THE CALL | W. LYKENSEN

By stormospace

Could werewolves really be lurking in the shadows? And could Wexton Necrodopolis really be one of them? In w... More

Cast
WELCOME TO SEABROOK
WHAT LURKS IN THE WOODS
HOWL'S IT GOING?
WE OWN THE NIGHT
ZED FOR PREZ
LIKE THE ZOMBIES DO
GREATER THAN CHEER
THE CALL
FAMILY TALKS
A NEW LIFE
THE MOONSTONE
WE ARE MONSTERS
SEQUEL

WEREWOLVES AT SEABROOK

4.4K 124 15
By stormospace

WEXTON

"Believe me, I will find a way to get us to the Prawn" I could hear Zed trying to convince Addison as Eliza and I walked down the stairs of Seabrook High.

"Or we could miss it together?" Addison suggested as Eliza and I stopped, leaning over the railing to watch the couple.

"I'm not letting you miss the Prawn" Zed argued, a bewildered look on his face like he couldn't fathom the idea of Addison not going to Prawn.

"If you can't go, I'm not going!" Addison argued back, the same appalled look on her face.

"Well, I like you too much not to let you go"

"Well, I like you too much to leave you behind. I am so not going" I rolled my eyes as Eliza ran down the stairs and towards the couple. Addison and my brother were so cute it was gross.

"Ugh, you guys even fight like a perfect couple!" Eliza complained as she walked up to the pair.

"How's it going Eliza?" Addison questioned with a giggle.

"Oh, you know. Fight injustice is keeping me busy" I shook my head with a roll of my eyes, hearing the zombie girls words. Eliza was a true revolutionist.

"And looking good doing it zom-bae" Addison complimented. I let out a huff, deciding the join the conversation.

"Awoo!" I cried out as a leapt over the stair railing, landing on the ground behind Eliza. The trio jumped at the sound of my call, their heads whipping towards me quickly.

"Oh for goodness sakes Wexton, can you stop with the werewolf jokes" Eliza snapped at me.

"Yeah bro, you've been telling werewolf jokes all morning" Zed complained, laughing slightly. Addison looked over at me curiously at the pairs words.

"What? It's funny. Plus that worker dude was making them yesterday already!" I argued playfully.

"Howl's it going, is not that funny" Zed argued back with a roll of his eyes. I'm surprised no one's eyes have fallen out of their heads at this point, it feels like that's all we do.

"It is too, that worker is a comedic genius." I say, smacking Zed on the shoulder as I squeeze between him and Eliza. " What's so bad about making werewolf jokes anyways? I think it lightens the mood"

"It doesn't" the three of them all speak at once, yet all of them have a smile on their face as my jaw drops in offence.

"You're all terrible friends" I spew out, a mocking hand going over my chest. Our laughing is interrupted however as Bucky's voice caries through the hall across from us.

"I'm thinking the president should get his own corner office, let's see if we can move out the math department. Write that down." the captain's voice carries out as he orders around Jacey.

"Addison!" he calls as he catches sight of the white-haired girl. " Time to officially nominate me as president!" he reminds the girl before muttering a few more orders to Jacey. I attempt to wave at the cheer captain but he just keeps walking. Zed smacks my hand down as he sees the dreamy smile on my face. I glance over at him, the smile still on my face. My brother just shakes his head at me, a look of disbelief on his face.

"Yeah, you're right" I mutter "never gonna notice me". I tuned back into real life as Addison complained about the way Bucky ran the cheer squad, she didn't get long to talk however, as two of the three Acey's pitched up. The two girls insulted Addison as the rest of us watched. I had an eyebrow raised in slight confusion of the girls in front of me, I completely understand them following Bucky around all the time, I didn't get why they were always so mean to Addison though. As the girls dragged Addison off, I gave a small wave to Eliza and my brother before heading off to class.

Wyatt

It was morning and we still sat curled up in the vent waiting for the halls to clear so we could sneak around. The vent was dark and cramped with all of us in it, I had been right the night had been long, and I couldn't wait to get out. It was quiet other than the chatter of the kids in the hall outside. Wynter and I were both looking through the gaps in the vent, analyzing all of the students. The humans all seemed to be dressed in blue, pink, or green. The zombie students all wore darker colours, the two groups being very clearly different. Wynter had an almost awed look on her face as she gazed at the students through the vent, I honestly probably had a similar look on my face as well.

"Awoo!" a howl roughly translating to 'what's up?' came echoing through the halls causing everyone to sit up in high alert. Wynter and I looked at one another in alarm before quickly turning to face Willa, she looked just as alarmed and confused.

"Do we howl back?" I questioned cautiously.

"No" Willa snapped back quickly. All of us just nodded back in confirmation, but you could tell we were all very unsure of the howl that came from someone other than us.

We all sat in the vent for another half hour or so before the halls seemed to clear. We all crept out of the vent, ready to search for the Great Alpha.

"The Great Alpha is near" I spoke confidently as we began walking the halls.

"Focus. Remember we're fierce, we're savage" Willa reminded as Wynter walked up between us.

"We're werewolves!" Wynter interrupted, an excited growl to her voice.

"That's right Wynter" Willa praised softly.

"We're scared of nothing" Wynter added in for extra measure.

"Except silver" I added quietly. I didn't want to burst her bubble but silver sucked.

"Yeah, silver" the short girl agreed.

"And ticks" I added as well, as some of my fears came to mind.

"And rabies!" Wynter added with a point of her finger. I nodded slightly in agreement before remembering why we're here.

"If we're quiet we can be in and out of here before they even know we're here" I spoke quickly before being interrupted by a cry of pain and fear behind me. I whipped around to see one of the wolves toss a silver trophy into the air as it burned him. The wolves began to toss it around all of them afraid of being burned, it landed in Wynter's hands and she held on trying to take the pain only to toss it back up in the air. I reached out and caught it quickly from the bottom where there was no silver, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Nice grab" Willa commented "now, c'mon". I placed the trophy back on the shelf before following after the group. We walked down a few more halls before coming to a couple of sets of doors that looked into a room that seemed to hold nearly the entire school population. We were peeking in when a zombie suddenly cried out, informing everyone we were there. We all quickly charged into the room, looking over the crowd in search of the Great Alpha and maybe the Great Protector, or well I hoped to find him. The crowd screamed an began to run all trying to hide from us as we came closer.

"There she is!" Willa cried out as she spotted the white-haired girl.

"Football team! Defence! Z-24!" the zombie from before called out as a group of male students began to block our way from the girl.

"Where's the moonstone white hair?" Willa asked loudly as she stared down the girl in front of us.

"I think you've got the wrong person" the girl replied shakily.

"Our razor sharp claws will gut them and splatter their blood" Wynter growled out menacingly as the zombie began to discuss quietly with a female zombie next to him. The whole room gasped in fear at Wynter's words.

"Too much?" Wynter questioned nervously at the reaction she received. I nodded softly in response as Willa looked at the other girl unsure.

"Wolves! On my command!" Willa growled out, her eyes and moonstone glowing.

"Willa, we can't go to war with the whole town, we'll never find the moonstone if they're on high alert" I quickly warned Willa, grabbing onto her arm to get her attention.

"I hate it when you're right" she sighed in response " Wolves. Stand down." The pack quickly relaxed as the crowd looked at us with unease. My eyes were still scanning the crowd for the white haired boy. A small smile grew on my face as I spotted the boy who was now next to the zombie boy, seemingly looking at the zombie for answers as to what to do.

"Sorry" Willa falsely apologized, a tight smile on her face " we werewolves so admire your town, and we just came here to join your school" my sister made up quickly as I dragged my gaze away from the boy to shoot Willa an unsure glare.

"What!?" a boy in green called out "they can't join our school!"

"Technically the forbidden forest is within the school district" an older man piped up as everyone looked around in confusion. I tried to give the crowd a kind smile but I was very unsure about this going to school plan.

"So, welcome to Seabrook!" the white-haired girl called out with a big smile, stepping forward to greet us "hi, I'm Addison" she introduced herself. We all smiled, relieved that this worked.

"Oh yeah! Totally! Welcome!" another voiced called out. I glanced over to see the white-haired boy bounding over to greet us.

"What's up, I'm Wexton!" the boy greeted with a beaming smile. I couldn't help but smile back equally as wide.

"I'm Wyatt" I introduced myself, an almost dreamy smile on my face. I could see Willa giving me a curious glare "this is my sister Willa, and this is Wynter" I introduced the girls as well as I glanced over at Addison.

"Nice to meet you" Addison smiled before zombie boy suddenly dragged her away.

"Uh, yeah, sweet" Wexton mumbled as he watched Addison be dragged away.

"Howl's it going?" Wexton asked with a cheeking smile, shooting our group a set of finger guns. Willa and Wynter looked at the boy with a look of disbelief as I tried to hold in my laugh.

"Still not funny" zombie boy snapped as he then pulled Wexton away as well. As my mate was dragged away I let out a loud laugh as my pack looked at me in confusion. 

Sorry for being gone so long, things have been a bit rough by me. My dog had to be put down so I was kind of in a grieving period. Here's an extra long chapter to make up for it though!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 3.8K 63
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
5.2K 76 19
((Sequel to Cosmic Mix Up and Robin's Cousin)) It has been two years since Thanos attacked and Wanda has returned to the team. The Justice League and...
51.9K 817 43
Typhoons, storms, floods, insect plagues, viruses, extreme cold, extreme heat, earthquakes, acid rain, dense fog, extreme daylight, eternal night... ...
99K 3K 20
004, another subject of the Hawkins Labs experiments. Escaping beside a small, shaven girl he vows to protect her. But when they are welcomed into th...