The Elemental (Elijah Mikaels...

By adbaez

"And who might you be?" His dark eyes darted back and forth between her blue ones, unreadable yet searching a... More

PART ONE
Andromeda
Rose
Elijah Mikaelson
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon Part One
By the Light of the Moon Part Two
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Shots
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party Part One
The Dinner Party Part Two
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
The Birthday
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Ordinary People
Homecoming
The New Deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out the Dead
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
All My Children (SMUT)
1912
Break On Through
The Murder of One
Heart of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Before Sunset
The Departed
Part Two
Growing Pains
The Rager
The Five
The Killer
We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
The Brother's Keeper
We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
O Come, All Ye Faithful
After School Special
Catch Me if You Can
A View to a Kill
Into The Wild
Down the Rabbit Hole
Stand By Me/Bring it On
American Gothic
Pictures of You
A New Life
New Orleans
House of The Rising Sun
Tangled Up in Blue
Girl in New Orleans
Sinners and Saints
Fruit of The Poisoned Tree
Bloodletting
The River in Reverse
Reigning Pain in New Orleans
The Casket Girls'
Après Moi, Le Déluge
Dance Back From the Grave
Crescent City
Long Way Back From Hell
Le Grand Guignol
Red String
Author's Note: Check Out My New Story!

Happy Birthday.

15.4K 522 248
By adbaez

Andromeda slowly crept inside Regulus's room, the toddler sleeping with his back to her, as his sister stepped forward with a soft smile. "Happy Birthday, to you" She sang, taking a seat by his bedside, and slowly pulling the blue comforter away. "Happy Birthday, to you" Andromeda pressed light kisses on the toddler's cheek, his forehead, his nose as it scrunched up, and Regulus groaned tiredly as Andy giggled.

"Happy Birthday, dear Reggie." Reggie's tired eyes fluttered open, a wide smile spreading across Andy's lips as he yawned, before blinking up at her. "Happy Birthday, to you." Regulus smiled up at her, throwing his arms around his sister's neck as she leaned forward for a hug.

"Thank you, mama."

"You're welcome, my sweet." Andromeda breathed, hugging him tightly, before grinning down at him. "Now, come. We have a busy day."

***********************************

Andy was in the kitchen, a blue apron shielding her clothes as she pulled chocolate cupcakes out of the oven, Caroline barking orders into her phone.

"Where's the clown? I specifically asked for a clown to be here, by 3 o'clock." Her best friend demanded, and Andromeda rolled her eyes as she set the cupcakes on a cooling rack. "And Jeremy, all of the gifts go in the backyard, underneath the table by the cake." Caroline instructed, and Jeremy nodded seriously as he picked up the many gift bags, Tyler helping him.

"Sure thing."

"Is all of this necessary?" Andy questioned, placing her hands on her hips as she gave Caroline a look, and the blonde gave her a look of disbelief. "It's Reggie's birthday!"

"Caroline, he's six."

"He's only turning six once." She countered, and Andy laughed. "Seriously, thank you." Andy breathed, smiling at her friend. "You didn't have to do all this."

"Of course I did." Care reassured, stepping forward to throw her arm over Andy's shoulders. "Who else would throw the perfect, children's party?"

"Oh, wow. Thanks so much." Andy rolled her eyes, and they both laughed, before Regulus and a bunch of his classmates ran through the kitchen, shooting at each other with NERF guns. "Nuh, uh, take that outside! All of you, the party is outside!" Andy instructed, Reggie smiling apologetically before running after his friends with a laugh.

"Boys." Caroline complained, and Andy nodded in agreement. "Is he still asking for Elijah?" Care questioned, and Andy let out a deep sigh. "You already know that he is." Caroline gave her a sad smile, and Andromeda shrugged. "How are you?"

"Honestly?" At Caroline's nod, Andy pressed a hand against her forehead with a sigh. "It still hurts. My boyfriend was daggered by his evil brother, only for me to find out from, said evil brother, that my boyfriend could have possibly only been interested in me because I look like my very dead older sister."

"But, you don't know that." Care breathed, and Andy shot her a look. "Caroline, I showed you the drawings. I look just bloody like her."

"That doesn't mean you two are anything similar." At Andy's scoff, Caroline changed the subject. "What about Cameron?"

"What about him? He's too busy to be bothered with his child's birthday, again." Andromeda stated, leaning forward to rest her forearms on the cool marble counter. "I write letters" Andy breathed out, Caroline looking at her in curiosity. "Every day, about everything that Elijah has missed. I take videos of Reggie, I got Bonnie on camera duty outside." The girls laughed, and Andromeda let out a deep sigh.

"As hurt as I am, I miss him."

Care moved forward to give her a hug, and Andy patted her arm gratefully. She looked up to see Damon entering the house, a large white box carried in his hands, and the vampire smiled at her as he caught sight of them.

"One Star Wars cake, as requested." Caroline immediately moved forward to check that it was perfect, and Andy laughed before smiling up at him. "Thank you, Day."

"No problem." He pressed a light kiss to her cheek, and Andy gave him a small smile before moving away. While she forgave him for snapping her neck, things were still weird between them after he kissed Elena. Andy understood that he was sick, but gosh, it still hurt. They didn't talk about what he said, didn't bring up the fact that Damon said he loved her. There was no point.

"Take the cake to the back, I'll show you where." Caroline instructed, leading the older Salvatore away, and Andy smiled as she watched them go. She turned around, placing all the cupcakes on a wide platter, before icing them with blue and red frosting. The elemental carried them outside, smiling wide at seeing the kids running around, some bouncing in the castle bounce house that Caroline rented.

There were balloons tied to the fence posts, Andy noticed that the clown finally showed up as she saw Regulus getting his face painted, and she shook her head with a laugh. Andromeda placed the cupcakes in front of the cake, putting them with other snacks and goodies for the kids.

"Caroline sure did out do herself." Bonnie's voice came from behind her, and Andy smiled as she turned to her. "You think?" Both girls laughed, before Bonnie held up the Polaroid camera in her hands, and snapped a picture.

"Oh, no, I look terrible." Andy whined, and Bonnie shot her a look before gesturing her to go inside. "Then go take that apron off, and wipe the frosting off your face! We got it from here."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Andy. Now, go!" Bonnie pushed her lightly with a laugh, and Andromeda shook her head with a smile before returning inside. Andy took a quick shower, dressing herself in a white t-shirt with black jeans and sneakers, brushing her hair into a high ponytail before her phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Andromeda!" Klaus's voice greeted her, and Andy held back a groan as she rubbed her hand over her face. "How's young Regulus's birthday going?"

"How did you even know about that?" Andy questioned, and Klaus laughed in amusement. "I know everything, Andy. I assume, that you got my gift."

"If by gift, you mean the giant red motorbike, then yes." She said sarcastically, and Klaus chuckled in her ear. "That's good, you could tell the lad that it's a gift from my brother."

"Or, you could undagger my boyfriend, so he could come himself." Andy breathed, and she heard him click his tongue. "Now, you know I can't do that, love."

"Why do you keep calling me, Nik?" Andromeda questioned, the nickname slipping past her tongue, but she didn't care. "Just checking in on my brother's girl, nothing more."

"'Just checking in', my arse. You know that if something happens to either one of us, Elijah will never forgive you." She stated, and Klaus was quick to counter. "That may be true, but I have my own reasons, I assure you."

"And, what are they?"

"Why, because you're family, of course." Andy was stuck speechless, and Klaus laughed. "Tell Regulus, happy birthday, will you?" With that he hung up, and Andromeda groaned, banging her head against her vanity. "Did he say where he was?" A voice spoke from behind her, and Andy rolled her eyes before sitting up.

"No, Damon. He never does, you know this." She turned to face the older Salvatore, who had a small frown, but nodded. "Doesn't help to ask." He breathed, walking forward to wrap his arms around her from behind, resting his chin on the top of her head as both of their blue eyes gazed at each other in the mirror.

"Caroline wants you. Says it's time to cut the cake." Damon murmured, and Andy closed her eyes with a sigh, letting it fall back against his stomach. "Joy." She breathed, the vampire chuckling before letting go.

Andromeda followed him downstairs, Caroline quickly approaching her as she caught sight of the elemental. "Come on, it's time to sing 'Happy Birthday'." She instructed, and Andy shook her head as the blonde grabbed her hand, pulling her outside. Andromeda quickly looked around for Reggie, and smiled as she caught him sliding out of the bounce house.

"A rìgh bheag, tha an t-àm ann co-là breith sona a sheinn." She called out, and Regulus grinned as he rushed towards her. The two siblings stood behind the cake, Andromeda kneeling besides him as Caroline lit the candles, Bonnie snapping pictures, and Jeremy holding a camera to record besides his girlfriend as everyone else gathered around.

As everyone sang 'Happy Birthday', Regulus's wide grin never left his face, and Andy didn't tear her eyes away from as his green eyes seemed to glow under the candle light. "Make a wish, my sweet." She breathed into his ear, smiling as Reggie blew out his candles, and everyone cheered.

Everyone moved to surrounding tables as Andy passed out slices of cake, Regulus eating besides Bonnie, Jeremy and Tyler, who laughed at the toddler. That was when, Andy felt it. Andromeda looked up, her eyes immediately moving towards the door that led to inside the house, just as someone stepped out. And brown eyes met hers.

"You've gotten big, little sister."

"Fane." She breathed, moving away from the snack table and rushing forward, throwing her arms around the vampire. Fane immediately lifted her off her feet, swinging her around in a circle, just like if she was a little girl again. "Let me look at you." Her brother stepped back with a smile, cupping her face in his palms as his eyes roved over her, and Andy did the same.

Fane was dressed in light blue jeans, white sneakers, and a white t-shirt under a denim jacket. He had a light brown stubble covering his face, and his chocolate eyes twinkled. "What are you doing here, where's Febe?" Andromeda questioned, spinning around with a smile as she heard;

"I'm right here, little sister."

"Febe!" Her sister pulled her into a warm hug, laughter sounding in her ears, as Andy buried her head into Febe's neck. For once, she felt safe. She felt happy. "Regulus!" Andromeda called, separating from the embrace to peer at the toddler, who looked to her in confusion from where he sat.

"Come, meet our siblings!" Reggie's eyes widened comically, immediately recognizing the twins, and he ran forward with a screech of excitement. Fane caught him with a laugh, throwing him into the air, before squeezing him in a hug. "You're really here!" Reggie exclaimed, and Febe chuckled, wrapping her arms around Fane as the twins pulled their younger siblings into a group hug.

"Of course, we are. You needed us." Febe shot her a little sister a meaningful look, and Andy flushed before nodding. "But, we can discuss that later. For now..."

"We bring gifts." Fane finished for his twin, setting Regulus down as he reached into his pocket. "Here." Her brother pulled out two amulets, and Andromeda recognized the writing etched into them as Ancient Greek. He passed one to Febe, before kneeling in front of Reggie, whose eyes were wide with awe as he stared at the golden amulet that hung from a black rope.

"It invokes protection..."

"And good luck." Febe finished, tying the other around Andy's own neck as Andromeda looked down at it in wonder. It was gold, roughly the size of a quarter, with letters of Ancient Greek etched into it and it fell into the hollow of her neck.

"Thank you..." The siblings shared a smile, and Reggie scampered off excitedly to play. When the party was over, Caroline stayed back to help clean up, as Damon and the other's went home. Andy helped a giggling Regulus get ready for bed, the toddler bouncing on his bed as she dressed him in his pajamas.

"Did you have fun, η καρδιά μου?" Andromeda asked, the toddler nodding his head with a large smile as she tucked him in. "Yes, mama. Are the twins staying?" He asked, and Andy shrugged. "I don't know."

"I hope they do. I like them." Reggie stated firmly, and Andy let a smile spread across her lips. "I like them too." She pressed a firm kiss to his forehead, before brushing stray curls away from his face. "I love you, Regulus." Andy murmured, and Reggie smiled.

"I love you too."

When Andy returned downstairs, Febe was helping Caroline put away the left over food, the two women conversing animatedly as Fane peered at all of the photos framing the walls. The vampire peered up at her approach, a smile immediately crossing his face.

"Have I told you, how much you look like our mother?"

"Every time you've seen me." Andromeda breathed, smiling at him before taking a seat at the kitchen island. "How long are you staying?" She asked, and it was Febe who answered, as she closed the fridge after putting away the cake. "For a while, Fane and I are renting an apartment nearby." Andy raised a brow in surprise, and she frowned lightly.

"Why?"

"Because, you needed us."

"I didn't ask for you to come..." Andromeda trailed off, and Caroline took the seat besides her as Fane appeared besides Febe, the twins standing across from the two girls. "You didn't. Cameron did." Fane responded, and Andy shot him a bewildered look as Febe explained.

"Your father couldn't come home, because he truly is busy. Cameron helps us with the other elementals, checking up on their safe houses, scheduling funerals, and keeping track of any rumors that had to do with Klaus."

"Imagine, our surprise," Fane spoke up, leaning forward on his forearms as he peered at Andromeda. "When we hear that not only did Niklaus break his curse, but he's now out hunting werewolves."

"You know about Klaus?" Caroline questioned, and both twins nodded. "They were our neighbors once." Febe replied, and Andy sat up. "Then you know about Elijah. And Tyra." She breathed, and both twins shared a look before Fane turned back to Andy.

"You'll have to be specific, sister."

"I look like her." Andy breathed, and Febe nodded slowly. "Yes, we know. Both of you took after our mother."

"What she's getting at," Caroline spoke up, placing her hand over Andy's, who squeezed it. "Is that Klaus mentioned the two were engaged, or whatever."

"They were." Fane replied, looking at his little sister in confusion as she stared at the counter top in front of her. "Why does that matter?"

"It matters, because I am in love with Elijah." Andromeda spoke up, looking up at her two siblings as both of their eyes widened. "There is a bond there, I cannot explain it, but Elijah once said to me that I appeared in his dreams."

"Did you say, dreams?" Her brother questioned, and Febe circled the kitchen island to stand in front of Andy, cupping her face in her palms. Her cerulean eyes stared intently into Andy's as she breathed; "There's a block on your mind."

"What?" Caroline and Andromeda both questioned, Febe letting her go as she looked to Fane. "Mother must have put it there."

"Wait, mama? Why, would she do that?" Andy questioned, and Fane groaned, running a palm over his face as he breathed. "You've got to be fucking joking." Andy looked at him in bewilderment, but Febe grabbed her attention as she spoke up.

"You haven't breathed a word of this to Cameron?"

"Of course not, why?" The two shared a look, and Caroline waved her hand in front of their face, capturing their attention as she snapped. "Cut the twin-telepathy, and tell us what's going on."

"Mother placed a block on your mind, most likely when you were young. It's a temporary one, meant to fade as you get older, and it's already mostly gone. I'm assuming, you've been remembering on your own?" Febe explained, and Andromeda nodded slowly. "That's not explaining to me why she put it there."

"Knowing our mother, to keep Elijah away from you." Fane spoke up, brown eyes staring intently at his little sister. "For Elijah to dream of you, you must have been dreaming of him, too."

"But, why-"

"If you shared dreams, Elijah was able to peer into your mind, as a child." Febe interrupted her, reaching across the kitchen island to hold Andy's hand. "Mama lost Tyra to the Mikaelson's..."

"...she wouldn't have wanted it to happen again." Fane finished, and Febe nodded sadly. "But, she knew that he would find you eventually. Those that are fated, always do."

"Pause. Hold up." Caroline held up a hand, expression bewildered as she peered at the twins, and Andy knew that her face matched hers. "'Those that are fated', are you calling them soulmates?"

"Something like that." Febe breathed, running a hand through her long hair. "To be fated means, that you're meant to cross paths with that person. It doesn't have to be a lover, it could be a friend, a child. When you dream of someone, it's fate pulling someone closer to our path." She explained, and Andy leaned closer to Caroline as she stared at her older sister.

"I think, they've lost it." She breathed, and Care shot her a look. "You think?!"

"Listen, you cannot sit here and tell me, that mother never spoke of this to you." Fane snapped, sitting up in frustration as he glowered at Andy. "I don't like the idea of any guy dreaming about my little sister, but I know that you know, when elementals fall in love there is nothing like it."

"Mother loved our father." Febe breathed, peering intently into Andromeda's matching orbs. "Fate was kind enough to also lead her to yours."

"But, Elijah loved Tyra-"

"Tyra died a millennia ago." Fane stated firmly, and Andy looked to him. "I loved my older sister, we all mourned for her, but she died. While it was a tragedy, it was meant to happen, as vampires were created. I turned into a vampire by one of Elijah's siblings, Kol, and-"

"One of his siblings turned you?" Andy questioned, and Febe nodded. "You would call him, my boyfriend." Caroline choked, and Andromeda dropped her head against the marble counter with a groan. "Why did this just get so much more complicated?!"

"Listen here, to cut this short." Febe spoke up, poking Andy's head with her finger until she lifted it. "If you are in love with Elijah, and he loves you, it's because he was meant to. Dreams be damned, and putting his old love for Tyra aside, you may share her face-"

"But, you two are nothing alike, that I can swear." Fane finished, giving her a sad smile. "Our sister was the shyest girl that you would have ever met, the only fire elemental I knew who spoke so meekly-"

"Until, you pissed her off-"

"While, you, sweet sister, are just like Calanthe. Strong, beautiful, and so loyal." Fane reached forward, cupping her cheek in his palm. "You deserve so much more than this world can give." He breathed, and Andromeda blinked, before offering a teary smile.

"We, are here, because Cameron asked us to check on you. We'll be in and out, as we keep track of Klaus's movements." Febe stated, and Caroline looked at her in question. "Why track him?"

"Because, he's carried my love around in a box for near a hundred years." Febe exclaimed, a scowl painting her features. "I would like him back-"

"And some revenge is fine, too." Fane shrugged, wincing as Febe playfully slapped his shoulder. "But, most importantly, we are here for you." Febe finished, looking to Andy who was silent.

"Family is there for each other. Always."

Andromeda stood up, moving towards the twins as she pulled both into a hug. "Thank you." She whispered tearfully, and Febe rubbed her shoulder. "That ache? The one you feel, ever since he was daggered?" She murmured, and Andy pulled away enough to peer at her face.

"I felt that pain, every day, for nearly a century. I am here. We may not always be physically, but we are here, whenever you need us." Febe breathed, and Andromeda nodded tearfully.

"You'll never be alone."

*****************************************************

A rìgh bheag, tha an t-àm ann co-là breith sona a sheinn.- Dear little king, it's time to sing happy birthday.

η καρδιά μου- my heart.

So, I did Reggie's birthday first, sort of as a prelude to Season Three. My baby is a Gemini, sadly, as I made it to be a few day's before Elena's birthday.

We also meet the twins, which was a lot of funnnnnnn. Comment what you guys think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 29K 31
❝How long will I love you? As long as stars are above you... And longer if I can...❞ ⬖ ⬖ ⬖ Mia Salvatore's life just got a little more complicated...
246K 7.8K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...
160K 6.3K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
222K 4.9K 40
TVD STORY! Elena had a twin, not biological, but ny heart. Her name was Elizabeth Gilbert. She had always known about the supernatural and she knew t...