Entangled: Playfully

By _SoloBird_

Entangled Book #2 Life is short; it should be full of fun. These are the words of Daniel Adams. Daniel Adams... More

Author's note
Cast..
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
*Special Chapter*
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter- 41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Epilogue
New book

Chapter-3

50.4K 2.8K 618
By _SoloBird_

Daniel Adams

Blame it to my curiosity that my search history in my laptop was full of that particular black mesmerizing-eyed; feisty beauty who unknowingly made her home in my head.

I discovered many things about her that were framed by the media. And I personally don't believe what media spurt. They write or show anything that brings them publicity.

After reading many things about her, my interest in her piqued at another level. I wanted to know more about her... On a personal level.

I was trying to figure out the ways to meet her again. And at the same time, I was calculating the risks associated with it because I was sure that if I meet her again I would surely do something to annoy her, and obviously she would retort back. And that is what I want!

I was putting pressure on my mind in order to come up with some plan to meet her when Scott came into my cabin.

"Sir, Mr. Patterson informed me that he has to attend an urgent meeting so you have to supervise the photoshoot which is going to be held today," Scott said.

"What?!" I blurted. "I have plans for the day." I ran my fingers in my hair. I would have come up with some excuse to meet her but Sean ruined it.

The photoshoot was arranged for the promotion purpose. Our company assembles and makes car parts and accessories. And for celebrating and promoting the new partnership formed with a new car manufacturing company; we arranged a photo shoot.

"And sir, the models chosen are Claire Wilson and..."

"Claire Wilson?" I cut off Scott in between. "I'm gonna have a talk with Sean now." Standing up I made my way out.

"Sir, but another one is..."

Ignoring what Scott was saying, I went to Sean.

"Sean, why did you select Claire Wilson as one of the models," I said barging in his cabin without knocking on the door. I didn't know about that because Sean was handling the project.

"Somehow, her father knew about the photo shoot so he was bugging me to sign his daughter as one of the models. And her father is an important client, I couldn't deny." Sean reasoned out.

I sighed. "Okay, but what's up with you? What important meeting you have?" I asked.

"Oh, the meeting. Actually, Mr. Hillz, our raw steel supplier has something important to discuss so I have to meet him urgently." Sean replied.

"And just because of that I have to cancel my plans," I mumbled.

"What plans?" He inquired, looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"Why can't Xavier do it?" I asked, dismissing his question.

"He's busy at home. Daniel listen, I have to go now. Take care of everything. Okay." He patted my shoulder and left his own cabin in a hurry.

Sometimes I feel like my co-partners and my best friends frame these kinds of things to torture me.

I immediately dialed Xavier's number to ask him what he's busy with.

"Hey, Xavier why didn't you come to work today?" I asked him the moment he picked up the call.

"My wife had an urgent meeting to attend so I'm home taking care of my daughter, Amara." He replied.

"She's there with you? I want to talk to her, give her the phone." I said excitedly.

"Daniel, she's just 10 months old, she can't speak." He said in a bored tone.

"Trust me she can. With me, she can. She has a strong connection with me. Just once..please" I pleaded.

"Phone is on speaker." He said.

"Oh, great! Hey, my queen. How are you, baby?" I asked in a baby tone.

"Aaaaa, bla un da..eeeee." She mumbled in her baby voice.

"Awww baby, I know you miss me. Uncle Dan misses you too. But your father tries to keep you away from me."

"Daniel, she isn't replying to you. She's busy playing with her plush toy."

"It's not that.." I retorted back.

"Why did you call, Daniel?" He cut me off.

I huffed "Sean knows about Claire Wilson, still, he signed her, and above all he wants me to supervise the photo shoot." I said in annoyance.

"Daniel it's about work. Show some professionalism and besides, she's not the only model. There's one more, I'm forgetting her name..." He started to think.

"I don't care who else is there..." I tried to say.

"Oh, yeah, Eloise Nicole. That's her name."

My mood instantly lit up like bright stars in the clear night sky. "Eloi?" I asked in excitement.

"What's with the sudden change in your tone?" He asked.

"*Ahem* nothing. Listen, Xavier, I'll talk to you later. I have work to do. Give a kiss to Amara from my side." Saying that I cut the call and rushed out of Sean's cabin.

Rushing out, I met with Scott who was almost running towards me.

"Why didn't you inform me about the other model?" I asked him.

"You left the cabin before I could tell you, sir." He replied.

"Why were you running?"

"Oh, sir, we have a problem." He commented.

"What problem?"

"Both the models have arrived and they have started fighting already."

"Damn! Why can't women stand each other?"

I bolted towards the green room to prevent my office building from burning.

"What's going on here?" I asked in a little hard tone, without looking at anyone in particular.

My upcoming words stuck in my throat when my eyes landed on the woman who has gatecrashed my thoughts. There she was standing with hands folded across her chest; wearing a knee-length white dress; her hair flowing down her back. She was looking breathtakingly beautiful but something was off with her; her gloomy expressions were proof of that.

"Oh, Daniel, I knew you care for me, that's why you came to support me."

I jerked my eyes from her when Claire came to me and kissed both of my cheeks.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"I can't share a room with ...her." Claire eyed Eloi in displeasure.

I sighed. "Claire, the building you are standing in isn't for these purposes. Our main work is to deal with cars, not to organize fashion shows." I explained calmly. I glanced at Eloi, who was standing still with a poker face.

"I can't work like this," Claire exclaimed.

Ugh! Why do I have to deal with them? Why me?

"Everyone please leave. I would like to have some words with these ladies here, in private." I said to everyone.

When everyone left the room, I locked the door and stood in front of the ladies.

"Please have a seat both of you," I said gesturing towards the chairs. Claire huffed and sat on the chair but Eloi didn't.

"Ma'am, please, you too have a seat," I said to her.

"I'm good." Came her clipped reply.

I wanted to hit my head in the wall out of frustration but I decided against it. I can't end up in hospital when I have a chance to be close to her. And also I know she won't even come to check on me in hospital.

Pulling the chair I stood near her till she decided to sit. After rolling her eyes and huffing she finally sat. I mentally patted my shoulders. Victory.

"So ladies! You both are aware that you have to work together on this project. So why don't you two become friends just for a few hours?" I suggested hopefully.

"I came here to work, not to make friends," Eloi commented in a bored tone.

"I will never consider her as my friend." Claire hissed.

I'm going to kill Sean for doing this to me.

"Can't you two get along for just an hour?" I asked in a calm tone but only I knew how frustrated I was.

"No!" Came the reply from Claire.

I rubbed my face with my palms. "You know if Xavier or Sean were here they would have canceled the shoot or maybe have replaced you till now. You're lucky that I'm supervising this project." I exclaimed. Claire was shooting daggers at Eloi whereas Eloi was looking at her nails.

"Okay, listen." Grabbing a chair I sat on it, in front of them. "I'm giving you two 10 minutes. Whatever you have against each other, say it all. If you want to have a fight then you're even allowed to do so. I'll even provide you weapons but only on one condition; don't die on me."

A laugh escaped from Eloi's throat and I almost fell from the chair. Did I just make her laugh? My satisfaction was short-lived when she pulled a poker face again. I diverted my attention back to the situation.

"What are you two waiting for? Speak now?" I raised my eyebrows. I waited for a minute and when they didn't speak I stood up from the chair and folded my hands across my chest.

"I guess, you don't have anything to say. Okay then, this discussion is over. And if you don't want to be replaced then get up and act like professionals."

"Am I clear?" I asked.

"As I said before. I'm here to work, nothing else." Eloi stood up from the chair. I glanced at Claire.

"Okay, fine. Anything for you." She also stood up.

Phew! Another victory. I was proud of myself. I again mentally patted my back.

"And one last thing. I want to see a smile on your faces when you both step out of this green room, okay?" I intentionally focused my eyes on Eloi.

After the small conversation, the thing I learned about Eloi is that she takes her work seriously and doesn't like to get involved in rubbish arguments until provoked. She chooses to stay quiet. And knowing Claire on a personal basis I knew that she must have started the argument.

I felt contented. Finally, I learned something about her on a personal level.

I left the room, hoping everything to end well.

___________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 377 34
●COMPLETED● Fan of erotic and heated love scenes? Well, you've come to the right place. No under 18s allowed🚫. The funny thing about love, is that...
67.5K 3.3K 41
There are things you need to know about Ally aka Allison Hart : 1) She's a hotshot lawyer with a hundred percent win record. 2) She must get marrie...
1.2M 38.1K 56
An arranged marriage romance novel. Pretty cliche, completed! ** Could love ever be a part of an arranged marriage? Eleanor Hays never chose to be a...
72K 2.6K 20
Started- April, 6 2019 Completed- June 17, 2019 Status- completed and editing. How would you feel when your normal life take a huge u-turn and put yo...