouts which enabled her to play and rapidly go up, the youth set ups until she made her debut at the tender age of 16, scoring the winner in the process.

With much media hype already, Hunter opted against going to College and signed a professional contract with Arsenal, making her one of the youngest players to do so.
Winning the UEFA Women's Champions League in her debut season, the league in both seasons as well as winning as being the top scorer in both campaigns, Hunter moved to defending UEFA Women's Champions League winners, 1.FFC Frankfurt, however failed to win any team silverware during her time in Germany, although she again grabbed the award for the most goals in each of her three seasons.

Following the conclusion of a controversial FIFA Women's World Cup in Germany, Hunter left to join Swedish side Tyresö FF, linking up with international teammate Ali Krieger .
Again, there was a lack of silverware with Hunter with the team only winning the Damallsvenskan on one occasion although Hunter was the top scorer for the first two seasons.

A year before the World Cup in Canada, Hunter moved to French side, Lyon, winning three consecutive UEFA Women's Champions Leagues, four Division 1 Féminine titles, four Coupe de France féminine titles and scored a hundred goals  in just four years, cementing herself as an Icon to the Lyonnaise faithful.

Hunter has always stated her desire to fulfil her grandfather's dream and play for Barcelona's female side. So with a year to go on her contract, Lyon willingly terminated her contract as a sign of thanks for her services.

In her two seasons at Barcelona, Hunter has managed to reach the UEFA Women's Champions League final and after just a season with the side, was appointed club captain in a poll voted by fans.

Damn...I'm not doing too bad. What about me though?
Looking at the tab that states Early Life, I click onto it...

Elanor Nicole Hunter was born in Staten Island, New York in the United States. The eldest child of United States  soccer legend Sabrina Hernandez and Olympic icon Marco Hunter, Hunter would have a younger sibling, Tyler Jerry Hunter (b. January 1994).

Rumours persisted of an unhappy household with it being revealed that Hunter was set to file from divorce from Hernandez.
On the 29th May 1998, at around 11:03pm, Hunter and Hernandez checked on the kids for the last time, before heading upstairs. The couple then put a gun to their heads before firing.
Hunter herself had been woken up by the commotion, phoned the police, thinking there had been a break in.
The police themselves suspected the same thing yet when they arrived at the scene at around 11:15pm, both Hernandez and Hunter were lying upstairs, pronounced dead at the scene.

Hunter and her brother moved in with their grandparents, who reside in Los Angeles and Hunter credits her grandfather for getting her into soccer telling ESPN :
"From day one, my pops was always pushing me. He never forced me into anything but he was persistent, making sure I didn't give up. I've got him to thank for because if it wasn't for my grandad, I wouldn't have perused my dream and be where I am today."

I feel tears down my cheek. I don't know why.
What am I crying about?
My grandad being my inspiration or my parents dark death?

I scan over everything else. I made my debut for the U.S against Mexico, scoring the winner just two minutes after coming on in a 2-1 win.
I've scored in three World Cup finals, two Olympic finals, four Champions League finals.

Why can't I remember any of that?

I hit onto the Personal life tab.

Between 2004 and 2006, Hunter dated Max Montgomery , who was brutally murdered on the 17th July 2011, the day of the World Cup final. Hunter later acknowledged Montgomery's death as being a factor in her quite poor performance in the match.

While in London, Hunter met ice hockey player Devon Millard . They began dating in 2008 and Millard proposed in 2011.
They wed on Valentines Day a year later and share two kids: Daniella Adrianna Millard (b.2011) and Matteo Marcel Millard (b.2016).

On January 11th 2016, Hunter announced she was filing for divorce from Millard, siting 'irreconcilable differences'.
Just a few months later and Hunter announced she was pregnant with her second child, meaning she'd miss the Olympics in Rio.
Only a few months after giving birth, on the 17th January 2017, Hunter confirmed that she was giving her marriage with Millard another shot.

Wonder why I did that? Well... I wonder why I've done a lot of things because I don't remember them.
My eyes go down further and I see The Olympic Final .
For a moment I go to read that but upon reading the words "coma" and "brain damage" I click off the page, close the tab and shut down the laptop.

Maybe that's for another day. But there's far more going on in my head.

Who were my parents?
Why did they commit suicide?
Why did I file for divorce?
Why did I give my marriage another shot?

But the main question is...
what was my role on the United States Women's National Team?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 150 9
- Yoohyeon suddenly wakes up from her 3 year coma, forgetting most of her memories. Now she has to remember everything so she can go back to how she...
10.5K 215 33
After a car accident, Nailea falls into a coma. Pedri waits by her side every day, praying for her to wake up. But as the weeks turn into months, and...
2.7K 180 24
Grace Brooks has gone through a lot in her life, from being raped to losing the one person she loved. Grace get's into an accident and ends up going...
3K 87 6
Taylor Marshall is 15 years old. Her mother died when she was 5 years old in a car accident so she lives with her abusive father who is constantly...