Blooded to a Vampire

By KrazyObsession

I'm Kiera Calloway and I'm a witch. No, seriously. I am. The day of my Awakening, the High Priestess of my... More

Blooded To A Vampire
The Awakening and the Meet
The Broken Arrow
The Unforeseen Guest
The Bruise
Like Flying
My Cake
My Tell
Murmurs In The Dark
The Challenge
I Blame Paranormal Activity
To Help With The Sound
Pizza, Gore and One Word
Cruel Truths
Sarcastic Snakes And Crappy Magic Spells
The Artist
BCWW, Burgers and Bermudas
Mine
My Thunder
Diamonds, Coded Passwords and Red Paint
Galaxy Of Unknown Truths
Endorphins and Entertainers
The Lull Before
The Storm
Pandemonium
Revelations
Yield To Me
Drowning
Peeing In The Past
My Family
Dark Oblivion
When The Past And Present Collide
Liar, Liar
Pants On Fire
I Do
Down Memory Lane
Blowing Up And Breaking Out
Not In Kansas Anymore
Time To Talk
Stuck
Terrible Truths and Beautiful Colors
Coincidences
Crown
No Man's Land
Almost
Crescendo
The Beginning

Sweeter, How?

12.9K 656 98
By KrazyObsession

Scissors cuts paper. Paper covers rock. Rock crushes lizard. Lizard poisons Spock. Spock smashes scissors. Scissors decapitates lizard. Lizard eats paper. Paper disproves Spock. Spock vaporizes rock. And, as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~You Know Who Said This <3

Onto the update!

Oh, song to the right/top is Trumpets by Jason Derulo. Loveeeeeeeeeee that song!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A stabbing pain to my abdomen jolted me awake.

Naturally, my first thought was: I'm dying.

When I looked at my stomach and saw that no knife or sword (or I don't know, iPhone charger?) was sticking out of my stomach and there was no blood, I heaved a sigh.

And the pain hit me again. Drawing in a gasp, I realized what it was.

Oh, fun. I'm getting my period.

A door banged open and Kiel was kneeling in front of me in seconds, his hands on my face, his violet eyes tracing my features, searching for what had distressed me.

When pain twisted my stomach, I pressed a hand to it, my face screwing up in discomfort.

"Kiera..what's wrong? I left for three seconds and you were only asleep for less than half an hour..." his words trailed off when he caught my resigned expression.

I sighed, "I'm fine." I grimaced when another cramp decided to ruin my life for a few seconds. I got up to stand, but Kiel pressed a hand to my shoulder, pressing me back down.

"We don't know where you're hurt, Kiera. Stay still."

I don't think Kiel realized, so I decided to tell him. Point blank.

"Kiel, I got my period." I said.

He froze.

He literally froze. Not a single muscle moved. He just stared at me, like he didn't even think of that possibility.

Okay, while this was entertaining and all, I really needed a tampon or a pad. STAT. Before this place turned into something out of the movie 300 after my uterus screams THIS IS SPARTA!

I pushed Kiel's hand off my shoulder and asked him where Gin's room was. He blinked a few times and then, picked me up and speed walked (in three seconds) to Gin's room. I slipped down to the floor carefully, don't want to antagonize my uterus, and knocked real hard on her door.

I did out code knock. One, two, one, two, three.

The door opened a minute later and Gin's eyes widened.

"I have just what you need!" she said, ushering me in and scowling at Kiel when he went to enter. He narrowed his eyes and stepped back, crossing his hands, as if to say he wasn't going to move. Gin shrugged, but shut the door in his face.

She then turned to me and said, "He's kind of swoony."

"True story." I muttered. "Now, tampon? Pad? Anything?"

She grinned, "You're late, you know." She said, as she went to the bathroom and started rummaging for something.

I followed her silently, counting back.

"Yeah...I guess I am."

"About a month and a half." She said, turning from whatever she was doing to hand me a pad. I looked at her jeans that she had in her hand.

"You had this in there?" I asked.

She grinned, "I pulled a Hermione Granger and made this jean pocket a replica of that beaded bag of hers."

I raised my eyebrows, "There's actually a spell like that?" I asked, walking to the jean pocket and slipping my hand in. My eyes widened when my hand could reach in way past my elbow almost to my shoulder. My hands knocked onto a few things that I would never be able to guess unless I saw them.

"Whoa." I said, pulling my hand out.

"So," Gin wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"What?" I asked frowning. When another stab pierced my abdomen, I winced.

"You're late." She said.

"Yeah.." I mean, with all the stress of what had been going on, it had messed with my cycle. Then again, my cycle was never too perfect to begin with.

Her lips lifted in a smirk.

"What?" I growled at her.

"You and Kiel." She said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"What about us?" I asked.

She made a very crude gesture with her hips and my jaw dropped.

"Are you serious? No. And you do know he can hear you right?" I asked.

She raised an eyebrow, "You still haven't hit that?"

I pressed a hand to my face. He had totally just heard that.

Eff my life.

I let out a huff of breath when pain started spreading to my back.

Oh God, back pain. What fresh hell was this?

"You haven't had sex with?" she asked, not in the least bothered that the topic of our conversation was listening in.

"I'm not having this conversation with you right now."

"Will your answers be different if he wasn't listening?" she asked, her hands on her hips.

Honestly, whose best friend was she?

I glared at her.

"No,"I ground out.

"No, you haven't had sex or no your answers won't be different?" she asked, enjoying this way too much.

I narrowed my eyes at her, gritting my teeth against my double cramp attack.

"Both." I said.

I was throwing her my, shut-up-right-fudging-now look. Didn't seem to have any effect on the demon.

"Why?" she asked.

"Why, what?" I asked, ushering her out of the bathroom so I could so what needed to be done.

"Why haven't you had sex?" she asked, exasperatedly pressing her hand to the door to keep it from completely closing, "Honestly, it's like pulling teeth, getting answers from you."

"We've been really busy." I said, truthfully.

She huffed out a laugh, "No one is busy enough to not have sex."

"Well, we were." I said, pushing the door with all my might.

"Do you not want to have sex with him?" she asked, just as I managed to shut the door on her face.

God.

Pressing a hand to my forehead I cringed, thinking about what Kiel would've thought about this whole conversation. Then I cringed again when the pain intensified.

Yep, that was my last warning.

I quickly donned on the pad that Gin, the Goddess/Demon, had given me and finally realized I was only wearing that shirt Kiel had given me. Oh well, it came up to the middle of the thighs. Wasn't so bad.

When I walked out, I felt as if I was going in for war. And I also felt like I needed to sleep. And have chocolate.

Oh God.

I almost shut my eyes, thinking about the dark sweet sin that was chocolate.

"You should have sex." She said, from where she was sitting on the bed.

"You should shut up." I suggested.

"I bet it would be really hot. And wild. He has that look." Gin said, her eyes glinting.

I really shouldn't encourage her when she was like this, but I was curious.

"What look?" she asked.

"The look. The look that says that one night in bed with him would be-"

I put a hand on her mouth and scowled, "I'm not sure how I feel about you talking about my mate's eyes like that."

"Bedroom eyes," she corrected, around my hand.

I frowned at her and shook my head.

"Seek help." I said. She stuck her tongue out at me and I walked away from her, shaking my head.

I opened the door to Kiel. He was in the exact same position as I had left him. I yawned in his face and walked to him, wrapping my arms around him. He uncrossed his hands and rubbed it down my back, exactly where it had started to throb in pain. I let out a sigh in temporary relief. But the stabs in my stomach had not lessened. In fact, their frequency had increased.

"Does it hurt?" he whispered.

I had the side of my face pressed against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Steady and strong.

"I don't believe in coincidences." My aunt's voice echoed in my head like a haunting memory. I pushed it aside, focusing on the present.

"So much," I whispered back.

He pressed a kiss to the top of my head, "I'm sorry." He murmured.

That...was the sweetest thing anybody had said.

So, naturally tears started collecting in my eyes.

"If I do anything weird these few days, just remember I love you." I said, just in case.

He pressed a finger to my chin and lifted my face up, "I won't ever forget," he promised me in the most serious face and voice ever.

His red and black hair was longer now so he had it pushed back, not that it was listening. His eyes were glowing softly and his piercing glinted sometimes when it caught the light in between his bangs.

Honestly, I did not need to be turned on right now. It did me no good.

"And stop being so good looking," I grumbled, pulling my chin out of his grasp and resting my cheek back against his heart. I liked listening to his heartbeat. It made me feel nice. Safe.

He chuckled again, rubbing my back.

I liked cuddling like this. I was going to be such a hormonal mess. Best I sleep through this phase.

"We have a lot of stuff to talk about." Kiel said, his hands still petting my back.

I cuddled closer, his warmth a lullaby in itself. "Like what?" he asked.

"Like what your aunt told you." He said.

I crushed him impossibly closer. "You heard?" I asked, afraid to look into his eyes.

"I did." He confessed.

"Well, I'm not letting anything happen to you." I promised.

He chest vibrated a little from his laugh and his words and I don't think I had ever felt more in peace with myself.

"Good, because I was shaking in my shoes."

I slapped my foot against his shin playfully and he caught my thigh, his reflexes like lightening. He lifted my leg slightly to wrap against his hip and I swallowed.

Bad timing. Seriously bad timing.

"Do I really have bedroom eyes?" Kiel asked, his hands landing right on my bum to lift me up so that I wasn't half on the floor and half on him and just...completely on him. My other leg went around his waist and my arms around his neck.

Did I mention bad timing? I don't think I can stress enough about that.

I snort, "That's what Gin says."

"I'm more interested in what you say, sweetheart." He said, nuzzling his nose against mine.

Um. What was the question?

I met Kiel's eyes, they were a little darker violet than usual, but they were glowing and they were trained on me, stripping away my walls and defences and looking right at me. When he concentrated on me like this...

My heart was trying to beat right out of my ribcage and right into his chest.

Oh, yeah. He had bedroom eyes.

"Yes. Definitely, yes." I said, shuddering when he smiled brilliantly, before dropping his head to nuzzle my neck. I felt his nostrils flare.

When a small moan that was guttural and painful at the same time slip out of his lips, I leaned back, surprised. I had never heard him make that sound before. It was the most uninhibited sound ever and I wanted to listen to it again.

His eyes were scrunched shut and his lower lips was caught in between his teeth. His face looked...a little pained.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He took a deep breath and let out a very similar groan, his head dropping a little as if he was searching for some patience.

"You smell..." his eyes flash open and there was black bleeding into his violet iris, even as his fangs started to descend. He had just drunk from me so he wasn't thirsty. Which meant that he was...

My awareness heightened and I pushed myself closer to him, drawn by the raw magnetism he exuded, when he was like this.

All of his sides attract me equally to him, however, this side of him; the side that gives up control has the pull that I cannot resist.

"Intoxicating." He said, his eyes closing, "Impossibly sweeter..."

They open again when I press a kiss to his jaw. I draw a line of kisses from his jaw to his cheek.

"Sweeter how?" I whisper, because I am crazy.

His eyes opened and he leaned his head back so that I can nuzzle him better.

"This definitely rates number one on my scarred-for-life list," a voice said.

Kiel didn't startle, but I could tell he hadn't scented anyone because he was distracted. He slowly slipped me to the floor and turned to meet Lazarus's eyes head on.

"You're lucky you're even in the same room as her."

"She's my mate." Kiel growled out.

When Lazarus opened his mouth again I spoke, "Honestly, now is not the time. I'm tired and going to sleep."

I turned on my heel and heard Kiel follow me.

"Not that I don't enjoy the view, but where are you going?" Kiel whispered in my ear.

"Our room," I stated matter of factly.

He tangled his fingers with mine, "How about I lead?" he asked.

My shoulders slumped when I realized what he wasn't saying was that we were heading in the wrong direction.

"Fine," I grumbled.

He swivelled us around and ushered us towards well, our room, I assume.

When he opened the door and was about to step in, I turned to face him and pressed a hand to his chest. He stopped, his eyes dropping to my hand.

"You've become really strong." He said.

"Sweeter how?" I asked again, smiling up at him.

He leaned forward and whispered, "If I start to tell you how much sweeter, I won't stop."

"I don't really see the problem..." I trailed off.

Kiel gave me an indulgent smile.

"Do you want to have sex?" he asked.

I was so shocked by the question, I stared. And stared. And stared some more.

"I didn't think so. Go sleep." he said, nodding his head to the bed.

I walked to the bed in a trance, successfully having been shut up.

I lied down and groaned when the pain my back started up, I slowly rested my back flat against the bed. My stomach cramps didn't like this position. Damn. I tried another. Damn.

Kiel slipped onto the bed and hauled me against him, his hand slipping under the shirt to rest on my stomach, exactly where it was hurting.

Miraculously, the pain reduced. I don't think he was doing anything. I think it was in my head. I think I felt that things would hurt less with Kiel around. Or something. Like I said, cuckoo.

"You still have another memory left." He reminded me.

I groaned. Oh, yeah. Damn.

I wanted to sleep without any disturbances.

"I think I know what this memory is...it's the only memory I have of Lazarus's face. I didn't sleep that night and...I didn't know who he was, except that he was a Vamp and that he could've saved James's life but didn't."

It was a very vague memory with no facts and just intuitions.

"I've got you," Kiel said.

"I know." I said, smiling into his embrace.

--

--

Thunder pealed outside along with a raging storm and I looked around. I was...in my room.

At our Witch Castle. This was my room. Pinker than I remember. But it was mine.

When I heard a whimper, I jumped out of my skin. I turned to look at a small bundle near the wall, to a corner.

That was me.

Yes, I remember this.

I remember waking up to the thunder and feeling alone like I had no one to trust. This why I was scared of the thunder. It reminded me of my past.

This was right after my mother died, maybe few hours later, and James brought me back to the Witch Castle.

I swallowed, knowing I was going to see Lazarus soon.

The door opened and James walked in. Tall and dark headed.

"I always knew you were no daughter of mine." He spat, placing a bowl of food on the floor along with a cup of something.

I cringed away from him, asking for my father...Asking for Lazarus.

James spat that Lazarus was dead and left the room with the door banging behind him.

Tears gushed down my cheeks and I cried for the mother I lost and the father I believed that I had lost. After a few minutes, I took a sip of whatever was in the glass, before gagging a little and pushing it away.

Then I cringed back to the corner and pressed my hands to my ears trying to shut out the thunder and lightning outside, as rain whipped against my house.

When I heard the creak of the window, I whipped around. Lazarus stepped into the room and I watched as the little me stared in shock before crying in relief and running to her father.

Lazarus caught me and crushed me to his chest, his eyes bloodshot and black and anger shaking his frame. He was wet from the storm outside, but little me didn't care.

"Daddy, I want mommy. I'm scared of thunder. I want mommy."

Lazarus let out a distressed sound and kneeled, placing me on the floor so that we were eye level.

He spoke in Vamp tongue. "We lost mommy, baby." He whispered.

"I want her back. Let's find her." I replied in kind.

He shook his head, his face twisting in pain, "We can't baby. I'm sor..."

He took a deep breath, before his nostrils flared.

"Did you drink something?" he asked.

Little me was confused, before nodding and pointing to a cup. Lazarus rushed to the cup and sniffed it, and swore.

"Shit," he started to pace.

"Daddy," I said, lifting my fists up to him, wanting to hug him again.

He quickly lifted me and hugged me to him.

"I'll keep you safe. I'll fix this." He whispered.

And that's what he did the whole night. He didn't let me sleep. All he did was speak to me, he asked me to listen to the thunder. I told him if I listened to the thunder I wouldn't fall asleep. He said, good and that the thunder would keep me alive. So I listened to the thunder. Not falling asleep the whole night. I could tell that it was hard, because my eyes would sometimes drift shut and Lazarus would shake me awake, terror in his eyes.

The next morning, I hurled until my stomach was empty. Lazarus sighed and looked immensely relieved.

Like I had assumed earlier, having not slept that night had saved me. This is how I remembered Lazarus. He didn't let me sleep. This is why in my mind I always thought that he didn't save James when he could have.

I saw Lazarus pace for ten minutes while little me's eyes closed and I rested my head on the side of my bed and napped for a few minutes. When I heard cacophony outside, suddenly, little me jolted awake. I looked to the door.

"What happened?" I asked my dad as he slowed and his face set in determination.

He kneeled next to me, "Baby I can't take you with me. You're blood has Vamp in it but you are a Witch. So you're going to have to grow in the safety of your aunt's illusion that you're her sister and brother in law's niece. I'm going to have to disappear for some time, we may have lost the war, but our casualties are devastating. I need to build my kingdom up from the bottom and anyone who knows who you are will try to hurt you to get to me. I can't...lose you too. You have to be with Aunt Glinda baby."

I don't think little me understood everything Lazarus said, except the part where he was leaving me.

Little me got up to her knees, her expression desperate, "Take me with you daddy. I'll be a good girl."

He gathered little me into a hug, "You're the best girl." He says and kisses little me on the forehead.

Little me starts to cry. "Daddy...please."

I watch as Lazarus's face crumples and a lone tear leaks out.

"Baby, I love you. You are loved so much. Your mother and I.." he stops talking, closing his eyes.

I could see the toll it took for him to leave me behind like this, but I get why he did it. I would have never survived with him. Vamps still on a rampage after having lost dear ones to the Witches, would've seen me as a betrayal and a liability. They would have murdered me where I stood. He wouldn't have been able to bring order to his people and restore them to peace. He didn't choose his people, I thought. He chose me. He chose to give me a safe world to live in, where the Vamps wouldn't attack the Witches, not without him ordering it and he would never order that. Not while I was here with them. He gave me a steady childhood with food and water and friends and people I could rely on while he was in isolation without anything but hope that he could save some of his people and maybe one day could come and get me back so that I could live safely with him. He gave me life. He gave up so much for it. I was crying. I know I was.

I took a deep breath as I watched my father mask my memories. He pressed a final kiss to my forehead.

When my eyes opened, I stumbled back. Shocked.

"Who are you?" little me asks, "Where's my father?"

Little me looks around, frowning, "I...remember. You were..here. And I didn't sleep."

"You were..." little me turns but Lazarus is already gone.

"..here." little me finishes.

I watch as Aunt Glinda comes into my room, tear trails streaking down her cheeks.

"Aunt Glinda?" I say, walking to her as she kneels and opens her arms to me. I wipe her tears and kiss her cheeks.

She lets out a sob, "You poor child. I..."

"What's wrong, Aunt Glinda?" I ask, hugging her around the neck.

"Baby...your dad..."

I pull back, "Where is he?" I ask, looking around my aunt in search of James.

"He's gone baby." Glinda says, sobs wrecking through her.

"He died in his sleep."

My brows furrow, "Where's mommy?"

Things haze out.

And blackness consumes me.

And I sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay...so...yeah. Last memory and all that ish. An early Christmas gift! So, MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU GUYS! DON'T FALL ASLEEP ON CHRISTMAS AND I PROMISE YOU, YOU'LL SEE A UNICORN. Santa rides on Unicorns, not reindeers, I've seen it myself. :D

Anywho, this update was late because I was sick :( Yeah. I kinda still am. But it's better now. Much better.

Do you think you guys can do me a favour? (Other than singing soft kitty for me?)

Do you think you can help me hit 10K votes? As an early new year present for me? Think you can do that for me?

#Softkitty if you want me to be completely okay :P

Tee Hee! (yes, I watch Ryan Higa. Duh.) Did you like the chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 4.3K 37
Hello, this story is not good. It was written by a depressed young tween who didn't understand what an abusive relationship is. I'm only keeping it u...
434K 13.1K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...
4.2K 247 8
This love can make me... or end me... ------------------------------------------------ My life was suppose to be simple... Well, as simple as being a...
58.5K 1.4K 44
My dream continued the one I'd been having for the past couple of nights. I ran, gasping for breath, through the familiar woods from a dark figure be...