Hypatia ➣ Jotaro Kujo

By bohemianict

When a young archaeologist with no recollection of her past teams up with a group of crusaders, Quinn Foreste... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen

eight

1.4K 58 89
By bohemianict

"Look at me, swelling it down." A voice suddenly said as Quinn ducked behind the brick wall of Britain's abandoned streets. "Nothing like a drunken fool, just like my bastard father. Dammit!"

Shock crossed Quinn's expression as she watched the intoxicated man writhe down the streets in anger. 'Who is that?' She wondered as she glanced at the man's blonde hair. 'He sorta looks like the man from the nightmare I had... And drunken father? That was the strange memory I uncovered with Jotaro and Polnareff..'

The man then shoved two people out of his way as he went on his tangent, a bottle of liquor sitting in his palm.

"Hey, watch it!" One yelled in anger as his yellow scarf drifted in the night breeze. The blonde man took another swig from the bottle of liquor as he continued. "You have no respect for your elders boy!"

Curiosity drew Quinn to follow the situation, her violet eyes baring towards the three men. The one who was pushed taunted the teen as he went, "Look at the baby! Tolling around past bed time. Sucking on a bottle like it was his mother's tea!"

Quinn winced as the other man in the green jacket cackled, pointing at the teen in mockery. "Look at the man when he's talking! Didn't your old man teach you right?"

The teen's eyes widened in anger as he spun back. He then smashed his liquor bottle against the man in the yellow scarf's teeth. Quinn cringed as his teeth flew out of his mouth, blood dribbling down his face as he clutched it in horror. Though, he did deserve it.

The man in the green coat furrowed his brows as he watched is companion stumble away. Grabbing a knife from his pocket he said, "Just for that I'm gonna take your face clean off ya!"

The blonde tipped his top hat, revealing his amber eyes to Quinn's point of view as she cowered behind a wall. "Oh, your threat has me quaking in my boots!" He taunted sarcastically as a devilish grin met his lips. "How will I escape this moment of mortal peril? How about we use this?"

Quinn gasped as she saw the blonde man grasping a mask in his hands. 'That looks so familiar! What is that?' She thought in disbelief as she stared at the artifact.

"It's meant for Jojo," The blonde continued, causing Quinn to lift a brow. "but you'll serve as a fine guinea pig."

"Just die already!" The man in the green coat demanded, charging at the blonde with his knife out.

The blonde then smirked, grabbing the side of the man's head and twisting it. He then forced the mask onto his face, causing spikes to emerge from the stone figure. "Let's see what you can do!" The blonde taunted, pushing the man's surprised body towards the injured drunk on the floor.

Quinn gasped in horror as the man in the green coat stabbed his friend by accident, sprawling blood all over the mask on his face.

The young woman stood up, reaching her hand towards the blonde as her memory was jogged. "D-Don't let blood touch that mask! Wipe it off!"

Yet, it was too late. The man turne-

Quinn jumped out of her seat as the door behind her swung open, revealing a very distressed Polnareff. The woman wanted to scream at someone, realizing that the vision she just had made her remember something. The stone mask.

Shaking her head, she got up and began to pack her small olive colored bag with her belongings. She did not notice she was daydreaming and completely forgot that the crew was getting out of the hotel today.

"So you're telling me that you have no recollection of your past?"Polnareff said, his eyes nearly popping out of his head in shock. This had to have been the thirtieth time he had said that ever since Jotaro pushed Quinn to come clean to the three other men. "And somehow DIO is inv-"

"Yes!" Quinn interrupted with annoyance as she continued to clean up her hotel room before venturing to the streets of Cario. "My mind is a mess. DIO is involved. I was ordered to be kept alive. Now get the hell out!"

"Sheesh Quinn, I'm just worried about you." Polnareff whined as he sulked like a child. Perhaps the Stand the three had encountered yesterday didn't wear off on him.

"If you don't get out of this room and clean up your own I'm going to give you a very valid reason to be worried." Quinn threatened as her eyes held a glint of intolerance. Polnareff had been shooting ideas at the woman all day now, it was getting extremely annoying to say the least.

Turning her back to Polnareff, Quinn zipped up her olive-green bag and slung it over her shoulder. She was not about to have her final moments of peace ruined by thoughts she could not control.

"But wait!" Polnareff desperately cried, sprinting over to the woman who looked like she would kill him. Grabbing the red rotary dial phone sitting on a nightstand, he held it out towards her as his three-hundredth idea struck his mind. "Have you met anyone else in Egypt besides us? You could call them. If turning into a kid made you remember that you used to play soccer, imagine what you would uncover if you spoke to a real person!"

Quinn raised a brow at the man skeptically. She did meet a few people before coming across Jotaro, Kakyoin, Avdol, Polnareff, and Mr. Joestar. The problem was that she couldn't recall their phone numbers.

Glancing at the bookshelf to the left of her, she scanned it with her eyes to see if any type of phone book resided there. She remembered one person's name. He was a bit of a flirt, cocky, and had a slightly unbearable personality, but he was still an option. It was risky, but she had to make the call.

"Wait!" Quinn gasped, flicking her backpack to her lap as she sat down on the corner of her bed. Polnareff had confusion written on his face as she ushered him out of the room, snatching the phone from his hands. "The flirt gave me his number!"

Digging her calloused hands into her pack, Quinn maneuvered around through the countless books and medical necessities hoping to find the small slip of red paper she was given. This was her one chance to finally remember something. Maybe her knowledge she gained from countless archaeology studies would come back to her and she could locate DIO's manor in a flash.

Feeling a small slip of paper in her hands, Quinn beamed as she swooped it out of her bag, the numbers still sitting there in black ink. "This is perfect!" She cheered in triumph, her fist pumping into the air with glee. The small sliver of hope the phone had provided truly had gone a long way.

Excitedly dialing the numbers onto the retro-style phone, Quinn felt a nervous pit form in her stomach. Sure, having this phone call could reveal a lot of things about her past which she never imagined finding, but the fear of never gaining her memories back haunted her. From what she has learned, DIO is smart. He would not make it easy for Quinn to take back what was hers. With the time limit of only a week, the woman feared that her mind would not regain its rightful state before fighting the vampire.

"Hello?" A gruff voice suddenly said, snapping Quinn out of her worries momentarily. The man's voice seemed intimidating. "Who is this? How did you get this number?"

"U-Uh, hey." Quinn said, stuttering as she felt the pit of nervousness churn in her stomach. "This is Quinn, Quinn Forester. I believe we met at the airport."

Turning his entire tone around, the man on the other side of the phone smirked as he heard that name. "Oh it's you doll! Wow, calling me for a date already?"

"No." Quinn quickly said, blushing as she remembered the awkward situation with Jotaro at the cafe yesterday. "Definitely not."

"Well, then I guess I'll talk to you later." The man smugly said as he maneuvered towards the cable of the phone box.

"W-Wait!" Quinn cried, getting louder as she unintentionally slammed her hand onto the nightstand of her hotel room. "I need your help."

The man on the other side of the phone raised a brow as he heard those words, curiously wondering if the young Stand user discovered her lack of memory. "With what, I don't have all day. I've got people to see, ladies to plea-"

"Ok!" Quinn interrupted, cursing herself for only remembering the most arrogant person she could find. "I slipped and hit my head. I can't seem to remember where I came from before Egypt. The concussion I received from the fall gave quite a bit of damage, so I need to get home immediately. Do you possibly remember what plane I came off of...?"

Silence filled the conversation as Quinn begged for the man to at least know something, the smallest sliver of information could go a very long way. The woman was getting tired of feeling hopeless.

On the other hand, the man on the phone cursed under his breath. Taking off his hat and running his fingers through his blonde hair, he wondered if this were a risk he was willing to take. 'Would this be considered treason?'

Clearing his throat, he finally said, "Nope. I have no clue where you came from. Can't help you sweets."

Quinn's breath hitched as those words hit her like a ton of bricks. "No, come on! I literally have memory loss, just please... think!"

The man winced as he heard Quinn's desperation, pity swarming his thoughts about the girl. "That bastard is going to kill me for this..." He muttered.

"Alright, well I think you said something about Italy and the Canary Islands. You came off of the American route, but that is all I can recall."

"Oh thank you so much!" Quinn cried, smiling as she wrote down the two places on a scrap of paper. "I could just kiss you now!"

"Whoa, I thought you said you didn't want to date. Now you wanna smooch?"

Quinn rolled her eyes as a cheesy grin spread across her face. "I would be annoyed, but this is incredible!"

"Whatever toots. Ju-Just stay safe." The man responded, nervously tugging at the coil of the phone as he looked out of his window. Did he really just help the enemy?

"Thanks, I'll be alright though.

"Well, see you soon..." The main trailed, eyeing the streets of Cario as he thought about the woman's condition.

"Y-yeah. Thanks Hol Horse."

The young woman hung up the phone, staring at the small piece of paper as she smiled like an idiot. A chance to remember her past was finally given.

-------

"I've been preparing roofs in Cario for forty years, but I've never seen this place." The old man said as he held the spirit photo of DIO's lair in his hand. "But judging by the look of this building, this place must have been built over a hundred years ago. That means you should find it eventually if you look south of here."

Quinn raised a brow as she heard this, a teeny bit of remembrance coming back to her about Egypt's layout. "Isn't it true that the further south you go in Cario, the older the buildings get?" The woman questioned.

"You're right about that young lady, just look there and you'll find it for sure!" The old man said, smiling to know that even a teenager knew about the layout of Cario. Handing the photo back to Polnareff, he said, "Sorry I couldn't be of much help to you all."

"No, thanks a lot." The French man said as he began to make his way back down the ladder. "Sorry to bother you."

Quinn sighed as she gave a defeated look to Jotaro, his eyes reflecting the same emotion towards her. The group had been walking around Cario for almost three hours at this point, it was becoming almost hopeless.

"Hey, at least I remembered something..." Quinn muttered, wondering how the place she was presumably from had not rang any bells but a man on a rooftop did. "I guess I did some research on Cario at one point..."

Mr. Joestar shook his head with disappointment, walking towards the payphone that had lingered near them. After Quinn's memory loss had been brought to his attention, his urgency to find DIO had become even more immense. The young woman had gained a soft spot in his heart, her kindness and leadership reminding him of Holly and Lisa Lisa. He'd never be able to forgive himself is she didn't gain her life back.

The group stood on the sidewalk, silence falling over them as Polnareff began to continuously glance behind them with worry.

"What are you looking at, Polnareff?" Avdol asked as Jotaro glared at the picture of DIO's lair. Noticing this, Quinn put a reassuring hand on the man's shoulders. He didn't shrug her off.

"No, it's nothing. Just thought we were being watched." Polnareff responded, turning his attention back to the group as Mr. Joestar walked towards the group with a devastated expression.

"Mr. Joestar..?" Quinn asked with worry as her hand still lingered on Jotaro's shoulder. "What happened?"

The man sighed as he held a serious look in his eyes. "I called Japan... My daughter's condition has worsened. She has no strength left. She'll only last three or four more days."

Jotaro's body went numb, his muscles tightening as Quinn unknowingly gripped his shoulder with force. Her caring touch became fearful as she glanced into Jotaro's eyes, devastated to only see a corpse.

Joseph sighed as he looked at the pair, wondering how Quinn was so talented at keeping Jotaro's emotions at bay. "I can feel it. DIO is near here. I can feel him hiding somewhere around here."

"Let's go." Avdol ordered. "If we keep asking around we'll find him."

"Yes, let's go. We'll keep asking." Joseph said with great sorrow in his eyes. Quinn noticed this and winced, placing her unoccupied hand on his shoulder with a smile.

"We'll find that bastard. I promise." Quinn said, determination replacing the sadness in her tone. For Joseph, that truly meant the world.

Pointing ahead of them, Polnareff gestured towards a man in white clothing. "Hey, lets go and ask this guy."

The crew nodded and began to approach the local, only to have Quinn stop in her tracks. Raising a brow, she turned to Jotaro and said, "I think I'm going to check behind us, I think Polnareff was right about us being watched."

The teen kept his regular glare on his face, glancing down at the shorter woman as she looked back up at him. "Sure. But if you aren't back quick I'm coming over."

Quinn nodded, once again not noticing his protective aura. "Just pretend to keep walking so we don't look suspicious."

The woman then turned around and summoned Hypatia, her eyes skeptically narrowing as she scanned the area. She knew someone had their eyes bared into the back of her head, she could feel their cold stare. Turning the corner of the building next to her, Quinn crept around the side of it as stealthily as possible. If this were an enemy Stand, the element of surprise would be key in its defeat.

With a full swing of her body, Quinn flung herself from the side of the brick wall. "W-Whoa!" She gasped as she felt her face hit a hard substance. Looking up she saw something she never expected to; Hol Horse.

Backing up defensively and stumbling into a wooden crate, Quinn raised her brows as the infamous cowboy gave her a grin. "H-Hol?" She questioned, his presence being the last thing she expected to see. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey toots." He cockily said, tipping his hat as he helped the woman regain her balance. "I took a plane from Aswan to Cario. Didn't expect to see you in this part of town."

A nervous pit began to fill Quinn's stomach as she examined the man. "Why were you following my friends and I Hol?" She questioned. Hol Horse began to break a sweat.

"I- I wasn't! I don't know what you're getting at hun." He nervously stuttered, attempting to get the young woman off of his case.

Raising a brow Quinn stared at Hol. "You wouldn't be an enemy... would you..?" She muttered skeptically.

"Quinn, did you find who was stalking us?" A voice called from the other side of the brick wall. It belonged to Avdol. Hol Horse was consumed with fear, having to make a decision immediately. If he did not act quick, Avdol would burn him to a crisp. It was a risky move, but he had to do it in order to fulfill his fate.

Suddenly grabbing the back of Quinn's head, he shoved her against the building behind them, causing her to let out a yelp. Summoning his Stand, he pressed a gun to the back of her head, letting out a quick, "Sorry about this toots."

"Hol what th-" Quinn was cut off by a foreign feeling. Her lips were pressed up against a soft surface, standing frozen as they were attacked. Shooting her eyes open, the woman was shocked to see a nervous Hol Horse smooching her lips as his left hand held her against the wall while his right hand pressed a gun to her head.

The woman's mind was blurred. What the hell was going on? Some random cowboy was kissing her against her will while she was threatened at gunpoint. Was this even real? Somehow, it felt like some serious dejavu.

"She didn't respond. I'm going in." Jotaro said, concern lacing his words.

Quinn finally broke free of the cowboy's grip, praying that anyone but Jotaro would see her state. Releasing her arm from his large hand, she tightened her fist and gave the man a nasty uppercut. "You fucking bitch!" She yelled.

The man went flying behind her, his head banging against the wall as he held his gun in his hand. Quinn went to run but Hol Horse gripped her wrist, bringing her body in front of his in order to hide himself from the four crusaders who arrived.

"Quinn, are you okay? You look extremely flustered." Mr. Joestar questioned with worry. "I heard you yell. Were you attacked?"

The young woman was about to scream, but she felt the head of Hol Horse's gun smack against the back of her head. If she made one move, she'd have a bullet straight through her forehead and wouldn't even have to worry about getting any memories back.

"U-Um." Quinn stuttered as fear filled her violet eyes. Somehow it went unnoticed to the men. "Y-Yeah, I just saw uh... a-a spider! Yeah, a spider!"

Jotaro raised a brow as his cold eyes bore into Quinn's. It didn't sound like her at all. She goes on a journey with five men and battles countless Stand users, only to be terrified of spiders? Good grief.

Meanwhile, Quinn was baring her eyes to the left of her. She desperately attempted to make a signal for the crusaders to see there was a crazy man behind her with a gun for a Stand.

"Yeesh, that must've been one hell of a spider. So there was nobody following us?" Polnareff asked. Hol dug his gun even closer to Quinn's skull.

"N-Nope! Silly me, just my imagination." Quinn nervously said as she continued rolling her eyes towards Hol Horse. "Y-You guys can go now."

Mr. Joestar nodded, glancing at her eyes in confusion. "Hey, did the desert sand get in your eyes? Why do you keep rolling them like tha-"

The old man suddenly gasped, the other teammates catching onto Quinn's pleas. Now she just hoped that the wouldn't say anything.

On the other hand, Hol Horse was fuming, realizing that the sudden silence was a result of Quinn giving a signal. He was about to lunge closer to the woman and blow her brains out with his gun, but at that same time she coincidentally let out a cough from the lack of air the kiss provided. This left Hol Horse completely open to the five crusaders, causing them to jaw-drop in shock.

"W-What! You're kidding me!" He said as he fell to the ground. "She coughed?!"

Quinn then summoned Hypatia, who blasted the cowboy into huge containers of liquid. "That's Hol Horse! He's some guy I met when I first arrived in Egypt. He has a Stand, so watch out!"

"Yeah, we damn well know this guy!" Polnareff said, drawing out Silver Chariot. "He took great care of us in India!"

Suddenly, a truck came flying at the five crusaders at an alarming speed. The wheels lost traction in the liquid which Hol Horse split and slid right into the gang, knocking all of them unconscious.

------

Quinn was suddenly thrown to the dirt, her hair flying out of its ponytail as she watched the blonde man from before suddenly appear. 'Why in hell am I here again?' Quinn thought as she watched him to back a girl with bright blue eyes into a corner.

"You and Jojo make such a smart looking couple!" He taunted as two teenagers stood behind him. A smirk decorated his face."Really, I should have guessed as much. Try as much as I can to ruin his life, but Young Master Johnathan has been oddly happy as of lately."

Knowing the situation she was put in meant no good, the girl with blue eyes attempted to run. Yet, she was not fast or strong enough. The blonde teen gripped her wrist and forced her towards him, causing her to wince in fear. Unexpectedly, he grabbed her shoulder just as Hol Horse did to Quinn and kissed her on the lips.

Quinn gritted her teeth angrily as she attempted to get up towards the pair. "What the fuck are you doing to her?" She furiously screamed, finding that her legs were almost glued in place.

Seemingly not hearing her, the blonde threw the blue eyed girl to the floor. He licked his lips as he stared at her as if she were his prey. It made Quinn sick. "Tell me, have you and Jojo kissed yet? I'll take that as a no. You thought this event would be Jojo, but it was I, Dio!"

Quinn paled as that name met her ears. It seemed to simple to be true, the dots began to finally connect as if it were nothing. The memories, the nightmares, her visions, Anubis's order to keep Quinn alive. She knew whose memories she had! Dio Brando's!

Ripping herself out of place despite the strange weight that rested upon her, the woman stood up and shot daggers at the blonde man before her. She screamed in complete agony, anger blurring her vision as she realized who took her life from her.

"Give me back my fucking memories DIO!"

-----------

Quinn shot up from the ground in shock, pain hitting her ankle like a train as she did so. Her breathing was extremely ragged, and her head throbbed like hell. Looking around she saw Jotaro and the gang all huddled around her. "What happened...?"

The woman then gasped as she saw the crashed truck laying before her. The memories began to fly back. Quinn lost no time profusely rubbing her lips with her sleeve, desperately trying to wipe the thought of Hol's kiss from her mind. "That nasty little fuck!" She muttered, gaining confused looks from the group.

"What's wrong with your mouth, Quinn?" Jotaro asked, kneeling down to the woman as she winced in pain. It seemed that the one of the vehicle's tires landed right onto her ankle, most likely mildly spraining it. "Did you bust your lip in the fall."

Blinded by her own rage, Quinn continued on, completely disregarding her audience. "That western prick stole a kiss from me then pointed a goddamn gun at my head!"

Placing her head in her hands, Quinn let out a frustrated groan. The men around her stood with their jaws dropped, not accustomed to this kind of situation. On the other hand, Jotaro was the only one acting with common sense.

Kneeling down to the girl he had become close with over the past weeks, Jotaro lifted the tire from her foot as delicately as he could, causing her to jolt her foot in pain.

"Hold still woman, I'm trying to help. Did you even notice your entire ankle was crushed before you freaked out about that bastard?" Jotaro said, moving his unoccupied hand to Quinn's shoulder to keep her still.

Quinn refused to answer, embarrassed that her amount of shock caused her to be unaware of the source of her pain. Avdol and Polnareff had shocked expressions, not expecting Jotaro to be the one to help Quinn out of everyone. The two thought that the teen forced Quinn to open up about her memory loss from lack of trust, but lately his actions had proved different. Mr. Joestar just smirked, watching as his grandson gingerly lifted the rubble from Quinn's injury. He already knew what he was going to pester him about now.

Looking down at her foot, Quinn winced as she realized the impact of the tire completely ripped her boot in half. The exposed skin of her foot was colored a sickening purple, putting her eyes and Star Platinum to shame.

"Oh god, it looks like a grape!" Quinn said, her eyes widened in shock as she bewilderingly stared at the injury. Fear of the results were swarming through the woman's mind. What if she couldn't walk, what if she was out of commission and would have to step out for the rest of the journey?

Noticing the woman's fearful expression, Jotaro groaned and grabbed her arm. Almost effortlessly he lifted her to her feet, causing Quinn to slightly stumble at the change of stance. He too was worried about the woman's condition.

Suddenly, Quinn let out a cough, causing Jotaro to lean back from the sudden gesture. Covering his face, he let out a small smirk.

"Oh geez, sorry Jotaro!" Quinn said, her throat scratchy from the rawness in her throat. "I don't know what Hol Horse was thinking. It was more like he tried suffocating me instead of, well, whatever he tried to do there... I'm still a little out of breath, probably have asthma."

Jotaro shook his head, wanting to laugh at the young woman's words. Crossing his arms he stared at the woman's violet eyes. "Wow, bet it was nice."

Quinn's face exploded in red, her eyes widening in shock as she glared at the teen's smug expression. "What do you mean it was nice?! You got some weird fantasies there, bud."

The woman then turned on her good heel, attempting to limp away from the awkward situation. Completely forgetting about her foot, Quinn's breath hitched as she felt herself begin to fall. Bracing herself for impact, Quinn summoned Hypatia in attempt to send an air current towards her. But, it was no need. The woman felt two large hands quickly wrap around her waist, pulling her up from her demise.

"Yare yare..." Her savior said, his breath felt against Quinn's bare neck. "You just got hurt. Be careful."

"U-Uh, yeah.." Quinn responded, feeling flustered by the sudden contact. Jotaro carefully stood her up and allowed Quinn to use him as a crutch of sorts. Avdol made his way over to the pair, inspecting the wound.

"It looks like a bit of a sprain, but it isn't anything you shouldn't be able to withstand." Avdol said, examining Quinn's ankle as she watched in fear. "Just take it easy for now. I advise you don't step on that foot until you absolutely need to."

Quinn raised a brow in confusion, glancing at her swollen foot. "How am I supposed to stay off of my foot, Avdol? We're traveling, I can't slow you guys down."

Mr. Joestar intervened, attempting to keep his smirk at bay as he stared at the two teenagers. Clearing his throat, he suggested, "How about you carry her Jotaro? It's a workout and it'll keep Quinn here safe."

Jotaro grunted, tipping his hat over his eyes as he shook his head. Quinn didn't seem to mind, so of course he obliged. Grabbing the woman by the waist once more, he bent down and placed her on his back.

"Oh, thank you Jotaro. You know you don't have to carry me though, right?" Quinn said, gingerly wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Yeah, I want to though." Jotaro muttered, beginning to walk forward with the woman. "Stop fussing about it before I drop you."

Quinn's moment of being flustered ended, rolling her eyes at that last comment. Her mind then drifted back to her memories, and what have become of them. That nightmare should have made it obvious the first time, but with the remembrance of the stone mask artifact and Dio Brando appearing in everyone of her dreams, the problem could not have been seen any clearer.

DIO was responsible for her missing memories, and for some reason she had his instead. It was like a trade, her life was swapped with his. The only question she had was; why?

"Hey, I heard screaming around that corner." Polnareff said, pointing towards the direction of where a yell was emitted.

"I don't know what's going on, but it's not good." Mr. Joestar said, eyeing the area Polnareff pointed. "After what happened with the truck, it'll make trouble for us if the cops show up. Lets get out of here."

"What the hell happened to Hol Horse, anyway?" Quinn asked, resting her head on Jotaro's left shoulder. He didn't seem to mind. "I still want to bust his lip open."

"I don't know." Jotaro responded adjusting Quinn so he had a more stable grip on her. "He disappeared for some reason."

Suddenly Quinn felt a drop of liquid hit her forehead. Looking down in confusion, she eyed the green pipe in front of the pair. "Hey Jotaro, move away from that pipe. It's gushing filthy water for some reason."

Letting out a small 'tch', Jotaro turned from the pipe and began to walk behind Joseph, Avdol and Polnareff, the group departing on another mission to find DIO's lair.

Quinn sighed in defeat as she shook her head, wondering why she was stuck in such a strange situation. She now knew who had her memories, and a bit about where she was from, but had no clue how to regain what was hers.

"Hey, Jotaro." Quinn said, pulling her hair out of her disheveled ponytail. "I know whose memories I have now... the dreams I've been having make sense."

Jotaro's breath hitched, raising a brow as the woman made that statement. "Whose are they then?"

"Dio Brando's, the man we've been after this whole time. His past life is what I'm recalling." Quinn said, fear pulsing through her words. "Whenever I space out or fall asleep, I get thrown into his memories. I saw him with the stone mask that turned him into a vampire. I learned about his father, which is why I got so angry that one time about Polnareff smoking."

"Do you know how to get them back?" Jotaro asked, his stoic expression turning to worry.

Quinn's body went stiff, her muscles tightening at that question. "N-No.. I don't have a clue..." Sadness brewed in the woman's eyes. "That's why I don't want you helping anymore. Just drop this completely. Even if it does involve DIO, we need to save your mother, Jotaro. We don't have enough time to fit all of my problems in."

"Are you delirious, Quinn?" Jotaro asked, annoyance building up in his voice as the woman on his back frowned. "Drop that bullshit. I'm helping you no matter what. Stop trying to change my damn mind about it."

"Why do you need to be so stubborn?" Quinn muttered, shaking her head as Jotaro continued to walk fairly distanced from the three men ahead.

"Why do you need to be so stubborn?" Jotaro retorted, rolling his eyes at the woman's hypocrisy. He was getting dejavu, having this argument before. "You can't expect me to go back on a promise I made. We are getting these memories back."

Quinn fell silent, guilt pooling up in her stomach as Jotaro swore on that burden. She didn't want to be responsible for him getting hurt. She couldn't carry the weight of her friends dying, let alone if their deaths were caused by her.

"Yare, yare. I'm sorry." Jotaro said, breaking the woman's sadness.

"For what?" Quinn asked in confusion, her brows furrowing in thought.

"For the kiss, I get that you girls like saving that for someone special."

Quinn smacked the back of Jotaro's head, causing his hat to flip up. "Stop teasing about that! It shouldn't have been him. That was a first!"

Jotaro smirked, the corners of his lips tugging up at Quinn's reaction. He already knew that her face must have looked like a tomato at that point. "I'll make it up to you one day, stop fussing."

"Yeah, sure you will." Quinn sarcastically said, leaning against Jotaro's head. "Send a kiss to Hol while you're at it."

Jotaro held happiness in his eyes. He didn't know what it was about her, but ever since Quinn joined the trip, the darkest moments had a little light. Before he knew it, his hate for Indiana Jones subsided into something much sweeter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.8K 3.4K 20
a lonely redhead's life gets ruined by a delinquent. either for better or for worse. ♡ ♡ ♡ profanity, loneliness, and fluff. (there may be sensationa...
408K 13.9K 55
~ Kujo Jotaro, the popular guy in school for no reason other than being hot, strong and tall. He hates nearly everyone who approaches him and never...
5.5K 132 15
late /lāt/ doing something or taking place after the expected, proper, or usual time "he was late, just as always." sdc x reader insert ~ (she/her) p...
91.9K 3.6K 53
It's 1987, years after her battle with the Pillarmen and Joseph. In the beginning, she protected Jonathan Joestar, then she protected his grandson, J...