Summer Love✔️

By queenschreave23

Hallie Johnson is a lifeguard at Palm Rose Beach, and she is in a very complicated situation. It's the summer... More

What He Did
Could Have Called
Never Too Late
One Day Truce
Don't Believe You
Need To Know
You Were Gone
We Never Dated
What the Hell?
What I Wanted
Truth or Dare
Actually Team Hallie
Hey, U Ok?
Not Your Fault
When You Know...
Well Screw It
Only Two Reasons
Dream Come True
Tonight Was Fun
Never Have I...
Have I Ever
It's Okay, Baby
Far Too Long
Break It Again
How Things Work
What Love Is?
You Chose Him
He Needed Me
I'd Never Left
In His Arms
Nothing Like Them
Always Been You
Don't Hate Me
I'll Be Okay ;)
Sequel is Up!!

Doesn't Change Anything

2.8K 130 59
By queenschreave23

Ok so a little bit of Truth or Dare (the previous chapter was changed) but it was just at the very end, so I'm gonna add that in here just so you don't miss anything ;)...

Recap: "My boys and girl are in of course. Anyone else?" A few people from other towers voiced their opinions on the game.

"Dude, you know how this ended last year." Some dude spoke up.

"Man shut up. That was just bad luck." George snapped in response, his eyes flared with anger and I could tell the guy had struck a nerve.

I, however, had no clue what had happened to make it so bad last year, and looking up and meeting Connor's eyes, he didn't either.

In the end, a few people joined us, which I suppose satisfied George. But the dude who spoke up earlier and his friends had backed away from the group and were avoiding looking at us like we were the plague.

We made a circle off to the side of the bonfire, everyone else just still enjoying their peaceful party. "Well then, I organized the game. Rules are: you refuse to answer a truth or dare, you have to take the punishment. Only fair I get to go first." George smirked.

"What's the punishment?" A girl I'd never seen before asked, she was either new to town, or she had just aged up to become a beach guard.

"Skinny dipping in the ocean. And if your dare involves another person and you refuse, they go with you." George replied smirking.

"What if the person you're dared to do something with refuses?" She asked nervously, biting her lip.

"Well then tough-"

"Then we pick a new dare." Connor interrupted, which earned him a glare from George. "We honor consent here." Connor stated firmly, not backing down from George's incessant glare.

"Fine then, if that's all settled..." His eyes turned on Miles, "Truth or dare?" End Recap.

Chapter Twelve: Doesn't Change Anything

"Dare." Miles replied quickly. That was the thing about George.

Part of the reason he sucked so much, was because he was super smart and super observant. And his truths? They were always worse than his dares.

George's smirk widened into a full blown, almost maniacal grin. "Dare, you say?" He chuckled a bit for good measure just to show his elation. "I dare you to kiss Brittany..."

"Oh hell-" Miles interrupted, but was then interrupted himself by George.

"I wasn't done, Milo. I dare you to kiss Brittany... or Hallie." George's grin turned into a smirk. He cocked an eyebrow at Miles, waiting for him to choose.

Miles's eyes shot to me. He raised one of his eyebrows in question, as if to check if I was okay with it.

"Aww, you don't wanna kiss me?" Brittany asked in a patronizing voice.

"Let's get this over with." I sighed. Miles walked up to me, grabbed the side of my face and kissed me, lingering for just a couple seconds before pulling away.

"That was weird." He muttered and scrunched up his face.

"I agree." I pulled back and glanced around the circle quickly. It finally dawned on me who that dare was really for though.

George knew Miles would pick me, and he also knew it wouldn't really bother us.

Looking at the the tight expression on Connor's face though, it was apparent that this was George's way of getting back at Connor for going against him earlier. With George, everything had a price, even for his supposed best friends.

"Brittany, truth or dare?" Miles asked as he walked back to where he had been sitting in the circle.

"Truth." She responded confidently.

"Have you ever been loyal in a relationship? Or have you cheated on every guy you've ever been with?" Miles asked.

For just a moment, the shock on her face was clear, but she covered it quickly. "There was one... but whatever, monogamy is so overrated." Her eyes turned on me, "Hallie, truth or dare?"

"Truth." I replied. Brittany was an airhead, so her truth probably wouldn't be that deep. In fact, it would most likely be something superficial.

"What's your body count?" She asked, and smirked at me.

Well shit.

"In terms of what?" I replied stalling, with a little laugh to play it off as a joke.

"In terms of people you've f*cked obviously." She replied, rolling her eyes.

"One." I said quietly.

I could almost feel the gust of wind from how quickly Miles snapped his head toward me.

"Not so innocent after all..." Brittany commented, her sweet tone laced with a hint of mockery.

I decided to turn it on someone not from my tower or tower 8 to try and defuse some of the tension.

"Lucie, truth or dare?"

+++

The game went on lightly after that. Probably because George was being virtually ignored. Nobody wanted to mess with him, or let him mess with anybody else.

It became inevitable after a couple go arounds.

"George, truth or dare?" Brittany asked, when it got back around to her.

"How about truth? It's always good to be honest." George replied, but I could tell he was just putting on theatrics. Whoever he picked next... it was about to get real.

"What's your body count?" She asked.

I made eye contact with Miles, and we simultaneously rolled our eyes. If there was one thing you could count on Brittany for, it was originality.

"I lost track somewhere around 20." George answered with a wink to some of the girls in the circle. Obviously, not me. "Anyways, Hallie... truth or dare?"

I tensed up, and I could feel Mitchell beside me do the same.

"Now obviously I'd prefer you pick truth, but if you want to pick dare that's fine too." George smiled sweetly, but it wasn't really sweet.

"Dare." I replied instantly.

"Aww, why'd you have to do that?" George asked with fake sadness in his voice. "Oh well, time to make things interesting... I dare you to tell me how good Connor was in bed? Cause you know he's been with quite a few ladies, both before and after you... maybe even while you two were together... but I digress, was he good? Did he make you scr-"

"Dude shut the hell up." Connor interrupted hardly. His eyes shot daggers at George, and you could almost see the anger radiating off of him.

"Connor, she picked dare I'm just-"

"Dude, you know that's not how the game works. She picked dare just give her a goddamn dare." Logan added.

"Geez, fine. You guys are just real sticklers for the rules tonight aren't you." George sighed.

I caught Benji's eye and he looked insanely worried, Miles did too. And honestly, so was I. George was mad now, he didn't like to be challenged, especially not by his friends.

And especially not when they were challenging him to defend a tower 5 guard.

George's eyes flirted between Connor and Mitchell, he was very smart, I'd give him that. And once I saw his eyes narrow at the sand in front of him before focusing and lighting up, I knew I was seriously in trouble.

"My dare for you, Hallie Johnson... give Connor a lap dance, two minutes." George smirked, looking so self-satisfied, like he'd beat the game. His eyes motioned toward the ocean, because he knew which one I would choose.

"I'll do the punishment. Turn your ass around though, I'm not stripping in front of you."

George smirked, "Don't forget Connor has to go with you."

Mitchell from beside me tensed up insanely, and I put my hand on his arm to calm him. "It doesn't mean anything." I whispered. "It's fine."

The group turned one way, and left Connor and I to strip down.

He pulled his shorts down as soon as they did.

"Dude!" I exclaimed, turning away.

"Not like it's anything you haven't seen." He muttered.

"Doesn't mean I wanna see it again." I replied, "Now turn, and don't look until I'm in the water."

"Yes ma'am." He replied and turned away from me.

I took off my dress and suit and left them in a pile where the tide wouldn't reach, then I waded into the water. "Okay you can come in now."

He turned and ran a couple feet before diving into the waves. "We're in!" He called when we were both fully submerged, and the group turned around.

"Five minutes, starting now." George replied with his self satisfied smirk.

"Damn, it's cold." Connor choked out as I wrapped my arms around my body and shivered.

"This is your fault, you know." I told him as I jumped in place to try to stay warm.

We could hear light murmuring coming from the beach and knew that they were starting the game back up without us while we took my punishment.

"Oh yeah? How so?" He asked, his tone slightly rough.

"If you hadn't gotten on his bad side he wouldn't have picked on us-"

"I'm sorry, aren't you the one who broke up with me because I let him walk all over me?" Connor replied. "And if you hadn't made our sexual tension so obvious, he wouldn't have bothered."

"I made it obvious? Connor, you won't even look at me." I scoffed, "If anything, you made it obvious."

"Well then my bad. I'm sorry that I didn't stand up to George before, and now I'm sorry that I stood up to George. And you know what, I'm sorry for making our sexual tension obvious by not looking you in the face because you broke my heart, and it still hurts." Connor replied angrily, "Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"Connor-"

"No Hallie, don't say anything." Connor sighed, "I think we should go back in."

"Connor, I-"

"The waves are pretty rough, and it's freezing. I'm telling George we're coming in." He replied firmly.

"Fine." I sighed.

Connor announced that we were coming in, and after little argument with George, everyone turned around and Connor walked out first.

He pulled his shorts on, and when I walked out, he held out his shirt for me to take to dry off with.

"Thank you." I said quietly, and he just nodded.

When we got back into the game, the night breeze was chilling me to the bone. Connor especially because he had no shirt on and his upper body was still wet.

So even though the game was going on, I got up and walked halfway around the circle to tap him on the shoulder, and motioned for him to come with me. He got up and followed me a little bit before asking where we were going.

"Let's go stand by the bonfire. Don't think I didn't notice you shivering." When we got to the bonfire, we both stood as close to it as we could without getting burnt by the flames.

The heat from the fire was helping warm us up, but what helped more was when Connor pulled me to him and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm just helping you get warm," he whispered into my ear, which sent a shiver through me that wasn't just from the coldness of the water. "This doesn't change anything."

"Yeah," I echoed as I leant my back into his chest. "Doesn't change anything..."

Okaaaaaayyy... y'all know it's question time... honest thoughts on Connor now? Bc Connor kinda gives me chills too 🥺👉👈...

As always, Team Mitchell? Team Connor??

Sorry to sink the ship for those on Team Miles... and don't worry there are Team Mitchell scenes coming too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.1K 2K 36
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
BLUE BLOOD By ec

Teen Fiction

369K 14.1K 63
Anybody who is a somebody knows that the blue-blooded heirs of Queens Erlington Academy keep secrets. Never fall in love with a blue blood or you'll...
16.6M 643K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
94.2K 3.5K 56
Ross stepped a step closer to me from across the room, confusion never leaving his eyes. "Are you hiding from someone ?" I bit my lip. The next door...