Worth Fighting For (Completed...

By NiranjanaNepol

You can ask me anything but about one man. Don't ask me, "why is he doing this?" and "Why doesn't he do this... More

1 Heart Beat
Untitled Part 2
3 By hook or by crook
4 Path to the Destiny
5 Change of plan
6 Yours Husband
7 Outrage
8 Two Options
9 Faint- Hearted Girl
10 Spur
11 Gust of Air
12 Butterflies Again
13Heart Feel
14 Downpour on the Desert
15 Showing Happiness
16 Evil's Entry
17 Examination
18 My Mom's Heart
19 Life Taking Moment
20 Devi Maiya's Grace
21 Is that Asha's Job?
22 Expressive Eyes
23 He knows the Truth
24 I Love You a Loooot
25 Poisoned Food
26 Possessive Monster
27 Boomerang
28 I Knew...
29 Difference...
30 Saree
32 She is my wife
33 Queen
34 Angered Child
35 Reason
36 Consultation
37 Romantic Arnavji
38 Unexpected Peck
39 Temple Visit
40 Heart Feel
41 Mother's place
42 Hearty Feeling
43 Order...
44 What Tomorrow?
45 Atonement
46 The Diamond Ring
47 Forgiveness
48 Spoilt Brat
49 Unknown Side
50 The Phone Call
51 Acceptance
52 The New Couple
53 Judgement
54 Last Part
55 Epilogue

31 Saree

6.9K 380 28
By NiranjanaNepol

Part31 Saree

Arnav's penetrating gaze churned the trio's stomach. Tina suppressed her hands to control the shiver whereas Khushi felt her throat dry. But Uditha had little hope as she is the one who told him Tina's call about the poisoned food. Though she bowed down...

Khushi started taking slow steps towards Arnav meeting his eyes. Arnav maintained the eye lock with her, walking towards her.

Khushi (clutched her hands): Arnavji...

Her voice as well as her cold palm told him her state. She entwined her fingers. Soft palm of hers definitely had the potential to make him collapse. And Arnav felt it.

Khushi: Tina is the one who alerted me about the poisoned food. She is not what you are thinking Arnavji. She really is repenting for what her mother had done to you. She just came to know about my health condition. Actually, I too want to thank her for helping me to save you Arnavji...

She managed to recite all this in between her shivering voice.

Arnav removed her hand making Khushi nervous. He started walking, making her more nervous. He stopped and turned his head towards Tina. She gulped, clutching her shawl.

As no one expected...Arnav said,

Arnav(looking at Tina): Thanks.

Uttering it, he headed to his room, with "no more confusion" face. We should thank God as the trio didn't get HEART ATTACK. They went like a statue. They took a few seconds to back to reality.

ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA Thanked Tina?

They continued their unbelievable stare at the stairs for long, even after Arnav left to his room.

They looked at one another with the same expression. Khushi smiled closing her mouth by her palm whereas Tina got tears in her eyes. She couldn't believe that Arnav really said that. She rushed to Khushi and hugged her crying. Khushi tapped her back lovingly.

Khushi: I know... my Arnavji is a man of excellence.

Tina (nodding yes): But I didn't expect that I would see the other side of him. It's because of you Bhabi.... Thank you so much.

Khushi: You deserve it.

Tina: I love you so much Bhabi...

Khushi: I too love you so much for your help.

Tina: It's my responsibility... in fact, I'm selfish here. I don't want my mother to become a murderer. She is already a sinner Bhabi...

She said wiping her running tears.

Khushi: Everything will be alright.

Tina: I really wish so...

Khushi: Don't worry... Devi Maiya won't give up on good people.

She nodded yes.

Tina: ok Bhabi... I have to go.

Khushi: But why? Your Bhai is fine with his sister's presence it seems... hmmm?

She said smilingly.

Tina(smilingly): I don't want to take advantage of his generousness Bhabi.

Khushi(sighing): Ok. but keep coming...

Tina: Sure...

They shared a formal hug and Tina left.

Khushi rushed to her room. Arnav who just came out of the washroom rooted seeing her. Khushi rushed to him and hugged. Arnav smiled mildly.

Khushi: You are so good Arnavji...

Arnav's smile widened.

Khushi: I thought you would shout at us.

She said nothing that Arnav doesn't know. Of course, she would have thought so. He touched her head fondly.

Khushi: She is a good girl Arnavji.

Arnav nodded yes.

Khushi: Are not you angry with Tina?

Arnav: I know she is the one who alerted you.

Khushi: How do you know?

Arnav: Do you think, I will take the issue lightly, even after you got affected?

Khushi nodded no again nuzzling into his chest.

Arnav: get me coffee.

Khushi looked at him amazingly, raising her head. She was surprised as he asked for coffee without reciprocating her hug. Maybe, he is tired. She rushed to the kitchen to prepare him coffee.

In the meanwhile, in Malik Residence

Arvind sighed in irritation seeing an unknown number on his mobile. He knew the call must be coming from Asha. He attended it making himself up.

Asha: Why not you do anything to bring me out of the bars?

Arvind: Do you think I'm not doing?

Asha: Then what? The copes shifted me to the central jail. Still, you are silent. why?

Arvind: Obviously they would shift you because you are in remand for fifteen days. I can do nothing until the next hearing.

Asha(irritatingly): You mean, I should be in the jail for fifteen days?

Arvind: No choice.... You have to.

Asha disconnected the call not hearing more from Arvind. She understood that Arvind is playing double game with her. She gritted her teeth. There is no use of expecting Arvind to help her. Yes... She should not have believed Arvind. He would never dare to help her because Arnav is always his priority. He won't miss the chance to get patch-up with Arnav. She has to find her own solution. She is the responsibility of her own problem.

RM

When Khushi came with his coffee, Arnav was working on his laptop. Giving him the coffee, she sat on the tea table, in front of him, beside the laptop. He raised his head towards her face.

Arnav(while sipping coffee): Is it necessary to wear Saree at home too?

Khushi: Why Arnavji? Am I not looking good in Saree?

Arnav: You are looking something beyond "GOOD". Actually, girls prefer something light these days. Are not you uncomfortable?

Khushi: Are you uncomfortable with the three-piece suit?

Arnav looked at her with an "I have lost" smile.

Khushi: No, right?

Arnav: if you used to be in casuals, you won't prefer saree.

Khushi: But why are you arguing so much on a silly matter?

She giggled.

Arnav: Why are you so much adamant to wear saree?

Khushi: It's because of you.

Arnav (surprised): Me?

He could really not understand why?

Khushi: Didn't you say I'm looking "young"? To show myself a BIG girl, I'm wearing saree.

She said childishly.

Arnav (teasingly): In school dramas, small kids also drape saree, doesn't mean they are BIG...

It surely made Khushi drop her jaw. She pouted with mewl. Arnav chuckled at her cute expression.

Night

Khushi changed the saree and lay on the bed. Pecking her forehead Arnav rested on her chest. Within a few seconds, he slept as usual giving a tough time to Khushi.

Khushi had no doubt that Arnav loves her so much. But she couldn't understand one thing. "Why Arnav is keeping distance form her?" yeah... Arnav is keeping a distance from Khushi. Of course, he rests on her chest, sleeps with her, hugs her, pecks her forehead, feeds her... but... these things won't make them a "COMPLETE COUPLE". Of course, it's an undeniable truth that LOVE is CARE, UNDERSTANDING, and RESPECT. Those things make the relationship undoubtedly stronger. But physical distancing makes everything spoil. Doesn't Arnav know that? He does. Still, why he is distancing? Khushi didn't get the answer.

To be continued...

Next update on Inkitt

She is my wife

Khushi has been lying on the bed, having Arnav on her chest and confusion on her mind. She slept only in the midnight. There is no difference in Arnav's behavior the next morning also. Khushi couldn't stay calm. She stood behind Arnav who was wearing saree today also. Arnav turned towards her, sensing her.

Arnav (adjusting his tie): Do you want to say something?

Khushi: Are you angry with me?

Arnav: Why should I be?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.5K 3.8K 35
Hello Readers! This was originally a Bepannaah/Adiya fanfic, but I am publishing this story as an Arshi fanfic as well. I hope this fandom enjoys thi...
135K 8.9K 48
Khushi, a girl of dreams left her city due to continuous threatening. She shocked to the core to see a man whom she loved the most. The man who eve...
109K 8.3K 37
Do not let your past blackmail your present and ruin your beautiful future. Arnav Singh Raizada, youngest of four siblings. Arrogance and ego are the...
411K 13K 35
20 May 2019 #209 out of 296K on 22/06/2019 in #shortstory #1 out of 116 on 22/06/2019 in #gupta #15 out of 1.21K on 22/06/19 in #ipkknd #20 out of 1...