The Hybrid Love

By Elysian_Quaintrelle

"She was afraid because she was different. But little did she know, while she was busy trying to fit in, a ma... More

WARNING!
Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 30

202 12 1
By Elysian_Quaintrelle

Warning: Gore Alert.
This chapter is going to be full of blood and gore. Dead animal, organs and other stuffs that can trigger phobia or trauma. Read at your own risk.

An awkward tension hugged the whole dining area as we all sat on our chairs our lips closed. None of us dared to let out even a single sound. I looked around them as big piece of beef was served in front of me.

Of course the boys didn't have to disguised here in Yoongi's house. They didn't have to eat human food jusst for show. It was still their hunting season and my food can still make them weak.

I glanced at them one by one. Their orbs glowing in different eye colors replacing the black and brown eyes that I am used to seeing. I'm getting more and more comfortable with their vampire state because I've realized, I would be living and bonding with them for a quite a long time.

Yoongi sat in the middle while I was in his right side. In front of me was Jungkook. Beside him was Taehyung and Jimin. While on my side was Hoseok, Namjoon and Seokjin.

I still haven't eaten a piece of the steak because I didn't know if I am allowed to or if it was even the right thing to do. I've attempted holding the knife and fork a couple of times but I was debating myself.

All were distracted by a loud growl that came from my stomach. I felt my cheeks and ears flushed a crimson red color as I was embarassed. I hugged my tummy and lowered my head.

"Come on, Jiyeon. Eat your food." Hoseok said and he cut the steak for me. I immediately stopped him and told him that I can do it by myself but he insisted until it was cut in bite-size pieces.

I looked at them once again and their eyes were looking at me. Namjoon and Jimin can't still look at me back. I saw Jungkook and Taehyung struggling to keep a straight face after what happened and heard a slight giggle Seokjin.

"Aren't you guys going to drink blood or something??" I asked as I started to pick my utensils and ate my food. I closed my eyes when the delicious flavor of the meat met with my tongue. The flavor was bursting on my pallet.

I was into eating my food that I almost forgot that the boys are just staring at me. "Don't be shy and drink or eat whatever you like." I assured them and they all look at each other.

"It will be messy. It's best if you finish your food first." Yoongi said this time making me turn my head to his direction. He was staring at me with his emotionless glowing eyes while I chew my food.

"But I've already seen them drink blood while I ate what's new?" I asked as I ate another piece of the meat. I drank my juice when I felt like I was choking because I was eating so fast.

"It will be messier this time." Taehyung replied. I'm curious. How is it different from last time? I mean I've already seen them drink blood and it's not new to me. I am used to these bloodsuckers so why are they declining now?

"Please? I won't finish my food if you won't join me." I stubbornly said as I put my knife and fork down on the table. This made all of them gasp and look at each other once again. I wish I could read their minds ugh.

"Fine. You asked for this, Jiyeon." Hoseok stated and I just nodded. I'm pretty sure it won't be as bad as last time-

"Woah what the hell?!" I almost threw up when I saw what Hoseok had just put on the table. He used his inhuman speed to get their "food."

I can't believe I am seeing a dead deer lying on the dining table just right in front of my meat. Right in front of me. I looked at it with full of horror in my eyes. I switched my gaze to Yoongi with my eyes asking for an explanation. But he looked at me with "told you" face.

It had bite marks on it and it was bathing on its own blood. It had scratches on its stomach and its head was broken. I glanced at the boys and their eyes were fixated on the bloody meal lying on the table.

I could see the veins in their neck peeking through as they looked at their prey with thirst and hunger. They looked at me in sync making me almost fall from my seat because for the first time, they looked terrifying for pete's sake.

They were asking permission through their eyes and I hesitatingly nodded. In less than a second, Taehyung was seated on the table right above the deer's head. Seokjin broke one of it's legs. Hoseok, Jungkook and Jimin have slit the deer's body open feasting on its organs. Namjoon and Yoongi cut the deer in half.

Yoongi looked at me first. Go ahead and eat. I whispered in my thoughts. That's when I saw him really really wild. Eating the deer with full hunger and thirst. I looked at them and realized they are very strong to hold such thirst and hunger.

Each of their eyes glowed in different colors as they feast together on the dead animal. After a while I got used to the sight and started eating my meal once again. I tried my best not to look at them but I was really amazed on how they looked like but at the same time disgusted because there was blood everywhere.

As the time goes by, they were getting more and more covered by the deer's blood. The once handsome boys was now covered in blood. Taehyung and Jungkook's face was covered in blood like someone splashed it to them. I also noticed that there was a weird mark on Taehyung's chest.

"That's his witch mark." Yoongi whispered in my thoughts making me nod in amazement. It looked cool and weird at the same time.

Hoseok and Namjoon had blood in their eyes and hair by digging their faces too much on the said animal. Seokjin, Jimin, and Yoongi had more blood in their arms and mouth.

When I finished eating, I quickly stood up and went to the sink to wash my plate. I opened the  refrigerator to get a water and once again I came in sight with the red liquid whom before I thought was wine.

After cleaning the dishes, I went back to the dining area and to my surprise, "holy shit. You finished it quickly." The bones and antlers were the only ones left on table. It was like the deer was never there. I glanced at them one by one as they went back to their seats and tried to clean themselves.

"So uhh, that's how we eat." Namjoon said as he wiped his mouth with his clean wrist. The boys looked away from me and I could feel that they were embarassed.

"No problem. Next time if I say that I want all of you to join me, join me. I don't care if you guys eat messily. We are all hungry so who cares?" I stated making them all smile and approached me all together. They hugged me forgetting that they were covered in blood.

"Oh no!!" Seokjin shouted as he tried to wipe the blood from my arms and face. Yoongi didn't joined the hug and just stood there by the table as he looked at us with happiness.

"Gues I'm going to need another pair of clothes from you." I teasingly said as I approached him and tried to clean his messy face. He held my waist and pulled me closer.

"You can wear and have my clothes all to yourself." Yoongi smirked making him look hot even with the blood all over his face. I jokingly slapped his face making all of us laugh.

"You better clean yourselves guys. We don't want blood stains all over Yoongi's house. They might think a murder has happened." I joked making them laugh once again as they disappeared in a blink of an eye one by one from my sight. Me and Yoongi were the only ones left.

"Come on. Let's get you cleaned up." I lend my hand and he gladly hold it with a smile plastered on his face. We walked normally this time. No inhuman speed. No teleportation. We were walking with the time by our side.

"I wouldn't mind being slow and appreciate every second if I'm with you." He whispered but enough for me to hear it. I smiled but I pretended like I didn't heard it.

"What was that? I didn't quite hear it can you please repeat that?" I acted as if I didn't hear it and put my hand on my ear gesturing for him to repeat what he said.

"No. I am not going to repeat what I said. A King never repeats his words." He sternly said and pulled me closer to him. I pouted because he used the "King" card this time. So unfair. Hmp.

We arrived in his room and I immediately helped him take his shirt off. Doing that was kind of a mistake. When I lifted his shirt up, he looked at me intensely. I could feel the tension building up.

"I-i'll get the basin for you." I quickly went to the bathroom and breathe deeply. If I'm used to the boys vampire state, I'll never get used to Yoongi's intense stares. He just looks like he wants me all to him and I could feel the possessiveness flowing all over his body.

I fill the basin with warm water and got the towel beside it. I put a tiny bit amount of soap so that it can help him clean faster. I went out of the bathroom and saw him shirtless while sitting on the edge of the bed. I gulped as I looked at his state.

I stared at him for a little while forgetting my true purpose. I was brought back to my senses when Yoongi turned his head to my direction. "What are you still doing there?" He asks as he gestured me to come closer.

"I- umm... nothing. You're distracting me." The last few words came out as a whisper as I sat in front of him. I started wiping his face with the warm towel while he just looked at me intently.

"What was that?" He says as he tried to make me repeat the words that I've just said earlier. Me being shy and embarassed, I lowered my head and just continued on cleaning my mate.

"Nothing." I whispered as I held his right hand and lifted it up to clean the blood that has already dried up on his arms. I gently rub it off as I didn't even bothered to look at Yoongi. I could feel his gaze on mine but I was too shy to even give him a single glance.

I switched to his other hand and did the same thing. But what he did next made my heart beat faster than before. He intertwined our hands making me look at him. "W-what are you doing?" I asked feeling embarassed because I can feel my cheeks burning up again.

"Look, don't they look perfect? Like they are meant for each other." Yoongi suddenly said making me shock and look at him with my wide eyes. That's exactly what I said when we got down from the rooftop.

"Y-you knew about that?" I asked feeling ten times more embarassed than before. He just smiled a little as he looked back down at our hands that were now resting in each others warmth. Even though he was quite colder.

"When you said that it made me happy. After that night I couldn't stop thinking about our hands holding each other perfectly like nothing could take them away from each other." He held my hand tightly as he closed his eyes as he reminisced about that night.

"I'm glad to know that I made you happy." I smiled and he opened his eyes that were once again glowing. I cupped his cheeks and we all know it's mostly guys kissing girls on their forehead but this time, I was the one who planted a kiss on his forehead.

I stayed like that for a second and pulled away. I caressed his cheeks that was now tinted in light pink color. "Oh my gosh, Yoongi. Are you blushing?" I teased. He hid his face using his hands. "No I'm not! It's the blood it stained my face." He tried to deny it but he looked so cute blushing in front of me.

"You don't have to deny it. You look cute and fluffy when you're blushing like that. Only I can make you blush, okay Min Yoongi?" I jokingly said and acted as if I was possessive like him. He peeked through one side of his hand as he slowly put them down.

"I like it when you're possessive about me, Jiyeon-ah." He says as he pulled me making me stand up and sit on his lap. "Oh wait Yoongi I have to clean myself." I quickly stood up from his lap and wiped the blood from my arms and face.

"Put some clothes on first, Sir." I smirked because I remembered how much he hate it when I call him "sir." I scanned through his big closet which was filled with dark colors.

"Whaa I could get lost in here." I whispered as I tried to search for clothes. I was then interrupted by strong arms enveloping my body.

"I will never let you." He whispers at my neck before he went down and picked his clothes.

"Here wear this." He lend me his clothes for the second time and I almost forgot that we were in the same room and was supposed to change my clothes. We stared at each other for a little while before he turned his back at me.

"I-i'll be in the bathroom." He says before entering the bathroom and closing the door behind him. I quickly changed my clothes before he came back.

I looked in the mirror and it felt so comfy. I was wearing a plain black shirt that was way too big for me. For my bottom I also wore black sweatpants. I heard the doorknob click and I immediately turned my head to Yoongi who was now to my surprise wearing the same clothes as me.

I crossed my arms and looked at him while squinting my eyes. "Did you do this on purpose?" I asked even though it didn't bothered me if we wore the same clothes. It's cute anyways.

"Yeah. We look cute." He said making me drop my jaw. The holy Min Yoongi is saying stuffs like this ohmygosh. He walked closer to me so that we are now both standing in front of the mirror. He hugged me from my back and rest his chin on my shoulder. I was smaller than him so he had to bent down a little.

He hugged me tighter and closed his eyes. I felt him took a deep breath. His touch and hug feels so relaxing. I caressed his arm and also hugged it. "Hey Yoongs, are you okay?" I asked because it feels like he had so much weight on his shoulder.

"Yes. I'm just happy that you're here." He said almost letting out a whisper. He slightly started swaying our bodies while he still has his eyes closed. I smiled at what he said as I also started closing my eyes.

"I love you." We both said in sync making us open our eyes together and laughing at the same time. He made me face him as we laugh together. "Now Ms. Choi, is this what love feels like?" He asks as he removed strands of hair from my face. I chuckled as he I cupped his face.

"Yes Mr. Min. This is what love feels like." His teasing smile turned into a sincere one as he hugged me once again. "You sure love hugging me that much." I giggled while I was still in his embrace.

"Just let me be." He whispered as he planted a kiss on the top of my head as I nodded pushing myself into his chest more.

"Yoongi I have a question." I looked up at him and he just hummed a "hmm." I took a deep breath before blurting out my question. I've been thinking about it for a while after the dream I had long before I even knew Yoongi was my mate.

"Since we all know you're the king, that means I'm going to be the umm future queen." I paused for a second waiting for his reaction and he didn't failed me when he pulled away and made us sit on the bed.

"What about it?" He asks as he held my hand. "What if the misanthropians don't want a human queen?" I finally asked the question I've been dying to ask.

He turns his gaze away from me and now staring at the floor blankly. "Then they'll have to fight me." I was shocked by his answer and I quickly waved my hands as a sign of no.

"Wait what? No! Don't do that. If for some reason the misanthropians hate me, please don't declare a war." I immediately opposed.

He shot me some sharp glares. "But I have to if they won't accept you. All my life I've dedicated for them. If they can't accept you then I will be unhappy." I could see his knuckles turning white because he was gripping tightly on the bedsheet.

"Hey hey look at me." I held his face and gently made him turn back to me. "Misanthropians are your people. As their king, they only want what's best for you and your kingdom. They are the people who was there years before me. They are the people who helped you stay in your position. They are misanthropians. They know Misanthrope better than me." I calmly said and I saw his face relaxed. I am glad he's listening.

"Remember, a King is meant to serve his people not the other way around. The king needs the people's hardwork to build up his kingdom and the least thing he could do is help and serve them. Be a leader to them. That's why never declare war against them if they ever oppose me being their queen." I continued and he just kept his gaze on me. He listened very carefully not missing any single details.

"I understand you want to be happy. You want me to be their queen. I would also love that but what about them? I could be with you forever even if I am not their queen. Just imagine if you declare war against your people, think about the lives that will be killed just because you want me to be their queen. That's ridiculous, right?" I asked him because he knows this better than I do. He's a king. He knows how to rule his kingdom even before I arrived. He wouldn't be known as the greatest ruler if he wasn't.

"Yes. I am so sorry but if they ever pass the line I will never hesitate. But as their King, I will serve them till my very last breath. Thank you. You are definitely fit for a queen. You don't even live there. You don't even know anything about the misanthropians or Misanthrope it self but you care for them." He smiled like a little babie as he caressed my cheeks. I can't risk any lives just for my own happiness. That's brutal and selfish.

He stood up and gently laid me down on his bed. "I want to sleep in my room." I pleaded because I didn't want to waste such beautiful masterpiece that he made. I want to spend time in that room as much I can.

"Oh. You don't want to sleep here beside me?" He sounded a little heartbroken making me sad. I hugged him and made him face me.

"That's not what I meant. Let's sleep in my room together. I like it there." I smiled and I saw his face brightened up. He then carried me and walked towards my room. He carefully put me down and I excitedly went to the balcony. The garden is still blooming and beautiful.

He lied on the bed and I followed afterwards. He immediately hugged me as soon as I was beside him. I squished my self close to his chest and heard his heart beating. Few moments later I felt relaxed and fell asleep.

I woke up to hearing my mother's cries. Wait, my mother's cries?! I immediately opened my eyes and saw that I was back in our house. Right in the middle of the forest. I was standing in our balcony and I can't even understand how I got in here.

I quickly ran towards the door and opened it. I sighed when the door wasn't locked. I went upstairs and saw trails of water? On the stairs. I went to my mother's room and I gasped when I saw her lying on the bed with a big bump on her tummy.

Her face was wet with sweat and tears there was another woman in the room and she looked familiar. She looked like one of the students who saved me when someone was bullying. He saved me along with Jimin if I can clearly remember.

Another person was in the room and I felt my tears fell from my face. "Dad..." I shakingly walked towards him. I have never seen him in person only in pictures. Mom said he ran away right before she could even gave birth to me.

"Sir you have to choose, it's either your daughter or your wife." The lady said as she wiped my mother's sweat. She went back in between her legs as she tried to get my mother into labor.

"Wha-what?" My father was frustrated and started running his fingers through his hair.

"They won't survive so you have to choose. It's either the baby or your wife." Mom looked at my dad as she shook her head.

"Choose our baby." Mother smiled at my father as he shook his head. Mom never told me about this. She never told me that she almost faced death while giving birth to me.

"No! No! No!" My father shouted as she approached my mother. He caressed her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

"You and the baby will survive. Don't worry. Name the baby Choi Jiyeon if she's a girl and Choi Jihyun if he's a baby boy." My father said making me and my mother confused although I was not there I'm still confused.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" Mom was struggling to talk as she was still in labor. Dad never answered and kissed her lips before running away.

"Sir where are you going?!" The lady shouted as she stopped my dad from leaving. Dad just removed her hand from his and glared at my lady.

"Make sure you keep my wife and daughter alive. I will save the both of them." Dad stated and left our house. Though I wanted to stay with my mom, the curiosity of why he left bothered me.

I immediately went out of the house and followed him. He was heading towards the forest but why? Was he going to leave? Did he have another family in the forest? Why did he left?

"You. You're back, Mr. Choi." A beautiful lady said. I covered my mouth with my hands. Was my dad cheating on my mother? I was shocked when my father knelt in front of her.

Minutes later two more ladies came out. They were as beautiful as the first lady. "Oh are you going to use your one favor?" The second lady asked. The third lady raised my father's head up making him look at them.

"Please help me save my wife and daughter." My dad cried. I felt more tears fell as I looked at my father who was now begging to save me and my mother.

"But there's one condition. In order to save their lives, you have to risk yours." The first lady said making me gasp loudly. My father nodded as he dug his fingers on the ground.

"I know that. Just please save my wife and daughter. Please I'm begging you!" He pleaded. Who are these people? Why is my dad begging on them?

"As you wish, Mr. Choi. You are a great man. You saved our kingdom from those ignorant humans and now you are willing to risk your life for your beloved wife and child. I hope you are not regretting anything." The first lady said once again. The second lady looked around like she was looking for something until she met eyes with me.

Can she see me? She smiles.

"What a beautiful child." The second lady stated making my dad look at her.

"Farewell, Mr. Choi." All together the three ladies' eyes glowed. The first lady's eyes glowed bright red. The second glowed yellow and the last glowed black. I covered my mouth as I saw a familiar mark in their palms.

The mark I saw from Taehyung. They are witches. Witches saved me and my mother's life. I watched in horror as my dead slowly fell to the ground. I cried louder as I felt heartbroken seeing my dad whom I've loathed for years not knowing the real story.

I ran back to our house and saw that mom already gave birth and saw the baby on her hands. "Choi Jiyeon." She whispered as she kissed the baby's cheeks. I looked at the lady who was now cleaning herself. She had a mark in her wrist like Taehyung and the three ladies had.

"Where is he?" My mother asks. Though she probably didn't want to believe it, she possibly thought father had ran away. And in my 18 years of existence we both believed that father had ran away from his responsibilities when in fact, my father is dead.

He risked his life for the sake of ours. We loathed him because he wasn't part of our story during these years and we never knew the real story. We  never knew the real story because how could a dead person even talk?

I stared at my mom and my baby self. For a second I thought I saw my eyes glow. It's probably just the reflection of the light.

I went back to the forest to memorize how it looked like. I will go back here once I wake up truly. I saw the three ladies on their way back to their place.

"Because we used our powers on a mortal child, there's a possibility our blood will flow on her." The second lady said.

"Should we keep her?" The third lady asks.

The first lady shook her head as she went in between the two ladies. "We are not going to keep her. Mr. Choi saved our lives. The least thing we could do is save her daughter and wife and we can't take that child away from her." The ladies nodded as they slowly went away.

"Besides, I am pretty sure that child will change the history." I heard her whisper and she looked back at where I was standing. I don't know if she can see me but if she does then she's probably seeing my eyes glowing.

They all walked away and I was left with my father who's still lying on the ground. I sat down beside him and tried to hug him. "Dad I am so sorry for hating you so much." I caressed his forehead as his eyes was calmly closed.

"I love you." I cried my whole heart out making me struggle from breathing. I clutched my chest and I could feel my breath taken away from me. I can hear someone shouting my name. I looked around me and saw no one. I collapsed beside my father as I continued to endure the pain that I was feeling.

"JIYEON WAKE UP!!" I gasped loudly as I shot my eyes open. I immediately looked for Yoongi and saw him worriedly staring at me. I pulled him into my embrace as he held me tightly. He rubbed my back giving me a soothing feeling.

My heart was beating fast and I felt like my eyes arw getting blurry. He let go of as he cupped my cheeks and he wiped my tears. "Shh. What happened?" He asks as he removed strands of hair from my face.

"I- i had a dream about my father." I recalled what happened making me burst in tears again. I only then realized that the boys were inside the room too. All of them looked worried and their eyes were glowing in the midst of sunlight hitting from the window.

"What dream?" He asked and I opened my thoughts. I let them read my mind as I recalled the dream. I held Yoongi's hand tightly when I was crying and felt my heart ache.

I heard a loud thump coming from Taehyung's direction. All of us turned to him as he knelt on the floor. I was shocked when I saw him crying. The boys then looked at me with surprise in their eyes.

"Jiyeon, your f-father." Yoongi stuttered as he knew how sensitive I was about my father. I nodded as I cried louder. But what I don't understand was Taehyung was crying with me.

"You were saved by the witches." Taehyung cried as he approached me slowly. Yoongi pulled away as he gave way for Taehyung. He cupped my cheeks as smiled at me.

"Thank you." He held my hand and put it close to his face. I looked around me confusingly as I tried to search for answer. They just looked at me as they slowly kneel one by one.

"Wh-what?" I stared at Taehyung with my head full of questions.

"Your father saved our Kingdom. Kolan. There was one time three humans accidentally entered Misanthrope and tried to burn down the palace of witches. Including my family." Taehyung explained as he looked at the ground.

"One of those humans was probably your father. He killed those two humans instead of letting them do their plan. He saved our kingdom. My family. I am thankful to meet the daughter of our savior." I gasped as I covered my mouth using my hands. I let more tears fall as more truth came out. I can't believe the one of the member of the  family of witches who my dad saved was now one of my bestfriends.

I hugged him and he gladly accepted it. "The reason why I felt so close to you is because I wasn't attached to you emotionally, I was attached to the power flowing in your blood which means..." his eyes widened as he came into realization.

He looked at Yoongi then back to me, "the reason why you can survive even with all the venom in your blood is because you were saved by the magic of witches. Their power flows on your blood. That's the reason why you can survive the venom." Taehyung stated making all of them look at me.

"But such ability can only be possessed by one creature..." Seokjin said making the boys widened their eyes.

"Pureblood." They all said in sync.

3rd Person's POV

"They are getting stronger and stronger." The King ran his fingers through his hair. He slammed the table using his hands causing it to break due to too much force he applied.

"Calm down, my brother." The younger tried to make his brother calm down but he failed. He was shot by sharp glares as his older brother approached him.

"How can I? The more that pureblood stayed in their pack, in their group, the more powerful they get." He held his younger brother's collar as he looked at him with anger.

"I have a plan. We will have a grand ball next month. And from what I've heard, the humans are going to have the same event. Let's kidnapped Jiyeon. Disguise as one of them. Have the misanthropians gathered and introduce Jiyeon as fraud. People will hate her. And if they knew she was a fraud, they wouldn't want her as Queen if Yoongi ever introduces her." The younger brother stated making the king sly a smile. He nodded as he clapped his hands loudly.

"I am very proud to have you as my brother. You are very smart. You never fail me." The younger bowed slightly to his king.

"I will be glad to see the king who turned his back from his own kingdom for a weak human, to go down and beg for the life of his mate." The king smirked as the younger just sat on the chair beside the broken table while he started thinking about how he's going to start his plan.

The past few chapters have been really quite long. I don't know I feel really inspired to write so please have patience with my long chapters. I also want to thank all of my readers who are still reading this book despite all the delays and late updates. Thank you and I love you all. :>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 2.4K 70
"We are just a bunch of lab experiments?" ยปยป-----ใ€€โ˜…ใ€€-----ยซยซ What if you get to know that you weren't supposed to exist? The Phenomenal were sent to...
68K 4.1K 28
Kim Namjoon was the typical church going man; committed to the church, loved his family and Jesus. He was the perfect man standing at 6'0" with a gir...
2.9K 262 48
"I'm different " "Everyone is, darling " The universe can sometimes be a clichรฉ drama, it ties two polar opposite people together, they fix each ot...
692K 37.5K 52
"What are you doing?" I asked, and he looked at me. I stumbled back and my back hit someone. I looked up to see bright red eyes glaring down at me. "...