Vanguard | ONC 2020 โœ”

By Nicoismysenpai

๐Ÿ…ONC 2020 || Round Two Qualifier ๐Ÿ…The Peacock Awards || Science Fiction Best Graphics ๐Ÿฅ‡The Next Top Book |... More

Charcoal
Ebony
Midnight
Onyx
Smoky
Licorice
Eigengrau
Diesel
Diablo
Asphalt
Jaguar
Carbon
Roseman
Vanta
Coal
Black
Author's Note, Trivia, And Some Other Useless Stuff

Mine Shaft

95 25 30
By Nicoismysenpai

"It was just a dog."

"Did you really think he was your twin brother?"

"Lee Cheng Xin is an artificial, created by me."

Alisa's blood had run cold in her veins, so frigid that her entire body had turned to ice. Once they'd pulled her from the room, she felt a wave of strange emptiness wash over her---true blank stone, not the emotionless mask she had been hiding behind all her life. Her dog was dead. Her twin was fake. Red was trapped with a monster. She was good as dead.

Life was a gift that kept on giving, except the gift box was filled with spiders and the spiders multiplied every time she tried to pull the ribbon open.

Alisa stopped struggling, stopped crying, stopped fighting. She lay limp as a rag doll as she realised that she was truly alone. Her world had fallen apart, any last shreds of hope ripped from her and ground into the soil. The barrel of the rifle was cold against her neck, as cold as her heart. The icy fist that had squeezed around it earlier was back with a vengeance, strangling the life out of her.

It was cold when her clothes were stripped off her helpless body. It was cold when she was thrown to the ground and punched, slapped, hit. It was cold when the men did as they wished with her.

It was cold when Alisa Lee finally gave up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8 0 8
This is a novel about a topic we technically made up randomly and if there are any mistakes, errors, or just places I could fix and add more details...
105K 5.8K 35
With an opportunity of a lifetime to make her entrepreneurial dreams come true, Thea finds it getting increasingly harder to hide her attraction to h...
63.9K 1.5K 24
"Shit!" I muttered under my breath. He pulled open the door and headed for me with a smile that made my skin crawl. I withdrew my gun from my bag and...
5.9K 775 17
Special Agent Alyssa Caine has been tasked with the most important mission of her life: the assassination of the man who would bring about the end of...