Strange Magic-Slow Updates.

By AnneBoleynx

"The power of four will set you free." Parker Halliwell is the youngest of the Halliwell sisters. At the age... More

Cast and Playlist
Something Wicca This Way Comes
Thank You For Not Morphing
Dream Sorcerer
The Wedding From Hell
The Fifth Sister

I've Got You Under My Skin.

742 20 11
By AnneBoleynx

Parker nose scrunched up as David downed a shot of liquor. The rowdy boys next to her at the table clapped and patted David on back. It was nice that she was invited to his 21st, she must have been something really special if he wanted her there with him frat buddies. Maybe it just meant she was one of the guys. That actually made her feel worse. Even if someone is just a friend who happened to be a guy that doesn't mean you wanted to be one of the guys.

Blocking out, or at least trying to, the sound Parker flipped open to a new page in her sketchbook. Pulling a pencil out of her bag she started drawing the party around her. Frat boys throwing back drinks, a couple in the background toasting with glasses of wine, David in his birthday crown taking one more shot.

David looked over to the girl after taking his shot. He could tell she wasn't having a good time by the way she held her forehead and the distaste that was on her face. Parker kept sketching. At this point she was sure he had just invited her to play his designated driver.

David nudged her with his elbow. The brunette jumped slightly as she looked up at him.

"You want to go?"

She smiled, "Yes, please."

The pair walked down the row of the parking lot. Parker gripped the strap of her bag and ran David's keys through her fingers. She insisted she drive home, although he insisted he was sober enough to drive, she could tell he was tipsy.

"I'm sorry you didn't have fun.", David said.

She looked up at him, "It's ok. It's not that I didn't have fun. It was just loud."

He laughed, "Parker, you are a terrible liar."

She shrugged, "Ok, so I didn't have fun. Maybe, I'm just not a frat boy."

He nodded his head, "That fair. I guess I didn't really think of that. I just really wanted to celebrate with you. You know you're my best friend. Even if you make me do your math homework.

She laughed, "I don't make you do anything. You guys act like I hold a gun to your head and say"

She lowered her voice slightly, "Do my math homework or I'll murder you and your frat boy friends."

"That's the same voice you use when talking like Dr. Hopkins!"

"Well, he is a thug."

Laughing, they arrived at the car and stopped by it for a second. Parker's face lit up. She had almost completely forgotten.

"Oh! I have a gift for you!", She said pushing a strand of hair out of her face. The car keys still in between her fingers.

"Parker you didn't have to."

She opened her bag and pulled out a big book. Grinning widely she handed it to him.

"Here!" She said excitedly.

David looked at the book in his hands. Parker was practically bouncing up and down as he examined it. He flipped open the book to reveal pictures of the two. Going through the scrapbook it was filled with pictures and Polaroids of the two friends, plus Cindy here and there. When he reached the final page and shut the end cover he smiled. Throwing his arms around her he hugged her tightly. Parker smiled and happily hugged back.

"I'm guessing you like your gift."

Pulling away he looked down at her, "It's one of the best gifts I've ever gotten."

That warmed Parker's heart. She had spent hours on it and she was so glad he liked it.

The next morning Parker walked into the kitchen. Piper stood by the counter watching some documentary. Parker wasn't paying that much attention all she wanted was coffee, she knew she should have never signed up for that 9 am class.

"Uggh." She said as she leaned on the counter.

Piper clicked off the tv and looked at the girl. Her hair tangled, bags under eyes, she hadn't even changed out of her pjs yet.

"Late night?"

She glared at her sister, "Early morning."

"Shall I brew some coffee?"

"For the love of god, yes."

Piper moved over the coffee pot and started to brew it for Parker.

"What were you watching?" She asked as she yawned.

Piper turned to Parker as the pot bubbled behind her.

"Just a documentary."

Parker furrowed her eyebrows, "About witches? Worried we're going to get burned at the stake?"

"Morning." Prue said as she walked in.

Piper handed the cup to Parker, who took a giant sip. Scrunching her nose she spit it out as soon as the drink hit her tongue. "Ah that's hot!"

Piper nodded and smiled, "Yeah, freshly brewed coffee usually is like that."

She looked over to Prue, "Andy called by the way."

"When?"

"While you were in the shower."

Prue looked nervous. Parker could tell by the way she shifted her weight and avoided eye contact.

"Bad date?", Parker asked.

Prue placed her hands on her hip, "No. No, no. Not at all. It was great. You know, dinner, movie, sex."

Piper and Parker's jaws dropped. She was starting to think that this 9 am might have not been such a bad deal after all.

"Excuse me, miss Prue Halliwell having sex on the first date. This is the biggest scandal to reach the Halliwell manor." Parker said before taking a sip of her coffee.

Prue glared at her, "Shush. And it wasn't exactly our first date."

Piper pointed at her, "High school doesn't count. That was last decade. Spill it."

Prue crossed her arms and shifted her weight. Piper winced.

"That bad huh?"

"No, actually that good. It was... well, we were naked."

Parker scrunched up her nose, "Eww."

"But that's not the point. I told myself that things would be different. That we would take it slow. It just shouldn't of happened, that's all." Prue finished.

Phoebe walked in, "What shouldn't have happened."

Parker smirked behind her cup as Piper said, "Prue slept with Andy."

Prue whipped her head over to Piper, "Thanks a lot, mouth!"

"Wait you were going to tell Piper and Parker but not me? Family meeting."

Parker stood up from the counter, "I smell a fight coming on, I'm going to get dressed now."

She lifted her coffee towards Piper, "Thanks for the coffee."

Parker walked out of her 9 am to see David waiting across the hallway. She made her way through the crowd to the young man who was wearing sunglasses, baggy clothes, and rubbing his forehead.

She nudged his ribs, "I see you're rocking the hangover look."

He moaned, "Please, not so loud."

The pair started down the hall, "Careful with that look. You might want to lose the sunglasses before Math. Dr. Hopkins is going to see right through you."

"I'm thinking of skipping."

"He would notice. What would I tell him?"

Rubbing his forehead, he sighed. "Tell him I died."

She laughed, "Tequila is not your friend, my friend."

"Shoot me if I ever drink again." 

Parker rolled her eyes as the pair took a seat in one of the lounges. Groups of students sitting there are there studying, or talking, or both.

"I think you'll drink again, and remember, according to you the only time I'll shoot you is if you don't do my math homework."

He smiled and rubbed his forehead. He looked up to see her grinning widely at him. She was loving every moment of this. The might have been a little bit of revenge for the night before. It didn't help his headache when  a ring ran through the lounge.

"Why does your ringtone have to be so loud?", He winced.

She dug through her bag, "So, I'll know when to answer it."

"Great, I have Miss wisecrack as my best friend."

She smiled at him as she answered her phone.

"Hello!" She said loudly.

David winced again, and even though he still was wearing sunglasses she knew he had shot her a glare.

"Why are you yelling?" Piper asked.

She glanced over to her friend, "Just screwing around. What's up?"

"One of my delivery drivers called in sick. Phoebe is helping with the driving but we'll need extra help unloading. Do you have time between your classes?"

"Yeah, I just need an address."

"The church on Main street."

Parker smiled, "Great, I'll see you there!"

She hung up and threw her phone in her bag. Zipping it up she smiled at David, "It's your lucky day. Piper needs help so my harassment of you is over... for now."

"Oh how the gods have blessed me." He said sarcastically.

She threw her bag over her shoulder, "Just wait till Cindy comes along."

David groaned and put his head in his arms. Parker smiled, "Do you want me to pick up ibuprofen?"

"Yes please.", He said, face still in his arms.

The three sisters threw open the catering van doors. Parker looked at the food and then over to her sisters.

"You would think after last night, Prue would be a lot mellower. I mean, how long had it been? Six months? Which is worse?" Phoebe asked.

The three start unloading the van. Parker moved a few of the boxes to the ground.

"It's just so un-Prue like to have sex on the first date. I mean, everything's changing since we've become... you know."

"You mean witches?", Parker asked.

"Shush!" Piper frantically points at Parker who shrugs.

"It's not a bad word Piper."

Phoebe rolled her eyes, "Anyways, like you've never had sex on the first date."

Piper furrowed her eyebrows, "No, have you? Wait. Don't answer that."

Parker smiled unloading another box. "I've never had sex at all."

Phoebe placed an arm around her younger sister pulling her into a side hug. "Oh you poor thing."

Sex. It was a common phrase tossed around the Halliwell household. Prue had had it. Piper had had it. Phoebe had had. That left little old Parker. She wasn't necessarily embarrassed by it. Sometimes she had great pride in it. She was waiting for the right time, with the right person. However, she was the only one in her friends group, and the only one out of her sisters that hadn't done it, and sometimes she couldn't help but feel like she was one step behind everyone.

Phoebe looked back at Piper, " Well, it's not a regular thing. Of course now that I'm a witch I can see if it's gonna be any good or not before it actually..."

She paused, smiling awkwardly at the old man who came to take the try from her. Parker bit back a laugh as Phoebe muttered an embarrassed 'hi' to the man.

"Are you out of your mind!" Piper said nervously.

"It's not like he took me literally."

Parker gestured to the old man who was not a few feet away, "He probably wasn't even able to hear her anyways."

"Parker that's rude.", Piper scolded.

Parker shrugged, "Am I wrong?"

She rolled her eyes before continuing, "You don't know that, he could of. I just think we need to be careful. In and out of bed."

Parker crossed her arms, "Piper's right. I can't exactly control my power, I would hate to be in bed with a guy and all of a sudden go missing in the middle."

Pastor Williams made his way over to the girls. Towering in height, he looked down at Phoebe. "Hey, Phoebe I didn't know you were back in town."

The two embraced in a hug. Parker wasn't sure why they called him pastor instead of father. He wore that white thing around his neck, like a priest. Maybe, he wasn't catholic? But she didn't know, and honestly she probably wasn't paying that much attention anyways.

"I'm gonna get some gum, you guys want anything?" Phoebe asked.

Parker raised her hand, "I'll go with. I told David I'd get him Ibuprofen. That boy can't handle his liquor."

The girls stand at the counter. It wasn't David's lucky day. Parker sighed after checking three times for pain reliever with no luck. David would just have to suffer through Dr. Hopkins class with a migraine. She knew she would end the class with one.

Phoebe handed the money to the man at the counter. Parker saw her sister gasp and flinch. Moving towards her she asked, "Pheebs, you good?"

"4, 16, 19, 30, 32 and 40. Those are the winning numbers." She said.

The man at the check out rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah. Do you want this stuff or not?"

Phoebe turned to the old couple and repeated what she had just said. Parker bit her lip when she bought a ticket herself. Telling the old people was one thing, buying one for herself was another. She wasn't sure if that was personal gain. However, she was sure Prue was going to be pissed when she heard about it.

Out of breath and sweaty wasn't exactly how she wanted to show to math class. The door was closed and class had started. Peering into the class through the door window she bit her lip. Dr. Hopkins was going to chew her out. Worst of all he was going to make her explain a difficult math problem as pay back. She tugged on her hair. Maybe she could use her power. Just this once to sneak in. It's not really personal gain, it more protection. And, Dr. Hopkins was kind of like a demon.

She sucked in a breath, hoping she was able to turn herself invisible. Opening the door she made her way in. She froze when the majority whipped their head around to see where the noise had come from. Standing there she looked at them as they shrugged and went back to the lecture.

"Must have been the wind.", Dr. Hopkins said to the class.

Parker let out a breath of relief. She walked over to her seat in between her friends and made herself visible again. Cindy looked over and jumped.

"Where did you come from?"

She shrugged, "I came in late."

David furrowed his eyebrows, "How did you not get caught by Dr. Hopkins?"

She smiled slyly, "I'm just that slick."

"I know you," Cindy said.

"You are definitely not slick."

Parker shrugged again, opening up her back pack she pulled out her notebook and pencil.

"Maybe I've gotten better."

Cindy opened her mouth to say something but Dr. Hopkins beat her to it, "Cindy, Parker, and David. Care to share with the class."

Parker shrunk in her seat and Cindy grinned widely.

"Of course not, we're terribly sorry for the interruption.", She said sweetly.

Dr. Hopkins nodded and smiled, "Ok, just don't let it happen again."

It was so easy for Cindy. Flashing a smile and then Dr.Hopkins let her off the hook. Parker felt that was Cindy's own personal gift. If she tried that Dr. Hopkins would have made her share what they were talking about. What is this high school? She would hate to see what would happen if the three got caught passing notes.

After class they packed up. David still rocked his sunglasses, and if she was being honest she couldn't wait to ask him about what Dr. Hopkins did to get back at him for coming to class hungover. As the three were heading out the door, the man himself called Parker down to the front.

Putting his lips together he whistled to get the kids's attention. When they looked at him, he made eye contact with Parker.

"Parker, could I see you for a second?"

Cindy and David gave her a look. She looked up at her friends nervously. David patted her on the back.

"Good luck my friend."

Cindy nodded, "If you don't make it we'll drink in your memory."

David groaned as the pair walked out of the classroom, "Please don't say drink."

Parker gripped on to her book bag strap and bit on her lip. Walking up to the front of the class her heart raced. Why would he want to see her? Had he seen her come in? What if he had seen her become visible again. Shit, she couldn't have exposed herself within the first week of having her powers, right?

Approaching the desk she looked up nervously. Dr. Hopkins was shuffling some papers and putting things in his bag.

"Dr. Hopkins." She smiled nervously.

"Parker. Were you here the whole class?"

She bit her lips and bounced on her heels. She could lie. Lying could be good. She could be partially honest. Say she came in a tiny bit late and did her best not to disturb the class.

She tugged on her hair, "I was a little bit late. I tried to come as quietly as possible. My sister has work issues and needed an extra hand."

He nodded, narrowing his eyes at her she stiffened. He was seeing right through her. It wasn't a lie.  Oh God, Prue was going to kill her. She would never be able to leave the house now. She should just dig her grave now. It would be one thing for her friends to find out, but her professor, she felt like she was going to be sick.

"Ok, I think I accidentally marked you absent. I'll fix it as soon as I get to my office." He smiled.

She let out a breath and nodded, "Thanks."

She turned to leave. After taking a few steps though she turned around. She just had to be sure she hadn't totally wrecked her life.

"Dr. Hopkins. You didn't see anything strange today right?"

He looked up from his bag, "Strange?"

She shrugged and started tugging on her hair, "Yeah, just weird things. Things that might be you know.."

 "Strange?", He chuckled.

She laughed nervously, "Yeah."

"The door opened and closed by itself, but I'm sure that was just the wind. So, I'd have to say no."

The wind? And the man has his doctorate. Parker shifted her weight from leg to leg.

"Great! Thank you.", She said quickly before booking it out the door.

Dr. Hopkins watched the young girl leave, pushing his hair back he let out a little laugh. Pushing the final papers in his bag he said, "She really needs to be more subtle when she uses her powers."

Parker walked into the manor kitchen when she got home. After her day of classes food was the only thing on her mind. As she entered the door frame, food was not what she was greeted with.

Piper and Prue ran downs the stairs when they heard Parker's high pitched scream. Parker was on her knees performing CPR on the old lady who had collapsed on the ground.

"What happened?" Piper asked frantically.

"I don't know!" Parker yelled freaked out.

She continued with compression, "How am I supposed to know? I came home and there is some dead lady in the kitchen."

"I'll call 911.", Piper said.

"And tell them what? That she's dying of old age at 25?", Prue asked.

Parker looked up at her sisters as Brittney regained her breathing. She looked down at the woman and then up to Prue, "This is Brittney?"

She saw the napkin and picked it up. Piper reached down and grabbed it from her hands. Piper read the writing that was scribbled on it. Prue narrowed her eyes,

"What's that."

"It's a cocktail napkin from my restaurant. With Stefan's number on it."

Parker pushed her hair back and looked down at Brittney. The girl laying next to her was wheezing. "Java."

Parker looked up at her older sisters nervously, boy, she missed a lot while at class. And to think the scariest thing about her night just a few seconds ago was the essay she had to write.

"Prue, that's the address that Phoebe went to."

The four pull up to the address in Piper's van. Once they got out they look around frantically.

"Do you see anything?", Prue asked.

They looked around and shook their heads. Parker could feel the tears in her eyes.

"Prue, what if we can't find her?"She asked.

Prue looked over to her youngest sister. "We will. Don't worry."

"Maybe we should call the police?" Piper said.

Prue shook her head. "If Java does have her then we're the only one that can stop him."

"The incantation only works with the four of us." Parker said.

A scream fills air and the three run towards the sound. It had to be Phoebe. The girls entered the warehouse to find Phoebe tied up with a demon hovering above her with orange beams going into her eyes. Prue squinted her eyes flinging the man across the room. When he stands he throws the orange beams into Prue's eyes.

Piper and Parker run over to Phoebe and untie as fast as they can. Piper looks down at her as they help her up.

"We don't have a lot of time, ok?" Piper said.

"Prue the mirror!", Phoebe yells.

Prue grabbed the mirror that was sitting next to her. Lifting it up she reflects the beams back to Java. The three other sisters rush to Prue's side. Parker grips on to Piper's arms.

" Evil eyes look unto thee, may they soon extinguished be, bend they will to the power of three, eye of earth, evil and accursed." , The three chant.

The girls kept  chanting as Java squirmed in pain before his body turned to dust. Parker looks over to her sisters as they all breathed heavily.

The girls walk out with their arms linked, standing by their van is Andy. Most likely having been led to the same place through his own investigation.

"Prue, what are you doing here?"

Parker bit her lip as she watched her sister fumble for an answer. This was almost as bad as her conversation with Dr.Hopkins earlier.

"Well, we were just trying to get the van fixed." Prue said.

Piper smiled innocently, "Yeah, Phoebe called. She said she was having car troubles."

Andy looked at the girls. Parker bit her lip and grinned. She was worried he was seeing right through them. It probably didn't help that they were sweaty and covered with dirt.

"Stefan was going to take pictures of me."

Andy nodded, "Do you have any idea how lucky you are? This guy's a stalker."

You have no idea. Parker thought. She leaves her sisters this morning and Piper's biggest worry is about Prue sleeping with Andy on the first date, she comes home to an evil demon trying to kill her sister. What a day.

Morris walked over, "No sign of him inside, he's car is still here so he might still be around."

Andy held up a finger to his partner, "Excuse me."

He leaned into the window, grabbing hold of the key in the ignition and turning it. The engine made a 'vroom' sound. Piper rolled her eyes and placed a hand on her head.

"Hey, how about that. You fixed it."

Andy nodded suspiciously. Parker could tell he wasn't fully convinced about their car trouble story.

"How about that."

Phoebe smiled, "Maybe we should go."

She looked to Piper and Parker who nodded and left with their sister.

Parker sat with her sisters at the quake. Playing with her straw in her soda she saw as Phoebe passed one of the victims of Java and took a seat next to them.

"Do you know that girl?", Piper asked.

"I almost was that girl. She was one of Stefan victims, clearly she doesn't remember."

Prue took a sip of her drink, "Lucky her."

Phoebe shook her head, "No, lucky me. I've learned my lesson. I have to be more careful."

The three other girls smiled at her. Parker had a mixture of shock and amusement on her face.

"Excuse me, Did I hear it? Did she actually admit to doing something wrong?", Prue teased.

Phoebe rolled her eyes, "Frame it. It won't happen again."

Parker spun her straw and then rested her cheek on her hand, "Well I certainly learned not to use my powers unless absolutely necessary."

"What happened?" Piper asked, smiling.

"Let's just say the fear of getting caught isn't worth sneaking into math unnoticed."

Piper gave the girl's hand a compassionate squeeze, "At least we know our powers are for good.

"Yeah, good for everything but our love lives.", Prue said before nodding to Phoebe.

"Although I must admit they are handy at times."

Phoebe smiled and pointed at the oldest, "Uh huh, hypocrite."

The older girl rolled her eyes as the news started on the tv above them. Phoebe quickly dug through her purse to find the lottery ticket she had gotten earlier in the week. Her excitement quickly shifted to disappointment when the number on her ticket disappeared.

"See, I told you. You can't intentionally use your powers for personal gain.", Prue said.

Phoebe pouted as she rested her chin in her hand, "It's a good thing I didn't take those tags of that dress. At least the old couple didn't lose their house."

"I consider that a win.", Parker said.

Piper raised her glass, "To the power of four. Whether we like it or not."

The three others smile and clink their glasses. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 981 32
Season 1 - 2 Melody "Mel" Philippa Halliwell. The oldest Halliwell daughter, born to Patty Halliwell and an unnamed man. Melody is the very first ha...
3.4K 97 17
Lives are changed when Four sisters discover they have magical powers. Each Sister has a unique power and must stop these evil beings from hurting ot...
263 11 4
"I want you on my team, so does everybody else" The halliwell sisters back together again. Everything goes normal as usual until.... Something does u...
26.1K 1.2K 103
{COMPLETED} {BOOK 3 PUBLISHED} {currently fixing errors} "You and I both know you covered up the story. You don't care about this school or anyone in...