Emotion

By goldmelanin17

[COMPLETED] "Theodore?" He snaps his head back to me and gives me a small smile. "Where have you come from?"... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Epilogue

28

124K 6.3K 7.5K
By goldmelanin17

Chapter Twenty-Eight| Eden

A/N~ all I'm gonna say is you lot are not ready for what's about to go down.

I am woken up to Theodore kissing my neck and collarbone. I gently smile when I feel his curly hair start to tickle me but then remember his attitude from yesterday and the fact that he is keeping something from me.

I push him away and watch him pout. "Kiss?" He leans back down and tries to kiss me again but I decide to get out of bed. "I love you, small." He whispers and lays back down, turning his back to me.

I sigh and make my way out of our bedroom and downstairs to the kitchen.

I freeze when I spot Theo's phone on the kitchen counter.

However, I shake my head and decide not to take a look at his phone.

About thirty minutes later, Theo comes downstairs freshly dressed. I take this as my cue to go and get ready also.

"We're meeting Iris and Daniel at the centre in a couple of hours," I inform him and watch him nod his head slowly.

•••

As the day goes on Theo and I continue to talk less and less. We went to go and get the DNA test done but we won't find out the results for another week.

He barely said a word to Iris and Daniel but that was to be expected, considering they could potentially be his biological parents and it is all a shock.

Now we are back home and I've decided to sit in the garden.

I'm reading through a magazine before Theo comes out. I watch him duck through the door and then he makes his way over to me. I quickly look back at my magazine, pretending I didn't see him.

"Hi." He whispers, sitting on the chair opposite me. The sound of birds and airplanes in the sky surrounds us and I stare at him blankly. "I'm sorry, small. Is baby girl okay?" He asks, looking concerned, his eyes moving from mine to my stomach.

I nod my head and turn the page to my magazine. "You out here for a reason?" I quickly glance at him.

"I-I'll leave, sorry." He stands up and I sigh.

"Stay." He smiles and sits back down. "You ready to tell me what you're hiding?" I close my magazine and place it on the glass table in front of me.

He gulps and his eyes darken. "There's nothing to tell." With pursed lips, I stand up from my seat.

"I need to go food shopping," I tell him and I watch his eyes widen.

"I'll come with you." I shake my head to his answer and watch him pout his lips.

"I'd like to go alone." He stands up and cups my face in his hands and leans down to kiss my lips.

"Okay." He takes my hand and then leads me back into the house. He helps me put my shoes on and hands me my car keys. "I love you, small." I smile at him.

"I love you, giant." I reach up on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek.

"Stay safe." He calls out and I nod, climbing into the car.

I make it to the supermarket and start shopping for food. Theo is always eating the house out with his massive appetite. We're going through so many loaves of bread because Theo always wants a sandwich.

I suddenly have a craving for red velvet cake and make my way over to the cake aisle.

My phone starts to ring and I smile, rolling my eyes when I see it's Theo.

"Hello?"

"Are you okay? Is baby okay?" He blurts out and I sigh.

"We're okay. Are you okay?"

"I want you to come back." He tells me, his voice filled with seriousness.

"Theo, I'll be home soon. Stop worrying." I hear him sigh.

"Okay, I love you."

"Love you too." I hang up the phone and continue on my search for a red velvet cake.

After half an hour, I'm loading all of my shopping into the boot of my car. I look around the car park and frown when I see a few men who are clad in suits showing people a piece of paper, clearly questioning them. When they shake their head the men move onto more people.

Must be looking for a missing person.

"Excuse me, ma'am." I spin around and frown at the tall man. He must be in his thirties and he has a buzz cut. His jawline is sharp and his eyes are piercing blue.

"May I help you?" I close the door and look up at him.

"Have you seen these three men?" I look at the first man who looks around my age, his blonde hair is also shaved down to a buzz cut and his green eyes look dull. I shake my head, however, my blood runs cold when I look at the second and third pictures.

It's a mugshot of Professor Richards and a mugshot of Theo

I cradle my stomach and quickly compose myself.

"Never seen them." I gulp and look at him.

He nods and smiles. "Thank you for your time." He begins to walk away and I spin around.

"Can I ask why you are looking for them?" I call out and he spins back around to face me.

"These are two of the deadliest people alive, Miss," he points to the picture of the stranger and Theo. "They're assassins and we are to believe the other man is also doing illegal activity." I bite my lip and nod my head, feeling my eyes begin to water.

"Take care." He nods to my stomach and walks away.

Assassins?

My Theo.

Is this what he's been hiding from me?

I make it to the driver's side and slowly get in. I raise a shaky hand to my mouth to muffle my cries.

And that other man. Who was he?

I thought Theo grew up in a lab his whole life. He told me he never ever left that building.

I make it home an hour later. But even when I pull up in the driveway I sit in the car for another twenty minutes until Theo decides to open the front door.

A wide smile on his face.

He makes his way over and opens the door for me.

"Hi!" He whispers and I stare at him. His smile drops when he sees my blank face. "What's wrong?"

I get out of the car, grab the shopping and make my way into the house. I angrily drop the bags onto the kitchen island and then spin around.

"Who are you?" I whisper, my lips beginning to tremble.

"Theo." He looks at me confused. "Your giant." He steps forward so I take one step back.

"Then explain to me why people are looking for you? Explain to me why they told me your one of the deadliest people alive and that you're a fucking assassin!" I shout, throwing my arms up in the air. "Is this what you've been hiding from me."

I watch his jaw clench and he looks away from me.

"Theodore!" I whimper. "Was this all a lie?" I wave my arms in front of us. "Do you even love me?" I whisper the last part and I watch his eyes begin to water.

"I do love you, small!" He wipes the tears from his cheeks and makes his way over to me until I have to crane my neck to look into his eyes. "I would never hurt you."

"What about Professor Richards? Theo, you said you grew up in that lab your whole life. You said you never left." I tilt my head and frown at him.

He bites his lip. "I did grow up in the lab. Professor Richards taught me how to kill." I flinch at the last word and I watch his lip tremble a little. "He'd send Eddie and me on missions, he'd make us kill criminals, people who owed debt." He says all panicked.

"Eddie?"

"My friend. The one he killed." Theo gives me a sad smile.

"Blonde hair? Green eyes?" Theo frowns and nods his head. "They're looking for him too! He can't be dead if they are looking for him." His eyes widen at my words and he stumbles back a little.

"They shot him. Right in front of me." He whispers in disbelief. "Small, please believe that I wanted to keep that life away from you." He gets on his knees and grabs hold of my hands. "I don't want that life."

I look down at him in shock. "W-When they put you outside my house, it was to see if you could feel anything. They thought you would just be able to do it without thinking. They picked a random innocent human being and made you do it!" The tears start to fall. "You all lied to me."

"Small." He pleads and stands up. I push him back and look at him hurt. "I didn't want to." He shakes his head and a inhale a shaky breath.

"They wanted you to kill me." I shake my head in denial. "Why me, Theo?!"

"I couldn't do it. As soon as I saw you I knew I couldn't do it!" He cries out and I whimper. "I thought that you could be my chance of freedom!"

I cry harder. "Was everything just an act? Your innocence?" He shakes his head.

"I was limited to so much, small." He steps forward again and this time I don't step back. "Everything I said to you was the truth."

"I'm pregnant with your child, Theo!" I rest my hand on my stomach and he runs his fingers through his hair. "This is our baby, we are bringing into a world of danger! Those men are looking for you Theo and it won't be long before they find you and throw you in prison!"

Theo begins to hit his head with his hand. "I'm sorry! I just wanted to be loved!" He exclaims and I feel my heartbreak. "I don't want to be alone anymore."

This is such a mess.

"I'm going to call Professor Oliver. Maybe he can help us, help you before those men find you and before Professor Richards does too." I sigh, feeling myself getting tired.

"Don't give up on me, small." He cries as I walk past him and up the stairs.

I flinch when I hear a painful cry.

A/N
Ahh shittt, what did you guys think?💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 613 25
Sperm bank.....Artificial Insemination.....a life without a partner...living a simple life with her kid and later on adopting a dog...baking cakes an...
1M 60.2K 33
[COMPLETED] "We both agreed, Apollo! We said no feelings, no attachments! You promised you wouldn't get attached." I look down at my lap in worry and...
350K 9.7K 56
NOTE: (editing is minor. This is a rough copy) "So, girls, how's it going?" I inserted myself. They peer over their shoulders at the same time, face...
381K 18.3K 36
Hidden deep in the California valley is the Aves Department for the infamous C.R.O.S.S. Laboratories. Offered an internship this esteemed genetic res...