Forbidden Fruit

By hannaZhrb

*COMPLETED* Short Story: Jaxson likes his life as it is. He graduated high school and got a fully paid footba... More

Cast
Chapter 1 - Take me to your best friends house
Chapter 3 - Pretending
Chapter 4 - Change is quiet
Chapter 5 - Candlelight and Ignorance
Chapter 6 - Overthinking and Overstepping
Chapter 7 - Ghosts of a person
Chapter 8 - Turning Tables
Chapter 9 - Wasting time
Chapter 10 - Open up
Chapter 11 - Confrontation sucks
Chapter 12 - Holding my friend
Chapter 13 - Barbie and Ken
Chapter 14 Picking sides
Chapter 15 - You are the one for me
Chapter 16 - Flying home
Chapter 17 - Friends from college
Chapter 18 - Love isn't enough
Chapter 19 - From Friends to Lovers
Chapter 20 - Finish him
Epilogue
The ultra super Quiz Show
Authors Note
Patreon

Chapter 2 - Widow in a party dress

25.8K 1K 1.6K
By hannaZhrb

"Come on dude we gotta go! I have to pick Melody up from her friends house in 10 minutes and its 20 minutes away, hurry your gay ass up!" Nick yelled from our room, making me sigh as I was styling my hair. I literally just got home 15 minutes ago and stunk like a bear who had taken a bath in testosterone after my second training this afternoon. He only told me that we had to pick Melody up as soon as I fell exhausted on my bed, ready to take a nap. 

"Its your fault for not telling me earlier. You knew I had practice until 6 and that I always get food afterwards with the guys. We wouldn't be on time anyway, you should have just told Melody or whatever to meet us there" I replied, finishing my hair and walking to my closet. Nick was already wearing a shirt and a pair of dark jeans, simple as always. 

"I can't do that Jaxson, I love her! Anyways, she doesn't have a car and wants to be with me instead of letting her friend drive her" Nick replied, taking his car keys, while I was busy getting into my pants and picking out a belt. And no, that is not a stereotypical gay thing, its just simply my style, not my sexuality. Deal with it. 

"Yeah, well I don't care. If she bitches in the car about us being late, I'm going to get bitchy as well" I replied, buckling up my belt and getting a simple shirt. I grabbed my keys and phone, before nudging my head towards the door, signaling that we could go. Nick jumped up like a little kid, following me. 

"Can't guarantee anything and also Jaxson, you're always a bitch" he grinned. I rolled my eyes, before closing the door behind us. Nick wasn't wrong though, I could be a bitch, but only if you make me one. And just because I'm not a very cheerful and positive person, like my best friend over here, doesn't mean that I'm bitchy. Nick snickered, before playfully shoving my arm, making me groan. But that only made him laugh. Nick knew me better than anybody and he understood me. I didn't scare him away with my attitude and it felt good to have at least one person in my life who really gets me. 

A 25 minute long drive later, after we had to stop for gas, because somebody forgot to fill up his tank, we arrived at that girls house. Nick texted her, saying that we had arrived and not 1 minute later, his latest girlfriend walked towards the car and I could already smell how angry she was. She just got inside, slamming the door shut behind her and crossing her arms in front of her chest. Yep, she was pissed. While that was happening, I was concentrating on my dms, only to see all the supposably straight guys that slide into them. God, they will never learn will they? 

"Hello sugar bun, I've missed you" Nick spoke, leaning over and trying to kiss his girlfriend. But she only turned her head away from him, so his lips met the side of her face. "Boo whats wrong?" Nick asked and I rolled my eyes, because we already knew that bitch would start something. I don't hate Nicks girlfriends, because I barely see them over the course of their three week relationship. I pity them, if anything, and I refuse to get to know them incase I like them and get attached. Because I would surly get shit from Nick for hanging out with his ex. But on the other hand, that was most unlikely, because Nick had a type: long hair, cute face, sensitive, clingy, overdramatic and romantic. And I did not need one of those in my life. I already had Nick after all. 

"You are late" she stated and I proceeded to try and not listen in on their stupid fight from here on out. I stumbled upon an message from one of the guys who used to 'bully' me in school. Bully is a bit harsh, since me and my friends always beat them up when they got physical. A few insults I could take, but no way in hell would I take a punch from a guy, just because I was gay. Gabe Connor... who would have thought that asshole liked ass? He even send me a dick pic and I chuckled a bit, while the two in the front were now full on fighting. Melody was crying and Nick was begging her to stop and she started to yell at him. But Gabes dick looked really weird. Why would you send something like that? It had a weird curve and I had to chuckle again, when I saw that he had taken it wearing military pants.

"What are you laughing about?? I bet its your fault Nick is late again!" Melody or whatever yelled now at me, turning around. I just shook my head, chuckled and leaned forward, holding my phone with the dick pic in front of Nicks face. 

"Ew dude, what the fuck whose was that??" he asked, slightly loosing control of the car for a moment. I just sat back and looked at the message Gabe had send me with the pic. 'You wanna suck?' Yeah, he was never the brightest. 

"Gabe" I simply replied, before typing my message "No thanks". I didn't want to be too shitty about it, because I knew how fucking hard it can be to come out of the closet and not even Gabe deserved to get bullied for that. 

"Gabe as in like high school Gabe?? The guy who tried to fight you for 4 years?? The same guy who testified for Blake saying in a fucking courtroom he hates homosexuals??" Nick replied, shocked just like I was. But honestly, it was kind of expected. "Yup" I replied, popping the p. 

"Hello?? We are in the middle of an argument!" Melody cried and I was ready to tune out again, when Nick replied "Hold on honey bun, this is important! Wait so he just send you a dick pic? Dude, we could so send that to his old buddies, that would teach him!" 

"No. Thats not right Nick. He was an ass, but who cares? Its not enough to force him out of the closet. Thats just wrong" I said, blocking Gabe. I didn't need another weird dick pic. 

"Yeah, but you know whats also wrong? Sending unwanted dick pics!" Nick replied and I mean, he was not wrong, but that was just the world we live in. "Don't worry about it. I get them almost every day. I bet Melody does too" I replied causally, before putting my phone away. 

"What?? Is that true boo?" Nick asked and I cringed a little at the nickname. Melodys features softened and a light blush of embarrassment appeared on her face. "I mean.. yeah?" she replied and Nicks mouth gaped open, but nothing came out. 

"Dude its not a big deal. Yes it sucks and people have to change, but I mean, everybody gets them" I shrugged. 

"I don't! Why does nobody want to send me dick pics?? Am I not handsome enough??" Nick yelled, actually offended and I bit my tongue, so I wouldn't laugh at his true misery. "Maybe because you are as straight as they come?" I asked and Nick scoffed. 

"So?! An ass is an ass, why won't anybody appreciate mine??" Nick asked, pulling up to the house of the party. Colorful lights boomed from the inside and you could hear the music. A few people sat on the front porch and smoked some weed, making me shake my head. This was going to be a mess. 

"I will send you one of mine if it makes you feel better" I replied annoyed, getting out of the car. When I wanted to walk into the house, a hand stopped me. When I turned around, Nick was looking at me, a smile on his face. "Thank you. That means a lot" he said and I rolled my eyes, because my best friend was weird. But I had to love him, so I just pressed out a smile, swung my arm around his shoulders and we followed his girlfriend inside. 

-

"Fuck get off of me! Find a room like everybody else" I groaned, when the couple next to me on the couch fell on me for the third time now. This party sucked. Its been two hours and I just wanna go home. Literally no cute guys were here, just stoners and some wannabe e-girls or whatever. I tried to get into beer pong with them, but they were a little too slow and found it incredibly funny when they missed. I was too competitive for that, so I just got myself a beer and sat down on the sofa. Nick had disappeared with Melody the second we came inside. Maybe they were banging somewhere or doing something else, I don't know.

Suddenly, there was a big fat vase flying out of the hallway, hitting the wall in the living room and shattering into little pieces. Oh no. I already know where this was going. And of course I was correct as my stupid best friend, came running into the room, hands up in defense, while his probably now ex girlfriend was running after him. What the hell did he do this time? But I already knew he would fuck up again. This was long coming. After all, they had been going out for about 3 weeks now. Usually by now, Nick cried, because he fell out of love and now had to break up with his beloved girlfriend. 

"Honeyboo calm down! I'm sorry ok? I love you!" Nick cried, as Melody ripped a glass out of somebodys hand and aimed for Nick, who reacted quickly, by jumping over the couch, ducking, as the glass came flying into his direction. I should also point out, that Nicks pants were open and his shirt was missing. Yeah, they were making out. This fight would have stopped every other party, but here, people just kept passing the blunt and mumbling 'Whoa' or shit. I sighed, before walking over to Melody and catching her wrist as she was just about to throw another glass. 

"Whats the problem here?" I asked and now her glare was directed at me. 

"That asshole called me by another girls name!" she yelled, pointing at Nick, who had climbed over the couch and carefully approached us. Of course he had. 

"I did not!" he argued and I mentally facepalmed myself. Dude... I love my best friend, but he was so obnoxious sometimes, it was almost inspiring. 

"Yes you did! You called me Ariel!" she yelled and I couldn't help but shake my head. Ariel? Really? He had never dated one of those before, he genuinely just didn't know his girlfriends name or forgot again. "And thats not your name?" Nick asked embarrassed and I wanted to hit him for admitting his mistake. He could have saved his ass but now...not chance. Melody yelled as she tried to leap forward and slap Nick, but I held her back. It was easy, she was small and light as a feather. 

"Calm down honey. He's just an idiot, but he means well" I tried to save Nicks ass. 

"I don't care! We are through Nick! Through!!" she yelled and I could almost hear Nicks heart shattering. He truly believed every time that it was love and now I would definitely have to deal with a heartbroken Nick for the next two days, until he finds his next victim. I knew he wasn't really heartbroken, but he was still hurt and even though he was partly at fault for that, he was my best friend and I didn't like to see him hurt. 

"No... baby you don't mean that!" he chocked, tears welling in his eyes. Oh this was just cinema ready. I did feel bad when I saw Nicks tears, don't get me wrong. It was usually him breaking up with the girl when he gets bored. I don't think anybody has ever dumped him before this. I knew this Melody wasn't good for him. Yes he called her by another name, but that was simply Nick. Both were just getting on my nerves right now. 

"I can and I will! You say I'm your top priority, but in reality, I don't even come on fourth place! We're over" she yelled again, before storming away to the couch and into the arms of her friend that dragged us all here. Nick was left alone, standing stiff as he let the words register in his brain. His hands were balled into fists and tears were welling in his eyes. I sighed as I laid my hand on top of his shoulder. "I'm sorry man...you wanna go home?" I asked, but suddenly, Nick stormed away and into the kitchen. I groaned, following him. 

"Nope, I'm good. I just need a damn drink" he said, wiping away his tears with the back of his hand, before pouring himself a shot of tequila and drowning it in one go, before refilling the glass and repeating the action. "Are you sure?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer. I knew the answer he was going to give me, as well as the one that he actually wanted to say. 

"Yup..." he replied, drowning another shot. I sighed, before walking over to where he was standing and ripping the tequila out of his hand. Before he could protest, I handed him a beer. "You will thank me in the morning" I replied and Nick clenched his jaw, before drinking his beer in one go. The boy could drink. I mean, he loved alcohol before this, but now that he actually needed it, this was going to be a disaster. So I decided to just get myself some tap water. I would definitely drive us today. 

Nick took another two bottles of beer, before returning to the living room, where he turned up the music and started to dance. Some other people followed and now there was a whole dance floor at this boring party. I just stood by and watched the helplessly drunk and stoned people grab onto each other and Nick in the middle, partying like it was a competition. Suddenly, somebody tapped me on the shoulder. When I looked to my left, a guy that was about ten inches smaller than me, but bulky since he was obviously a body builder, stood beside me in his tank top. 

"Hey sexy, you wanna dance?" he asked and his voice disgusted me. He was not my type, like at all, but he also wasn't ugly. I knew I wouldn't go home with him anyway, because of my dickhead best friend, maybe fuck in the bathroom but that was it, so I just shrugged, before taking his hand and leading him to the dance floor. The guy looked like he just caught himself a nice piece of ass but in reality. I turned around and started to dance up against him. When he just stood there, looking at my ass movements, I rolled my eyes, before taking his hands and guiding them to my hips to hold them. 

We danced for a while, the guy always trying to rub his dick against my butt, but I didn't care. I let him kiss my neck and touch my stomach, even under my shirt. I didn't necessarily like it, but I just didn't care. Somehow, this was easier for me than just to sit around and enjoy my drink. I moved my hips to please and arouse this sloppy stranger and I felt nothing. I was annoyed that he wasn't doing anything, but spreading his saliva over my collar, but other than that, it was nothing new, nothing exciting. 

"You wanna go to my place?" he asked, turning me around. I literally had to look down at him. Don't get me wrong, I am tall to be fair, but that was just pathetic how he tried to take control, but failed so miserably. "Nope" I replied, letting my hips swing against his, as I rested an arm on his shoulder. The guy was taken aback by that for a moment, before grinning "Oh so you play hard to get- I see you" and I cringed at his voice again. Ugh could he just shut up?

"Nope I'm just not interested. Maybe I will blow you in the bathroom later. Take it or leave it" I replied, before turning around and continuing to rub my ass against his crotch. Suddenly, I heard a crash and when I looked over to the kitchen, where the sound originated, Nick was just getting up from the floor, a bleeding nose and a bottle of tequila in his hand. For fucks sake, I couldn't leave that boy alone for one hour, could I? 

"You've got to be kidding me" I growled, walking over to the kitchen and leaving my little guy standing stunned in the middle of the dance floor, confusion written on his face. Nick was holding himself up by the counter, giggling, as he tried to take another sip from the bottle, but accidentally slipped and landed on his butt again. I sighed, before I quickly kneeled down and picked him up, swinging his arm around my shoulders to keep him that way. 

"Jaxsooon! There'sss my maaan! I've missed you, never leave me alone again" he whined, trying to take another hit from the bottle. I quickly took that away from him, making my best friend whine, as he tried to reach for it again, but couldn't. "I think you've had enough" I said and Nick nearly fell again, if I didn't catch his waist to hold him up. God, how much had he drank? When did he even get that bottle? I should have really kept an eye on him. 

"Cooome on maaan! Letss partyy" Nick slurred, nearly taking us both to the ground. Well, this is where the night would end for us. 

"Yeah, but I will take you somewhere else first, ok? Give me your car keys" I said and Nick replied "Yayyy party! M'keys are innn m po-pockets". I shook my head, before reaching into his pocket. I caught the key and began to basically carry my best friend to his car. He tried to say goodbye to everybody, because apparently he loved them, but I dragged him away and put him safely in the car, before putting on his seatbelt for him. 

"Thaaank you Jaxsonnn you are the bessst" he grinned, when I got into the drivers side. "Yeah Yeah, thank me when you're sober again" I said, starting the car and driving us home. Home as in our dorm. Nick fell asleep quite a lot during the drive, but I wouldn't let him, since he would pass out and I could not or better would not carry his fat ass up all of those stairs. When we arrived, I helped him out of the car and into the building, before we climbed the stairs, probably taking like 1 hour to get to our room. When I opened the door, I had to let go of Nick and so I leaned him against the wall. 

Suddenly, there was a bang, as Nick fell on his butt again. "Whoopsie" he said and I picked him up again, closed the door behind us and carried him towards his bed where I sat him down. I opened his pants and got him out of them, so he wouldn't sleep too uncomfortably. Nick giggled the whole time that drunk fucker. Just when I wanted to leave to get ready for bed myself, a soft and strong hand grabbed my wrist. When I turned around, Nick was still grinning at me. 

"She leffft me Jaxsonnn. She... really left me. Just like *burp* that" he said, that stupid smile still on his face, but I could hear the sadness in his voice. I sighed, before carefully sitting down on his bed. Nick sat up again, scooting closer, so he was sitting next to me. Oh jeez an emotional drunk, how I loved those. But Nick was my best friend and of course I would be there for him. 

"I know" I replied, laying my hand on his shoulder and squeezing it. Nick was an idiot, but even he didn't deserve to feel this way. "I don't get it. I-I gave our relationssship my everything! I loved her sooo so much! I deserted my friends, I studied less and lessss, I had to always hang out with her stupid friends and I even gave up video games for her! I did everythinggg and s-she broke up with me over a dumb misunderstanding" Nick argued. 

"I know" I replied again. Nick did believe he was in love, just like he did the time before that and the time before that and so on. "Yeah but-" he cut himself off, when he suddenly fell to the side. I quickly helped him sit back up. "Why doesss that keep happeninggg?" he asked, referring to him falling all the time and I rolled my eyes. "Your stupidity" I snapped and Nick giggled. 

"Yeahhh anyway.. But she was such a baaad girlfriend. She didn't care about meee and tried to change who *hiccup* I am. When I think about it, none of my girlfriends had eeever understood me or g-given me a chanccce. They just want Nick the boyfriend. Nick the perfect and romantic guy, who only livesss for me, me, me. None of them ever really cared. They didn't asssk me what my hobbies were or tried to get to know my friends. They said they loooved me, b-but they didn't. They just didn't care" Nick said, nearly falling over a couple of times. I wanted to say something, most likely get him to go to bed, but my friend was in a rambling mood. 

"But then there isss you! You care, you looove me and y-you are my friend. Shouldn't my girlfriends try even harder? You accept me for me, e-even when I'm being stupid, even when I *hiccup* say dumb stuff. You laugh at my jokesss and you care for me when I'm hurt. Why can't I find somebody like you?" Nick asked and I had to smile to myself. He was actually kind of sweet when he was this drunk and emotional. Even though what he said was a little weird, it also made a lot of sense. 

"You are sssooo perfect and I don't think t-there is anybody good enough for you out there. There is also nobody good enough for m-me out there I think" Nick continued and I patted his back, laughing to myself. 

"Dude, I really think you have to go to sleep now don't you-" I chuckled, but suddenly, I felt Nicks hand gently getting ahold of my chin and turned my head, so I was facing him. He was looking at me, intensely, even though his eyes were clouded with alcohol and sleep, he was there, I could see it. Nicks hand remained on my chin and I was confused. Was this supposed to be a starring contest? Nick didn't look away, he just stared into my eyes and suddenly, he gulped. 

His head was slowly itching closer and closer towards mine and I froze. Wait- What was he doing? My mind was running wild, but was at peace at the same time. But still, I didn't move. Nick painfully slowly came closer and closer and was now not one inch away from me. He stoped right when our noses nearly brushed each other and I could feel his hot breath against my mouth. I couldn't move, I couldn't think. 

Nick closed his eyes and suddenly, his lips were gently pressed against mine. I was frozen in shock. Nicks hot and soft lips against mine and his breath tickling my nose made me stare at him in pure shock. I did not know, if I wanted or should kiss him back, I just stayed like this, unable to think what was going on. He didn't move his lips, he simply...kissed me. I didn't close my eyes or anything, I was just too..shocked. Suddenly, his lips were gone and he had fallen over again, but this time, he actually passed out. 

What had just happened?

---------------------------------------

So....that happened. 

But my babies first kiss! Well...a drunken one but still!

Thoughts??

I hope you enjoyed the first two chapters and I can tell you, it was so much fun to write! I don't think I've ever wrote a new book so quickly! 

What do you think about the story being from Jaxsons point of view? I chose him, because Nick has a lot going on inside his head even who he comes across as an idiot sometimes. But you gotta love the boy! 

Oh yeah and I am thinking about starting an instagram account for my writing. Would you guys be interested in that? There would be votes, updates and sneak peaks.

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter, it really means the world. 

- Hanna 💜🌈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 4.6K 75
(This is the edited version of my book Bad Boy Knows My Secret) Jesse's life turns upside down once the football player from his school finds out he'...
3.2M 121K 49
*** COMPLETED *** Sixteen year old Daniel Layman has been bullied since he came out. His best friend and protector Sean, moved to Los Angeles leaving...
148K 3.8K 24
Justin is an normal guy going into high school. From what he hears from his older sister Jasmin, freshman year is going to be hell. Now a mysterious...
349K 16.8K 33
*COMPLETED STORY* "Promise you won't leave again," I begged him. "I won't leave you, Ji Hoon," Jax said in his deep, husky voice. But his words weren...