Free Solo

By AMAC45

Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114

78

4.8K 130 7
By AMAC45

Audrey's POV

"ATHENA LET'S GO." I shout as Daan, Balto and I wait by the door to the garage.

"Coming." Athena says.

"Do you have everything you need?" I ask as my little sister walks into my arms.

"Mhmm." Athena says as she closes her eyes.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Just tired."

"Well how about tonight you stay in my room with Daan and I and we can cuddle all night."

"That sounds nice." Athena says.

Athena and I hug for a few more seconds then the four of us head to the car and drive to Chase and Athena's high school.

Chase has two-a-days today and it's almost over so I'm picking him up.

Once at the high school I park near the football field then Balto, Daan, Athena, and I get out of the car and head out to the field.

"Daan." I say then my girlfriend looks at me. "Hand me that football."

Daan looks around for the ball I'm talking about and when she finds it she hands it to me. I then spin the ball in my hands as I look for my little brother. When I find Chase I throw the ball at him then watch the ball fly through the air and hit his shoulder pads.

Chase turns around then I wave at him causing him to wave back as we approach him

"Ready to go?" I ask.

"Yeah." Chase says then his head coach approaches.

"Audrey?" The coach says.

"Jay?" I question then I hug my old High School friend. "Look at you coaching my little brother."

"Hey Coach?" Some kid with a mullet says while. "What's a girl doing on a football field?"

"Dude that's my sister's and my older sisters girlfriend and I will kick your ass if you disrespect them again." Chase says.

"Dude I've played in more important games of football than you have." I say.

"She's not lying." Jay says when the kid goes to protest. "I got three state championship rings because of her."

"3?" Chase asks.

"We won the Washington State championship our Sophomore, Junior, and Senior year." Jay says. "In those three games your sister hit a 49 yard, a 47 yard, and a 52 year game winning field goal respectively."

"So?" The mullet kid says. "Kicking's not that hard."

"You do it then you fuck." The kid, who I assume is the kicker, says.

"Seth I've seen you kick." Some blonde kid says. "You suck ass."

"So besides me being a girl why do you think I don't know about American Football Seth?" I ask.

"You play soccer." Seth says. "That's a pussy sport."

"Bruh." Jay says. "Do you wanna run for 90 minutes straight with no break and potentially no sub?"

"Nah fuck that." Daniel, one of Chase's older friends, says. "Seth I've seen her workout and I'd shut the fuck up if I was you."

"Seth what position do you play?" I ask.

"Wide receiver." The kid with a mullet says.

"And what happens when you score?"

"Uh we win?"

"Here's the difference." I say. "When I score I get paid a goal bonus of a decent amount of money but when you score all you get is a high five so pipe down little boy."

"You get paid to score?" Some brunette kid asks.

"Mhmm." I say. "If I score more than 20 goals a season then I get a lot of money."

"You know." Jay says as he looks at me. "Seth has a scholarship offer to Washington."

"Maybe I should call coach and have a little chat about Seth." I say.

"Really?" Seth asks.

"If you ever treat another women like the way you treated us then I will." I say then I look at my brother. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah." Chase says.

"We'll be in the car so go shower and change quickly."

Chase nods before he jogs off to the locker room then Athena, Daan, Balto, and I head back to the to wait for Chase.

"Audrey when do you leave?" Athena asks.

"Monday."

- - - - -

"Daan have you seen my boots?" I ask as I rummage around my locker in the Arsenal training ground.

Today's the first day of training before the new season.

We just finished our pre season tour of Germany where we played Wolfsburg, Bayern Munich, Potsdam, and the new Borussia Dortmund team and now we're prepping for our first WSL match against the newly promoted London City Lionesses.

"Here." Daan says and hands my rainbow and white boots to me. "I guess you put them in my bag this morning."

"Thanks." I say.

"Audrey how many pairs of those do you have?" Lisa asks.

"20." I say. "I've already worn through one so this is my second pair and I have 18 pairs left."

"I thought it was 8." Tierna says.

"Nike found more so they sent them to me." I say.

"Don't Nike send you their new boots?" Leah asks.

"Why do you think I do so many boot giveaways on my social media." I say.

"Do Nike not care?" Jordan asks.

"They're still paying me so I guess not." I say.

"Will you ever not wear those?" Steph asks.

"Have you seen her goalscoring record?" Viv asks. "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

"How many goals have you scored in those boots?" Lisa asks.

"No clue." I say.

I'm lying.

I know exactly how many I've scored with these boots.

I know how many goals I've scored at the club level in these boots and at the International level in these boots.

"Hey Audi, How much money did your charity match raise?" Kim asks.

"Five million dollars." I say with a smile.

"That's awesome." Jordan says.

"Whenever your read head out to the pitch." Jill Ellis says then she leaves the locker room.

"Come on Balto." I say then the two of us head out of the locker room and start walking out to our training pitch.

On the way out to our training pitch Balto and I catch up with the new Manager of Arsenal.

"How ya doing Audrey?" Jill asks.

"I'm doin alright." I say. "How are you?"

"I'm doing good." Jill says then she clears her throat. "How's your Mom?"

"Good."

"Everything good on the health front for her?"

"Yeah." I say and smile. "She had a full body scan and there aren't any signs of cancer."

"That's great." Jill says then she clears her throat "I know you probably hate me..."

"It's in the past Jill." I say. "I realized life's too short to hold grudges."

"Alright." Jill says as we reach the training pitch. "I guess I'll see you in a few minutes."

"See ya then." I say then I head over to the fitness coach.

"You alright?" Daan asks when she arrives. "You and Jill seemed deep in conversation."

"We're cool." I say as I notice Balto sit down in his normal place next to the fitness coach. "It's pointless to hold a grudge."

Daan smiles at me then she hugs me from the side.

"Oh." I say then I lean down to whisper to Daan. "Ali called me and said it worked."

"Really?" Daan says with a smile and I nod. "That's Awesome."

"Yeah." I say. "It really is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

496K 15.5K 151
Michelle Martins is a sports prodigy. She knew almost every sport and flourished at all of it, but she especially flourished at Soccer. Every team w...
265K 6.6K 43
Anna has had a very hard upbringing, but she's defeated every hurdle thrown her way. But what will happen when her biggest secret comes to light and...
587K 14.1K 71
Meet Cody, an average teenager, dealing with a rough home life and the school bully, who just so happens to be her Captain on the high school soccer...
207K 4K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...