Behind The Gate of Lakeview

By Rihanna_Adedeji

Jadeshola Badmus is not your regular female lead. She's outspoken, Brilliant, Sassy, beautiful, intelligent... More

Behind The Gate Of Lakeview
~one~
~Two~
~Three~
~Four~
~Five~
~Six~
~Seven~
~Eight~
~Nine~
~Ten~
~Eleven~
~Tweleve~
~Thirteen~
~Fourteen~
~Fourteen~ 2
~Fifteen~
~Sixteen~
~Seventeen~
~Eighteen~
~Nineteen~
~Twenty~
~Twenty One~
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
~Twenty Four~
~Twenty Five~
~Twenty Six~
~Twenty Seven~
~Twenty Eight~
~Twenty Nine~
~Thirty~
~Thirty One~
~Thirty Two~
~Thirty Three~
~Thirty Four~
~Thirty Five~
~Thirty Six~
~Thirty Seven~
Meet The Characters 💖
~Thirty Eight~
~Thirty Nine~
~Forty One~
~Forty Two~
~Forty Three~
~Forty Four~
~Forty Five~
~Forty Six~
~Forty Seven~
~Forty Eight~
~Forty Nine~
~Fifty~
Fifty One
~Fifty Two~
~Fifty Three~
~Fifty Four~
~Fifty Five~
~Fifty Six~
Questions and Answers

~Forty~

3.9K 761 529
By Rihanna_Adedeji

               Dedicated to Iyanuoluwa-Temi  one of my favorite writers. Love you girl   ❤️           

                            ~Uthman~

I took a deep breath and tried to focus on the game I was playing but I was failing miserably. Jade was standing in front of me and it was taking all of my willpower not to look at her. I'd love to dare a glance at her but I couldn't, if I don't want to make a fool of myself because I for sure knew I wouldn't be able to stop staring once I looked at her. She said something to Hana which I did not hear.

Fuck this game and the stupid money bet. I thought to myself as I looked up but she was already gone.

'Hey, you lost the game. My money'

I turned to Akin who had a wide grin on his face.

'I knew for sure you lost concentration the moment Jade got it. You got it bad man.'

Trust Dan and his words.

'What are you boys doing there? Don't you know it's time for your tutorial?'

We all turned to the direction of the voice. It was Mr Rahmon, our mathematics teacher. We followed him to the class and my eyes immediately sought out Jade, her eyes glued on something on her phone, there was an empty seat beside her. I sat down.

'Hey'

She mumbled a reply I did not hear just as the classes started. Trust me, I only heard like 20% of whatever the teacher said.

I kept  glancing at her.

Kept glancing at her.

Was this how you'd flop your exams?

The tutorial soon ended and before I knew it. She had disappeared from the class again. I had an inkling of where she would be though and I wasn't wrong.

'You have an habit of sneaking away, don't you?'

I said once I saw her. She did not turn back and her body system gave no inklination that she heard me. I sat down beside her.

'A penny for your thoughts.'

She still said nothing and I turned to look at her. She was staring straight ahead. I studied the side of her face that was facing me, her lashes were long and thick and her lips, God! She was not even using lip gloss today. Nothing, just her lips, just the way they were.

'You've been awfully quiet since morning, are you alright?'

Still no reply. I moved closer to her.

'You okay?'

'Of course I'm okay.'

Hallelujah oo. She finally replied but was that sarcasm in her voice just now?

'You look good today but then, that would be an understatement, you look good everyday'

I said, moving a little bit forward so I could see her expression. She was trying so hard to stiffle her smile that she bit her lips to keep from smiling.

Totally innocent but insane move.

I followed the movement with my eyes. She looked up and met my eyes. She looked down and moved back.

'Well, thanks for your compliments and...'

She trailed off when I moved closer to her and threw my left hand over her shoulders, pulling her closer to me. She looked up, her eyes a mirade of emotions I couldn't decipher.

How could a simple contact ignite this much spark, emotions and everything? God!

'You were saying?'

She looked down and cleared her throat.

'You might want to move back a little.'

I pulled her even closer with a little smile tugging on my lips. She was still looking down, her eyes focused on my chest.

'Why? I'm perfectly fine like this.'

She did nothing for a while, then she smiled and looked up.

Her lips were in between her teeth.

For fuck's sake!

I sucked in deep breaths as at her lips. God! Perfect perfecf lips. I looked at her eyes, she was looking at me, her lower lips still in between her teeth. My right hand moved out of their volition to touch her lips, her lower lips, freeing it from her teeth.

She breathed out.

Fuck.

'I'd go crazy if I don't kiss.....'

She pressed her lips against mine.

Fuuuuuccccccck!

Oh

My

God!

This

Is

Insane.

My thoughts, my feelings, my emotions were suspended at the feeling of her lips against mine.

I

Couldn't

Think.

I

Couldn't

breathe.

I

Couldn't

Do

Anything.

Oh

My

God.

She started to pull back.

Nah, she gat to be kidding me.

I pulled her back, pressing my lips firmly against hers. I moved against her lips ever so slightly so her lower lip was in between my lips.

Damn!

Focus Uthman, don't overdo this.

I nibbled and pulled on her lower lips ever so slightly and she moaned against my lips.

Dann focusing.

I pulled her even closer to me so I could feel her heart race erratically against mine. She threw her arms around my neck and pulled me even closer to her. Our bodies were practically merging. I flickered my tongue over her lower lips and she moaned again.

Jesus christ!

Much more than anything. This sound will probably kill me faster than anything.

She nudged me even closer and we went on kissing. Jade was not even kissing back. Just nudging me on and allowing me to kiss her. I alternated between her two lips, nibbling, pulling and sucking.

This

Is

Utter

Bliss.

I teased on her lower lips with my tongue, flicking it against the inside of her lips.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Damn!

She made that sound again and moved against me. How could a single and small sound sound so sexy like that. I had to stop because I don't think I would be able to handle it if we should go on kissing, if I should go on kissing her. I disentangled our lips slowly, moving back so I could see her face. Her lips were swollen and it looked rosy. God! I so badly wanted to kiss her again. Her eyes were still closed and she opened it ever so slightly. The way she was looking at me made me want to kiss her again but looking at the state her lips were at the moment, I'd probably chew them off if I should kiss her again.

Her arms were still around my neck and there was a very small space between us. I could still hear her heart beat erratically against mine.

'That was......'

She trailed off.

'It was amazing?'

'Much more than amazing.'

She said, smiled and then blushed.

God!

This girl would definitely be the end of me.

Her arms were still around my neck. She took her lower lips in between her teeth and my eyes followed the movement. I groaned.

'God. Jade. don't do that'

My voice came out raggedly. Jade looked at me, puzzled.

'Do what?'

'Suck on your lips, it's distracting. It makes me want to kiss them all day.'

She smiled coyly and blushed.

'Sorry, I never knew'

I smiled at her.

Oh damn. I don't even know what I was feeling at the moment but whatever it was, I don't ever want to lose this feeling. I don't ever want to stop feeling like this, not with Jade. Not now, not ever.

Is this the part where you confess your feelings to her?

Her arms were still around my neck and was smiling. Only God knows what was funny.

I cleared my throat, about to say something just as my phone rang. Jade jumped at the sound and moved back.

I immediately miss the feeling of her arms around me.

It was Akin calling and I glanced at Jade before picking up.

'Where on earth are you guys? You've been gone since morning, the whole school is almost deserted and......'

I finched at the loudness of his voice and I removed the phone from my ears.

'We're coming. Just chill.'

I said to the receiver again.

'Ejebi'

He hung up before I could say anything else. I glanced at Jade. She was looking at me. I smiled at her.

'We should probably go, right?'

I nodded and we both stood. As we walked off to wherever the rest of the gang were, Jade moved closer to me and intertwined our hands.

I don't think I'd ever let go.

                              *********

                               ~Jade~

A million dollar smile.

Oh my God! I kissed Uthman. The Zee in my finally acted up and initiated a kiss with a guy I liked.

Did you regret it?

No, Never.

Did you want to do it again?

Everyday.

Hey God! I was really hopeless.

I was sitting in front of the mirror, applying my night cream when I subconsciously touched my lips, wallowing in the memories of being kissed by the guy I like. Nobody told me kisses were that perfect, that awesome, that amazing. I closed my eyes, remembering the feel of his lips against mine.

I jumped when i heard my phone ring. I glanced at the wallclock. It was almost 10. Who could be calling this late? I frowned.

My frown turned into a smile when I saw who was calling.

I cleared my throat as I picked the call.

'Hey'

I smiled just at his voice. His voice oo. God!

'Hi'

'How're you?'

'I'm fine and you?'

'I'm fine, very fine.'

I felt myself smile again.

'Were you sleeping already?'

He asked again. I was just smiling like an idiot.

'No, not at all. I don't sleep this early.'

I heard him scowled.

'You? So what do you do this late when you are not sleeping?'

'I read, watch films and at times, I eat.'

I laughed at the last part and he joined in.

'Thank God you are already laughing at yourself oo. Miss Foodie. I think I should just change your name to Miss foodie.'

I laughed harder.

I got on my bed and laid down, facing the ceiling.

'So what about you? What do you this late when not sleeping?'

'I work out.'

'Oh'

I replied and trailed off. That explained his abs and biceps.

The abs you were low key checking out that last time in the locker room.

Funny how our subconscious would alway remembered all our suppressed memories. That one thing was what I've always denied but the truth was I've always or almost always admired his abs.

'Jadeshola...'

'Ehn?'

'Are you still there? You stopped replying.'

'oh yes. Sorry. I zoned out. What were you saying?'

I heard him chuckle lightly. Some minutes lather, we ended the call and I remained on my bed. I was too giddy to sleep. On a day like this, I was supposed to be on Zee's bed gisting her about my first kiss. That she'd been right all along, that I liked Uthman but now, I don't even know where she was. I opened my whatsApp and searched for her name. I did not even know she had dropped other messages for me.

    Zee✨: Hey Baby
                 Congratulations on winning the contest, I knew you could do it. I love you so much.

I scowled, you love me so much? You love me so much indeed. That's why you left without a backward glance. Without a goodbye. Hmm? I felt tears in my eyes. God! I was just a cry baby.

Don't allow your mood to get ruined. Think about Uthman.

I was such an idiot. I laughed, thinking about our kiss earlier, I'd probably spent the rest of the night thinking about kisses.

Was that his first kiss?

Nah.

Yes.

So has he ever kissed any other girl before me?

I don't think so but then, how come he was that perfect?

He has probably kissed someone else before me.

No.

Yes.

Why does it matter if he had kissed someone before me?

Because that's not fair. I wanted to be his first kiss.

But he did not say anything about haven kissed someone before.

Okay. Alright. That's that. I had to sleep but my mind keeps straying to whether he had kissed someone or not. I did not know how long I laid there thinking about whether he had kissed someone or not until I checked the time.

1AM

God! Jade!

You're way too young to start losing sleep over a boy.

                           ***********

Ever been addicted to something?

I've never been addicted to anything until now.

And that's just Uthman.

Him.

Just him.

I saw him talking to some juniors in front of the hall and I just stood there staring at him when I felt someone bumped into me from behind. I nearly doubled over, nearly falling down.

'Were you blind or something?'

I said angrily as I turned back to look at whoever the person was.

It was Michelle.

'Definitely not blind. I thought it was a brick over here.'

I laughed mitlessly.

Idiot.

'If there is any brick here, it's your brain.'

I turned back to look at Uthman and she moved to stand in front of me, blocking my view. Her arms folded on her chest. I turned back and started to walk away. She cornered me again.

'What? Do you have anything to say?'

She scowled.

'Do you feel on top of the world now that you've won? Hmm? Is that why you're talking back?'

I stared at her in disgust. What the fuck is this girl's problem?

'If not for Uthman that fell sick, you won't be here talking back to me.'

Idiot. When I've not even said anything.

'Are you done talking? I have to go.'

I started to walk away and she pulled me back.

'Why were you staring at Uthman earlier?'

I shrugged her hands off.

'And how is that your business?'

'So you like Uthman?'

I only stared at her, wondering about how stupid she could get. Only God knows why I was once her friend. I don't see any reason to like her.

Zero. Nada. Nothing.

I smiled.

'Of course I like him. Have you not seen the way I look at him these days?'

'Are you doing this to get back at me? Because I stole your key points? You know how much I like Uthman and you want to steal him away from me?'

I laughed. Idiot.

'He was not yours in the first place so I'm not stealing anything from you. And besides, he is not an object to be stolen or possesed.'

'Wow. How low would you get? And I know you don't actually like him, you are just doing whatever it is that you're doing to spite me.

I shook, feeling incredibly sorry for her stupidity.

'You're not that important. Nah, you're not even important at all.'

I turned back and started to walk to the hall. Uthman was no longer where I'd left him.

'Hey'

I turned to see Hana and Dan walking towards me. I hugged Hana when she got to me. I'd not seen or spoken to her since Saturday. She went for a shoot since Saturday evening. I've not even told her about I and Uthman.

Wait, Uthman and I?

We kissed. Yes but does that mean we're dating already?

Nah, I don't think so.

'Good morning. Are you done spacing out?'

She asked, waving her fingers in front of my eyes. I blinked.

'Don't mind me. How're you doing?'

'Fine fine. You're glowing today. Is there a good news I don't know about?'

I smiled.

'Wow, that confirms it. So what's it?'

I smiled again and looked at Daniel. He smiled when I met his eyes.

'Oh, I should probably leave you girls to talk. The assembly starts in...'

He looked at his wristwatch.

'.... now'

And we heard the bell.

                                  *********

The principal called the school prefects during the first period to discuss an upcoming programme with us. An NGO called Rise Initiative was coming to our school the coming week to discuss career paths and the SDG's with SS2 and SS3 students. I did not see Uthman during assembly and when he came in. I saw him glance around and when his eyes finally met mine. He smiled.

I melted. Literally.

We all sat down around the conference table and Uthman sat at the opposite end and yet I felt like he was so close to me. We were sitting on the front seats, the ones close to where the principal sat but I only heard bits and bits of what he said. I kept glancing at Uthman. He met my eyes and he smiled.

Nah, he grinned.

When the principal finished addressing us, students started filling out. I stayed back, Uthman stayed back too. When we were the only ones left, he stood up with a grin on his face and walked to where I sat.

'So why are you not leaving?'

I shrugged.

'I have to finish up on what the principal told me to do.'

I replied him.

'Oh, I should leave you then. I don't want to disturb you.'

He started to walk away and I grabbed his hands.

'Hey come on'

'What?'

Oh. Two can play the game. I stood up.

'let's go then.'

He blocked my way and I looked up.

'You're in the way.'

He shrugged and moved closer. I moved backwards till my leg hit the chair I stood up from. I sat down and he leaned over, watching me.

'What's so fascinating about my face or is it my eyes?'

'Everything is so fascinating about your face.'

He straightened and sat down on the table, facing me.

'So good morning.'

I smiled.

'Why are you greeting me?'

He shrugged.

'Because I've not greeted you since morning.'

I burst into laughter.

'let's just skip formalities.'

He said nothing for a while and I looked at him. He was staring down at me with a grin on his face.

'So I overheard you talking to Michelle this morning.'

I hissed underneath my breath. I really don't want that girl's name in any part of our conversation.

'I loved everything you said to her but I overly loved the part where you said 'I like Uthman'. How come you are telling others you like me when you've not even told me?

I stared at him, mouth opened.

'Oya na, tell me. I'm all ears.'

'You already heard it so there's no need to say it again.'

'Eeh. Come on. Just say it. Trust me, it's better when I'm just the only one hearing it.'

'No way.'

'Hey come on, don't be shy. I already know you like me so just say it.'

I stared at him, mortified.

'You know I like you? You can't be so sure. Maybe this is all a joke to me.'

He grinned and shrugged.

'Your actions were saying something else on Saturday. Should we have a recap?'

He moved closer and I pushed him back. He burst into laughter.

'You said it was beyond amazing so....'

'Tsk tsk tsk. I'm not having this conversation with you. Let's just go to class.'

I stood up to leave and he pulled me back, trapping me between his legs. He was still smiling.

I'm definitely a sucker for his smile.

'So I want to ask you something?'

I stared him, not saying anything.

He pulled me even closer.

'It's hard to think straight with this little distance between us but then, I really should do this to set things straight.'

'What's that?'

He looked at me, cleared his throat.

'Okay so... Would you....'

'Why are you stuttering?'

He breathed in and smiled nervously.

'Oh. This is way harder than I thought it would be.'

I smiled and moved a little closer to him.

Just know that your own has met you if any teacher should come in now.

He smiled tightly and muttered something like you are not even helping matters.

'Okay so. Wouldyoubemygirlfriend?'

I smiled.

'I did not hear that last part.'

'Oh. I just asked you to be my girlfriend.'

I kept my expression neutral and blank.

'No'

They've kissed oo. They've finally kissed. You people finally corrupted my babies 😭😂 Now, Teefabulous, Sewa, Ujurita and co will stop haunting me in my dreams.

We have another suggestion for Uthman courstesy of one awesome reader. Do you guys think he is a better fit than the first guy? You guys should let me know oo

I don't know when the next update would be but don't worry, it won't be that far.

Thank you for all the love you've shown my story so far. I love you guys so much ❤ 💓

Don't forget to click on the star button below 🙏🙏

Love, Riri.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 14.1K 52
(Currently editing/rewriting) A story of a love that is out of this world! A story between Mason and Amira who met and fell in love in grade 12. They...
26.1K 2K 35
"We need to talk".... "I've got nun to say to you Carru. So leave me alone".... "I said, we need to talk!".... "Who do you think you are ordering me...
11.6K 1.8K 32
Meet Channelle. A young, teenage girl moved from Abuja to Lagos, due to her father's new employment. For her last year of high school, her parents en...
73.5K 16K 31
Tiana Dakoba isn't who everyone thought she was. To everyone, the mere sight of her oozed confidence and pride. She was the "It" girl. But no one kne...