Bloodline (Bakugou Katsuki X...

By VioletArks

L/N Y/N had been the centre of attention during her middle school years. Always being the one others would ta... More

Prologue
Chapter One: The Entrance Exams
Chapter Two: First Day
Chapter Three: Practice
Chapter Four: League of What?
Chapter Five: After
Chapter Six: It's Starting
Chapter Seven: UA Sports Festival #1
Chapter Nine: UA Sports Festival #3
Chapter Ten: UA Sports Festival #4
Chapter Eleven: UA Sports Festival #5
Chapter Twelve: UA Sports Festival #6
Chapter Thirteen: "Say 'yes'!"
Chapter Fourteen: Hero Names
Chapter Fifteen: Forbidden
Chapter Sixteen: Internships #1
Chapter Seventeen: Internships #2
Chapter Eighteen: Internships #3/Preparation
Chapter Nineteen: Katsuki
Chapter Twenty: Studying
Chapter Twenty-One: Gloves
Chapter Twenty-Two: Friends
Chapter Twenty-Three: Practical Exams #1
Chapter Twenty-Four: Practical Exams #2
Chapter Twenty-Five: To The Mall
Chapter Twenty-Six: "Answer Me."
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Training Camp #1
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Training Camp #2
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Training Camp #3
Chapter Thirty: Training Camp #4
Chapter Thirty-One: Warm
Chapter Thirty-Two: Metal
Chapter Thirty-Three: The First Secret
Chapter Thirty-Four: "We'll Be Fine."
Chapter Thirty-Five: Against The World
Chapter Thirty-Six: Dormitory System
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Settle In
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Admiration
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Asking Questions
Chapter Forty: The Second Secret
Chapter Forty-One: Well Acquainted
Chapter Forty-Two: Pick Up The Phone
Chapter Forty-Three: And Another
Chapter Forty-Four: Ground Beta
Chapter Forty-Five: The Big Three
Chapter Forty-Six: City
Chapter Forty-Seven: Waves
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Third Secret
Chapter Forty-Nine: Mask
Chapter Fifty: Brightness
Chapter Fifty-One: Doesn't Matter
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Same
Chapter Fifty-Three: Open Up
Chapter Fifty-Four: UA Culture Festival

Chapter Eight: UA Sports Festival #2

18.9K 736 2.5K
By VioletArks

Word Count: 4313

"That was very nice of you, L/N." Kirishima tells me as we put our rubbish away. I rub the back of my neck and smile at my friend.

I swirl the water in my bottle and say back, "Well, I don't want to fight Bakugou when he's on 20%, right?" I notice that Kiri glances down at me for a few seconds before mumbling back a 'yeah, sure'.

Within the 40 minutes of our lunch, Bakugou finished his spicy ramen, Kirishima ordered another one of his meal and I grabbed another water bottle for me. Kiri and I had a nice conversation, cracking jokes every now and then. Everytime we'd try and get Bakugou into it, he'd glare at us as he ate his noodles.

It was really nice, to be honest.

I look around and question, "Where is that idiot anyways? Bakugou left like, 20 minutes ago without an explanation. I was kinda' offended."

Kirishima slides his hands behind his head as we keep walking back to the stadium. He hums, "I don't know. Maybe he's getting into the mood for the last game."

I was also wondering about Hitoshi. Even though he said he would eat with me, he didn't end up doing so. The whole hour, I didn't see him once after he parted from me. Maybe he just couldn't find me and went to eat with Monoma and Kendo.

"L/N! L/N!" I hear a voice call. The two of us turn around to see Uraraka and Yaoyorozu running towards us. In... cheerleader uniforms?

I gulp, "H-... Hi, what are you guys wearing that for?" Kirishima politely sets his gaze to the ground, mumbling something about how manly it was not to stare. I chuckle at him and slowly turn him around so his back was facing the girls.

When they get closer, Uraraka jumps up and down. I inhale sharply and place my hands on her shoulders to stop her from moving. I can feel my whole face heat up quickly.

Uraraka holds up some pom poms and informs me, "We got told that we were supposed to wear this for the last game!" I furrow my brows and lift my hands off of her shoulders. I mumble, "Are you serious? Do-Do we have to?"

Uraraka frantically nods her head. "Yaoyorozu needs to make one for you, so you have to come with us! Quick!"

Before I can say anything, they're both pulling me away to the bathroom. I send a look to Kirishima, who waves his hand and says he'll meet me in the stadium.

As we make it to the girls' change room, Yaoyorozu asks me for my size. I give it to her, Hagukure jumping in her uniform with her pom poms waving in the air. "You're gonna' look so pretty, L/N!"

Yaoyorozu hands me the uniform as I chuckle anxiously, "Um... I don't know about that, Hagakure..." The girl in the ponytail shakes her head as she gives me pom poms. Mina grabs my arm and giggles, "No, you'll look amazing!"

They shove me towards the corner to change. As I take off my top, I hear Tsu question, "So who were you eating with, L/N? We were trying to find you to eat with us." I tug the crop top on, kind of surprised at how tight it was. Damn, whose idea was this?

I reply, pulling down my gym pants, "I was with Kirishima and Bakugou outside by the food stalls. Sorry, if I knew you were looking for me, I would've-"

"Kirishima and Bakugou, huh?" Hagakure chimes, on the tip of her toes, "What were you doing with them?"

As I pull up the skirt and absolutely despise how close it is to basically being panties, I look over my shoulder to them and retort, "Eating lunch...? I don't know, I saw them and decided to hang out with them."

I collect the choker and tie it around mt neck before chuckling, "I mean, it was just Kirishima and I talking while Bakugou ate his food in the most peaceful state I've ever seen him in."

Jirou snorts, "Didn't think that was possible." I agree with her before turning around and fixing my hair. "Well?" I hum, holding up my hands. Uraraka claps her hands together and states, "Aw, so cute!"

We overhead Mic telling us to come back to the stadium, making me hold my breath. I hope I don't come across my parents...

As soon as we exit the locker rooms, I feel devastated. "Hey, Sweetie!" My mother calls, walking over to me. Oh shit.

"Mum! Hi, I thought you would be in the stands already..." I say, holding my pom poms to cover my chest and my exposed stomach. But Mum is already staring at me with a questionable look.

"What are you wearing?" She suddenly giggles at me, stuffing her phone in her pocket. I look back at my friends, who stayed behind so I could talk with my mother. I groan, dropping my pom poms, "I... I don't know, it was somebody else's idea. I don't even want to. Aren't you gonna' tell me off?"

Mum shakes her head and places a hand on her hip, a smile on her face. "No, not fully. Mainly because you won't be the only one people will be laughing at." She places a hand on my shoulder.

"Whoever's idea this was is both an idiot for thinking us parents won't follow this up, and a genius if this is for comedic purposes."

I shrug my shoulder before tossing my drink bottle up and down. "Yeah, I guess. I'll see you later, Mum! Wish me luck!"

I continue on with my group of friends, a few upperclassmen looking our way with confused looks. One girl with pretty periwinkle hair and blue eyes catches us and makes a small heart with her hands.

A few minutes later, the break is over and all the remaining students are gathered in the stadium.

"Now that lunch is over, it's finally time to reveal the last game!" Present Mic announces, enthusiasm shown from his voice in contrast to Mr Aizawa's, "But before that, there's good news for all of you who didn't make it to the finals!"

As I walk along the grass and listen to the Pro's voice, I cross my arms over my chest and mutter, "This is embarrassing!" Mina holds my shoulder and giggles, "Oh, but you look great! Trust me, everybody's got their eyes on you!"

"That's what I'm embarrassed about..."

I look around as I set my pom poms down. I play with the choker around my neck before tugging my skirt down. Like I said; basically panties.

Regretfully, I meet eyes with a certain somebody.

Bakugou glances at me, looking at me from head to toe. It makes me inhale and hold my breath, flushed at his slight action.

I see that Kirishima beside him turns to me the next second. And in an instant, his face goes a bright pink before he covers his eyes with his hands, punching Bakugou for him to do the same.

But the ash-blonde looks me dead in the eye. Without hesitation.

And laughs.

Fucking laughs at me.

Not a cutesy, 'aw you look so adorable' laugh that you'd think someone would do when you're wearing something you don't think you look good in; but a 'Holy Hell you're such a dumbass you loser' laugh that makes you feel even more bad for yourself.

I know for sure that my face and probably my neck is covered in a red embarrassed blush.

Lifting my shoulders and holding on hand at my hip, I flip Bakugou off and stick out my tongue. He replies with the same thing, a shit-eating smirk on his face as he ignores Kirishima.

"What's the matter, Class A? What kind of fan service is that?" Present Mic asks us. I can practically feel my dad's shocked/disapproving gaze on me.

Yaoyorozu shouts at Mineta and Kaminari who apparently told her that the girls had to wear this. I really want to slap them.

"This is ridiculous." I grunt, squatting down with my pom poms on my lap. I can still hear Bakugou's laughter in the background and Kirishima telling him to shut up.

I clap my hands roughly and shove them onto my pom poms, making a bright yellow cardigan. I would've made a zippable jacket, but I didn't have any metal with me.nAs I wrap myself in the cardigan, I tell Mina and Jirou that I'd be right back.

I was gonna' slap Bakugou for laughing at me.

Which he was still doing. A lot, he's trying to cover it with his hand.

But as soon as I get about two meters close to him, I see Hitoshi standing by himself, arms crossed over his chest.

As much as I want to beat Bakugou up at the moment, I think talking with Hitoshi would be better. I start walking in his direction, hands in my pockets.

"Hitoshi!" I call, slowing my pace as I get closer to my friend, "Hey, where were you at lunch? I was waiting-"

"You were eating with those other two, I saw." He claims as his gaze sets on me, "I didn't want to interrupt you're little... 'get-together'."

His eyes seem a bit uneasy, at least to me. He holds himself proudly, but his shoulders are slacking. I don't know what to make of it.

He glances at my outfit, which I was covering from my torso up to my neck. "What are you wearing?" He chuckles a little. I pinch his shoulder lightly, groaning back to him, "It wasn't my idea, okay? I hate this, I look so stupid..."

Unexpectedly, Hitoshi leans forward a bit so his head is level with mine with about a hand's space in between our faces. He take the side of my skirt in between his fingers and smiles at me with that cocky look he seemed to have on a lot.

"I don't know about that, Kitten," He says to me, "You look great to me. You even got yourself a pretty little collar."

I feel my face burn as I tug the collar of the jacket up to cover the lower part of my face. He could be so blunt at times.

"H-Hitoshi!" I gasp, stepping away so my skirt falls from his grasp, "You can't just say that to me!" I bite a bit at my cardigan, trying to focus my attention on something other than the way Hitoshi eyes me up and down again, but this time slowly.

He shoves his hands in his pocket again before tilting his head. "What do you mean? I used to call you 'Kitten' all the time in Middle School. It's literally your contact name in my phone." He raises a brow to show off that confident look.

"That's not what I'm talking about, 'Toshi!" I tell him, dropping my collar and tugging at my choker.

He lifts his hand and pats my head. A softer smile dawns on his lips. "Okay, okay, fine, I'll stop." He says, tilting his head to the side. I send him a glare as he finishes talking. Looking away with a small grin, I sigh, "Anyway, it's great that we've made it into the next round, huh?"

He nods his head and pulls his hand away. "Definitely. Obtaining first place would guarantee me a spot in the Hero Course." He states, looking at my class with intensity. It makes me frown until he looks back at me. "We've made it this far because of our quirks and our hard work. So thank you."

Did he even use his quirk?

I wave my hand and giggle back, "Well, we do have Aoyama and Ojiro to thank too! I know they didn't use their powers too much during the Cavalry Battle, but they still put in the hard work." I grasp his arm and point to my classmates. "We should go thank them for helping!"

As I try to tug him along, Hitoshi grabs my wrist and hold me in place. "No, it's fine. They know we're thankful for their work. And we're starting soon, so go stand with your class."

I nod my head and grin, dropping my attention to Midnight, who was now drawing the duos who would verse in the One on One's first round.

"I'll talk to you after the Festival, 'Toshi."

"Okay."

I walk back to my class, standing beside Hagakure. "Now, let's draw lots to determine the bracket." Midnight calls, holding a yellow box, "Once the bracket is determined, we'll have recreational games and then start! Sixteen finalists can choose whether or not they want to participate in the recreation."

Out of nowhere, Ojiro raises his hand and announces, "Um...! Excuse me! I'm withdrawing." Midnight stops walking about the stage as I relax my shoulders and leave my arms crossed, looking over to him. Everybody gasps around him, Midoriya questioning why he was making this choice.

"I barely remember anything from the Cavalry Battle until almost the end. I think it was that guy's quirk." Ojiro admits, dropping his hand. My gaze lands on Hitoshi, who notices this but looks away without any say. I furrow my brows as Ojiro continues, "I know this is a great chance and that it's foolish to waste it... But everyone here competed by giving their all!"

I keep my eyes on Hitoshi. I can't believe it. If this is true, then Aoyama and Ojiro were under Hitoshi's control the entire game. And I wasn't... I could've helped.

I grip my hair as I turn away. Why didn't I figure it out sooner? They weren't replying to me and only used their quirks when Hitoshi specifically told them too. I've seen him use his power before, even on me a few times...

Is this the price for trusting him?

Hagakure waves her pom poms around and says, "Don't worry too much! You should just make sure you produce results in the finals!" Mina sheepishly states to our classmate, "If you're going to say that, I didn't do anything either."

I clench the side of my jacket and growl, "I-I was on your team... I didn't even help, I didn't know..."

Ojiro covers his face and mumbles, "That's not it... I'm talking about my pride here... I can't..." I bite my lip and stare down at the pink shoes that went with the costume.

"Also, why are you guys wearing cheerleader outfits?"

Us girls groan a little, face full of embarrassment.

"I will withdrawal as well, Mademoiselle." Aoyama calls, hands on his hips, "If my fellow classmate is doing so, then I will too. Sadly, I was put into the same situation. Although a dazzling show will be missed, I have other opportunities to shine!" He strikes a pose, proudly showing off his appearance.

Kirishima in front of me gasps, "What's with these guys? They're so manly!" As my former teammates step down from the fight, I can't help but feel guilt drip down my chest. Although Midnight allows it and brings in Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki, I still can't help but feel like I've left Ojiro and Aoyama behind.

I place my hands on their shoulders. "I'm sorry about the Cavalry Game. I should've known, Hitoshi always liked to get his way..." I sigh, "But I promise that I'll fight hard for you two!"

Aoyama smiles at me and lets out a breath, "Merci belle Madame!"

Our first bracket pops up on the screen.

I scan the names and see that I am up against-

"Y/N!" Mina calls, running up to me and wrapping my arms around my neck in a tight hug, "We're versing in the first round!"

"Yeah! Don't think I'll go easy on you just because we're good friends!" I chuckle, pulling away from her. Mina waves a hand and scoffs, "Of course not! I don't expect anything less from you."

We continue to talk until I see Ojiro halt Midoriya from speaking to Hitoshi. I catch it, excusing myself from Mina and walking over to him.

I nod at Ojiro before grabbing Hitoshi's arm. He looks down at me with a blank face. "Y/N. Shouldn't we be getting ready?" He asks me as I let go of his arm. I grip his collar and pull him down to eye-level. "Woah, Kitten, slow down-"

"You used your quirk on Aoyama and Ojiro?" I growl, not letting up to his play-nice front. Hitoshi's smile drops as he rubs the back of his neck, still hunched over. He says back, "Y/N, I told you, I'm willing to do anything to make it into the Hero Course. Be glad I didn't control you as soon as I could."

I clench my jaw, wanting to punch that look off of his face. I tighten my grasp and huff back, "I would have never thought you'd stoop that low, Shinso. That's heavy, even for you. I thought you'd at least carry some dignity with you at the Sports Festival."

His expressions changes to an irritated one. I see this as soon as I call him by the name everybody else does. I haven't called him 'Shinso' in at least three years.

He grabs my wrist and pulls my hand off of him. "Listen, L/N. I don't know what kind of world you live in where things are given out easier, but I have to work harder than you. My quirk only works in certain ways, and you'd be damn stupid to think I wouldn't take those chances."

Shinso lets go of my wrist, pushing it back into my chest. "So excuse me for taking the corners you cut through so easily."

I bite the inside of my cheek, my feelings becoming too much. I squint at him. "They're good students, Shinso. They work just as hard as everybody else. It must've taken a lot to step down like that. Don't think you just got off clean."

I shove my finger into his chest harshly, making Shinso take a little step back. He glares down at me, as if he was going to do something.

"Careful, L/N. You might trigger off your quirk on me."

My breath hitches in my throat. I stare at Shinso, slowly pulling away from him. I step away, letting Shinso turn around with his hand in his pocket.

How dare he?

"I've always been like this, L/N. I do what I can to make it to the top. I thought you knew that already." He looks over his shoulder to me. "You used to be like that too. Until that one faithful day..."

I don't know what's coming over me. As he turns away and begins to walk, I slowly step towards him, my hand balled up in a fist. I bring my hand up, my other one grabbing his shoulder and turning him around. He starwa at me.

"Shinso, you piece of-"

A hand catches my wrist. I'm bring pulled back by someone else. "Hey! Ugh, let me go!" Shinso's body is getting further away from me. The person holding me back lifts my wrist up into the air so I can't swing it at all.

"Hey, wait-L/N, calm down please!" Kirishima says to me, struggling to keep me in hold, "There's people watching, remember?" I stop moving, panting a bit as Shinso continues to walk away. It sucks that he's going without a price. I want to get payback.

As Kirishima lets me go and tries to calm me down with his words, I pull up my sleeves and clap my hands, murmuring curses. Before I can kneel down, press my hands to the floor and attack Shinso using my quirk, I feel myself being picked up off the ground.

I gasp as I look at the person holding me up under my arms, "Bakugou! Let me the Hell go!" He gives me a look of irritation as he continues to walk behind Kirishima, Mina and Kaminari, still holding me up. "You asshole, I've gotta' teach that jerk a lesson!"

"Shut the Hell up, you dumbass. God, your voice gets more fucking annoying everytime."

Kirishima comments as he throws a look back at us, "You two need to stop. We all have fights we need to get ready for." It hits me that my quirk is still activated, which makes me lightly gasp. Looking around, I press my hands to my skirt and make it into shorts.

Bakugou better be relieved I didn't use it on him.

Once we're very far away from Shinso, Bakugou stops and drops me without warning. I groan and stand up, "Thanks, asshole." He clicks his tongue and scoffs back at me, "Those idiots made me stop you. I would've let you done beat that guy up, I don't give a shit." He looks away as the three in front of us sigh loudly.

We start the recreation events. I didn't participate, along with Bakugou and the rest of us going into the next round. Well... Kaminari was eager the play.

I sat in the waiting room with Bakugou, Kirishima and Mina. Her and I were changing into our UA uniforms again whilst Kirishima worked on his movements and Bakugou... stared at a wall.

Once we were finished, Kirishima asked me about Shinso. "I see you with that guy a lot, actually. Is he... a boyfriend or something?" He asks me, making me choke on my water, "You two seemed to be fighting. Are you not okay?"

I wipe my mouth as Mina pats my back. I say in return, "No... Shinso and I aren't dating. We're, I mean I guess not anymore, but we were best friends. Since middle school." Kirishima raises a brow at me as Mina gasps, "Did something happen?"

I clench my jaw and grunt, "Ojiro and Aoyama were paired up with Shinso and I for the Cavalry Battle. I didn't think anything of it because they still used their quirks normally and moved around, albeit weirdly. They didn't talk. I feel just... angry that he got away with something he did wrong."

Mina pats my shoulders and chimes, "Well, think of it this way! If he makes it into the next few rounds, you'll be up against him and you can let your anger out in battle. And if he loses, then you can taunt him for that!"

Kirishima widens his eyes at Mina and speaks, "That's... kinda' sadistic, don't you think?"

Mina waves her hands dismissively and goes on, "Karma always bites back. Trust me." She gives a cheeky smile, making me grin softly. I nod my head as the first match is called out to us so we gather up. Kirishima, Mina and I make our way to the exit.

I look behind me and see Bakugou glaring at the wall still. "Bakugou, let's hurry up. Midoriya is in the first match." I state. The blonde glares at me as he walks over and scowls, "Why would I be interested in Deku's match of all people?"

"Well, you'll understand why I wanted to beat up Shinso so bad. What an ass-hat..." I say under my breath, walking beside him down the hall. As I do up my uniform zipper by my neck, Bakugou grumbles, "I thought you and that guy were friends. You're calling him a bunch of names. Didn't you want to rip out my throat for calling him a 'freak'?"

I glance at him for a moment before I watch Kiri and Mina's figures go up the stairs. "I don't like that word, 'freak'. Shinso and I know everything about each other. I just... ignored this side of him, I guess." I let out a long sigh. Bakugou rolls his eyes, looking to the wall as we go up the stairs to take our seats.

"You're an absolute idiot." He murmurs. I grunt back at him, "I don't feel like dealing with you right now, asshole, so be nice." He clicks his tongue as he sits down on the end of the row.

I hear Present Mic announce the first match, "Match No. 1! Even though, he's done well, what's with that face?" Shinso and Midoriya's pictures pop onto the screen. "From the Hero Course, it's Midoriya Izuku!" My green-haired classmates walks towards the ring, the crowd cheering loudly for him.

As I sit in between Kaminari and Bakugou and clap, Mic introduces the next contestant. "Versus - Sorry, he hasn't done anything to stand out yet! From General Studies, it's Shinso Hitoshi!" I clench my jaw and softly clap for him before crossing my arms over my chest.

Before the match, I caught Midoriya during the Recreation activities and warned him about Shinso. Apparently, Ojiro did so as well. I told Midoriya not to answer any of Shinso's questions, no matter what. Don't say a word.

Right as the match starts, Midoriya begins to walk towards Shinso, but in hard, strong steps. Like he was mad already. He yells loudly. But suddenly, he stops on his tracks.

"Oh no..." I groan as Ojiro stands up and complains with me.

"Midoriya!" Present Mic gasps, "The match just started... and he's completely frozen!"

I knock my fist into my open palm and grunt, "Damn it, Shinso... at least fight him first. What kind of victory would this be?" I pinch the bridge of my nose and close my eyes.

Kaminari looks down to me. "What? What's happening?"

I glance at him with my lips pressed into a thin line. "He's doing whatever he can to get into the Hero Course."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.4K 2.7K 65
You were once a wolf-pup living in a Junkyard; alongside your trusted raccoon friend Kenai. Things weren't always this way. Alas that's just how your...
1.5M 54.2K 60
"Any last words Hero?" "Do you like to breathe?" [Y/n] transfers to UA in her second year and quickly solidifies her position as one to watch, especi...
97.7K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...
215K 6.1K 39
this book is a total joke btw i didn't take it super seriously while writing to the point it's embarrassing lol completed •Intro •30 chapters •Hal...