Secrets In The City

By FortuneEddie

REWRITTEN VERSION COMING SOON! In New York City, best friends Brena and Lillian share a stronger connection... More

Preface
01: Mirror, Mirror
02: By-gones
03: No Call, No Show
04: Guilt
05: Caught-Up
06: Curious
07: Prisoner
08: Missed me?
09: Holiday Party
10: My Confessions
11: No Invite
12.1: Let It Snow
12.2: Non-Negotiable
12.3: Excuses & Risks
Bonus: 8 Years
13: Unforgettable
14: Worth It
15.1: Magic Words
15.2: Changes
16.1: Perfect Gift
16.2: Twenty-Two
17: One Date
18: Kissed By Karma
Bonus: Digging
19.1: Business & Pleasure
19.2: Exposed
19.3: Questions
20: A Miracle
21: Hope
22: Monster
23: Rare
24: The Package
25.1: Come Again?
25.2: Shut Up & Drive
26: Rewind
27: Hostage
28: What If?
29.1: 1996
29.2: Trust Again
29.3: HeartBreak Alley
29.4: A Stormy Night
30.1: The Last Supper
30.2: God's Plan
31: Surprise
32.1: Firecracker
32.2: 5 minutes
32.3: Time's Up
33: A Match
34: Blame-Game
34.2: Reality
35: Lucky Day
36: Charmed
Dear Readers
TWO NEW BOOKS
IMPORTANT
COMING SOON

Snippet

4.4K 253 158
By FortuneEddie

DRAMA

HIS response was put on hold when the lights in the hallway projected into Lillian's dark bedroom. This caused them to notice that there was a figure laying on her bed.

Damien noticed too so he quickly switched on the lights, to see that the figure was naked. When Lillian realized who it was she became sober, fast. She felt sick all over again. This couldn't be happening right now.

"What the fuck?" They said in unison.

Lillian had some explaining to do.

. . . .

ACTION

As he spat out the blood that gushed out of his broken tooth, Steven immediately charged at Kevin but he ran towards the living room. Steven threw himself at Kevin, causing them to fall together as Steven's gun slid underneath the curtains.

Kevin's fists jabbed into Steven's face, throwing six hard punches. Jerking Steven up to himself, Kevin clenched his bloody fists tighter to throw another punch.

"You don't know me!" He screamed violently, hovering over him.

. . . .

MYSTERY

TWO YEARS AGO: JANUARY 7TH

Incoming call: MOM

Brena smiled at the screen and slides the green answer button to the right.

"Hey, ma I'm almost home? I got.."

She was suddenly interrupted by a male voice on the other end.

"Hello, is this Brena Phillips?

Scrunching up her face in confusion, she responded. "Who is this?"

"This is Detective Jacobi Ronald's, I'm on the scene of a deadly car accident. The cell phone left on the scene had you on speed dial."

This prompted Brena to quickly pull over and park the car on the side of the road. She removed the call from speaker and brought the phone up to her ear.

"This must be a mistake. You're calling from my mother's phone. Her name is Victoria Phillips. Why are you calling on her phone? Is she there?"

__________________________________

To Be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 13 20
Elena. she moves to her new town in New York with her two brothers Kai, Leo and her mother, She starts a new life with new memories but one memory wi...
6.7K 238 25
[COMPLETED] There are two things you can count on in a small town, bad weather and boys who can make your heart thump faster than a horse's hooves ...
15.2K 563 43
When her mom gets arrested for a crime she committed, 17-year-old Xara is forced to leave her life behind and move to London to live with her dad. St...
1M 43.8K 34
𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: What happens when you fall in love with your brother's best friend? When Elena Edward fell in love with Jake Carter, she didn't thin...