Shadows of our Past

By xcharredrosesx

{SEQUEL TO THE EDGE OF THE UNIVERSE} "He is the chosen one, he will bring balance," Qui Gon Jinn brought to t... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXIII
Update/sorry
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
The End :D

XXXII

250 11 19
By xcharredrosesx

Anakin's POV

I woke up with a start and a gasp. I looked around and at first, I thought I was in Ilum but I couldn't be. I stood up and looked around, this place looked like the Ilum caves. The ground was black with crystals lighting up the ground but it was just flat land, no walls and straight above was the starry sky. In the distance, I could see a large black and blue ice tower that went high into the sky and then just seemed to disappear. 

I hesitantly walked forward and looked around, there didn't seem to be anything here. This couldn't be death, could it? It was so empty and dark. I looked down at my two lightsabers on my belt, it was strange that I had my lightsabers in the afterlife since I'm pretty sure nothing can kill you because you're already dead so why would I need my lightsabers? But, even though that part was confusing I was glad I had them in case something jumped out at me. 

I continued to walk around not really sure of where I was going or what this place was exactly. 

"You seem a little lost," 

I spun around igniting my dark blue blade and Kol's lightsaber in a defensive position. My lightsaber was positioned in front of me while I held Kol's lightsaber back in an attack position, but I didn't think there was danger. Qui-Gon Jinn stood in front of me, he wasn't a force ghost or an illusion, he was really there right in front of me, but that didn't stop me from being on guard just in case it wasn't him.

Qui-Gon had stepped back slightly with his hands open to show he meant no harm and that he had no weapon.

"You can stab me if it would make you feel better, but it wouldn't do anything," he commented.

"Is this real?" I asked tightening my grip on my lightsabers.

"I'm afraid so." 

I reached out with the force and didn't sense any danger within Qui-Gon or anything around us for that matter. I straightened up and turned my lightsabers off and placed them on my belt and Qui-Gon smiled at me.

"You've come a long way my Padawan, Obi-wan has trained you well," he complimented.

"I guess you were right, about the whole Chosen One stuff," I replied, "In the end,"

"The future can take many turns as you may know and it still can for you. But I believe this is the best path you could've chosen," 

I followed him as we began to walk through this weird place. It was much like Ilum that for some reason I was convinced it was, the crystals lit up and shone brightly as I passed like they did on Ilum but I tried to ignore that fact.

"Those visions about Vader, they would've happened if I joined the dark side wouldn't they?" I asked.

"Yes. They came close to happening I must say but it is nothing to be ashamed of," he replied, "Everyone has light and dark within them, but the Jedi chose to ignore the fact that there cannot be light without the dark. All the Jedi sensed the dark side within you when you were young, I did as well but I believed that with training you could overcome the darkness. That is why I wanted to teach you, I wanted to show you the balance between the light and dark so the dark side wouldn't become a temptation. I didn't teach Obi-wan that because he barely had any dark side within him so that's why he never taught you about balance, but I'm sure you've figured it out on your own by now,"

I nodded and we continued to walk in silence for a while until he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I've watched over you and Obi-wan ever since I died and I'm beyond proud of you both. You've both come a long way from where you began and you've both taught each other more than I could've taught either of you," he sighed, "I proud to have you both to carry on my legacy,"

"There were definitely times that I would've let you down though," I replied thinking back to the sand people.

"As Senator Amidala said to you, to be angry is to be human. You are a Jedi but I think you've realised that your emotions make you more human and they make you a better Jedi. But I still must say, I was surprised when you and Senator Amidala got married," he said, "Congratulations by the way on the marriage and the baby,"

"Yeah, only I won't be there to actually see my son or daughter," I sighed.

"You might be able to go back.

"What?" 

"But first, there are a few people who'd like to see you," Qui-Gon announced.

I looked up and realised we were at the large ice and rock structure that disappeared into the black inkiness of the starry sky. There was a Temple next to it, it kind of looked like the same one that I saw in the vision when I touched Kol's lightsaber all those months ago. We climbed up the steps and once we were in the dark blue and green marble temple that's when I saw more people. Kit Fisto, Sarsee Tiin and Ki Audi Mundi were a few Jedi that I recognized there.

"Skywalker, it's a shame to see you here so early in your life but it is good to see you again," Ki-Audi Mundi greeted.

"It's good to see you too Master," I replied.

"We've been watching over the Jedi and I must say, you've turned into quite the Jedi in just a year," Kit Fisto said.

"Well, you all took part in some of my training so I have you all to thank."

"Anakin!" Qui-Gon called.

I nodded goodbye to the Jedi Masters and quickly jogged over to Qui-Gon who was standing in front of double glass doors that was tinted blue. He opened them and we walked into the bright blue smooth crystal room, everything was made of the bright blue crystal from the pillars on either side to the floor and walls.

At the end of the room, people were sparring with blue and green lightsabers. They moved quickly and the blades clashed together so often that it was just a blur of white between the blades, they used the force in ways I haven't seen before as they fought. Qui Gon and I stopped at the end of the pillars and I watched in awe as I saw Kol sparring with Cala Brin. They moved with grace but also put power behind every stroke and blow, I recognized a few of the forms they used but there was also a lot of moves that I didn't recognise. Behind Cala Brin and Kol were Ters Sendon and Garon Jard and they were sparring at more intense level, they used the force to flip and move around the whole room and it kind of reminded me of the holovids the Battlemaster would show us when we were training. 

I watched as the lightsaber passed through Cala Brin but there was no mark or scratch, she didn't even seem to be in any pain.

"You can't die if you're already dead. Any lightsaber will pass through anyone," Qui-Gon said as he sensed my confusion.

"Right, that makes sense," I replied mentally wondering why I didn't think of that.

"And all severed limbs are returned, so you don't have your prosthetic arm in here," 

I looked down at my right arm and was briefly surprised when I saw my real arm and not the glove that I usually wore to cover the metal arm. It was weird looking at my real arm and I rolled up my sleeve to make sure it was actually there.

"That's just weird," I muttered pushing my sleeve back down and trying to let go of that thought. 

Cala and Kol bowed to each and Kol spotted us and walked over with a sad smile on us.

"Anakin Skywalker, it's good to see you in person finally only I wished it could've happened later in your life," he greeted.

I shook his hand and nodded.

"I've been told that a lot today," I replied.

"I would think so. We were all watching over you as you fought with Atrius, I must say, I was impressed. Balance has been brought to the force but you weren't supposed to die, it was surprising to everyone in here but the future is always in motion," he explained sadly.

"It's not so bad here, I could get used to it."

"Well, Cala Brin and I are down to spar with you if you're feeling up to it. Most new Jedi that come here need something to get their minds off everything and its pretty much the only thing you can do that's similar to real-life I guess," he offered.

"Thanks for the offer but maybe later, I'm still trying to sort everything out in my head I guess," I declined.

"That's fine, we'll be here if you feel up to it later," 

"If you will excuse us Kol, there's someone else who wants to see Anakin," Qui-Gon said.

Kol nodded and smiled as we walked through another door back 'outside' where the lightsaber crystals were stuck in the ground lighting up the dark black rocky ground. It was like the stars above, little beams of light while the rest of the ground was black.

"There's someone that wants to see you," Qui-Gon said, "They'll be here in a few seconds I think,"

"Right, do you know who it is?" I asked.

"Yes, but I think it's better if it's a surprise for you. Go ahead."

I raised an eyebrow at him but walked forwards, Qui-Gon nodded at me before closing the door. I stood alone in the darkness and one hand was resting on my lightsaber, ready to use it if I needed to. Even if you couldn't die in here, it didn't stop me from being cautious.

"Ani? Is that you?" asked a voice.

I spun around and wasn't ready for who I saw.

"Mum," 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 70 24
The Chosen One. Destined to destroy the Sith and restore balance to the Force. That's what everyone thought. But what they didn't know was that there...
29.5K 936 20
The chosen one, Anakin Skywalker, was found by the Sith before the Jedi. Now as war rages between the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Gala...
29K 823 51
This is a standalone novel and is not part of any series (unless I make a sequel to this). The girl once known as Ahsoka Tano is no more. In her plac...
2K 24 19
The light dims, and darkness lurks around every corner, ready to strike like a serpent. With the death of the sith assassin on Naboo, as well as the...