Everybody's A Little Bit Gay

By LaneTatum

Amber Stines is straight even if most people around her are gay. Like her best friend Lexi Keeves, and Lexi's... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Note
Announcement

Chapter 35

9.5K 504 141
By LaneTatum

"Congratulations, Rosewood for winning the championship!" Our principal spoke into the mic.

Finally, after a long while, Rosewood Deers won!

People started jumping out of their seats to hug each other and celebrate our victory, screaming and howling. The three of us hugged each other so tight that we almost broke our bones.

The last time our school won was back in 1998. After that, we never had much luck anymore. After 22 years, here we are. We finally got the championship back.

The cheerleaders and football players were out in the field, running to hug everybody as they cried in happiness. Watching Lucy in a group hug made the corner of my mouth curl up. She had a big fat grin on her face, tears were falling on her cheeks out of joy. It feels good to see someone you love happy.

The sky lit up, thunder roared as lightning appeared in the sky. Then heavy rain poured down all too quickly, making everyone gasp at the sudden downpour.

"Everyone, please go inside now and don't rush to avoid accidents. Congratulations again to Rosewood Deers for winning their first championship since 1998!" The speaker announced.

Most of the people ignored the order, rushing and pushing everyone in their way just to get inside the school. Lexi and I were about to go in as well, but Blaire grabbed the hem of our shirts.

"What are you guys? A bunch of pussies and too scared to get drenched in the rain?"

Lexi and I replied in unison however she said no while I said yes.

"I ain't no pussy!" Lexi said, looking offended.

"Blaire, we can just wait for them inside. It's pouring hard!" I shouted.

"It's just rain, Amber. It won't hurt you and come on, let's congratulate them!" Blaire yelled through the rain.

We made our way down the field, holding each other's hands for support because the ground was a bit slippery and we didn't want to fall on our butts. The rain pelted down on the ground and on our skins, soaking all our garments. As we got in the field, we broke our hold and Lexi ran towards Kayla and Lucy to give them a bear hug.

Reed was a few feet away from me so I stayed with Blaire to congratulate her brother. "Congratulations, Captain!"

Reed's eyes widened, shocked to see his sister here, "Blaire! What are you doing here? You never come to my games,"

"Thank this girl for forcing me to watch you. I must say that I enjoyed watching the game. You were so good out there!" They hugged each other with matching grins adorning their faces.

He grinned at me, he wiped his wet face and pushed his damp hair back to see us clearly, "Thank you, Amber!" We hugged shortly, I rubbed his back before pulling away. "I didn't know you were the one thing that can make my sister go,"

"Sometimes you just need a little push," I chuckled.

"Nah. She can't say no to you cause she respects you too much,"

"That I do. Though, she also irritates me sometimes," Blaire smirked at me.

I put my hands on my hips, "Hey! Reed needed you to watch the game since your parents couldn't go. He needed your support,"

Blaire put an arm around her brother, "I'm glad that I did go here. It was nice seeing you play, get tackled to the ground, and end up hurting your ankle, brother."

Reed let out a laugh, "Gee, thanks. Still hurts like hell by the way, but it's something I've experienced before so I'll be ok." He turned his head around to glance at my friends who were busy talking to one another, "Hey, Amber, I just realized we haven't talked since our date. I didn't know you were gay,"

"I didn't know as well until I fell for that girl over there," I pointed my thumb behind me towards Lucy, "I'm sorry about that, by the way."

He placed his hand on my shoulder, "No need to be sorry, Amber. I completely understand."

"No, Reed. You liked me and I took advantage of you-"

"Amber, listen. You were confused about your feelings and your sexuality. I understand why you said yes and I really don't hold any grudges towards you,"

"It's unfair to you and I really feel bad,"

Reed ruffled my hair with a grin, "What matters is that you finally figured things out. And I'm happy for you."

I bit my lips to stop myself from crying and hugged him. He's a great person and I wish he'll find someone amazing who'll return his feelings.

"Maybe I can find you someone, how's that?" I said as I pulled away.

"Pass-"

"Please find me someone!" Blaire interjected.

"I'll find someone for the both of you,"

"I'll hold on to that," Blaire said as I flashed her a grin. "Go get your girl, Amber."

"Not my girl yet," I told her.

"Then go get her," She gave me a genuine smile.

"I'll see you around, Amber," Reed spoke.

I nodded my head, "Take care you guys!"

I watched them walk away, Blaire kept telling Reed how proud she was. Even though she was older, I could see how close they are and how much she loves her brother and how caring she was.

As I walked backward, I bumped into someone. I turned around to see Olivia and the girls, I gave her a hug, "Congrats to you all!"

"Thank you, Amber! Thanks for supporting us. I think it's time you go to your girl who's waiting for you," She winked.

I laughed and bid them goodbye before I started walking to the trio. Lexi has her arm around Kayla and the two were walking towards me.

"Congrats Kayla! I'm so proud of you guys," I said as I hugged her.

"Thanks, Amber. Now go get Lucy, we'll wait for you both at the car," Kayla said, putting her arm around Lexi's waist. 

I watched them walk away along with other people who were exiting the field. I watched Lucy talk to her friend and give her a hug before walking away. Then it was just us out on the field. Her eyes met mine and they were filled with so many emotions. Instead of running to her, I opened my arms, ready to welcome her in. Tears escaped from her eyes, Lucy was grinning as she ran up to me, and I was greeted with a warm hug. It was cold, but now that she's in my arms, I felt like the sun was shining down on me, making me feel warm and safe. I swept her off of her feet and spun her around as she giggled. I put her down and pulled away just to stare at her with a faint smile on my face.

Her eyebrows were suddenly drawn together, "What are you staring at?" She took a peek behind her, seeing that nothing was there.

"You."

Her eyes went back to me, mouth slightly parted, "I was expecting you to find something for an excuse," She admitted.

I shrugged with a smile, "I figured that there's no need to make excuses this time,"

She tilted her head, "And why is that?"

"Why deny it if you know how I feel for you?" I admitted, kissing her wet cheek. She pursed her quivering lips to stop herself from crying even more. Once again, I was pulled into a quick hug. "How are you feeling right now?"

"You don't know how happy I am right now, Amber! We won for the first time again, we finished the steps without even messing up..." She cupped my cheeks, her eyes softened when they met mine, "And you're here with me. Everything is perfect."

"That's good to know. I'm so happy for you, Lucy,"

"Thanks, Amber. I saw Reed and the girls were talking to you. What did they say?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing really. They just told me that I should get my girl,"

"And what did you say?"

"I said I will," I smirked.

Lucy flashed me with a grin that always makes me swoon, leaning closer to me. I glanced at her lips and closed the gap between us. Just like the sky, as soon as our lips touched, we felt a spark like lightning. The kiss started slow and before it could go any further, another lightning appeared, breaking us apart.

Lucy moved closer to me, wrapping her arms around me, "That was scary,"

"That's nothing compared to you," I laughed like a maniac as she shoves me, "Ouch!"

"You're ruining the moment, Ambs!"

"We were having a moment?" I asked, pretending to be dumb, while she just rolled her eyes at me. I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "You look beautiful, even when you're drenched,"

"You're more beautiful, Amber," I blushed as she complimented me and her face moved closer again. She traced my lips with her finger and was about to kiss me, but I put my index finger between our lips and she snatched it away quickly to press her lips on mine.

"Lucy, I uh, have something to say," I mumbled.

"That can wait," She murmured.

I chuckled, "You might want to hear this,"

"I'm busy kissing you,"

"This can't wait-"

"Yes it can-"

"Luce,"

With a sigh, she pulled away, licking her lips before pursing them, "What is it?"

The moment she said that my hands started to shake. I grabbed her hands and took a deep breath. Her stare made me more nervous, so I took another deep breath.

Don't mess this up. You've practiced this a million times.

"Do you maybe... Uh... Want to be or will you be... be with me like you know, g-girlfriend style, like- wow. I practiced this a thousand times and imagined saying this to you so smoothie- smoothly! I don't know why I said smoothie maybe-"

Lucy lunged at me and we fell to the ground, she cut my rambling off by pressing her lips mine. The sky rumbled loudly, making us both jump a bit, but we still didn't break our kiss. I placed my hand on the back of her head and the other on her exposed lower back, caressing the skin before I slid my hand to her bum and back to her lower back. Her warmth made me forget how cold the weather was. It felt like I was in front of a fireplace on a Christmas night, sipping hot chocolate with a blanket draped around me.

"So?" I asked, breaking us apart.

"Wasn't the kiss enough to tell you my answer?"

I pretended to think "Not really, maybe you should try it again?"

She kissed me shortly, "You got your answer now?"

I nodded while grinning like a lovesick fool, "Oh yeah,"

She smiled down at me, rubbing our nose together, "I love you, Amber,"

"I got two answers, huh?" She laughed. "I love you too, Lucy," I said, tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

One of the things I've learned this year was, it's possible to fall in love with someone every day.

"What happened to 'I will never like you'?" She smirked, looking amused.

"Shhh, that was before,"

"So everything has changed?"

"Definitely."

"And what ha-"

Luc-"

"I can still remember how you kept crushing my flying kisses-"

"Lucy-"

"My poor kisses that weren't appreciated by you-"

"Lu- wait, weren't appreciated?"

"Yes! And I'm hurt,"

"Okay maybe some of them weren't before, but I do now!" I started to lean in to kiss her, but she spoke again.

"Unacceptable!"

"Bu-"

"And don't forget the time you didn't want to give me a ride-"

"Oh my god," I placed my hands over my face while she babbled about everything I did to her before.

"That time when w-"

"Shut up!" I whined, itching to kiss her.

She cocked an eyebrow, "Make me."

"Gladly," I closed my eyes and puckered my lips, leaning for another kiss, but she stopped me by putting her finger on my lips. Does she not want me to kiss her?

"Wait... What about Lex and Kay? They're waiting for us,"

"Meh, let them wait cause my lips can't," She rolled her eyes before kissing me once more with a sudden urge.

We may have made out in the field as the rain got worse and let the other couple wait, but we didn't care about anything else at this point. We were too busy with our mouths colliding, showing how much we love each other. Who would've thought that I'd be with the queen bee of our school?

They were right, I was gay all along and I never knew it... Maybe I did and I was just in denial. But everyone knew- even my parents had a feeling. They all knew, except me. They knew me more than I knew myself.

And looking back, I would have never guessed I'd get to be with Lucy; more specifically I never thought I would fall in love with her in the first place.

But I did, and I've never been happier that I was wrong.

One of the things that love has taught me was that we can love whoever we want. Sometimes we can't choose who we fall in love with; the heart just goes where it goes.

And my heart chose Lucy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

910 69 12
Nova Gonzalez is straight - thinks she's straight. She has a boyfriend. She loves her boyfriend - thinks she loves her boyfriend. College is all abou...
2.2K 136 15
Taylor McDonnell spent her entire live believing she was straight. One bus ride home with her best friend Audrey Kendra is sure to change all that...
3.1K 118 23
Lexi was just a bad girl. She couldn't help it that she didn't follow the rules or had obsessions with tattoos. However Macy is the most popular girl...
18.7K 426 36
Aspen Soralis and Leona Sienna have been bestfriends since Leona moved into the house next door one summer. As time goes on, Aspen develops unwanted...