SALEM แตˆ แตแตƒหกแถ แต’สธ

By cherrymalfoys

โ you're like a mystery just waiting to be solved. โž in which ๐ฆ๐š๐ซ๐ ๐จ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž... More

๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฏ๐–†๐–Ž๐–‘๐–ž ๐•ป๐–—๐–”๐–•๐–๐–Š๐–™
- o. ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ, ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ?
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ. nineteen ninety-five
i. Operation: Rescue Harry 101
ii. Screaming Contest
iii. The Art of Eavesdropping
iv. September First
v. The Woman in Pink
vi. Accidents Happen
vii. The Dreaded Defense Lesson
viii. The Meeting in Hog's Head
ix. Unexpected Company
x. Mythbusters
xi. Dumbledore's Army
xii. A Fight, a Book, and a Dream
xiii. Unnatural Phenomena
xiv. Flowers and Pendants
xv. News Bearer
xvi. Caught
xviii. Stinging Confusion
xix. Fred and George Weasley
xx. What the F*ck
xxi. When Plans Go Wrong
xxii. The Department of Mysteries
xxiii. Propchecies and Death Eaters
xxiv. The Brightest of Stars
xxv. The End is Just Beginning
๐„๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ.
๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฏ๐–†๐–Ž๐–‘๐–ž ๐•ป๐–—๐–”๐–•๐–๐–Š๐–™
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ. nineteen ninety-six
i. Sweet Sixteen
ii. Veela Alert
iii. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
iv. The Slug Club
v. Liquid Luck
vi. Worst Hogsmeade Trip Ever
vii. Therapy Sessions
viii. Quidditch Victories and Romantic Let-Downs
ix. A Helping Hand
x. Slughorn's Party
xi. A Christmas Surprise
xii. A Change of Heart
xiii. The Three D's
xiv. Sweet Night
xv. Under the Stars
xvi. The Fox and Girl Talks
xvii. The Love Aroma
xviii. Unfortunate Birthdays
xix. Confrontations
xx. Sectumsempra
xxi. First and Last Time
xxii. Unfair
๐„๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ.
๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฏ๐–†๐–Ž๐–‘๐–ž ๐•ป๐–—๐–”๐–•๐–๐–Š๐–™
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ. nineteen ninety-seven
i. Operation: Rescue Harry 101, The Sequel
ii. Party Crasher
iii. Dumbledore's Will
iv. Wedding Crashers
v. Ministry Infiltrations
vi. Failures
vii. The Splitting of Ways
viii. The Christmas Miracle
ix. The Sword in The Lake
x. Not-So-Great Reunion
xi. The Hallows
xii. The Snatchers and the Snatched
xiii. Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
xiv. Shell Cottage (Again)
xv. We Plan a Heist
xvi. Dragon
xvii. Welcome Home
xviii. The Reunion I've Been Waiting For
xix. Shit Goes Down
xx. The Room of Hidden Things
xxi. Inferno
xxii. An Uphill Battle
xxiii. Sacrifice
xxiv. Revolution
xxv. Peace
xxvi. An Ending Well Deserved
๐€๐ ๐„๐๐ˆ๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„. two-thousand and seventeen
๐„๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ.
๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด,
๐„๐—๐“๐‘๐€๐’.
( ๐ข )
( ๐ข๐ข )
( ๐ข๐ข๐ข )

xvii. Detention

6.7K 260 139
By cherrymalfoys

JUST when I thought things couldn't get any worse, they go to absolute shit.

Dumbledore was gone. As in, he completely vanished along with Fawkes when a bunch of Ministry officials, the Minister himself, and Umbridge bombarded him regarding Dumbledore's Army.

Harry said Dumbledore had taken the blame but the actual person who decided to tattle was Marietta Edgecombe, who now sported a nasty pimple-fest that spelled the word sneak.

When I saw her face the next day I mentally listed another reason why I shouldn't anger Hermione.

After that whole fiasco, Umbridge immediately took action and appointed herself as the Headmistress.

Everywhere I turned it was all people could talk about. Some even striking up a conversation with Harry and asking him what really happened, which was what Ruby and Ernie were doing now. Despite me telling them to give the boy some space.

"Dumbledore will be back before long," Ernie said confidently, walking beside Harry as the rest of us trailed after them. "They couldn't keep him away in our second year and they won't be able to this time."

"Also," Ruby added in, lowering her voice into a whisper, "The Frat Friar told us that Umbridge tried to get into his office last night after they'd searched the castle and grounds for him. Couldn't get past the gargoyle. The Head's office has sealed itself against her."

I snorted. "Apparently, she had a right little tantrum."

"Oh, I expect she really fancied herself sitting up there in the Heads office," Hermione snarled. "Lording it over all the other teachers, that stupid puffed-up, power-crazy old—"

"Now, do you really want to finish that sentence, Granger?"

We halted just outside the Entrance Hall, especially me seeing as I recognized the patronizing voice instantly.

Just as I thought, Draco was back to being his normal self the day after I encountered him in the Astronomy Tower.

In fact ever since Umbridge became Headmistress he seemed more proud and insufferable than he'd ever been before.

We turned around to face him, glancing at one another with series of eye rolls and scowls. He was flanked on either side by his meaty sidekicks, looking ready to punch anything that got in their way.

"Afraid I'm going to have to dock a few points from Gryffindor and Hufflepuff," said Draco, his face glowing with malice.

"What?" I exclaimed, taking an angry step forward. "What did we even do?"

His gaze flickered on my figure for a split second before looking away.

"It's only teachers who can dock points from houses, Malfoy," Ernie retorted.

"Yeah, we're prefects too, remember?" Ron growled.

"I know prefects can't dock points, Weasel King," sneered Draco. "But members of the Inquisitorial Squad—"

"The what!" Hermione asked angrily.

"The Inquisitorial Squad, Granger." He pointed you a tiny silver I pinned on his robes. "A select group of students who are supportive of the Ministry of Magic, hand-picked by Professor Umbridge."

"You mean a select group of thick-headed gits who are supportive of idiotic self-righteousness," I spat, crossing my arms and glaring at him and his posse.

He chuckled and chided me with a shake of his head. "Another word from that mouth, Lovett, and you'll soon find yourself in detention," he warned.

Just as I was about take another step forwards, Hermione grabbed my arm and rooted me in place.

"Anyway," Draco continued, "members of the Inquisitorial Squad have the power to dock points, so. . ."

He turned to Hermione and grinned. "Granger, I'll have five from you for being rude about our new Headmistress."

"Macmillan." He pointed a slim finger at Ernie. "Five for contradicting me."

He glared at Harry. "Five because I don't like you, Potter."

"Are you serious?" I muttered.

"Weasley, your shirts untucked, so I'll have another five for that," Draco continued, smirking gleefully as the list went on.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot, you're both Mudbloods, Granger and Hawthorne, so ten off each for that."

"Take that back, you arse!" I shouted, struggling against Hermione's hold.

"That's ten from you, Lovett." He smirked. "Had to save the best for last." With one last mock salute at all of us, Draco sauntered away, followed closely by a grinning Crabbe and Goyle.

"He was bluffing," said Ernie, frozen and appalled. "He cant be allowed to dock points. . .that would be ridiculous. . .it would completely undermine the prefect system."

Almost simultaneously, we automatically turned towards the giant hour glass displayed along the wall.

Seeing only Slytherin's hour glass still having their emerald stones left a bitter taste in my mouth.

POTIONS felt like a centuries-long lecture.

I didn't know how I managed to last with Draco sitting next to me, especially with what happened earlier.

We were asked to brew a Hair-Raising Potion, some have been brewed incredibly wrong and left people with half of their hair fried off. A handful of people sported a different hair color altogether.

Towards the front, I spotted Ruby vigorously stirring her potion, much to Susan Bones' dismay who started to scold her quietly.

She caught my eye and gave me an exasperated look, making me snicker.

I glanced beside me to see Draco bent over his cauldron, peering inside with his brows knitted together in concentration. He was so focused that he didn't seem to mind the steam rising on his face.

"You know," I said nonchalantly, "if you move any closer you might just singe your eyebrows away."

Draco snorted and ignored me, continuing to add more chopped-up rat tails.

"You think if I pour this all over your head you'll go bald?" he mused to himself.

"Why don't we test that idea?" I said cheerfully. "You can go first!"

We didn't say anything else after that. Thankfully, we managed to keep from bickering back and forth for the rest of the lesson, which was a relief because the potion was proving to be trickier as I added more ingredients.

The real trouble only started when the class ended.

Draco left before Snape even started to tell us about our essay deadlines, leaving his workspace a complete mess.

"Brat," I mumbled as I watched his back leave the classroom.

I cleaned my own worktable, returning the ingredients in the shelves and scourging the cauldron. Hiking my satchel on my shoulder, I joined Ruby and Ernie by the doorway.

"Thanks," I said, grateful that they waited for me.

We were about to walk out of the classroom until I heard Professor Snape's nasally voice call out to me.

"Miss Lovett."

I cursed internally, taking a moment to roll my eyes then turned to the two of them.

"You two go ahead, I'll see you in the Common Room."

"You sure?" Ruby asked.

I nodded, saluted them and walked backwards only to see Snape gesture to the only table that was not empty.

"Sir, that's Draco's table," I said.

"I am very well aware that is Mr. Malfoy's table, however seeing that you are his partner it is your duty to clean up after him too," said Snape, unblinking and bored, his fingers carefully turning the pages of an essay.

I stifled a scoff as I stared at him. Hearing the snickers of other students around me made me flush in embarrassment. "But, Sir—"

He raised an eyebrow, daring me to say more.

I shut my mouth reluctantly and stomped to the table.

All this because that idiot lacks the brain cell to clean after himself. I dared to glare at Snape, thankful that he was too busy grading essays to catch me.

I knew it in my gut that he saw Draco leave earlier than everyone else, but as usual, Snape let him off the hook merely because he was a fellow Slytherin.

I gritted my teeth, keeping down the comments that would surely leave Hufflepuff with no more house points. Or worse, land me in detention. With Umbridge as Headmistress now, I knew I had to avoid her detentions at all costs.

With a flick of my wand, the cauldron was finished, not bothering to spare Snape another glance as I left the empty classroom in a rush.

What I saw outside made the build up of white, hot rage finally explode inside me.

Draco was casually leaning his shoulder against the wall of classroom, hands in his pockets. With his tie loosened up, I resisted the urge to grab it and pull it against his neck.

"Enjoyed the extra work?" he smirked, pushing himself from the wall to block my way.

Breathe, Margo.

I exhaled slowly and walked past him, purposely bumping against his shoulder in spite.

I didn't trust my mouth to speak, knowing that this anger I felt would only get worse if I let it consume me.

It didn't help that he hurried up to block my way again, smiling cruelly as he probably thought about his success.

Merlin, he was like an annoying shadow.

"You left it a mess on purpose," I seethed, brushing past him again and quickening my pace.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he said, mocking an offended tone.

Once we were out of hearing range from Snape's classroom and in an empty corridor, it was only then did I stop and glower him down. Or up, since he was almost a head taller.

"Don't give me that bullshit, Draco!" I said angrily. "How hard is it to clean up after yourself? Don't tell me you lack the brain cells for it too!"

Draco's smirk slipped away from his face and was immediately replaced with a sneer, making his features appear almost more snake-like.

"If anyone lacks brain cells, it's you, Lovett. Hanging out with Mudbloods and Blood-Traitors like some cult, it's sure to deprive you of any," he spat, glaring down at me so intensely.

I laughed humorously and glared back. "Like you're such a saint saying that, looking at the type of sort you put up with," I said. "All of you lot have nothing better to do with your lives than to bully other people. It's pathetic!"

Draco gritted his teeth. "Another word, Lovett, and I'll—"

"You'll what?" I shot back, letting my anger control my unstoppable words. "Run up to the Astronomy Tower and hide your tears again?"

Draco staggered back as if something shot him in the chest.

I heaved heavily and glared at his face, feeling the angry wave slowly transform into still waters until it just evaporated.

As I stared up at Draco, the feeling was almost immediately replaced by guilt. It dawned upon me how the weight of my words seemed to affect him.

He looked at me with an unreadable expression. His face was guarded, his jaw clenched tightly, even ticking a few times, and his nostrils flared.

His eyes looked darker than they usually were, despite us standing in an open corridor where the sun poured in. Something else flashed in them, an emotion I recognized as hurt.

I blinked repeatedly as the glare and scowl slipped from my face.

"I. . ." I said weakly.

The corridor grew cold, the air around us felt like it was staring at me icily. I resisted the urge to shiver under my robes in spite of standing right where the sun's rays were hitting my figure.

He regarded disdainfully, looking down at me as if I was nothing but dirt on the soles of his shoe. Maybe I was, because that's how I felt.

"Draco. . .I didn't mean. . ."

He only told me one thing that made chills run down my back. 

"Detention, Lovett. In an hour with Umbridge."

I blanched. "Wait a minute—"

"As a part of the Inquisitorial Squad I have direct orders from the Headmistress herself," he said flatly.

I gulped, remembering just how Umbridge does her detentions. "But—"

Before I could utter another word, Draco gave me one last cold glare and walked away, leaving me in an empty corridor with nothing but a guilty conscience.

I had no other choice. After all, classes just finished which means that I was detention-bound sooner or later.

Breaking away from my trance-like state, it took a few minutes and some breathing exercises to gather my thoughts together. 

Breathe in, breathe out.

The first thing I needed to do was get to Umbridge's office first, then think about my impending doom.

My legs felt like jell-o as I walked down the corridor. I could feel the blood thumping through my ears, my palms clammy with sweat. I hastily wiped them on my robes, clutching the fabric as I willed myself to walk faster.

There was either a fifty-fifty chance that Draco knows about the type of detentions Umbridge puts students through. The only person who I knew who fell victim to her punishments were Harry, but that was it.

Oh, how lucky I am to be the second person this year! Clearly, sarcastically speaking.

At least it wasn't every week, or everyday. But even that didn't make me feel better.

Like the flick of a switch, my emotions went into overdrive. I let out a frustrated yell, grinding my teeth so hard I was afraid that the pressure would cause them to crack.

I was angry at Draco because he purposely left his table a mess, even angrier at Snape for asking me to clean it all up. I was angry that Draco gave me detention for finishing something that he started. But most importantly, I was angry at myself for letting that comment slip out in the first place; a comment that most likely hit too close to home.

When I finally reached her office, I didn't even have to tell the gargoyle the password. It simply let down the steps and allowed me to climb up. I swallowed down the bile as I realized that she was expecting me.

How'd she even find out so fast?

You're a witch, Margo. You in a world of magic, I chided to myself and internally groaned.

My knock was followed by a feminine cough and a Come in! and upon twisting the doorknob, what greeted me inside almost made me want to tear my eyeballs apart.

Umbridge had completely revamped Dumbledore's office into that of a dollhouse. Every single furniture was either pink in color or had traces of it, lined with prissy lace trimmings. On several walls, fine china plates held purring cats and kittens of every breed imaginable. Even the walls had been painted a pale pink.

Sitting right behind the mahogany desk was Umbridge, wearing (you guessed it!) pink.

She officially ruined the colour pink for me.

Seeing her there with her arms folded against her chest sent a jolt down my spine, reminding me why I was even here in the first place. I could already feel my left hand tingling with pain.

"Good afternoon, Miss Lovett," she said sweetly then paused. "Do you know the reason you are present here this afternoon?"

"Yes," I said stiffly.

She fluttered her eyelashes, cocking her head sideways. "Yes?"

"Because I received detention," I said, stifling a snarl.

"And what was the reason for you to receive this detention?"

I exhaled through my nose. "Because I provoked Draco Malfoy," I said timidly, my voice with a hint of regret.

"That's right," she said, then gestured to the side where a small desk and a chair were placed. "You're going to be writing some lines for me today. Go on, take a seat."

I nodded numbly, walking towards the desk like I was about to be sentenced to death. As soon as I spotted the Blood Quill I wanted to run away, but I planted myself in the chair and willed myself to speak.

"What will I be writing?" My voice has a slight tremor to it.

Umbridge smiled cruelly. "You will write, 'I must not provoke others'."

I wanted to scream at her, tell her that it was all a big misunderstanding; a big melodramatic mistake. To tell her that Draco was being unreasonable for giving me this detention but I swallowed the words down.

A nagging voice at the back of my head screamed at me, telling me I deserved this.

I took a deep breath and stared at the tip of the quill, remembering how red Harry's hand became and still is to this day. Without another thought, I started to write.

After the first, line nothing happened. When I got to the second line I already started to feel the pricking sensation. I chewed on my bottom lip, determined not to let a whimper out or even look at my left hand.

By the time I got to the fifth line the pain was unbearable. It felt like a fresh wound being reopened over and over again. Tears were threatening to fall from the corners of my eyes but I blinked rapidly to make them go away.

"I think that will do," Umbridge announced. "You're dismissed."

I immediately dropped the pen, letting out a sigh of relief. Without another word, I gathered my satchel and prepared myself to walk out the door but stopped when Umbridge cleared her throat behind me.

"Ehem, ehem."

Still not acknowledging my left hand, I turned around slowly, not bothering to hide the withering glare I sent her way.

"I do hope you learn from this lesson, Miss Lovett," she said sympathetically, "after all, old wounds sting when they are reopened."

Without another word, I left her office, slammed her door and ran.

I didn't know where my legs were taking me but I just went with my instincts. I didn't even have the time to think of a destination.

I ran until my lungs burned and my legs shook, I didn't realize I was already crying until my vision was blurred with tears and I couldn't see where I was going — or who I bumped into.

"Woah!"

If it weren't for them steadying me, I would've fallen flat on my face which would only add more insult to injury.

"I'm sorry—I. . ." I hiccuped, looking at the appalled face of Lee Jordan.

"I'm sorry," I said again, dashing away before anyone else can see me.

.

[P.S]
back with another chapter! i personally love this one
it's been quite busy for me since i have so much pending school work that i have to complete so i can't find the time to properly write :(
but what do you guys think of this chapter? :>
— author

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 32K 46
โ๐ˆ'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐ญ ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ˆ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐ž๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ฉ๐ž, ๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐›๐š๐ซ๐›๐ž๐...
2.4M 76.3K 187
In which the marauders generation watch Athena Potters life and see the dangers of which awaits them. Where friends becomes enemies and enemies becom...
109K 3.3K 36
เฟเพ‚ เผ˜ึจ๐–ฆน In which they're childhood friends... she's a Lupin-black and he's a Potter. Oh yeah, and in...
114K 4K 41
โYou're not going to take no for an answer, are you?โž โYou should know the answer to that by now, Harry.โž โ‚ Life has always been a bit disorganized f...