-The Writer- An Ouran High Sc...

By eboni_right123

Solomon Pressman, a very talented young writer, has been given the opportunity to attend the prestigious Oura... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.5
I gotta question
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Discontinued
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Question
Yall i-

Chapter 10

2.1K 95 43
By eboni_right123

Chapter 9 and chapter 10 were originally supposed to be one chapter, but it ended up being too long, so I split them up.
Yay! You get two chapters today woohoo!
xxx
C h a p t e r 10

(Solomon's POV)

Once again, the host club was in full swing.

I was sitting near the back of the room, staring at the notepad Kyoya had given me, as Makayla ran around snapping pictures.

"You are going to need to interview some of the ladies so we can have their opinions on the host club on our blog," I remember Kyoya telling me in his stupid, posh voice.

And yes, they're extra to the point where they have a blog.

And yes, I'm in charge of it.

I could really sabotage this entire operation if I wanted to.

I rubbed my temples with my free hand, groaning.

I didn't feel like talking to any of these stupid girls. Hell, I can barley handle the stupid girl that talks to me, so how did he expect me to play nice and interview these hormonal ass females?

"What's wrong Solo-senpai?" A voice asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I turned to my right to see a presentable looking Haruhi, looking up at me with his big, brown eyes.

'I swear, this boy is a just a girl with a pixie cut,'

Maybe he's one of those transgender people or something.

Whatever, it's none of my business.

I looked away from him.

"Nothing," I mumbled. "Do you not have to 'host' or whatever?" I asked, putting air quotes around the "host", honestly hoping he'd go away. Even though Haruhi wasn't one of the worst members, I just didn't feel like talking to anyone.

I honestly didn't even want to be here.

"Sadly, yes I do. I'm just trying to lay low so that idiot won't find me," he said dryly, referring to Tamaki.

I just nodded at our mutual thoughts of him being an idiot.

I found Haruhi as one of the more tolerable members. He was the only one who seemed to act relatively normal, spoke his mind, and even congratulated me on my winning the competition before the club started today. He told me that he watched it on TV and how he could feel my passion through the screen, which I thanked him for. He also explained to me how he was a scholarship student just like me, which made his presence even more bearable.

All in all, he was just a level headed human being with calm air around him, that I wouldn't mind being forced to be in a club with.

The only other tolerable one was the Mori, because he literally didn't even talk. He intimidated me though. He was literally an Asian Shaquille O'Neal.

As for everyone else.

Tamaki was a fucking idiot, the twins were annoying, Hani's old ass acted like he was seven, and Kyoya.

He was just an ass.

Before the club started today, Tamaki kept trying to apologize for me about what happened two days ago (which consisted of a long, pointless speech with a lot of body movement and weird twirling), the twins kept asking stupid questions, Hani kept asking me over and over again to eat cake with him and his stupid bunny, and Kyoya just stood there like he was trying to analyze me and how I interacted with them.

They all annoyed me to hell.

I looked over at Haruhi to see him shaking his head at the twins' act and I did the same.

Did girls really get off to this stuff?

"Hey, but at least we have each other right," he said, turning to me with a close eyed smile. "You seem to hate this as much as I do."

My ears heated up and a light bulb went off in my head.

Yeah, Haruhi was definitely a girl.

———

"How would you do describe your experience while attending the Host Club?" I asked in a dry tone to one of the girls at Mori and Hani's station.

She just stared at me with wide eyes, along with the rest of the girls there and Hani sat on Mori's shoulders watching the whole thing, munching a slice of cake.

Rather loudly.

I sighed in annoyance.

It was kind of difficult to conduct a mandatory interview when your interviewee wouldn't respond.

It was also kind of hard when you felt someone's four eyes constantly on the. Side. Of. Your. Head.

I looked at Kyoya who was staring at me, jotting down notes in his diary.

I swear that boy had some type of issue.

It was like he was obsessed with me or some shit. This wasn't the first time I've caught him looking at me, staring at me so intensely. The frustrating thing was that I couldn't tell why because there was always this stupid glare in his glasses that prevented me from seeing his eyes.

Like I understand, you want to make sure the negro isn't slacking off, but damn.

He's taken it to the extreme.

I glared at him and turned back to the gaping girls.

"Anyway," placed my elbow on my knee, resting my head in my hand as I bounced the notepad on my other leg. "Am I going to have do placing a paper bag over my head for you to talk? Because I have got a deadline to have these interviews done,"

She must of snapped out of it, because she shook her head and to my surprise, a huge blush spread over her cheeks.

"Ah, so sorry," she said, all flustered. "It's just that you're really cute." She stated, earning a collective gasp from the other girls around us.

Hell, I almost gasped myself.

Well that was a different reaction than what I expected and extremely straight forward.

"I did not asking if I was cute, now please do answer my question," I stated in annoyance  as heat rose to my ears.

"Awwww, Solo-kun's embarrassed. Solo-kun's embarrassed~" Makayla, who literally came of of nowhere, began to chant as she played with my warm ears.

"Quit touching me you wretch!" I yelled, swatting her hands off me.

———

Makayla and I watched from afar as Haruhi told the three girls she was hosting her life story.

She was talking about how her mother died.

I felt my chest tighten with empathy for the girl, which I assume caused my usual neutral expression to fall into a slight, pained expression, because out the corner of my eye I saw Makayla look up at me with concern. 

Which pissed me off.

I stormed off to my next station before she could say anything.

I had to admit, I was disappointed and impressed with haruhi at the same time. She was smart, using the girls' weakness, cute boys with sob stories, to help her get to 100 requests to pay off her debt. She was probably going to tell that story every time. What I disliked about that was that she basically used her mother's death as "clout".

Which was fucked all the way up and pissed me off.

I arrived at my next station.

Tamaki's station.

It was relatively empty, all the other girls and the fucking host himself went to go listen to Haruhi's story, save for one girl who was sitting the couch. Hell, everyone in the room was at Haruhi's station now.

The girl's posture was perfect and her whole body was poised, as though she has been trained as a child to sit with her back straight and chin parallel to the ground.

Something about her demeanor seemed extremely off. She was too calm. Too poised.

"Have you forgotten about me?" She called out to Tamaki, who was a few feet away.

"Of course not princess, I'll be back in a moment," he said in his "princely" tone, causing me to roll my eyes.

Her face was taken over by an angry and bothered aura, but was quickly masked by her calm expression.

'Well, that was sudden,'

Typical. Jealous bitch was upset about the poor person getting more attention than her. She was probably used to constantly getting showered with attention and countless amounts of affection, with men lining up outside her door, because as much as I hated to admit it, she was a beautiful girl. And she knew it too, but no enough to not be bothered by some boy toy of hers paying attention to someone else for two seconds.

I cleared my throat, making my presence known to the attention whore.

She took notice of me and looked me up and down, letting out amused smile.

"Well if it isn't our new exchange student," she said with a fake, tight lipped smile."Tyrone, was your name, right? Jamal?" She asked innocently, spitting out the most stereotypical black male names in the book.

I expected nothing less. She was upset about getting a little less attention than usual, so she was deciding to take it out on the minority.

"Solomon," I corrected her with a scowl, sitting down on the other couch facing her. "I need to be do an interview with you," I stated, getting out my notepad and pen.

"Oh, that is right. Tamaki did inform me on you being the new journalist. He wouldn't shut up about you, really" her calm tone wavered a bit at the end. "I just found it ironic how the new journalist was illiterate. I mean, taking into account that you can't speak properly, it's smart enough to assume that you can't read or write well in the language either,"

This snake was worse than Kyoya.

I wanted so badly to just give this bitch my two sense, but held my tongue. I could tell she would tattle, and even embellish the story, if I so as hell looked at her the wrong way. She had this, Carolyn Bryant, aesthetic.

Look her up and you'll understand where I'm coming from.

I kept my self-control and asked the first question, but was cut off.

"I'm sorry, are you cold?" She asked in a blameless tone, referring to my Forrest green hoodie, staring at the bleach stain on my sleeve in amusement.

"..."

I got up and grabbed my shit to leave, just as Tamaki came over.

"I'm sorry for disappearing on you like that, princess." Tamaki said, sitting down next to the red haired girl and caressing her face.

I literally had to hold back the gag.

"I am just a little bit cornered about our newest host," he continued, but then noticed my presence.

"Ah Solomon, this is Princess Ay-"

I stormed off before he could even finish.

———

The host club once again ended it was time to leave.

"Solo-senpai," one twin said on one side of me

"Can we play with your hair?" One twin asked on the other.

They both started to reach for my beanie.

"Touch my hair, and I'll give you each bruises identical as your faces." I snapped, getting up from the couch I was sitting in.

I'd rather wait for Kyoya outside than in here with these people.

I grabbed my bag off the work table, and began to walk out but was stopped by Hani.

"Hey, Solo-chan, Haru-Chan left her bag on the table," he handed me a bag. "Since you're going out, could you please hand it to him? He just left."

I nodded and Hani walked off towards Mori.

That was strange. He seemed less kid like, even if was just by a little bit.

He went from four years old to like, eight years old.

I walked into the hallway with Haruhi's bag and saw her rounding the corner.

"Haruhi!" I called out and watched as she cutely peeked her head around the corner.

"You left this," I said pointing at the bag with my free hand.

I noticed a keychain in the shape of a tuna can on the zipper, and rolled my eyes. It was such a pointless thing to have.

A look of embarrassment, relief, and disbelief flashed over her face. She walked over to me and  grabbed the bag, thanking me vigorously.

"Im so exhausted to the point where I didn't even notice I left without my school bag," she stated with an embarrassed chuckle. "Thank you so much Solo-senpai" she said as she ran off towards the exit.

"WAHHHH SOLO-KUN YOU LEFT ME!!" I heard from the direction of the music room #3 and turned around to see Makayla running towards me, her camera in hand.

'I don't know how that Riouta kid would make my life a living hell when it already is' I thought to myself, side-stepping Makayla for the seventh time today.

xxx
I know that last bit was random,but it very important. Stay tuned🤠.

And sorry bout all the time skips. I just don't want you to have to read like, thirty minute, chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

564K 12.6K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
609K 37K 101
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
107K 5.4K 52
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
1.1M 44.1K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...