Married By Chance

By AurumHeart

This book is a sequel and continuation. In order to understand it, you have to read 'Partners By Chance' firs... More

Married By Chance (BOOK 2)
Prologue: Till death do us apart.
Chapter 1: She's married.
Chapter 2: It's not about him.
Chapter 3: Two months late.
Chapter 4: I love Liam.
Chapter 5: Why are you here?
Chapter 6: Christian Louboutin.
Chapter 7: Hey, hubby.
Chapter 8: It's time for me to party!
Chapter 9: Kit Kat.
Chapter 10: Take me there.
Chapter 11: Still in love with him.
Chapter 12: Are you happy?
Chapter 13: Dinner.
Chapter 14: Louis Vuitton.
Chapter 15: We need to talk.
Chapter 16: HOPE.
Chapter 17: I was crazy.
Chapter 18: Miss Beauty and Brains.
Chapter 19: Nobody is Perfect.
Chapter 20: Seoul Fashion Week.
Chapter 21: Like a Rose?
Chapter 22: Mr Black, Mrs Black.
Chapter 23: Ciao.
Chapter 24: Mum.
Chapter 25: Black Industries.
Chapter 26: Donatella Versace.
Chapter 27: Nice to meet you.
Chapter 28: The Hotlist.
Chapter 29: You forgot about him.
Chapter 30: Edward and Elle Smith.
Chapter 31: I wasn't your boyfriend.
Chapter 32: Sushi.
Chapter 33: Gordon Ramsay.
Chapter 34: Back in London.
Chapter 35: Anna Wintour.
Chapter 36: Oscar de la Renta.
Chapter 37: They used to date.
Chapter 38: I like dresses.
Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.
Chapter 40: Cause you're gorgeous.
Chapter 41: April 16th
Chapter 43: This is happening.
THANK YOU!
Chapter 44: Make me cry.
Chapter 45: Need a ride?
Chapter 46: Home.
Chapter 47: His brother.
Chapter 48: Driving me crazy
Chapter 49: Please?
Chapter 50: Adam Black.
Chapter 51: Happiness.
Chapter 52: Sad night.
Chapter 53: July 18th
Chapter 54: Colton and Emily.
Chapter 55: You make my heart race.
Chapter 56: Getting kidnapped was fantastic.
Chapter 57: Bad Idea.
Chapter 58: The Summit
Chapter 59 : Cartier (Part 1)
Chapter 59: The effect you have on me (Part 2)
Chapter 60: Fellow Graduates
Chapter 61: Grow the fuck up.
Chapter 62: What are you afraid of?
Chapter 63: Speak Now (TV)
Chapter 64: My Darling

Chapter 42: Vogue.

13.6K 691 346
By AurumHeart

Adam and Amelia's house interior above.

Amelia Black

"No freaking way! He rejected you?"

I nod softly.

"As in he turned down your feelings?"

"Yes, he did, Brie."

"That son of a bitch." Serena whispers.

It's been two weeks since my birthday. Things have been so crazy. I'm on the cover of Vogue Magazine! My friends threw me a party after we came back from Paris to celebrate my birthday again and the cover.

I've also been working non stop. I was in about four countries doing photoshoots and runway shows last week. My Vogue cover has given me bigger opportunities. I have so many emails from major brands that I'm so excited to work with but my goal now is to sign a contract with Gucci. If I get that, it would be like huge. It is the endgame.

The Met Gala is also coming up and I'm really excited for it and the outfit I'm going to wear.

Coming back home, I've been doing some work for Adam's charities and attending events, making appearances like a good old wife.

And speaking of Adam, I haven't seen him since that night in Paris. He's been so busy working in his companies abroad but he is coming back today.

I am so freaking nervous. Things have been kind of weird between us. I've been avoiding him but he texts me a lot to check up on me.

I can't believe I confessed my feelings to him. That's the craziest thing I've ever done.

"No, he wasn't a jerk about it. He did it in the sweetest way possible." I defend him.

Serena frowns in confusion. "You sure? Cause Adam has broken the hearts of like half of my female friends and I know how horrible he was to them. Completely heartless."

"Seriously?" Brie asks.

"Yeah. I'm not saying he is a horrible person. He's one of the most amazing people I know but he was in a very bad place at that time." Serena explains.

I invited them and their men over for a little welcome back party I organized for Adam.

"Have you guys talked? Like has he opened up to you about the things that he's been through?" Brie asks.

I shake my head. "No, not really and I doubt that he ever will. Do you guys know anything?"

"I mean, every time I ask Nathan he says that Adam has been through a lot and lost a lot. How about Raf?" She looks at Serena.

"Raf definitely knows something cause they've been friends since pre school but I don't think he knows the full story." Serena answers.

"Yeah but I feel like Chase does." I state.

"Definitely."

"Does it scare you that he has skeletons in his closet?" Brie asks.

"No, not really. He keeps trying to scare me away but I don't think whatever it is that he's done is that bad."

"But what if it is?"

I just shrug. I think at this point, I like him so much, I don't even care.

Someone knocks on the door and I tell them to come in.

Nathan pokes his head in and looks at Brie. "Come out here for a sec, babe." He says softly.

She gives us a sheepish look and mumbles back okay and he leaves.

"He's so fucking hot." Serena mouths.

"I know." I whisper back.

"I'm kind of nervous. I made him mad this morning." Brie says nervously.

"It's fine-" Serena starts.

"Brianna!" Nathan calls out from outside.

"You should go." Serena says and I nod in agreement.

Brie chuckles softly then rushes out the door.

"So did you attend this week's sisters' meeting?"

"Yeah, I did. Simone was there. She's been pretty low key these days. I haven't seen her in so long." She answers.

"Are you guys friends?"

"I mean, I've known her a long time so we hang out sometimes."

"Yeah, I don't really like her." I bite my lip.

"People think that you're avoiding each other because you guys attend when the other is not around."

"She's avoiding me. I don't really care about her." I shrug.

That is the truth but I fail to my mention is the reason why Simone is avoiding me is because I threatened to expose her after she told Eva that she and Adam has slept together while she was married.

Since then she's been steering clear of me because she's afraid I will tell everyone her secret. I might but right now I have things that are more important to deal with.

****

"I think you need to get a girlfriend." I tell Tyler after we come downstairs. We're in the kitchen. He's keeping me company as I cook while everyone else is doing their own thing around the house.

"What?"

"And as your best friend, I feel like it's my duty to find you one." I continue as I pipe some cream for the Millie Feuille that I'm making.

"I don't want a girlfriend. I'm single AF and I love it." He shrugs.

"Oh come on, you haven't had a girlfriend since you know who. I really think you should have one. I don't want you to keep being alone."

"I am not alone. Single AF in my case means single and fucking." He smirks.

"Gosh." I shake my head at him, smiling.

"Fine, I will get a girlfriend when you and Adam are together."

I raise my eyebrow. "What makes you think that's going to happen?"

"Cause you're you. I don't know about him but I don't think there's anything sweeter than coming back from a long trip and seeing my wife throw me a welcome back party."

"Yeah, I'm amazing." I grin.

"Hey, am I early?" Nick pokes his head into the kitchen.

"No, you're perfectly on time." I walk over to him. "Hi, it's so good to see you." I hug him.

"Good to see you too. Thanks for having me." He hugs me back.

"Thanks for coming."

"Well, you said you were cooking so I mean," He grins and I chuckle.

"Hey man." Tyler speaks and they shake hands.

Thirty minutes later, we are all sitting in the living room, hanging out and waiting for Adam and Chase.

Camilla came over and she and Nick have been flirting nonstop.

Nathan has his arms around Brie, Rafael and Serena are arguing about something while Tyler and I are sitting beside each other but we're both on our phones.

"They're here!"

"Everyone should hide and when they come in, we should all yell surprise." I tell them.

"This is ridiculous." Nathan mumbles but Brie nudges him and they both hide behind the couch.

I look around and when I see everyone has hidden, I go down under the table.

Like two minutes later, I hear Adam and Chase's voices in the hallway.

"What is going on here?"

"I can see your hair coming out of the curtain, Serena and we saw all your shoes." Chase says in amusement.

Shit!

"Yeah, fuck this." Nathan says and I'm pretty sure he's shown himself.

I sigh and also stand up from behind the arm chair and glare at him, muttering "Thanks."

"You can all come out now." I say and everyone comes out.

"Dude, your wife wanted to surprise you but Nathan ruined of course." Nick said, glaring at Nathan.

I look at Adam and he has a blank expression on his face. Chase grins at me, "Oh, really?"

I should have known Adam wasn't going to be impressed by this. Well, the real reason why I invited anyone is because I don't want things to be awkward when I see him.

He looks ridiculously hot. He's wearing a navy suit and it fits him perfectly as always. His hair is slightly messy and his eyes look a bit tired under his long lashes.

He starts talking with his friends and talking to everyone while I just take a seat. I'm so freaking nervous.

"Thirteen hours flight. Man, I'm so tired." Chase groans.

"Yeah" Adam agrees.

They all start talking but I don't pay attention to what they're saying till Adam comes over to me, kisses me on the cheek then goes back to the conversation.

****

Everyone is now in the dining room eating so I come to the kitchen to finish clearing up.

I get startled when I hear a noise behind him and when I turn around I see Adam. "Oh, it's you." I sigh in relief then go back to what I was doing.

I don't know what to say to him so ignoring him might just be the key.

"Hey, come here." He reaches for my hand and pulls me to him. "Give me a hug." He says wrapping his arms around me.

I feel my eyes tearing up as I hug him back, melting into him and close my eyes.

"How are you?"' He asks softly in my ear.

"Good. I've missed you." I mumble in his chest, inhaling his delicious scent.

He pulls back and looks at me, pushing my hair away from my face. "Yeah?"

I nod softly.

"I missed you too. You don't text or call me anymore. I-"

"Hi, guys!" Camilla pops into the kitchen.

Camilla's outfit

"Hey!" I let go of Adam and look at her.

She clears her throat and gives me a look that clearly indicates she's wants to tell me something.

"I will see you later." Adam says, lightly squeezing my waist and he leaves.

"You won't believe what I just saw!" Cam says with disbelief in her eyes.

"What?"

"Some girl Caelynn texted Adam on his phone." She says.

"I know her. She's his friend."

"Yes but-"

"Oh my God, Cam! Did you go through his phone?!" I yell softly.

"No! The phone was next to me and the message popped on the screen. Look, I took a picture." She says and hands me her phone.

I shake my head and take the phone from her and as I look at the screen, my whole body goes rigid. I feel a tight painful feeling in my heart.

What the fuck?

Caelynn: Hey! It was nice sleeping in your bed last night. My clothes still smell like you...xx

"Oh my God," I whisper.

"I'm so sorry, Amelia." Cam says softly.

It doesn't make sense to me. Is he sleeping with Caelynn? What in the world?!

****

After everyone left, I came to my room and see about twenty shoes boxes. Someone knocks and I ask them to come in.

Talia comes in and says, "These are your gifts from Mr Black."

"How many are they?" I ask.

Seriously, I'm not even excited for the shoes. My mood is down. I'm sure everyone downstairs noticed.

"Two dozen. One dozen of each brand."

"Okay, can you help me put them in my closet? We can arrange them tomorrow."

"Of course." She says.

We put the shoes in my shoe closet and she leaves. I'm so tired to I change into my nightwear and hop on the bed.

I hear Adam's knock on the door and I freeze. I know how he knocks so it has become recognizable.

"Come in."

His tall sexy figure comes into the room and I stare. "Hey." He says.

"Hi."

"Are you okay? It seems that something was wrong downstairs."

"I'm fine. Thanks for the shoes."

"You saw the shoes?"

"Yeah."

"Do you not like them?"

"I haven't opened the boxes."

He frowns. "Amelia, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"There's obviously something wrong."

You know what? What the hell? "What's going on between you and Caelynn?" I ask.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you two seeing each other?" I add,

"What the fuck?"

"Is there something going on between you and her?" I raise my voice so that he can hear me very well and clearly!

"Who told you that?"

"I saw the text she sent you. She said she enjoyed sleeping in your bed."

"So?"

"So what is she to you? And don't you dare say it's none of my business. I have the right to know."

"Right to know what exactly? You're being ridiculous."

I glare at him, frowning then take a pillow and throw it at him.

"Ow!"

"Get out." I say to him, trying to hold back my tears.

"There's nothing going on between her and I. I told you I don't do relationships." He says. He is so calm and collected. He's not yelling or anything.

"You know that's not what I mean. Why the fuck was she in your bed?"

He just rolls his eyes at me.

"Answer me, you jerk!"

"No! You're being crazy. Do you really think that I would cheat on you?"

I shrug. "I don't know! You made it clear that this marriage only exists to you on paper so it wouldn't be considered cheating since you and I are not really together."

"Caelynn needed a place so I asked her to stay in my old fucking house! I have not seen her probably since that night at Marble. I'm literally just coming from the airport while she's been here in town for God knows how long!" He explains angrily.

"Whatever."

"Why do you even care?" He asks softly.

"Why the fuck do you think?"

He stares at me, his jaw clenching. "Is this about what you said in Paris?"

"Of course it is! My friends think that the reason you don't want to be with me is because there's someone else."

"There isn't. I am a successful businessman. I don't have the time or any desire to be in a relationship. I have things that are more important. Love is just a waste of time." He explains emotionlessly.

"But you date other women."

"Yes, I am a man and I have needs. I take women on dates then go to bed with them . There has never been a romantic connection from my side. I haven't been in love since-"

"Eva?"

He closes his eyes. "Yes and looking back, I'm not sure if I ever loved her right."

"But you and other women-"

"There hasn't been anything one since I married you and even in the past, it was mainly physically." He explains. Gosh men! They really can't keep it in their pants, can they?

"Really?"

"Yes," He says moving closer to me on the bed and smirks, "Why would I want anybody else when I have you? You are incredibly beautiful, smart, kind and so fucking hot. I you as my wife."

"Yes, you are but you don't want me."

"I've been attracted to you from the moment I laid eyes on you but you deserve so much more. You deserve love and happiness, someone you can always count on. That is not me. I'm fucked up in more ways that you can imagine."

I wonder if he still sees a therapist because he is suffering from some self hatred shit. He doesn't even believe that I really like him.

And he can't like me back because he doesn't have the ability to have feelings but he's attracted to my body. Wow!

I look into his eyes. "What if you're the only one I want?"

"Once you get to see the ugly sides of me, you'd be running." He deadpans.

I bite my lips and look down.

"Look, Amelia, you mean so much to me." He says, sexily. God! I love his voice.

But what the fuck does that even mean? He keeps saying that. I mean so much to him then what?

I think he's just confused, honestly.

I shake my head. "I don't understand you."

"You don't have to. Just trust me."

"On what?"

"Amelia, I care about you more than anything. I can't even put it into words that's why this is for the best, I promise."

"Yeah." I just say.

He stares at me then he covers my shoulder with my duvet. "Goodnight." He says and then he leaves.

I let out a deep breath after he closes the door.

This keeps getting harder and harder. It sucks being stuck in this position and not having any idea what to do. I obviously can't control how I feel.

Adam seems to think that he's hear is not capable of love. That he has no feelings.

I just don't get why.

Sometimes I feel like I should just runaway and disappear from this life. This shouldn't have happen. My marriage to him, my feelings.

Liam and I would have been getting ready to celebrate our one year anniversary. Sometimes I miss him. Even though I hated the way things ended, I was happy with him and we were in love.

But with Adam, it's much more intense. He makes me crazy but I have never met anyone like him. He is so humble, he is honest, kind and he cares about me.

I see and feel how much he cares. He's always making an effort to make me happy and make sure I get everything I want even though in his mind, this is a fake marriage and he's never going to love me.

I love being in his arms and even his slightest touch makes feel things I've never felt around any other guy.

And if he makes feel this way and cares about me this much now, I can't imagine how perfect it would be when we're in love.

****

Hi guys!

I know it's been a while. I've been so stressed lately.

So what do you think of this chapter?

Is Adam hiding too much from Amelia?

Should she just get over him?

But do we feel sorry for her?😭

Things are going start getting real from the next chapter do please vote, comment and share.

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
190K 7.4K 32
A R💗mance N💖vella Do you know why you're told to never get drunk? It's because you wake up and discover you made choices you never would have made...
266K 7.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
860K 32.2K 28
THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO 'A BAD BOY'S SECRET'. Amelia was seventeen when she first met and fell in love with Aidan Richards in sunny California. Putting...