Autophobia

By AMAC45

Autophobia is defined as the specific phobia of isolation; a morbid fear of being egotistical, or a dread of... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51

33

2.8K 96 29
By AMAC45

Jordyn's POV

"Why me?" I ask as I cry into my girlfriend's neck.

"I don't know Bunny." Kelley whispers.

"I'm gonna die."

"Don't say that." Kelley say. "Don't even think that Jordyn."

"I'm gonna die." I whisper. "I don't wanna die."

"Stop Jordyn." Kelley says as she wraps her arms around me. "Just stop."

"You shouldn't even be touching me right now." I say.

"I don't care Jordyn." Kelley says. "I'd rather be sick and have you in my arms then be healthy and not be able to hold you."

"We need to tell Toby." I say.

Kelley nods and grabs her phone then she calls my cousin.

"Hey Kels." Toby says.

"Hey Tobs." Kelley says. "You with Christen?"

"Hey Kelley." Christen says.

"What's up?" Toby asks.

"We've got some bad news." Kelley says.

"What's wrong?" Toby questions.

"Well you know how Jordyn wasn't feeling well the past couple weeks?"

"Yeah?"

"Well it turns out she has the Flu."

"Fuck."

"And we just found out she tested positive for Coronavirus." Kelley says then we hear someone shuffle away from the phone.

"FUCK." I hear Toby faintly yell.

"Kelley are you in the same room as Jordyn?" Christen asks.

"Hi Chrissy." I say.

"Hi Jordyn." Christen says.

"Chris I don't care." Kelley says. "I'm stayin with Jordyn...I've probably already been exposed to it so I'm staying."

"Okay Kelley."

"Jordyn?" Toby says.

"Hi Toby." I say.

"How ya feelin Bubba?"

"I'm okay." I say. "Toby?"

"Yeah Bubs?"

"Am I gonna die?"

"No." Toby says. "You're gonna be fine."

"Toby?" I say

"Yeah Bubba?"

"I'm scared."

"It's okay to be scared Jordyn." Toby says as I fight to stay awake.

"Tobs I'll call you back later." Kelley says. "Jordyn didn't sleep well last night so I'm gonna help her upstairs to nap."

"Alright." Toby says.

"Night night." I whisper.

"Have a nice nap Bubba." Toby says.

"We'll talk to you later Jordyn." Christen says then Kelley hangs up.

"Come on." Kelley says as she stands up. "Let's get you upstairs."

"Carry me?" I question.

Kelley smiles at me then she reaches down and scoops me up off the couch. Once I'm in Kelley's arms, I rest my head on her shoulder then rest my eyes as Kelley carries me to our bedroom.

"Peaches?" I whisper.

"Yeah Bunny?"

"Please be honest with me." I say. "Am I gonna die?"

"I don't know Jordyn." Kelley says as she climbs the stairs. "The doctor said these next few days are gonna be tough for you."

"Tougher than the past three weeks?"

"Apparently." Kelley says as she gets to the second floor of our home.

"This is gonna suck." I say as I'm carried to our bedroom.

"It might." Kelley says as we enter our bedroom.

Once in our bedroom, Kelley carries me to our bed, sets me down on the bed, then she helps me out of my clothes.

"Do you wanna sleep nude or do you wanna wear my clothes?"

"Your clothes please." I say then Kelley kisses my head.

Kelley heads into our closet, grabs some clothes, then she comes back and helps me into her old Stanford sweatshirt and a pair of her shorts. After I'm clothed, I get under the covers then Kelley leans against the headboard so I cuddle into her leg.

"Get some sleep Bunny." Kelley says as she hands me Shadow.

"Love you." I say as I shut my eyes while cuddling with Kelley's leg and my plush black lab.

"I love you too Babygirl." Kelley says then I try to get some sleep

- - - - -

Kelley's POV

"Right now she's fine." I say into the phone as I run my fingers through my girlfriend's hair.

"How bad is she Kelley?" Tobin asks.

"She's very weak." I say. "The doctors don't know how long she'll last."

"Fuck." Tobin yells.

"Yeah." I say

"How are you doing Kelley?" Christen asks.

"I'm a terrified I'm gonna lose my girlfriend." I admit then I feel the Jordyn's breathing on my leg stop. "Hold on."

I wait a few second, but Jordyn doesn't start breathing.

"Call 911." I say.

"What's wrong?" Tobin asks as I roll Jordyn onto her back.

"Jordyn's stopped breathing." I say as I start doing chest compressions.

"They're on the way." Tobin says.

"Don't. Forget. To. Tell. Them. She. Has. Coronavirus." I say after each compression

"We're coming over." Christen says then the phone hangs up.

I continue doing chest compressions until I hear Tobin's voice.

"KELLEY WHERE ARE YOU." Tobin shouts.

We gave them a key to our house and they gave us a key to their house.

"BEDROOM." I shout as I hear siren's approaching

Some amount of time later I hear a shit ton of people running up the stairs.

"Ma'am you need to move." An EMT says so I get off my girlfriend.

"What happened?" Another EMT asks.

"Jordyn has the Flu and recently tested positive for Coronavirus." I say. "She was napping while I was on the phone and I noticed her breathing stop while I was on the phone then I started doing chest compressions."

"We have to Move." One of the EMT's says as they load Jordyn onto the stretcher. "Like now."

"Tobin Lock up the house." I say as I gather my phone and wallet.

After I have my stuff I follow the EMT's out to the Ambulance, get in the back with Jordyn, then sit there and let one of the EMT's do their thing while we head to the hospital. Once at the hospital Jordyn is rushed out of the Ambulance and into the ER.

I try to follow my girlfriend, but I get stopped by a nurse.

"You can't be here." The nurse says.

"Respectfully Ma'am, I don't give a damn about your rules." I say. "My girlfriend could be dying and the only way you're getting me away from her is with the help of the police. So if you'd be so kind to move your ass that'd be great."

The nurse and I get into a heated argument which lasts for a while until someone breaks us up.

"Let her through Amy." The man in a white lab coat says.

The nurse let's me by so I walk over to the man in the lab coat who I now know is a doctor.

"Ms. O'Hara?"

"Yes?" I say then the doctor sighs

"I'm so sorry." The doctor says. "There's nothing we could do for her."

"Kelley?" I hear the unmistakable voice of Tobin ask behind me. "Kelley where's Jordyn?"

"She's gone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 574 19
Autophobia; The irrational and extreme fear of being alone or isolated. Those with autophobia will suffer severe anxiety and agitation when left una...
4.6K 486 40
Book ONE of Out Of... series •~•~• To be scared of something is to not want to be near it, or see it...or feel it. To fear something is the same th...
1.5K 136 41
Autophobia Noun A fear of one's self Copyright @Niallspopsicle ©
205 22 4
Some fears cannot be shared, cannot be expressed, and cannot be understood. That is why we call them a phobia. ...