therapy | luke hemmings a.u

By ourgreatescape

"I've got this feeling as if I'm drowning and I can't seem to get myself out of it." Haunted by the death of... More

:: Introduction
:: Prologue
:: One
:: Two
:: Four
:: Five
:: Six
:: Seven
:: Eight
:: Nine
:: Ten
:: Eleven
:: Twelve
:: Thirteen
:: Fourteen
:: Fifteen
:: Sixteen
:: Seventeen
:: Eighteen
:: Nineteen
:: Twenty
:: Twenty one
:: Twenty Two
:: Twenty Three
:: Twenty Four
:: Twenty Five
:: Twenty Six
:: Twenty Seven
:: Twenty Eight
:: Twenty Nine
:: Thirty
:: Thirty One
:: Thirty Two
:: Thirty Three
:: Thirty Four
:: Epilogue
New book! 'Deadly Devotion'

:: Three

4.6K 232 190
By ourgreatescape

:: T H R E E ::

The bell rang signaling the end of History. Ellie grabbed her bag and made her way to her locker where she stuffed her books and bag before shutting it and making her way to the cafeteria – it was lunch. She grabbed a tray and stood in line where she was joined by Kira about a minute later. The two greeted each other with “hellos” and moved up the lunch line picking out what they wanted. They then made their way to their usual table where Michael was sitting along with his best friends Calum and Ashton.

“Hi boys!” Ellie said warmly as she sat down next to Michael who pecked her on the cheek.

“Hey Ellie!” Calum said excitedly.

“Well hello there, Elaine.” said Ashton as he giggled making Ellie wince. No one except her parents called her that.

“Oh shut up, Fletcher.” Ellie retorted. “No wait Fletcher actually sounds good.” She groaned.

“So, Ellie.” Said Kira and everyone directed their gaze towards her. “How’d you do on your math paper?” she asked. She knew how much hard work Ellie had put into that paper.

“Well… it’s not that good.” Ellie pouted making everyone’s eyes go wide. She sighed and said, “I might as well tell you all.” She looked down at her lunch tray. “I got an A+!” she exclaimed looking up abruptly making her friends’ faces break into grins.

“I’m so proud of you, babe.” said Michael as he kissed the side of her head.

 “Oh please!” huffed Ashton and Calum. “We’re proud of her too, okay lover boy?”  they said making Michael raise his hands in surrender making Kira and Ellie laugh.

“Oh and there’s this other thing.” Ellie said as she saw Luke walking into the cafeteria. “I’ve been asked to tutor Luke in math since he pretty much failed the paper.” She said – her eyes still on Luke.

“He failed? I thought he was silent yet smart kind of guy.” said Kira looking over at Luke so did everyone else.

“You guys! Stop staring at him like that!” Ellie exclaimed shocked at how stupid her friends were being. “And he might be smart for all we know, but I think there’s something wrong. He might be having problems at home or something since he didn’t want me to meet at his house like a normal tutoring would be.”

“Where’d he ask you to meet him?” piped up Michael suspiciously. “When?”

“Tomorrow at the Allison’s coffee shop. It’s close to where I live anyway.” She said nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders.

-

The next day Ellie woke up early for a change. She went through her usual morning routine and went downstairs to grab some actual breakfast other than the snack bars she had been downing for the past few weeks.

“Do my eyes deceive me? Is the queen up early today?” Jane said teasingly as her daughter entered the kitchen and plopped her school bag onto the table.

“Oh ha-ha, mom.” Ellie rolled her eyes as a smile formed on her lips. “Where’s dad and Jake?” she asked when she noticed her father and brother were missing.

“Oh didn’t Jake tell you honey?” she asked making Ellie shake her head curiously. “He has joined the school basketball team and they have tryouts today so he asked dad to drop him off early.”

“Oh.” Ellie said as she took a sip of her coffee – with milk just the way she liked it. Jake’s school was a 15 minute drive from their house. Ellie and Jake didn’t go to the same school since he didn’t like it there and decided to go to another school instead. “I didn’t even get to wish him good luck!”

“It’s okay, honey.” Her mom smiled and she continued skimming the newspaper, as her usual morning ritual.

“Oh, by the way mom, I won’t be home right after school today.” She remembered.

“Why not?” Her mom asked curiously.

“I’ve been asked to tutor this guy Luke in my class since he’s doing pretty badly at math. I have to meet him at 4 at the Allison’s coffee shop.” She said as she stood up and grabbed her bag.

“Oh! Good to know you’re helping someone in need.” Her mom smiled adoringly.

“Well, I didn’t have any other choice.” Ellie said kissing her mom on the cheek. “Bye mom!”

-

-

“So you won’t go shopping with me, huh?” Kira said trying to act angry.

“I told you, I have to tutor Luke.” Ellie stated as she grabbed her bag from her locking before closing it.

“Oh, I know!” Kira laughed. “Well I’ll see you tomorrow then? You’re not busy on weekends now too, are you?” she asked raising an eyebrow.

“No, not unless I have to tutor him.” Ellie said.

“Why do I have such a smart friend?” Kira asked rhetorically and gave Ellie a tight hug before saying, “See you tomorrow!” and walking away.

Ellie felt a pair of hands grip onto her waist and pull her back. She turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck and said, “Mikey, I have to go now.”

“Why are you in such a rush? Is Luke better than me?” he asked humorously as he inched closer and closer to Ellie.

“Oh he’s way better.” She said rolling her eyes as she tried to hide the fact that Michael holding her this close was giving her a bad case of butterflies.

“Thought you might say that so I have to convince you I’m better.” He said in a low voice and started kissing her passionately.

Their kiss was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. Ellie and Michael broke away and looked at who it was. It was Luke looking as uncomfortable as ever as he shuffled his feet.

“I couldn’t find you and I – uh – I just…” he stammered. “I’ll just wait outside.” He said stalking away, trying to get away as soon as possible.

Ellie sighed and looked at Michael who looked amused and annoyed at the same time. “Well I have to go now. I’ll see you later okay?”

“Alright, babe.” Michael said as he planted a kiss on her forehead before letting go.

Ellie smiled and walked away trying to find Luke. She found him outside sitting on a bench watching two pigeons pecking on a small piece of what looked like bread. He hadn’t noticed that she had walked over to him and was now standing right behind him

“Luke?” she said startling Luke who jumped. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.”

“Oh, no it-it’s okay.” he stammered as he stood up. “Shall we get going?” he asked looking into her eyes making something – she had no idea what – shoot up her back.

“Yeah, sure.” She said.

He led her to the school parking lot where a black car was parked. “You drive?” she asked looking at him since the boy she had witnessed so far didn’t seem like the type to be driving around.

He nodded and said, “I do. My brothers made me get my license since they already got me the car and everything.” He shrugged. “But don’t worry I’m not a reckless driver.” He said as an afterthought, making Ellie nod, as he opened the door the passenger side motioning Ellie to get in. Once she got in he closed the door and made his way to the driver’s side and got in. “Alright, let’s go.” He said taking a deep breath and starting the car.

-

“Maybe we should get to know each other first.” Ellie suggested as she looked up at Luke, who was sitting in front of her, sipping on her coffee after laying down all her books and Luke’s on the table. 

“I already know who you are.” Luke said with a sour look on his face. “You’re Elaine Hawthorn, Michael’s girlfriend. You’re smart at practically every subject except apparently history. You’re popular but at least you don’t put people down like that Briana.” He said the name Briana as if it tasted horrible. “What more is there?” he asked.

“I have an amazing taste in music!” Ellie said defensively, shocked at his observations.

“Like what? Justin Bieber?” he asked sarcastically, raising an eyebrow. “That’s all these girls know anyway.” He mumbled.

“Well I’ll have you know that you are wrong on so many levels.” said Ellie. “My favorite band happens to be You Me at Six amongst the collection of Mayday Parade, Go Radio, Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce the Veil,” she said ticking off one by one with her fingers. “And I could go on but I think I proved my point.”

“Well, I’m impressed.” said Luke crossing his arms across his chest with an amused look on his face.

“Thank you. Now,” said Ellie tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, “let’s get down to business.” she stated wiping the smirk off of Luke’s face as he groaned. 

Author's Note: Hope you guys like this! vote if you do please, means a lot! :) Oh and I imagine Ellie as Lily Collins. Check the trailer on the side! :D

- Pooji

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 450 44
Wake up. Go to school. Come home. Get abused. Self harm. Cry self to sleep. Repeat. That was Jessica's life. When Jessica's parents died in a tragic...
530K 8.6K 100
So I have a 5sos account on Instagram, @2.much.5sos , & I do some 5SOS imagines on there so yeah, just thought I'd put them all together in Wattpad f...
523 24 23
Ashton was bestfriends with Jack ever since they were 2 years old. Then something happens Ashton meets this new girl who moved accross from him and h...
903 63 31
Just read this book if you love 5sos and there music Please, please,please