It Started With A Run

By sydxdidly

Cameron Black is the school's nice guy. He has the perfect life. The perfect girlfriend, the perfect family... More

Introduction
~1~ Quaint Little Town
~2~ Code White
~3~ Extraneous Problems
~4~ Sense of Humor
~5~ Crazy Ex's
~6~ Nacho Day
~7~ Ms. Queen Of The Jungle
~8~ The... Incident
~9~ Mission Impossible Style
~10~ It's 5:10 P.M.
~11~ The Lion's Den
~12~ NO!
~13~ My Best Friend
~14~ Party Size Oreos
~15~ Hot Tears
~16~ Double A
~18~ Au Revoir!
~19~ Mystery Man
~20~ For Tarah
~21~ Psychotic Bitches
~22~ Sneaky Secret Agent
~23~ Anna, Tyson, and Tarah
~24~ It's a Surprise, Surprise
~25~ Touché
~26~ The Ultimate Mini-Golf Master
~27~ Day 1: Your Humor
~28~ Three Strikes and You're Out
~29~ Now or Never Boo
~30~ Crazy and Content
~31~ Freaking Freaker
~32~ Successful
~33~ Why Does He Even Care?
~34~ Cookies and Strawberries
~35~ Happy Tears
~36~ Tony Take-Down
Epilogue
The Quaranteens: Stuck

~17~ Oh God...

230 7 2
By sydxdidly

Cameron POV
~Edited~

All week Anna and I have been hanging out and have gotten closer than we've ever been.

It's funny how just a month and a half ago I was dating Elizabeth and thought that it was the best thing in the world. If I had never come upon that abandoned Warehouse I never would've met Anna or found out that Elizabeth was cheating.

I've also been thinking about what Aaron told me. I want to make my move with Anna, but I'm not sure how or what I should do.

Aaron and I have started getting closer as well. We've been texting almost every day. And by texting, I mean me annoyingly spamming his phone until he responds to my texts.

This week was really fun, but Anna and I decided we would follow Elizabeth and Carter to their "club" meeting again today. We found out they had a meeting this Friday when I overheard Elizabeth talking to her best friend, Ellie.

I'm honestly really nervous about it all... especially about finding out what they did to Tarah, Tyson's sister. I'm not sure if I'll find out today, or if I ever will. I hope I do, so I can understand what this means to Tyson.

We also visited the Warehouse to give them all the information we found. It wasn't enough to bring to the police, but it would be good extra evidence that they were trying to manipulate me and my parents into doing what they wanted.

All the guys seemed like they were seriously proud of me for getting that information, even though I didn't really think it was that much. We don't have their confession on tape and we can't do much with what we have because they never said outright that they were selling weed. The most they can do is start an investigation and by the time they start it the families would've covered up their tracks already.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We were following Carter and Elizabeth to the Library when we heard a phone ring and they stopped walking. I pulled Anna into a nearby closet and she turned on the recorder that Tyson gave us.

"Something's wrong," Elizabeth said in a worried tone.

"What's wrong? Who is it?"

"It's my mom. She only calls when something serious is happening."

"Okay well answer it. Don't worry I'm right here with you." 

After several minutes of Elizabeth repeatedly saying "I understand." "Yes, mother." and sighing into the phone she finally hung up.

"What happened?" Carter asked after a few seconds of silence.

"Apparently one of our 'customers' let slip what we were doing again. This is a repeat from the last incident and my mom is worried it's getting out of hand. Don't worry, she convinced the police that they had the wrong address and that they should check elsewhere. Not before they checked the whole house though, it's a good thing we moved the stuff to a different location or else that would've been bad."

"It's a good thing we even have the stuff in the first place. I was fully convinced that we were never even going to get it and that we were going to be attacked by all the people in that room."

I heard Elizabeth giggle, sigh, then say, "Come on let's go before they actually do attack us for being late."

We followed them into the library, but entered through a different door, just like last time.

"We have a problem." We heard a high pitched voice say from the front of the room as soon as Carter and Elizabeth entered.

"Another one!" Elizabeth said in an extremely frustrated voice.

"Who is that?" Anna whispered to me while we were hiding behind a bookshelf.

At first I didn't recognize her, but as I looked at her closer I realized that it was Ellie. Ellie Aldridge... I knew I had heard that last name before!

"That's Ellie Aldridge. She's Elizabeth's best friend," I replied.

"Aldridge? As in one of the family's high up on my list?"

"The very one." 

"What is it this time?" We heard Elizabeth screech from in front of us. We immediately focused our attention back to what was happening.

Anna quickly checked that the conversation was still being recorded and looked up to hear what Ellie was saying for herself.

"Do you remember when the... other incident happened? In sophomore year?" Ellie asked nervously.

"Yeah... I remember?"

"Well... I just found out that the girl's alive... what we thought happened, isn't what happened."

"Okay well that sucks that she didn't die, but what does that have anything to do with us? She probably can't tell anyone what happened anyways. Remember the whole 'PTSD' thing that happened?"

Ellie looked absolutely appalled by Elizabeth's reaction to the fact that the girl they were talking about didn't die, but just rolled her eyes and brushed it off. 

"Yeah, well that's not the problem. The problem is that the police are trying to find out what happened to her that caused her to... be the way she is." Ellie lowered her voice, realizing for the first time that everyone in the room was listening to her.

"Didn't we blame it on the brother? Tyson was it?"

Tyson? They're talking about Tarah, aren't they?

"Yeah well... they thoroughly investigated him and found that he had nothing to do with what happened to her."

"What does that mean for us?"

"It means... well it means there's only a matter of time before they realize she was friends with us and start investigating us."

"Oh god..." Elizabeth sat down and covered her face with her hands.

"So... are either of you going to tell us what's going on or...?" Tim, the guy that Elizabeth yelled at the last time asked.

"No. This is private. It doesn't concern you." Elizabeth stated.

"No offense babe, but if the police are coming here to investigate us, I think we should all know what this whole thing is about," Carter interjected.

"I second that!" Another guy yelled.

"I third that!" Someone else shouted.

And then everyone was yelling about how Elizabeth and Ellie should just tell everyone what was happening so that they all understood the gravity of the situation.

"Dammit, Ellie! Why'd you have to tell me all this out in the open!"

"I'm sorry Lizzy, but I wasn't thinking about that! I was thinking about the fact that we could all go to jail."

"This is why I had to prevent you from hanging out with Cameron, do you realize that? I can't trust you to keep anything a secret!"

Pandemonium erupted —ironically— in the library.

Elizabeth was yelling at Ellie while everyone was still yelling at Elizabeth. Carter stood there trying to fix the whole thing, but then finally Elizabeth yelled, "FINE!"

Again, it was scary how quiet it got.

"I thought it would be better if you guys didn't know so that you guys wouldn't get in trouble because you don't know anything, but if they do find out about what we're doing here they'll be questioning you guys anyway. It's better that you guys all know."

"I hope you're ready Cameron, this is about to get dark," Anna whispered to me.

"You know the story?" I asked her.

"Not all of it, but enough to know that what they did was awful."

I took in a deep breath, checked to make sure we were still recording, and turned my full attention to what Elizabeth was saying.

A/N
Hey guys!

Are you guys excited to find out what happened to Tarah?

What do you guys think happened?

Do you think Ellie is a bad person?

Do you think Elizabeth is a bad person?

What about Carter?

If you liked this chapter you guys should vote and comment, it would help me out :)

Bye loves
Syd.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 93 43
~~~~ Finally the day is over, things could have gone a lot worse but the only bad thing I got from today was getting paired with Tim in a business st...
1.9K 392 43
The famous singer/songwriter, Elena Matthews, is forced to take a one year leave from her career when her sister's previous school shuts down. Her si...
469K 12.7K 34
(Under Major Editing) Camila Diaz is a nerd. No need denying it. Everyone knows, Camila knows, her friends know, her school knows, hell even her mom...
14.9K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...