Mark of an Alpha's Queen

By the_atticwriter

COMPLETED ✔️ Previously known as Catch Cassandra and Jace... Remember how their story went? But hold on... t... More

Part I - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Bonus Chapter
Part II - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Christmas Bonus Chapter
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Bonus Chapter
Part III - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 21

133 23 9
By the_atticwriter

Dedicated to Lomezzie
Thank you so much ❤

^^^Alexis^^^

~Colorado

Alexis' POV

I feel someone shake me as I suck myself out of my dream. I open my eyes and turn to my side. I see my grandmother smiling at me.

"We're here dear".

I look outside the car window. We were in front of a house- not the pack house, our own house.

"C'mon" grandma Michelle says getting down.

"Yeah I'm behind you" I say.

I catch a glimpse of myself in the rear view mirror. My hair was a bit messy. I straighten my orange jacket, sling my backpack over a shoulder and open the car door. Throwing my hoodie over my head, I slip my free hand into a pocket of my jacket and step down from the car.

I slam the door behind me and move towards the house. The grass crisped under my shoes. I open the door and walk in. Voices were coming from the living room. I walk quietly over there.

Dad's tongue was down mom's throat. Usually I would cringe and make a disgusted face like Mia was making at the moment; but instead I lean my head against the doorway wall and smile. I feel a hand on my shoulder but I don't move.

"We all love a happily ever after don't we Miss Lexi?".

"Yep" I answer. "Even if you don't get your happily ever after" I add in a whisper.

"The right time will come Miss Lexi" she says.

I turn and smile at Cordelia.

"C'mon let's get you to your room".

I follow her up the stairs through the huge hallway and then to a door.

"This is my room?" I ask.

She nods.

"I'll be around for a while before I go back to the pack house so if you need me to do anything for you, you just call me and I'll come running...".

"Cordelia... " I cut her off. "... I'll be fine. Thank you".

She smiles.

"Can I give you a hug?".

I let out a small laugh and nod. Grinning, she hugs me, patting my back.

"I'm so glad you and your mother are alright. You gave us quite a scare".

"I'm fine Cordelia. Now go before you get into trouble because of me".

"I'll see you when you arrive at the pack house".

I nod and watch her disappear down the hallway. I turn around and turn the doorknob. Entering, I drop my bag in the nearest chair and walk to my bed; kicking off my shoes. I take a seat at the edge and slowly allow myself to fall back into the soft sheets; soaking up every ounce of comfort.

"Wow is this what having money feels like? Not that I feel anything...".

I look up and see Keana. I lie back down.

"Where's Madison?" I ask.

"Visiting her grave"

I sit up and frown.

"Her grave?".

"Mm-hm".

But why would she want to do that?

I get up and look around for my shoes.

"Hey, hey, hey, hold on, wait a second. Just where do you think you're going?".

"To find my sister and bring her back from that awful place".

"Now calm down for a minute. I don't think that'll be a very smart move honey".

"Keana, how can you say that? I don't think any person would like nor deserves to relive their death experience. It's horrifying!".

"Oh so you get two arrows inside of you and suddenly you become a death expert? Kill me" Keana says rolling her eyes.

I ignore her and find a foot. I look around for the other one.

" Xander, you do realise you're going to a graveyard, right?".

"Absolutely! Now where is that shoe?!" I groan.

"Don't you see what I'm trying to tell you not to do?".

I sigh and look at her.

"What are you saying Keana?".

"First of all, you didn't even know you had a sister who died at age four. You didn't know she existed. How can you tell where she was buried then? Besides you see ghosts too and if any other ghost realizes you can communicate with them, it is not going to be pretty".

"They kept it from me for 18 freaking years Keana. And point of correction, she was murdered... she did not decide to just die on her own. And where she was buried, easy. My GPS and a quick visit to the Colorado Death Registry Office ought to do the trick. And for the ghosts, I'll just visit the church and get some holy water".

I go back to looking for my other shoe.

"We're talking ghosts Alexis, not vampires".

"Then I'll take a ghost hunter along with me, won't I?".

Keana sighs.

"A recipe for disaster" she mutters.

"There it is!" I groan in relief.

I grab it and slip it on.

"Alexis honey are you in there?" .

Dad!

I groan.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!".

"You know saying 'no' repeatedly doesn't make your current dilemma magically disappear, right?".

I gasp.

"That's it Kee! You're a genius!".

"I am?" she asks raising a brow. "I mean of course I am" she laughs, answering her own question.

"Quick, poof us out of here!" I say.

"Pardon me?".

"Go on. Do your magic...".

"Alexandra honey? Are you in there? We're coming up".

"Hurry!" I whisper.

Keana laughs.

"In case you hit your head somewhere or never watched accurate cartoons... with all the money you guys have, witches don't go 'POOF!'; genies and fairies do. We don't make sounds. Plus I'm dead Alexis. I can't do magic".

I stare at her.

"But Keana...".

There's a knock.

"Honey it's mom. Are you in there?".

I make a tiny groaning sound for help at Keana.

"Help me!" I whisper.

"I can't do magic Alexis!".

"Try!" I whisper.

"Alexis? I hear you. C'mon open up. Your mother wants to see you" dad calls from outside.

Keana sighs and walks to the middle of the room and begins to wave her hands magically in the air.

"Begone!... Begone!... Begone! -okay this is not working!" she says dropping her arms in frustration.

I groan and drop back on the bed.

"Why don't you just stay here and I'll go get Madison for you... oh my lord that's genius!" she cries. "I am a genius!" she laughs.

I think about it.

"And I even get to save you all that registry and hunting shit stuff".

I look at her.

"I'll bring her back don't worry about it hon".

I agree.

"Okay, just be careful" I say.

She gives me a look.

"Babe, it's not like I can die a second time or anything...".

She sees the look on my face and gives me sad yet reassuring smile.

"I'll be careful" she says softly and she's gone.

I sigh.

"Alexis?!".

I groan and take off my shoes. I climb in bed.

"Come in" I say, hugging my knees.

The door opens and my parents walk in. I spot mom first and all I want is for her to hold me.

"Oh mi novia (my sweetheart)".

"Hey mom" I say as she walks over and scoops me into a hug.

I hug her and bury my face in the crook of her neck.

"I was so scared you wouldn't ever wake up" I whisper.

"And I was scared I'd loose another daughter" she says, her voice quivering.

"And I was mad at myself for not being there to protect my little sister like how I wasn't able to protect Madison" Mia chips in.

We turn and she's standing in the doorway, sniffing. Mom holds out a hand and she runs in to join the hug.

"Oh my girls...!" mom whispers.

I tighten the hug as dad throws his arms around us, giving all of us kisses. I hear him sniff.

"Dad!" I whine a little.

"Are you crying Jace?" mom asks, sniffing.

"No I just had something in my eye..." he goes defensively.

"Like a lash...?" mom asks amused.

He nods. I smile.

"Oh daddy..." Mia chuckles pulling him in for a hug.

We join in and hug it out. The worst was finally over; and everything was going to be alright.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Alexis c'mon!" Mia shouts for me.

"Relax, I'm coming!" I yell.

"I'm not excited about this too, but being fashionably late isn't my thing either! So hurry up!".

I sigh and turn to look at myself in the mirror one final time.

"Ready or not..." I say to myself.

"You know you don't have to go if you want to, right?" Madison asks.

"But I'm going to have to face everyone eventually; you know that Maddie".

She smiles.

"So let's get this show on the road... what in God's name are you wearing?!" Keana screams. "If I'm correct, your sister said dinner... not a movie show!".

I roll my eyes.

"It's dinner, I know. What's wrong with my clothes?" I ask.

"You look really pretty" Madison says.

"No!" Keana objects.

"Kee...".

"You look like a 'How do I look- New Zealand' gone wrong!".

Madison chuckles.

"We have that one?".

Keana shakes her head.

"I'll tell you what's wrong. First of all people don't wear sneakers and ripped jeans for a dinner with the entire family! It's fashion suicide!".

I chortle.

"What are you now, the fashion police?".

She shoots me a glare.

"I'm your best friend Missy! And I love you and I don't want you to feel out of place when you step into that dinner party".

I smile at her.

"Keana I'll be fine" I say, pulling my drawer to take my beanie.

"Please don't tell me you're wearing that one too...".

"Keana, relax..." Madison says to her.

I stare at the ring in the drawer. A feeling washes over me.

~Flashback~

"Ooh, and there's a bear, and a lion and...is that a baby?" I laugh.

I don't get a response.

"Colton?" I ask.

No response.

"Colton I want you to...".

I trail off as I turn.

"What are you...".

He's down on one knee with a black box and a 24 caret diamond ring up at me.

He's asking me to marry him?!

"You want us to get married?" I ask.

"What? No" he says with a nervous laugh.

I give him a look.

"Well, in the future, not now" he explains. "I want to make a promise to you, under these stars, that I will always, always love you, no matter what".

Fair enough!

I smile.

"I promise to love you and only you. And you have to promise me you'll love me too".

A tear stings in my eyes. I nod.

"Of course I'll always love you and only you!" I say.

He stands and slips the ring on my right ring finger. I beam and jump up to hug him, pushing us both into the sand. He laughs underneath me.

"I love you" I whisper slightly brushing his cheek with my thumb.

"And I love you" he whispers back...

~End of Flashback~

"Alexis honey?" grandma Michelle's voice rings through my head.

I turn away from the drawer.

"Are you okay dear?".

I nod and clear my throat.

"Are you sure? Your parents and Mia went ahead. If you're not feeling well, you can just jump into bed. I'll stay here with you...".

"No Grams, that won't be necessary" I say, forcing a smile.

He lied to me...

"You look very beautiful grandma" I say, getting her to grin.

"Oh, you're just full of flattery like your father aren't you?".

I laugh.

"Well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, now does it grandma?".

She laughs as we walk out of my room. We arrive at the pack house in fifteen minutes. I step out of the car before the chauffeur opens the door. He chuckles and helps grandma out.

"Aren't you excited" grandma laughs.

If only you knew...

We head on towards the huge house. The whole place was teeming with people. I'd forgotten how huge our pack was.

I spot a huge colorful banner hanging there. 'Welcome Home!' it read.

"Some party huh?" I say.

"And to think you'd be mortified about being the only one in jeans" Keana says appearing beside me.

Little kids ran up and down, screaming after each other.

"It'll be fine, Keana" I say. I look beside her. "Where's Maddie?".

"You think I'd be smart for me to drag her along to the house she has so many memories?".

I shake my head.

"Of course not" I say.

"Good. Now lemme go see if we've got ghost companies. BRB!".

Then she disappears. I sigh.

"Mother!" two ladies shriek coming towards grandma Michelle.

I spot them easily. Aunt Ruby and Aunt Rose. They hug her.

"We missed you!" aunt Rose says.

Aunt Ruby looks over at me and grins.

"Alexis...".

"Oh Alexandra! Oh how I've missed you" someone squeezes me in a hug.

"Not cool Summer. Not... cool!" aunt Rose says.

She releases me.

"Are you okay child?".

I laugh.

"Yes, auntie Summer. I'm fine, thanks".

She smiles. Then squeals and hugs me again.

"Okay, break it up ladies. She needs some of that grandfathers love" grandpa Dave says.

"Dad..." aunt Ruby laughs.

I look at him and grandpa Fred. Then hug both of them. They were much bigger and taller than I was so it was like I was hugging two giant plush Teddy bears. I giggle as grandpa Fred's bread tickled my head.

"I told you to shave that berry bush off your face Fred".

I look at the owner of the voice and smile.

"Grandma Ava" I say.

"Hello sweetheart" she coos, hugging me.

"You're really okay" I say.

She chuckles.

"It's just old age sweetheart, don't worry".

I smile at all of them. I greet some people I don't even know. It's tradition... and you're supposed to do it.

"Hey babe!" someone calls, diving right towards me.

I turn and I'm scooped into a hug. I laugh.

"Uncle Alec don't, do that. It's weird" I laugh.

"Can you blame me for having a smoking hot niece? Huh?" he winks.

I laugh.

"No, but I can blame you for that bruise you're about to obtain on your eye if you don't stop messing around and get married!".

I turn and see aunt Montana.

"Aunt Mo" I smile, side hugging her.

"Hey love" she responds looking down at me.

She was much taller than I remembered.

"Oh Montana, you're so unfair!" uncle Alec grunts.

"What's unfair is the fact that you've still not decided to settle Alec. You're not getting any younger!" aunt Charisma adds.

"Why are you two always against my happiness? Huh? Tell me".

"You'll know true happiness when you get married!" aunt Mo and aunt Charisma chorus.

Uncle Alec throws his arms in the air.

"Okay, I'm outta here" he sighs. "Basketball tomorrow, champ?" he asks me.

"Wouldn't miss it" I smile.

He gives me a kiss on the temple before walking away.

"Maybe if you got married and had a son, you wouldn't have to play basketball with your niece!" aunt Charisma yells after him.

"Carrie... Carrie... calm down" aunt Morgan whispers to her.

"I just don't like the fact that our brother's not married...".

"Relax! Let's get you some tea to calm your nerves" aunt Mo says, driving her away. "We'll see you later Alexis".

"Bye!" I wave after them.

I sigh.

"Well that's a wrap" I murmur.

I slip my earpods in my ears.

"Hey Alexis!".

I groan and shut my eyes.

So close...!

I open them and force a smile.

"Jeff!".

"C'mon!" he says and takes my hand.

"Errr... where are we going?".

"To the fun part of this dinner thing, where else?".

He drags me off to another part of the house.

"Oh look it's Alexis!" someone cries.

I smile, not sure who mentioned my name.

"Hey guys..." I force out.

"Oh thank God, you're okay!" Gianna, Chloe and Jessica ran up to me.

"We thought you and aunt Cassie had kick the bucket" a blonde girl says.

"Shut up Savannah!" an identical blonde girl says.

"Don't say awful things like that Savvy. And I thought mom said never to tell anyone to shut up Seraphine. It's rude!" another identical blonde says.

"Don't you take the fun out of everything Serenity?" Seraphine mutters, rolling her eyes.

I immediately recognized them. Aunt Summer and Uncle André's terrible three's; big sister Serenity, middle sister Seraphine, and little sister Savannah.

I chuckle.

"We didn't kick the bucket Savvy, thanks for your concern" I say.

She smiles at me.

"Well I'm glad you didn't because we have so much to talk about!" Chloe shrieks.

I chuckle nervously.

"I don't know if I wanna talk about anything...".

"So first question..." Gianna starts totally cutting me off. "Where's Prince Colton?".

"Yeah! I'm super excited to see him in person!" Chloe squeals.

"He came with you right? He's your mate so he's supposed to be with you in your time of recovery" Jessica adds, smiling.

I'm quiet.

"Well... you see... he's em... not...".

Somebody do something!

I look around and all my fifteen present cousins are staring at me. I wait on a miracle when I hear a gasp.

"What are you wearing?!".

I'd recognize that judgy voice even in my grave. I turn around. I'd never thought I'd be so happy to see my sister.

"Mia...".

"Don't Mia me young lady. You can not be dressed like that to your own welcome dinner party!".

"What's wrong with her clothes Mia?" Nora, aunt Charisma's younger daughter asks.

"Yeah it's pretty cool actually" Ethan, aunt Mo's son adds.

I smile at them.

"Nora and Ethan, you're too young to understand... whatever Mia's talking about" Jessica says. "What are you talking about Mia?".

Mia sighs. I walk away from the girls towards Mia.

"You have no idea how glad I am to...".

"Just shush!!!" she whispers loudly at me. "I am disappointed! This is a dinner, Alexis. You look like an 'ANTM' gone wrong!".

I roll my eyes.

"Alexis! Oh my goodness! Esme! Charlie! Get in here! Our girl's back!".

I smile over Mia's shoulder at Esperanza. Mia frowns and moves away.

"Hey Esperanza" I say, hugging her.

I could feel her excitement.

"Wow you're colorful" I laugh.

She grins.

"It's called marriage and pregnancy hon. Y'all should hurry and try it" she chirps.

I look at her. She nods and holds out her left finger, showing off the huge rock on it. I follow her hand as she taps it gently on her stomach. I just stand there- shocked. I felt envy creep inside of me.

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations!" Gianna cries hugging her.

I blink and force a crooked smile on my face.

"I'm happy... for you Espe" I say.

She smiled at me.

"Alexis!" her twin sister hugs me unexpectedly.

"Esme... hey..." I choke out.

"Hey, are you okay?" she whispers.

I look over at Esperanza and how everyone else was surrounding her. I smile.

"Yeah... yeah...".

Arguments reach my ears. I look around and spot Charlotte with Mia.

"What's up with them?" I ask.

"Your sister didn't fill you in?".

"No. Why what's going on?".

"Mia's upset with my sister and Charlotte for in her own words 'running off into the sunset and getting married'. Esperanza doesn't care but it's clearly beating Charlotte up. She hasn't even had her honeymoon, can you believe that?".

I frown.

"Seriously? That's childish... even for Mia" I say.

Esme shrugs.

"Err you guys, we're all being summoned into the banquet hall" Jeff informs.

Everyone starts filling out.

"C'mon..." Esme says taking my hand.

"Esmeralda, I would like to talk to my sister please" Mia says, stressing on the words.

Esmeralda gives her a look.

"You know what Mia, if you're upset, know that I am not my sister or Charlotte! You're becoming something else. So what if your best friends got married? I get that the timing wasn't the best! But no one knew your mother or your sister would be in a terrible situation Mia. But it's over now... get over it! It's childish! And you're losing the best friends you'll ever have".

"Just leave please... go" Mia says, no caring to look at her.

"Know that I won't let your stupid mood ruin your mother and sister's welcome dinner party. I'll see you Alexis".

She walks out. Mia clenches her fist.

"I hate them!" she growls.

I step away from her.

"Calm down Mia".

She turns to me with a glare. I hold my hands up in the air.

"Or not...".

She grabs my wrist and looks me in the eye.

"Take off that stupid beanie before I do it for you!".

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I fold my beanie and tuck it in the back of my pocket as I follow my sister into the banquet hall. I ran a hand along my braids and sigh.

"Smile..." Mia whispers as two heavily built guards pull the large polished mahogany door apart.

Before my eyes is the largest banquet table I'd ever seen. I mean obviously my family was big but seriously?!

Let's start with the introductions with the ones I recognize.

First we have mom and dad. Take mom alone. She has two parents; adopted and actual. Lily and Lucas Martinez; and Ava and Fred Smith.

Lily and Lucas Martinez have a son; José Martinez. Who's married to aunt Abigail and they have three children; Charlotte, Jeff and Jessica Martinez. Alba has a sister Milena Torres. And Milena has a son, uncle Natán who's married to mom's best friend aunt Isabel, and they have Esperanza and Esmeralda.

Ava and Fred Adler have three children. Mom, aunt Cassidy and uncle Alec. They adopted two other children making their children five in total. Aunt Montana and Charisma were adopted. But aunt Charisma's mom's first cousin. Her mom and grandma Ava were sisters. Until aunt Charisma's mom died protecting mom when she was a baby.

Mom's married to dad. And they have three children; Mia, Max and me. Mia has a mate, Eric. Aunt Cassidy... well she's not here so skip. Uncle Alec's here but he's not married so skip, skip. Auntie Montana is married to uncle Ethan and they have Gianna and Ethan. Aunt Charisma married dad's Beta, uncle Michael and they have Chloe, Nora and Michael.

This is just mom's side. Now dad's side. He, unlike mom, has a normal number of parents. Michelle and Dave Graham.

And they have four children; dad, aunt Summer, aunt Ruby and aunt Rose. We know about dad. He's married to my mom and Mia, Max and I are their children. Aunt Summer married... okay this is where it gets a tinny-weeny bit confusing.

When mom lost her memory, she ended up with her second chance mate ( I don't believe in those BTW) Jude. Yes... the diabolical man who killed Madison and teamed up with the devil to make my life miserable.

So this Jude guy had three siblings; two of his and one step. Emily, André and Nicole Kinkade. Emily had a daughter and Nicole... who happened to be a witch had two children; Taylor and Tyler Anderson.

So back to the important people. Aunt Summer married uncle André, Jude's brother. And Serenity, Seraphine and Savannah are their children. Aunt Ruby has three kids and Aunt Rose has two.

That's pretty much everybody I know present in the banquet hall. Oh, I almost forgot; dad's grandma, great grandma Tilly. Yep she's still alive. Mom's best friend.

A feel a pinch in my arm.

"Ow!" I groan.

"Sit down!" Mia scolds.

I frown and take a seat beside her. Mom smiles at me from across the table.

"What's your problem Mia?" I ask, crossing my arms.

She ignores me. My attention is caught with silverware being tapped against glassware. I see Peter.

"As Beta of the Blue Moon Pack, I would like to introduce our newest leader, Alpha Max".

We applaud. I grin as my brother walks in and takes a stand at the head of the table. I look at Mia and she has her eyes glued to her phone. I nudge her.

"Mia, our brother..." I whisper.

"Alexandra, your brother!" she whispers back. "As far as I'm concerned, I do not have any ties with that person".

I chuckle.

"We share the same parents Mia...".

"And that's quite unfortunate isn't it?".

I look at her and shake my head. Turning my attention back to Max.

"I am very glad have my wonderful mother and my very beautiful sister Alexandra, with us here today".

I grin. He winks at me.

"Mia darling, stop using your phone. This is family time" a woman I don't recognize whispers to her.

"I'm sorry but you're not the boss of me. If you want to advice anyone, try it with your daughter first!".

The woman looks hurt. She quickly looks away.

"Mia!" I whisper loudly.

She looks away. I turn to the woman.

"Ma'am I'm so sorry. She's in her period and she gets really cranky. I'm so sorry" I apologize.

The woman let's out a small hurt smile on her face and looks away. I sigh.

"... I would therefore like to officially introduce...".

"Great, I missed our brother's speech!" I groan.

"Trust me, I did you a favour" Mia says.

I ignore her and concentrate on Max.

"... my wife Janelle and our two beautiful boys, Alistair and Julian!".

Everyone applauds. I smile. Although the smile doesn't last when a lady with a double stroller walks in and wraps her hand around Max as he gives her a kiss.

"Luna Janelle" Max announces. "My mate".

Realization dawns on me. I look around and everyone's happy and clapping. Then I burst out laughing. I laugh so hard I start to cry. The applause wears off and everyone's looking at me as I crack up. Mia joins in.

"Why the heck are you laughing?!"Mia asks between laughs.

I shrug, laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask.

"I don't know either!" she laughs.

I laugh even more.

"It must be the punch from this afternoon" Mia laughs.

I laugh and hit the table.

"We didn't have any punch, Mia" I snort out.

She cracks up harder, tears rolling down her face.

"My makeup's not waterproof" she laughs.

"Shut up!" I laugh playfully punching her arm.

The laugher stops eventually and everyone's looking at us.

"You made my evening you guys" I say, wiping my tears with a napkin.

"What are you talking about?" Max asks.

I look at him with a big smile.

"You bringing in a girl with a a stroller... that's clearly empty, saying she's your mate and you're married and coming up with those adorable names... you got me. You got me good. I'm even thinking about naming Esperanza's baby Alistair... it's cute" I say.

"It's awful... Julian frightens me more" Mia whispers.

"But thank you so much for getting your sisters to loosen up a little. Isn't this great mom? Imagine Max married... with kids... ".

I start laughing again.

"It's just so funny! You guys have a terrible sense of humor for not cracking up a bit" I say, shaking my head.

I pop a piece of candy into my mouth.

"But it's not a joke Alexandra" Janelle says. "We are married and these are your nephews".

I snort out a laugh.

"How much did my brother pay you to keep up this act? And please return these stolen children. It's getting kinda weird" I say.

"They are not stolen Alexis" grandma Ava says.

"Your brother's really married to this woman and those are their kids" aunt Summer adds.

I hear a little cry and Janelle bends down to pick up a little baby. I laugh and get up.

"You're joking right?" I ask.

But when I read everyone's facial expression, my eyes go wide.

"You have got to be kidding me Max. What the hell?!" I scream.

"Alexis, indoor voice! And sit down!" Mia says, taking my hand.

"No!" I shout, pulling away and stepping away from the table.

"Honey, sit down. I know you're surprised. I was too. But c'mon. Forget that he didn't tell us again and be happy for your brother -".

"No mom! How can you ask me that?!".

"Alexis...".

"You, shut up!" I tell Janelle.

Mia smirks.

"This should be fun".

"Hey, you can't talk to my daughter like that-".

"Zip it lady!" I say to the woman Mia was rude to earlier.

"Alexis, stop this behavior right now! You are going to apologise to Mrs. Reigns and your sister-in-law immediately and sit your ass down! You're a grown young lady so you must act as such! I don't want you pushing me into grounding you like a five year old. I will not have you disrespect anyone else!" dad barks.

"I'm sorry dad... but I'm going to ask you to stay out of this one. It's between my brother and I" I say.

I hear gasps.

"Alexandra...".

"Listen to your father and apologize, you spoilt brat!" Mrs. Reigns scolds.

"Not a chance ma'am. Even if you cut off my leg and sell my intestines to the devil will I apologise to you and your imposter of a daughter!".

"Alexandra...!".

"Now, now Jace" great grandma Tilly says. "Allow the children to solve their own problems".

"But grandma Tilly, how can you...".

"Let them...".

Dad sits down.

"Alexis please...".

"I thought I told you to shut up".

"And who are you to tell me what to do huh? I married your brother, not his sisters!"Janelle shoots.

I'm stunned.

She fought back?!

"Babe, calm down... please. It came as a surprise...".

"An unpleasant one, thank you" Mia adds, standing up.

Janelle glares at us.

"No! I am sick and tired of everyone in this family hating on me. Your sister called your children names...".

"And you fought back like a proud little mama bear while my idiot of a brother stood there and watched!" Mia says. "Isn't that right, Maximiliano?".

He looks away. I move towards them.

"You lied to me" I start.

Max looks up at me.

"Alexis, I'm sorry...".

"You promised me you'd tell me everything and take my feelings into consideration before you did anything!".

"I know...".

"So why did you go ahead and marry this person? Tell me!".

"Alexis, I didn't think I needed to ask for my little sister's permission to fall in love. It's something you can't control. And Janelle's my mate-".

"But you promised!" I cry, cocking my head a little. "You broke your promise... just because some girl showed up saying she was pregnant with your kid...".

"No..." Max whimpers a little.

"How do you even know they're yours?" I whisper.

"Don't do this please Alexis I'm begging you".

I shake my head.

"You lied to me. You went back on your own words...".

"No...".

"...just like Colton".

My heart races.

"Hey left me for another girl because she said she was pregnant! And my closest friend... my own brother does the same thing by leaving me for some prostitute with a fancy French name!".

"Max, if you don't shut your sister up, I swear I won't be blamed for anything!" Janelle barks.

"And she's not even French..." Mia scoffs, rolling her eyes.

Janelle glares at her.

"The next time you speak Mia, I swear I'll give you a beating so hard you'll need plastic surgery to look half as good as Chucky!".

Mia gasps.

"Alexis... please listen to me..." Max says, holding me. "Forgive me okay?".

"No. The only way I can forgive you is if you throw this woman out of here!".

Max steps back.

"I can't do that! I love her! She's the mother of my children!".

"She's taking you away from me, can't you see that?!".

"I'll always be here for my sisters Alexis...".

"No! She has already trapped you in whatever voodoo magic to make you forget us".

I glare at Janelle.

"Leave my brother alone!" I yell, pulling away from Max and launching towards her.

I catch her off guard and tackle her to the ground. Everyone gasps and begin to panic.

"Stay away from him! You tramp!" I yell, hitting her.

"Alexis no! Stop!" Max barks.

"So much for letting the kids solve their own problems, mom" grandpa Dave says to great grandma Tilly.

They pull us away and I grab Janelle again.

"Let me go...!".

"You home wrecker!" I bark angrily hitting her with every inch of strength and anger in me.

She falls to the ground, blood oozing out of her mouth. I move towards her again.

"ALEXANDRA!" Max growls.

The next thing, I'm on the floor, a sharp excruciating pain shooting through me.

"NO!".

Mom's scream.

"What is wrong with you Max?!" Mia cries.

"I am not losing another child, no way!" mom screamed. “Someone call Elise!”.

I lift my head and look at Max. He was hugging Janelle; his eyes burning with rage. His canines were out and blood was dripping from his mouth.

"Alexis honey. It's mom. Can you hear me?".

"Elise is on her way, darling".

Grandma Michelle's voice.

I slowly look back down at myself and that's when I wish I didn't survive a month ago.

Why you ask? Easy.

Because my own brother just ripped me open!

Hey hey lovies.

Thanks for reading 😊❤️

Today's Health Tips:

1. COVID-19 is real, stay at home to prevent getting infected.

2. The aged and people with underlying health conditions are at risk of COVID-19; stay at home and protect yourself.

3. Stay at home and break the spread of COVID-19.

4. Stop giving names to people infected with COVID-19.

5. COVID-19 can affect all races; stop the discrimination.

#stayhomestaysafe

Until the next Chapter ✔️

Don't forget to vote, comment and recommend ❤️

I love you all ☺️♥️♥️

Stat safe 👍

~the_atticwriter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 670 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...
213K 7.4K 33
One night changes Sierra's life forever when she loses everything except her toddler niece. In charge of the last six members of her pack, it is up...
233K 6.9K 34
"You are mine! Mine only!" Hot breaths send shivers down my spine as he cornered me to the wall. "But how? I can't be...what-" He smashes his lips do...
4M 124K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...