young justice: babysitting th...

By Aloehugs

deathstroke wants his apprentice back, and unfortunately for Dick Grayson that means he has to be protected b... More

prologue: bad beginnings
Mission briefing
welcome to the manor!
introductions
just came for some milk
Artemis' investigations
who needs drugs
Dick's a simp for red heads
Superman is weird and the batcaves dinosaur is suprisingly comfy.
THE TRUTH (well bits of it anyway)
#cancelrobin2020
THE TRUTH (this time all of it)
Battle for freedom
And for my next trick, disapearing Tim.
The hunt begins.
The beginning of the end
a slight inconvenience
UPDATE

movie night

7.1K 214 105
By Aloehugs

hi guys, i hope you had a great Easter, ok so in this chapter Dick and Jason speak Romanian and i know Dick actually speaks Romani  but that's not a written language so i used Romanian also i dont speak Romanian so i used google translate so if you do speak Romanian and its wrong please don't be offended and please correct me, translation is right next to the speech. ok this author note is a mess, so soorrryyy about that and i hope everyone is safe and staying indoors.

Whilst the team of sidekicks thought of battle plans in Aqualad's bedroom, Gotham's local bat clan we're hidden safely away in the 'basement' of Wayne manor also known as the bat cave.

"we're a perfectly normal family!" Dick protested upon hearing the words 'strange family' come out of his leaders mouth. Now you may be wondering how he had heard Kaldur utter those words despite the team being a dozen corridors and two staircases away. The answer to this is of course Damian. The sneaky bastard had placed cameras in all of the teams rooms before they arrived and now the Batboys watched incredulously as the heroes in training talked about their family.

Dick had of course protested about the cameras placed in his team mates bedrooms and was just about to demand they be removed when he to became fascinated by there conversation.

" They have no right to talk about us in private!, i cant believe father entrusted our lives with these imbeciles" the demon brat hissed glaring furiously towards the speedster on the screen who was clearly in his own world whilst the rest of the team talked through useless battle plans

"cut them some slack Dami, i know the team better than anyone and i know they are more than capable of protecting us" Dick smiled also noticing his best friend pay little to no attention during the meeting, he would have to mention that next time he was Robin

"oh Dickie, you have too much faith in them" Jason sang clamping his hand down onto his older brothers shoulder "i doubt even we could beat death stroke in a fight, face it your toast"

"all they have to do is fend him off until we can get down to the batcave and zeta to the watchtower and hey presto your not dead and i'm not forced into a awful apprenticeship" Dick said clapping his hands together "plus we have no idea if he is gonna try anything, the team being here is just a precaution"

"with father off world and your only protection a bunch of hormonal imbeciles, the idea of Wilson not attacking is ludicrous" 

This left the four bats in a state silence as it all dawned on them that in fact it was only a matter of time before Slade Wilson came crashing into the manor demanding Dick join him. If they were completely honest the thought terrified them, even Damian.

It scared Dick most of all, Slade was the only villain which could cause him pure terror, not even the joker could do that, you see the joker would beat him to a pulp and then kill him without even a second thought, Jason proved that, but the thing that scared Dick the most was the fact Slade wouldn't kill him, sure he would beat him to a pulp but never kill him he was too 'perfect' for that, Slade however would force Dick into killing others and that is what terrified him.

Robin had only ever been taken by Slade once before and even though Robin was only with him for less than a week before the justice league found him and Slade was shipped of to Belle Reve, Slade already had Robin stealing for him. All it took was a few threats and harsh beatings before Robin craved and became the criminal Slade wanted. Imagine what Robin would do after a month or even a year in that mans captivity. 

It was a idiots mistake and pure luck that led to the justice league being able to locate them, Slade had left Robin alone in the bunker or as Robin liked to call it hell and Robin manged to escape his cell and activate one of his tracking devices Slade had removed from him, luckily Slade didn't find out about his when he returned because otherwise Robin would have had the beating of his life. But Slade was clever and very good at learning from his mistakes. Not to mention he had 3 years in prison to think of a plan of action.

"uhh guys" Tim said drawing everyone away from there thoughts as he motioned towards the team who were leaving their leaders bedroom to no doubt-ably search for the boys

"right" Dick said as he smirked pushing his fears to the back of his and racing up the stairs which led to the manor 

------------------

The team piled out of Kaldur's room, all with a game plan lodged firmly in their minds, all except Wally who had been zoned out for the whole meeting still reliving their first appearances in the manor.

The team noticing none of the boys were in the bedrooms headed down the stairs where they immediately located the siblings all sat on the couch in one of the living rooms.

What shocked the team was the way that the boys seemed completely at peace with each other as they all huddled on the massive l shaped couch flicking through Netflix and discussing  what movie they should watch. If you hadn't seen the boys before you would honestly believe they were a normal loving family and you never would have guessed they were trying to kill each other only an hour ago.

"hey" Dick said as he noticed the team standing in the oversized doorway and he signalled for them to come in the room. The team awkwardly shuffled into the room and sat down in various places around the room.

"so what we watching" wally asked after sitting himself down on the L shaped couch 

"we're thinking about one of the saw movies but we haven't decided which one"

"umm how old is Damian again" Artemis asked knowing full well that the boy was far too young and would definitely be traumatised by the saw movies and she really wasn't in the mood to be awoken at night by his nightmares. Not that it was Damian nightmares she would have to worry about.

"9" answered Damian glaring at her as if she dared question him 

"there is. no. way. i am watching saw with a nine year old it will traumatise him!" Artemis argued

The Wayne brothers bar Dick scoffed at this " please the Demon has lived through worse" Jason laughed

"please like you spoilt brats could handle tha-

"i think what my colleague was trying to say is that perhaps you should choose a different movie" Aqualad interrupted being the calm and stoic leader he always was.

"fine" Jason groaned glaring at Artemis 

10 minutes later

" i cant believe three of the richest boys in the world have not watched the lion king" Wally shouted staring at Richard, Tim and Damian in complete confusion, surely everyone would have had to seen the lion king it was one of the best Disney movies ever made

"i haven't seen the movie either" M'gann said with Kaldur and Conner nodding in tow "please can we watch it i want to learn more about earths children movies" M'gann asked eagerly (a/n i have no idea why but maybe she's curious or summit)

"no" Jason said harshly, 5 minutes earlier he had left the room to go make everyone some popcorn, normally he would have refused but he really wanted to escape the awkward tension in the room for at-least 5 minutes. Upon arriving in the room he knew he needed to act fast as he heard what movie they were planning on watching, seriously just his luck they chose this movie, the movie which would make his big brother relive one of the worse experiences of his life. Time for him to make sure they all actually got sleep tonight.

everyone in the room jumped at Jason's sudden appearance, everyone except Conner who had heard him enter no matter how light his footsteps and the bats who are the bats, not that the team knew it.

"please tell me you've watched the lion king" Wally pleaded hoping him and Artemis weren't the only people in the room who had watched the cinematic master piece

"yes and we're not watching it" Jason practically commanded 

"Dude!" Wally yelled at the same time as Artemis giving the boy a judgemental glare and saying "er why not"

Jason was about to explain that some of the deaths in the movie would bring back painful memories for a certain circus brat before said brat interrupted him

"Jason! your not scared of a children's movie are you" Dick gasped "i'm very disappointed"

the room erupted with laughter after the comment made by his so called brother and Jason felt his face tinged with redness and he was very tempted to punch is annoying, stupid older brother when a better and more painful revenge came to mind.

"fuck it. play the stupid movie" Jason smiled slumping down of the couch next to Tim who stared at him curiously obviously reading the tint of revenge in his eyes before staring back at the screen where the movie had just started playing.

Everyone was enjoying the movie, even Conner, they all laughed and awed and since nothing bad had happened yet everyone including Dick sat peacefully. That is until the moment Jason first wanted to avoid was coming up and Jason couldn't help but feel a bit of guilt, sure it was bad enough every time he had to relive it but in front of his team it was 100x worse. Dick like all bats despised showing weaknesses even in front of those he cares about and care about him and by letting the team see him at his most desperate times would also let them get a glimpse into his past and the damage inside the fearless boy wonder, even if they didn't know it was there boy wonder.

Now Jason had the time to think about it when he wasn't completely driven by anger he knew the mistake he made and full on regretted it, his mind raced with possible ideas of how to get the tv off, Jason settled with throwing his shoe at it and now all he had to do was subtly take of his shoe. Was Bruce gonna kill him for this, yes, did he care, no.

however whilst Jason came out of his thoughts it dawned on him the scene was mere seconds from taking place and whilst everyone's eyes were fixed on the screen his eyes were fixed on his older brother, who was slowly shaking as he watched the lion struggle to climb up the mountain.

His shaking gradually increased until he was shaking so hard, Jason was so surprised none of the team nor his other siblings had noticed all there eyes still fixed on the movie

scar uttered his last words to mufasa "long live the king" when he let go and mufasa started to fall 

"TURN IT OFF" Jason yelled wishing he did it sooner as his words and the screams of Simba were overpowered by the scream of his brother

This time everyone in the room jumped out of there skin and the whole team moved to grab there weapons as they turn to look at Dick.

He didn't look good. His eyes were filled with tears as his whole body was violently jerking as if he was having a seizure and he carried on screaming and screaming. It didn't take a genius to notice he was having trouble breathing.

"what the hell!" wally and Artemis yelled in sink 

"shit" muttered Jason before running over to Dick, the whole team was staring in horror at the boy and M'gann was pale green with tears falling down her face as she clung to Conner, who was staring accusingly at Dick as if it was his fault his girl friend was crying. The team had no idea what was happening as it looked like he was in immense pain yet their was no blood or bruises nor was there anyone around who could of caused the pain. As the team looked around the room they could tell Tim and Damian also had no idea what was happening and why their brother was suddenly screaming but the look on Jason's face was different, understanding was clearly present as well as terror and guilt. 

"rahat Dickie este ok siguranța ta, plus echipa ta este cu ochii mari"(translation= shit Dickie its ok your safe plus your teams kinda staring) Jason yelled in some foreign language which really caught the teams attention as they turn to stare at Jason who was pinning down his brothers arms in attempt to stop him from hurting himself or others. The foreign words also seemed to gain Richards attention as his head snapped towards his brother

"au căzut! au căzut! trupurile lor, sângele Jason, lor era atât de mult sânge" (they fell! they fell! their bodies, jason, blood their was so much blood) Richard yelled back in the same foreign language sounding insanely frantic yet he appeared to have calmed down a bit since Jason had spoke

"Știu Dick, dar trebuie să te calmezi înainte să devină bănuitori" (i know dick but you need to calm down before they get suspicious) Jason replied making an obvious head gesture towards the team and the affect of these words worked instantaneously as Dicks head sprung towards the worried eyes of the team and seeing there concern he leapt up back flipped over the back of the couch and ran from the room.

Jason sighed dramatically, sent one last murderous glare towards the team as if it had been their fault in the first place and then ran after his brother.

The whole room was in complete silence, all gaping towards the huge doorway. Damian and Time sent a worried look towards each other and they slowly got up planning to go see their elder brother. They both had heard stories about when Dick was younger he used to have very severe panic attacks and flashbacks whenever he was reminded of his parents death, one of his most severe ended up with him in hospital after cracking his head open and many broken ribs. But he hadn't had one of them in ages, not since he was ten. sure he still had nightmares which resulted in a few bruises but nothing whilst he was awake. Or many Dick was just hiding them.

Before they could both exit the room, Artemis grabbed Tim's shoulder with an accusing look in her eye "what the hell just happened" she yelled not removing her harsh grip from Tim's shoulder

"none of your damn business" Damian replied for Tim as he marched from the room

Tim however stayed frozen to the spot, curiously glancing at Artemis' hand to his shoulder. Artemis seeing this quickly released her grip and immediately felt guilty, knowing she had a strong grip.

Once Artemis removed her hand Tim moved his eyes to stare into hers, Artemis noticed how aged his eyes looked at this moment, they looked depressed and worried, his eyes looked as if they should belong to an elderly man not an eleven year old. There was definitely more to this family then just being a bunch of spoilt brats.

"please don't mention this again to Dick, he'll pretend like it never happened so please do the same" Tim said as he slowly as he made his way to the doorway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 6.2K 59
This story is complete, it will no longer be updated and I am no longer taking requests. :)
56.2K 1.2K 9
The young justice team has been given a mission to protect the sons of Bruce Wayne easy right? But what happens if the boys are hiding something abou...
267K 8.9K 18
The Young Justice squad is assigned to protect Bruce Wayne's three sons from the horrors of Gotham while he is away on business.
85.7K 2.9K 13
In which Bruce Wayne calls upon the Young Justice team to save his seven children who were kidnapped by a group of rogues who are threatening to kill...