Business to Pleasure (EDITING)

By FaithThaWritaaa

Mahlani is a beautiful young woman, that is very insecure. She comes from two very successful parents in the... More

Copyright Β© 2019
Prolouge
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
A/N
26
27
A/N
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

10

2.7K 73 15
By FaithThaWritaaa

The next morning..

Mahlani

I woke up and saw I was still in the guest bedroom. I looked around for my phone and saw it was on the floor. I tried to reach as far as I can so I wouldn't have to get up and feel all the pain was in..but I ended up falling on the floor. I yelped in pain and sighed. I grabbed my phone and checked my messages. I saw Aubrey texted me.

Hey, can you come to the studio around 12:30pm?

Yeah! See you in a little white.

I slowly got up ignoring the pain shooting through my body. I went into the guest bathroom and turned on the shower. I brushed my teeth and carefully washed my face while I waited for the after to warm up. I wrapped up my hair so it wouldn't get wet,since it was still straight. I stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the shower. I let the hot water hit my skin while it kind of stung in the process. I washed up as quickly as possible. Once I finished I got out and wrapped my towel around my body. I stared at myself in the mirror looking at how disturbing I looked and how skinny I was. I hated my body and the way I looked. Maybe that's why Kenneth kept cheating on me. I shook those thoughts out my head and chose something simple to wear and made sure it covered all my bruises. I put on lotion and deodorant then I put on my clothes and shoes. I put makeup on my face to hide all my bruises and I made sure all of them were hidden. I sprayed on some perfume and and made sure I had my phone and purse before walking out the room. I texted Aubrey that I was on my way. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar to eat. I then went into me and Kenneth's room to grab my keys off the dresser and grab some shades. I placed them on and I saw Kenneth walk out the bathroom.

"Where you going?" He asked me. I quickly walked out the room and walked towards the front door. I heard his footsteps behind me and he quickly grabbed me wrapping his hands around my neck.

"I asked you a damn question Mahlani." I shook in fear. He tightened his grip around my neck and I started shaking. "When you get back I got something for you." He let go of my neck and I quickly walked out the door not even bothering to lock it. I got inside my car and drove off towards the studio. After about 20 minutes I got there and I got out the car going to the front entrance. I opened the door and waved at the receptionist smiling. I took off my shades before speaking to her.

"Hey how are you?" I asked her.

"I'm good and you?" She said returning the smile.

"I'm good thank you." I said walking down the hall to where the studio was. I saw the lights were off and I looked around confused. I called Aubrey.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey I'm here but I don't see you guys in the studio." I said confused.

"Oh yeah we're in the other studio today. Go to the elevator and go to the highest floor which is 20 and when you get off keep straight and go to the end of the hall. I'll stand outside and wait for you." He said.

"Okay here I come." I said.

"Okay." He said. I hung up the phone and walked towards the elevator. I got on and pressed the 20th floor. After about 3 minutes with no stops, I got off and walked all the way to the end of the hall seeing Aubrey smiling at me. I laughed and smiled back.

"Hey Mahlani I haven't seen you in like 10 years girl." He said putting his hand out and rolling his neck making me laugh even harder.

"You're a mess." I said shaking my head smiling. I opened my arms for a hug. Aubrey hugged me tightly and I winced in pain a little. He pulled back from the hug confused.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked concerned.

"No-no...I fell down the stairs earlier." I said stuttering. He stared at me hardly and grabbed my chin gently. I flinched a little but I don't think he noticed. He twisted my head to the side and he frowned.

"Who did that to you?" He asked me letting go of my face. I looked down and tried to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. "Look at me Mahlani." He said sighing. "Lift up your shirt." He said. I tensed up. I slowly lifted up my shirt and tears started falling down my face. He touched some of my bruises and pulled me into a hug while I just sobbed.

"I-I-I'm sorry." I said sobbing even harder. He pulled me into a hug while I just cried in his chest. He rubbed my back and I couldn't do anything but just cry. It felt good to be in someone's arms that I actually trusted and I felt safe. After I calmed down a little we went into the studio and I sat on the couch. Aubrey made everybody get out the studio so he could talk to me. I just stared at my hands. I felt him sit next to me and he grabbed my hand. I continued to look down.

"Mahlani, look at me." Aubrey said. I looked at him while a couple tear drops fell down my face. He wiped away my tears and I took a deep breath.

"It was Kenneth." I said as my voice cracked. "This has been happening for a while now but- I- I don't know how to leave and tell him I'm done. He's been cheating on me and I'm just tired of it." I said shaking my head. I looked at Aubrey and saw the most angry expression on his face.

"Mahlani, you need to tell him as soon as you get back how you feel and end it. I'll go with you but I'm going to stay outside so I won't cause any problems. I'll send in one of my body guards with you to make sure nothing happens. Afterwards, I'm gonna have my guard take you to Koi's house and I'll help you look for an apartment or a condo. I'm gonna make sure nothing happens to you, alright?" He said making me nod my head while tears ran down my face. He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back.

"Thank you." I said barely above a whisper. We pulled away from the hug. I grabbed my phone to fix my make up and made sure I looked okay. He let everyone come back in but he stepped outside to make a call. I spoke to everyone and hugged them. After a few minutes he stepped back in and 40 played a couple beats. We decided on a beat and we both went in the booth and wrote lyrics together. That took about 2 hours because we kept playing and switching up the lyrics. We did a quick run through and then we decided we were ready to record the full thing. He had some idea for one part so he had one of his friends, WizKid, do a part in the song.

Baby, I like your style

Grips on your waist
Front way, back way
You know that I don't play
Streets not safe
But I never run away
Even when I'm away
Oti, oti, there's never much love when we go OT
I pray to make it back in one piece
I pray, I pray
That's why I need a one dance
Got a Hennessy in my hand
One more time 'fore I go
Higher powers taking a hold on me
I need a one dance
Got a Hennessy in my hand
One more time 'fore I go
Higher powers taking a hold on me
Baby, I like your style
Strength and guidance
All that I'm wishin' for my friends
Nobody makes it from my ends
I had to bust up the silence
You know you gotta stick by me
Soon as you see the text, reply me
I don't wanna spend time fighting
We've got no time
And that's why I need a one dance
Got a Hennessy in my hand
One more time 'fore I go
Higher powers taking a hold on me
I need a one dance
Got a Hennessy in my hand
One more time 'fore I go
Higher powers taking a hold on me
Got a pretty girl and she love me long time
Wine it, wine it, and she love me long time
Ooh yeah, very long time
Back up, back up, back up and wine it
Back up, back up and wine it, girl
Back up, back up, back up and wine it
Ooh yeah, very long time
Back, up, back up and wine it, girl
Ooh, tell me
I need to know, where do you wanna go?
'Cause if you're down, I'll take it slow
Make you lose control
Where, where, where
Where, where, where, where (ooh yeah, very long time)
Where, where, where
Back, up, back up and wine it, girl (where, where, where, where
'Cause if you're down (back up, back up and)
I need a one dance
Got a Hennessy in my hand
One more time 'fore I go
Higher powers taking a hold on me
I need a one dance
Got a Hennessy in my hand
One more time 'fore I go
Higher powers taking a hold on me

After a few stops and breaks we finally finished within 3 hours. I had so much fun. We walked out the booth and sat on the couch and listened to the song. I danced while singing it. Once it ended we all clapped.

"That shit was fire yo!" Milo said dapping up Aubrey and WizKid and hugging me. All I could do was smile. Making music and singing was my happy place and it always made me feel better. About 30 minutes later everyone left and now it was just me, Aubrey, and Chubbs. I started to get nervous and I bounced my leg up and down. Aubrey sat next to me and placed his hand on my leg.

"Everything will be alright Lani. We won't let him hurt you ever again." He said making me nod my head.

"Okay." I said sighing. We stood up and went towards the elevator or go back downstairs. We got on. After we reached the first floor we walked out the building and I went towards my car.

"We'll follow you there." He said walking towards his car. I got inside the car and waited for the to get in the car and get situated. After they did, I pulled off and went towards the direction of my house. I drove the speed limit since they were following me and I didn't want them to get lost. After 35 minutes we got there and I saw Kenneth's car. I let out a shaky breath and took my keys out the ignition. I walked over to Aubrey's car and he let down his window while Chubbs got out.

"Make sure you pack up all your stuff or you're able to get as much as you can." He said.

"Alright." I said giving him a small smile. I walked towards the front door with Chubbs behind me. I unlocked the door. I looked on the floor and saw I had a couple shoes. I picked them up and walked to our room seeing Kenneth sitting on the bed. I stared at him while he stared and me. He slowly got up and walked towards me. When he was in front of me he was about to slap me and I flinched but Chubbs stopped him.

"I advise you to move back sir." He said mean mugging him. Kenneth moves back while chuckling coldly.

"Ken..I can't do this anymore. The abuse, the lies, the cheating I just can't do it anymore. You broke me, and I need to build myself up again. I can't keep putting myself through this. I've had enough of your shit and I'm leaving." I said while going inside the bathroom towards the closet. I grabbed all of my duffle bags and started stuffing my clothes in them.

"So you're just gonna leave?" He said standing at the door. I ignored him and continued to pack. I grabbed another bag and put all my jewelry and accessories in there. I then took another bag and grabbed all my makeup. I went inside the guest room and grabbed all the things I needed. I double checked after about 10 minutes of packing and made sure I had everything I needed. I took off my ring and tossed it on the floor.

"Bye Kenneth." I said grabbing my bags while Chubbs helped me.

"I told your stupid bitch ass I would get help and now you're just gonna up and leave? You're pathetic nobody will ever love you like I did." He said yelling. Tears ran down my face and I dropped my bags running towards him.

"DID YOU REALLY JUST SAY THAT TO ME? AFTER ALL THE SHIT I SACRIFICED FOR YOU, AFTER ALL YOUR SHIT I PUT UP WITH REALLY?" I said while hitting him repeatedly. Chubbs tried to pry me off of him but I wouldn't budge. "I DID EVERYTHING FOR YOU. I STAYED WITH YOU AFTER YOU CHEATED ON ME MULTIPLE TIMES! I STAYED STRONG FOR US WHEN I HAD 4 FUCKING MISCARRIAGES AND YOU STILL TREATED ME THIS WAY? NAH KENNETH ANDRE FARROWS nobody will ever love you the way I did." I said. I stopped hitting him and I grabbed all my stuff walking out the front door.

"Let's go." I mumbled. Aubrey got out the car helping us put stuff into the car. After that I couldn't even drive because I was crying so much, so Chubbs drove my car to Koi's house while I rode with Aubrey. I told him everything while he just held my hand and listened.

"Mahlani, you are a strong ass woman for putting up with his shit and I'm not just saying this to make you feel better. I've never met someone who has felt with something like this. I'm glad you were finally able to stand up to him. You deserve way better. You're one of the most beautiful, amazing, strongest women I've ever met and never let my one tell you otherwise. You're going to find someone who will love and cherish you no matter what. Just give it time." Aubrey said making me cry harder. That was one of the most sweetest things any man has ever told me.

"Thank you." I said wiping away my tears. We pulled up to Koi's house and she ran outside. I got out the car and she ran straight to me attacking me with a hug.

"Lala..why didn't you tell me?" She said pulling away from the hug.

"I couldn't and I didn't know how." I said wiping my hand down my face. Everyone helped me bring my bags inside the house and they put it in the guest room I always stay in. Aubrey had to leave and I was kind of sad because I really didn't want him to leave.

"I'll call you later, maybe we can hang out sometime this week." He said making me do a small smile.

"Okay that's fine." I said. He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back. We pulled away from the hug and he kissed my cheek.

"Bye Lani."

"Bye Aubrey." I said blushing...

To be continued...

Thoughts on..

Mahlani?
Aubrey?
Kenneth?
Koi?
Hope you guys enjoyed! Make sure to Vote,Comment, and Share❤️Excuse any mistakes...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472 70 34
it was business that brought her out to Canada in the first place but her business trip turned in to one of the most romantic weekend she yet to hav...
123K 4.4K 58
Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj, just a simple girl from New York. She has faced challenges throughout her life that led to her success and independence...
5.8K 241 14
❝ that one girl from 2 years ago, i just hit her, i still kinda wanna see if we'll do better. ❞ tyrese maxey x oc.
1.6K 105 11
Aubrey caught Jaliyah's gaze, a storm of emotions brewing in his eyes. "Jaliyah, I know it's complicated, but I can't shake this feeling! We belong t...